Just a simple question

• 
ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DC's been dialing it back a bit. So, no. Ask me two years ago and it would be a definite yes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Not now. But, really they(DC) has no choice, but to nut ride Batman. Superman isn't carrying his weight. Also Marvel has better A listers right now IMO. DC needs to do more with their top of the line guys.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, they need to change him into a half black, half Puerto Rican, half Pakistani, half Asian, half woman, half attack helicopter, 17 year old.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Not now. But, really they(DC) has no choice, but to nut ride Batman. Superman isn't carrying his weight. Also Marvel has better A listers right now IMO. DC needs to do more with their top of the line guys.

I agree with this completely. I think it's a trend right now. In a few years another character will be 'overexposed'.

DC's been dialing it back a bit. So, no. Ask me two years ago and it would be a definite yes.

This too.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, they need to change him into a half black, half Puerto Rican, half Pakistani, half Asian, half woman, half attack helicopter, 17 year old.

Yeah but then all the white boys will have their feelings hurt because their representation got dialed down from 98% to 97,9% :'(

And yes, he is overexposed. But then again, he is one of DC's flagships, it is hard not to.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noone1996
zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he's fine. He's as exposed as one of the most popular, well known, and bankable fictional characters should be.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's all well when it comes to comics atm but DC sure rely too much on Batman when it comes to other media (animation, games, toys). They need to develop more characters in other media as well.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

No, he's fine. He's as exposed as one of the most popular, well known, and bankable fictional characters should be.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's batman get it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your mom is over-exposed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the man has all but hijacked the animated films, took over Superman's sequel film, is the only film property DC seems fully committed to in the last 10 years, literally became a god in the comics for a bit and even got shoehorned into Superman's origin book, yeah, I'd say he's overexposed

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nope, an overexposed character is one that gets pushed without showing any tangible or monetary returns, a character that is pushed because he/she is iconic, represents some minority quota or because someone with power and influence wants him/her to succeed. A character that is exposed due to actual demand isn't overexposed.

Cyborg fits the definition of overexposed more than Batman ever did. He's been part of every JL animated movie and will be in the upcoming JL films for virtually no reason, there was never any demand for him to be a JL member,certainly not anymore than that for Starfire or Dick Grayson. The character is about to get a bi-weekly book despite his previous solo book having dismal sales and the upcoming one is the least ordered book alongside Outlaws.However Outlaws has Lobdell and is a monthly book to boot. The character has literally bent every rule and standard to stay in the spot light, THAT'S OVEREXPOSED.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a little

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, an overexposed character is one that gets pushed without showing any tangible or monetary returns, a character that is pushed because he/she is iconic, represents some minority quota or because someone with power and influence wants him/her to succeed. A character that is exposed due to actual demand isn't overexposed.

Cyborg fits the definition of overexposed more than Batman ever did. He's been part of every JL animated movie and will be in the upcoming JL films for virtually no reason, there was never any demand for him to be a JL member,certainly not anymore than that for Starfire or Dick Grayson. The character is about to get a bi-weekly book despite his previous solo book having dismal sales and the upcoming one is the least ordered book alongside Outlaws.However Outlaws has Lobdell and is a monthly book to boot. The character has literally bent every rule and standard to stay in the spot light, THAT'S OVEREXPOSED.

Really interesting what you say here about Cyborg. He's definitely the odd one out in the Justice League although the more I read of him the more I actually like him. To put it into context, I'm planning to read all of the Justice League's individual Rebirth series except for Cyborg and I never even gave it a second thought. He's a pretty cool character though and he has a really good origin story.

As for the question of Batman's over exposure @nicksmi56 said it best. Look at his popularity in cinema at the moment compared with the rest of DC's stable. The Nolan films alone really threw him into the spotlight, and then look at the actors who have appeared in Batman films over the years: Bale, Keaton, Schwarzenegger, Freeman, Caine, Lee-Jones, Carey, De Vito, Basinger, Clooney etc. As far as cinema drawcard Batman has been practically the only character in the spotlight. Yes, a little bit of Superman, but nothing on the same scale. This is why (partly) everyone buys Bat-books and not a great deal else.

Batman was so overexposed in the New 52 it wasn't funny. So many books. Things like Damian dying and it hardly being a footnote in the Snyder book etc. Batman is an awesome concept but for me it all got a bit boring. Too much Gotham city/Batcave/origin story blah blah...

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yes

Flickerblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, people obviously want him so people get him.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Because he's a good character, and deserves more popularity and respect than he has.

But people write him off as "boring" without even judging the cover let alone picking up or reading a book.

If it weren't for the "over exposure" I wouldn't be a fan. Now he's sitting right under Superman for me when it comes to being a straight-up hero.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By GIliad_

Currently no, In the past he did suffer from Wolverine syndrome. Personally I feel that virtually every mainstream flagship feels overexposed but that's purely because my ideal layout would be entirely quality > quantity (as a consumer) and it just feels that there are too many dragged out average runs and not enough fresh and well-crafted stories.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Currently no, In the past he did suffer from Wolverine syndrome.

How far into the past?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: During the new-52 there where times when he just felt like they where throwing the Dark Knight into every story they could even when he didn't belong there.

Gr8n3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every franchise has a finite shelf life, no matter how good it is.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, But probably not as much as Wolverine.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56 said:

It's simple when Wolverine is dead.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PayneInTheAss

Yes

In the past 5 years hes´got

3 different comic series, The Dark Knight Trilogy , the Arkham videogame saga, some animated shows, DCEU, Injustice, Lego Movies, the next Telltale game

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blackagar
No Caption Provided

There is never an overexposure of JUSTICE.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@flumox56 said:

It's simple when Wolverine is dead.

For now.

I was talking as a whole and not just at this moment or resent history (not sure if OP meant as a whole though) I was also including the movies (though again unsure if OP meant comics and film also). Any opportunity they have to wheel him out they take it. If not for money he was going to appear in Deadpool too.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In short yes. Hes everywhere. Hes the most bankable fictional character since Jesus Christ. DC's posterboy in everything. If all else fails bank Batman.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Yes he is without a shadow of a doubt extremely overexposed..And i,m a big Batman fan.
  • Lego Batman is indisputable proof of that fact.
  • Also high jacking Supermans sequel is proof aswell.
righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Support other characters and they won't feel like they have to rely on him so much.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Jgames

No, frankly IDK why they don't more Batman, work so well for BvS, everybody was praising Batman, and oh yeah there was this depression guy call Superman in it, I guess he was supposed to be his rival or something.

Also did you hear about the water being wet.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, there's simply a very blatant and clear demand being met.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlueHope

Kinda but is the demand, is Sherlock Homes too exposed?Romeo and Juliet too exposed?Darth Vader too exposed?

He got a lot of fans so he will get a lot of spotlight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Well that what happens when you shaft one character for Batman(BvS). Also..they didn't give Superman a chance. MOS made more than Batman Begins,and maybe more than Iron-man 1(I forget). Origin stories always drag ass. The test if Superman could carry a movie would have a came with MOS2.

Also,Yes he is overexposed,but I guess that because DC can't get anything but him to stick.

Bardock52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, they need to change him into a half black, half Puerto Rican, half Pakistani, half Asian, half woman, half attack helicopter, 2 year old. LOL,wut?

Bardock52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's overexposed at all.He covers himself head to toe like the modest super hero he is.Batman would fit in perfectly in Saudi Arabia

pp6087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear, Seems like Batman is in every book i pick up in one way or another.

kirijax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kirijax

The over-exposure, Batman-can-do-anything mode has ruined DC Comics for me. If Batman is in it, I have zero interest. DC Comics is doing everything it can to drive me to Marvel.

JoeTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoeTwoFace

Yes, the big four(Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and Wolverine) are all overexposed. Maybe not Wolverine so much anymore, though.