Is Batman v. Superman over-hated?

• 90 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Batman v. Superman over-hated? (139 votes)

Yes 55%
No 45%

Is Batman v. Superman over-hated? Yes or No

No Caption Provided

• 
TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

No, it's not overhated. It's an insult to many fans of the characters and that pic you posted is one of the many reason why I hate the movie.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: I follow Lynda on Facebook, she's still sexy

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

No, it deserves all the hate it gets and more. Dont get why so many people defend it to be honest.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DBVSE7

No such thing.. but for the sake of the thread no.

It simply didn't live up to the OVER-HYPE it received before actually hitting theaters.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By kbroskywalker

its bad, but it is a teensy bit overhated, a teensy bit.

@modernww2fare

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, but for the right reason. One Civil War was amazing, and we should strive for good to amazing film, not passable. Second this is Batman and Superman first time on screen, two of the most iconic superhero of all time, and was so hype by fan only to be okay to below average is a travesty. So yes it is overly hated, but to be fair the film could had been better, and the fact that it wasn't is disappointing. Also inb4 director cut, which I would say, why not cut Louis sub plot all together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zack Snyder is a hack.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh-huh...Some it is cartoonish, you'd think this movie grabbed their cat and threw it into the ceiling fan hate.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Yes, but for the right reason. One Civil War was amazing, and we should strive for good to amazing film, not passable. Second this is Batman and Superman first time on screen, two of the most iconic superhero of all time, and was so hype by fan only to be okay to below average is a travesty. So yes it is overly hated, but to be fair the film could had been better, and the fact that it wasn't is disappointing. Also inb4 director cut, which I would say, why not cut Louis sub plot all together.

Idk how you f*ck up on two of the worlds most iconic heroes like that's really really bad it deserves all the hate it gets or most of it, you have source material and tv show look back still manage to mess it up like HOW?????

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. This film not only killed itself, but also the idea of a much better DC universe on screen that fans have been waiting decades to see

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most Batman fans would hate it. He was such a villain for most of it. :/

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slayz

For sure. It's not the trainwreck disaster people make it out to be.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't that bad. If they had cut out the parts with the visions, among other things, it could have been a lot better.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jgames said:

Idk how you f*ck up on two of the worlds most iconic heroes like that's really really bad it deserves all the hate it gets or most of it, you have source material and tv show look back still manage to mess it up like HOW?????

To be fair I really like Batman along the critics and general audience. Granted Superman was just plain, and overall not handle well, along with messy editing and cuts.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, it deserves all the hate it gets and more. Dont get why so many people defend it to be honest.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

For sure. It's not the trainwreck disaster people make it out to be.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm yes

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's somewhat overhated. Not all of the movie was bad. The worst of it was their treatment of Superman. How are you going to treat the greatest superhero of all time like that?

kbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool to hate it

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'll forgive it the day it takes the knife out of my back

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll forgive it the day it takes the knife out of my back

Savage

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On comicvine? NO, half these mother suckers like it. In the real world: Yes.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Of course it is. The movie wasn't actually that bad. It was as good as some of the recent CBM's, the only difference being the hype leading up to it. Because the walked in expecting more from a DC movie, despite the fact that it's past attempts were horrible more times than not. (As a DC fan, I can say this honestly). The fact that some people are mad about the way they treated superman astounds me. So your telling me the last 2-3 attempts at Superman were any better? Because they weren't. Also, for my battle people, if they fight wasn't evened out, there wouldn't have been a movie.

Another misguided way of comparing the film was to compare it to The Avengers. The two had completely different set ups .Marvel had a movie for almost every character involved, while DC was trying to start theirs with a group movie. They had completely different objectives and you have to keep that in mind when you watch. Also, I thought Batman and Wonder Woman were pretty good compared to what I personally expected.

I do want to say this, I don't think it's a bad movie. I also don't think it's that good. It is kind of mediocre, if i'm being honest. I do think that it is a far cry from the train wreck people make it out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It deserves worse than what it gets. A lot worse. None of these stupid write ups about how its deep and symbolic or a classic that will be remembered like that years from now. It's a shambles of a movie that almost wrecked the DCEU and all of our hopes rest on Suicide Squad.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

people said it was worse than Catwoman. So yes.

It really isn't and the fact that people are comparing it to the likes of Catwoman and Fantastic Four is ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

people said it was worse than Catwoman. So yes.

It really isn't and the fact that people are comparing it to the likes of Catwoman and Fantastic Four is ridiculous.

This^ I saw someone who's not really a comic book fan say it was the worst movie they'd ever seen.

I can probably list at least a dozen Superhero movies that were much worse, so yeah people are going way overboard.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but it's just the cool thing to hate right now and perfect material for fanboy wars. It will blow over eventually.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Yeah, it's not like it doesn't have redeeming qualities... It's a 50/50 film to me.

@mazahs117: DOGS ARE AWESOME, CATS SUCK

You can't see it but I'm totally flipping you off right now.

thefemalebat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thefemalebat

It's not so black and white. For me, there are aspects of the film that are being misinterpreted, but the film is disappointing... and rightfully so.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: So you mean to tell me, that you haven't seen any posts on comic vine or elsewhere that say this film is too deep for the general audience to comprehend and that its a misunderstood masterpiece? If you want examples checkout the dc cinematic subreddit on Reddit and you'll find people writing 6000 worded essays in defense of this film and how it is so deep that critics and anyone else who didn't like it simply don't understand it. That's the kind of craziness this film inspired. It would be fine if the film was actually good but it was mediocre at best.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: good, give me anger, it gives me focus, it MAKES ME STRONGER

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

@ready_4_madness: @soldierofel: Personally, I HAVE seen the "It's too deep for you" posts, but for every one of those, there's five ''worst CBM ever" comments. So I say this film gets way too much hate.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, and people need to get over the idea that there is a big conspiracy. Sometimes people just don't like what you like, and that's okay...

I know people say it's the worst movie they ever seen, which is probably an exaggeration, but if they don't like it they don't like it.

I've been told I just didn't get it. Don't give the movie that much credit, it didn't do anything mind bending. There isn't much to get.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By jumpstart55
  • Peoples expectations for BVS were all out of wack.
  • Many People were likely expecting a movie similar to the Avengers in tone(At-least thats the impression they got from the trailers)..But what they got is a film similar to X-men Days of Future Past in tone with nowhere as good a story and far less charm..
  • First Off: Its a Zack Snyder movie..And as such it works on that wavelength, great action shots, masterful cinematography, paper thin story(Watchmen was his best attempt at story but most of that credit goes to Alan Moore), generic dialogue riddled with one liners(BVS ,Watchmen and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole have the best dialogue by far out of any of his films though imho).
  • But what most people were expecting was a all around good movie that could be enjoyed by everybody even the harshest critics and even the most ignorant general movie goer out there in terms of raw comic book knowledge. .
  • But what we got instead was a mediocre film riddled with unwarranted fan service(That only hardcore comic fans would understand)...BvS was the perfect case of quantity over quality ..Did the film have great action, explosions and plenty of comic book Easter eggs? Sure but the film also had a very poor rushed together story..And if the story was good this next crucial fact could have been ultimately over looked..The tone: The tone was so off putting, the thing is since the story was very poor..The tone heavily contrasted with the Superheroes..What i mean by that is: When you got costumed cartoonish Superheroes standing up against a dark and bleak tone with zero humor to resolve tension and a really poor script the utter ridiculousness of the Superheroes really stands out..So the very idea of Superheroes and their movies is questioned..So that causes many people to either straight up attack the genre or scream Superhero fatigue.
  • Many audience members and critics were totally put off by this, They were expecting some fun and humor.. Coupled with the fact that the story was sub-par you get a recipe for utter disappointment..
  • Then their was the lack of a charismatic,charming and visually interesting Superman and a seemingly more violent Batman(Not really the case especially when you compare him to Bale and Keaton but yet again the tone causes you to believe this)
  • And i cant tell you how many times as a hardcore Superman fan i had to defend the character due to the film..Mainly becuase folks will say things like"See thats why Superman is boring as a character..And i,m like no he was just written like absolute shit in that film..And i think thats primarily becuase Zack Snyder has a very poor understanding of the character and probably looks to Doctor Manhattan as his main inspiration for the Superman..Which is pretty stupid considering Doctor Manhattan is a very anti Superman character..lmao And i think deep down Snyder doesent really like Superheroes very much either that or he just has very poor understanding of them..Like i think he understands the Super part but dosent have clue what the Hero part really means.
  • People who defend the film arent wrong as they knew what to untimely expect from the film..Whereas most fans(Or people who just didnt like it) rightfully so were expecting a fun thought provoking 2 hour thrill ride with a great story, a developed Superman and convincing character motivations etc.
  • So in essence the film is certainly over-hated as it wasnt that bad just mediocre/kinda good at best but considered less so becuase of its tone.
  • And i assure you If the film had a much more upbeat tone with the same generic story i guarantee you people wouldn't have been that harsh on the film(Same goes for Man of Steel but to a lesser degree)..And can you really blame them? Snyder in their eye was trying to undo nearly 80s years of what people think it means to be a Superhero..The culture of Superheroes is a long and enduring one..And the fans not just the hardcore comic fans. But also the casual everyday fans that are fans mainly due to the movies,Tv Shows and overarching culture of Superheroes that has permeated through American culture for 80 years..Are a very protective bunch and will react harshly when they think their mythology is being threatened.
Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a little, but it's pretty justified.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've never understood the idea that Snyder films have "paper thin plots". You can say that about a few movies, but that does NOT at all apply to BvS.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.