i dont buy that it was always great.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iara

It definitely wasn't always great and in fact it would be hard to point to a time when it was truly great without having very serious flaws at the same time.

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty obvious that it wasn't always great, since it isn't currently, and never really has been.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Necromancer76

America has one of the worst histories. They literally committed a mass genocide. But as of right now, I'd say we're pretty great. We are a highly developed country with a fairly stable economy and a pretty awesome regime (regime =/= government).

I'm kinda biased because I live here.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like some parts more than others..... Love my home city of New Orleans, but the rest of Louisiana can go f*** itself......

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

from an outside look as a Canadian, let's just say I wouldn't want to be moving there any time soon

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America has one of the worst histories. They literally committed a mass genocide. But as of right now, I'd say we're pretty great. We are a highly developed country with a fairly stable economy and a pretty awesome regime (regime =/= government).

I'm kinda biased because I live here.

And japanese concentration camps

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great in which sense? Morally, no. Culturally, it was.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

America has one of the worst histories.

I don't know about that. Every country has skeletons in their closet.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

No, but it beats some of the alternatives.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

This is great:

No Caption Provided

But the country is not.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are no great countries any more. There are no morally great countries, no countries that reach for the stars, none that try to do the impossible, none that aren't self interested... No more great countries. Haven't been for a while. So, no, America is not great. America has more debt than any other country, it has a vastly over priced and over costly health care system, it jails far more of its citizens than any other western first world country, it's too self interested, too uninterested, and as of now, going backwards.

No country has a blame free history, so history has nothing to do with it. Right now, America as a country is really no better than any other developed nation and in many examples and areas of government, lags behind the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc_55 said:

Pretty obvious that it wasn't always great, since it isn't currently, and never really has been.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By just_sayin

America is a great nation. It has a form of government that allows for individuals rights and for people to have a voice in electing its leaders. It has lifted more people out of poverty than any other nation. It has given more to other countries than any other nation. People can come to this country poor and can have the opportunity to move up the economic ladder - many countries do not afford this opportunity.

America has given us the telephone, the airplane, and has given us- numerous new medicines and medical procedures over the last century more than any other. It has given us innovations such as the computer and the internet.

As far as the arts go - no country has done more for the arts whether movies, music or literature. There are more opportunities to excel in America in these areas than anywhere in the world.

Shopping its given us Amazon, Walmart, and Starbucks. Numerous of stores big and small have started in America.

There are those who want to crap on America, but the reality is when side by side with any other country America is exceptional.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It well be great when Canadian winters have temperatures above 10 degrees on average (essentially when hell freeze's over[and canada is not hell i love it])

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: The electoral college is the deciding factor in the presidential election not the people.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010b6e44d6
deactivated-627010b6e44d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When compared to an ideal and imaginary nation, no.

When compared to the vast majority of nations in the past and now, yes.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By seastone98

meh.....its ok

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Meh, it's.....just meh

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is the best in the world, so yeah.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

It well be great when Canadian winters have temperatures above 10 degrees on average (essentially when hell freeze's over[and canada is not hell i love it])

Oklahoma weather is unpredictable

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Eh, I mean is a great opportunity for some immigrant compare to their crappy country I guess.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The world never was great in general, and I doubt if it ever will be.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America was never truly great, each decade they had their fair share of problems.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great:

No Caption Provided

But the country is not.

Captain America is a symbol of America. A symbol's value is linked to what it represents.

Why would you think America isn't great? Why do you think Cubans risk drowning to come here? Why do you think millions of people have over stayed their visas to remain here? Why do you think so many people are willing to cross our boarders to live here illegally, without full citizen rights and are willing to work the lowest paying jobs to remain here? Do they come here because they think we are evil? Or is it just maybe, we are a better place to live than where they came from?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KrleAvenger

@just_sayin: What's your proplem? The country is either a failure or it is corrupted. Name one powerful country that is not corrupted? Even President Trump said America is full of killers. Hell, America is responsible for a huge percent of corruption, death and crisis in the world. I have nothing against America and I have nothing against Americans. People who have problem with the country and call every single citizen of that country (especially civilians) evil corrupted fools is an idiot. It is stupid to think something like that. I never said that. But the people who control the country are responsible for economical crisis and jada jada. They even bombed the capital city of the country my friend lived in 17 years ago. Add to the fact that America civilians themselves are in crisis. How many people have problem finding the job? Money? Life? House?

I have no intention of attacking America. If I do I might as well do it to China, Russia and other powerful country. Thing is, the country is not pure and the fact that it is not pure already means it is not great. There is no such thing and great or beautiful country. Country is either corrupted or it is poor place you only want to leave. So no, Americans are not evil and I never said that. The only people who are evil are corrupted world leaders and politicians and a lot of them are from America.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong. History proves my point. Do you want to debate with history? It is funny because history is written by those who are victorious and even then, it is a common thing to know that the Americas are not actually from America but they moved there and slaughtered everyone who actually lived on that continent which started during 1530 I think.

Fact that I'm planing to move to America and live there is enough to prove how I don't have anything personal against America and even less citizens of America. Still, saying how the country is clear, even less great means someone is either ignorant, biased or delusional.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KrleAvenger

@just_sayin said:

America is a great nation. It has a form of government that allows for individuals rights and for people to have a voice in electing its leaders. It has lifted more people out of poverty than any other nation. It has given more to other countries than any other nation. People can come to this country poor and can have the opportunity to move up the economic ladder - many countries do not afford this opportunity.

America has given us the telephone, the airplane, and has given us- numerous new medicines and medical procedures over the last century more than any other. It has given us innovations such as the computer and the internet.

As far as the arts go - no country has done more for the arts whether movies, music or literature. There are more opportunities to excel in America in these areas than anywhere in the world.

Shopping its given us Amazon, Walmart, and Starbucks. Numerous of stores big and small have started in America.

There are those who want to crap on America, but the reality is when side by side with any other country America is exceptional.

While most of the stuff I agree with, the country is still full of corruption, evil, greed and killers. Think what you want I don't care but come to me and say America is great in my face and I'm gonna show you just how wrong you are. Actually no, I'm not gonna show you anything. You people who love your country with all your heart and delusions are not worth my time. I was debating with my parents since I was a little kid. They were telling me how our country is great. Well it isn't. Go ahead and live with your view and stop wasting my time. Even if America is great it is not any better than other "great" countries. Giving stuff to other countries? LOL they supported the destruction of a lot of countries in Europe and Asia. Guess they are not telling that to their citizens. As expected. At least Trump told everyone America is full of killers. The man has my respect. He is not delusional.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't been great since Kennedy... take that back since we still had segregation... soooo never?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By buttersdaman000

Lol no, never was tbh :/

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, greatest country on earth

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its ok

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Australia is better.

And with that i shall be assassinated

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By just_sayin

@krleavenger said:

@just_sayin: What's your proplem? The country is either a failure or it is corrupted. Name one powerful country that is not corrupted? Even President Trump said America is full of killers. Hell, America is responsible for a huge percent of corruption, death and crisis in the world. I have nothing against America and I have nothing against Americans. People who have problem with the country and call every single citizen of that country (especially civilians) evil corrupted fools is an idiot. It is stupid to think something like that. I never said that. But the people who control the country are responsible for economical crisis and jada jada. They even bombed the capital city of the country my friend lived in 17 years ago. Add to the fact that America civilians themselves are in crisis. How many people have problem finding the job? Money? Life? House?

I have no intention of attacking America. If I do I might as well do it to China, Russia and other powerful country. Thing is, the country is not pure and the fact that it is not pure already means it is not great. There is no such thing and great or beautiful country. Country is either corrupted or it is poor place you only want to leave. So no, Americans are not evil and I never said that. The only people who are evil are corrupted world leaders and politicians and a lot of them are from America.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong. History proves my point. Do you want to debate with history? It is funny because history is written by those who are victorious and even then, it is a common thing to know that the Americas are not actually from America but they moved there and slaughtered everyone who actually lived on that continent which started during 1530 I think.

Fact that I'm planing to move to America and live there is enough to prove how I don't have anything personal against America and even less citizens of America. Still, saying how the country is clear, even less great means someone is either ignorant, biased or delusional.

You are moving to America? Great! I hope you will come to agree with Yakov Smirnoff - "America, What a country!"

And it is to. It may not be the perfect Utopia that .... huh... huh... gee I can't think of any perfect places in the world. Well, it may not be like the perfect place of your imagination where there is no poverty or conflict and where unicorns fart rainbows, yet this is a great land none the less.

American civilians are in crisis - oh my!!!!!! Exactly how did you come to learn of this crisis? Tell me, did a bearded SJW whip out his $800 phone and use his unlimited data plan to text you while exercising his first amendment right of dissent while sipping on a iced, half caff Ristreeo, Venti, 4-pump, sugar-free, cinnamon dolce soy skinny latte from Starbucks? The cost of this beverage being more than the average person in the world makes in a week.

Possibly he emailed you on his IPad while looking for companionship on Tindr? Maybe he FaceTimed you while using his 60 inch TV set? I can only imagine the horror of seeing his home strewn with Chinese and Mexican take out boxes all over his genuine leather couches as he told you of his persecution.

Maybe he was complaining about the election where he was able to go in and do what many wish they could do in the world and cast a secret ballot for the candidate of his choice without fear of being shot and killed. Maybe he told you the unspeakable horrors of trying to find a parking space for his Audi while exercising that right. Maybe he complained of how someone without any political background at all was able to become the president of the United States of America. How dare the US limit someone's freedom to achieve their dreams like this. Maybe he was complaining about how rich the new president is - because a country where people can become rich is a despicable thing. Maybe he was complaining about how he was ALLOWED to protest over the election results. How dare we respect his constitutional rights. My, oh my, its just like a third world dictatorship here.

Hey krlyavenger, in China and Russian there are nuclear missiles in the parades, in some US parades there are women who will show you their boobs if you give them beads. America, What a country!!!!!!!

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SuperGoku17

@krleavenger: Trump cares about making America rich not the environment and he took heatlth care away from us when he got rid of obama care.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mortein

It's relatively great. Has been great since the late19th century.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course. It's the greatest country in the world.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest in the world. But that doesn't necessarily mean great. . . .

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest in the world. But that doesn't necessarily mean great. . . .

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murica solos the world.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

America was never great and it's probably going to get worse over the next few years. There are worse places and better places. We just have terrible priorities and people that can't really tell you why they think it's great.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine to me.

Honestly, none of the presidents since I was alive have affected me outside of discussions and conversation.

I just live life normally.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not by a long shot, but wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It never was, no country is like that and very few have had the monicker of "greatness" (few empires such as Ancient Athens, Ancient Rome, Han China, Macedonia, Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia can claim that title). Is it one of the best we currently have? Yea and the same can be said about Canada, Sweden, Japan etc. America was never great and will likely never be.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ChomP

America is GREAT at School Shootings, Obesity, Homelessness, Lack of a decent Health system, Guns to all, AT superiority complex, invading other countries (mainly for oil but will use any excuse), National Debt, Putting up walls, genocide and slavery.

that being said there are certainly a lot worse countries, I'm from Australia hell we were just as bad when we settled here as CONVICTS, genocide of the natives, never really INVADING other countries but as a part of the commonwealth and allied forces seem to be involved a lot in foreign conflict. but we have a GREAT Health system

i actually like America and cant wait to visit, seems from the outside looking in all in all a decent place to visit. not to sure i would feel safe to live there though (guns). place like Yosemite park, Vegas, colorado, i guess NY, LA (to see lakers), miami looks fun, Hawaii is a must for me, not really keen on the dirty south ( cant get deliverance outta my head), Utah For the skiing and Alaska as well. Washington for the monuments and mate love it there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's plenty wrong with it,and plenty right with it. It's okay... I can't say I want to live anywhere else though.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

No country has ever been great if you can't accept the fact that a nation will always have flaws.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

how can people bitch about the United States' history of slavery being a reason it wasn't great. Slaves have been used in the creation of virtually every nation in history in some form or another, especially every colonial empire, Egypt, Rome and Greece.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is corrupt and whatnot but honestly there are way worst governments.So no not all all good, but far from the worst.

No Caption Provided