iron bat... Does today's batman seem like DC's iron man?

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comic_bruh777

I've always viewed lex Luthor as DC's iron man... That being said so may say the same about Bruce, especially after the Justice buster suit in endgame.

I guess I'm asking

1. if u like where they going with Batman making him more modern and using more tech and

2. If u think Bruce Wayne is more successful with his suits being that he took out half of the league with one suit while tony failed with hulk-buster and thor-buster

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair it was Odin force Thor

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: Why can't it mean that Thor and Hulk are more powerful than anyone on the league?

I mean, Bruce taking out the JL isn't hard, unlike Marvel characters they have very clearly defined weaknesses.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@conner_wolf: Good point, the methods used to take down the members that don't have these specific weaknesses were most questionable.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: while superman has a clearly defined weakness in kryptonite he is still more powerful than Thor or hulk tbh. That BS only happened because we have a jokerized dumbed down and weakened superman who would easily use his speed, flight and intelligence to be able to avoid the Kryptonite and any other attacks from bruce. Same reason why he would beat Thor and hulk individually. As would shazam and Wonder Woman for that matter and Martian Manhunter as well although not currently a member yet

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: Except he's not, Thor is clearly more powerful than Superman, Hulk arguably so.

Superman would never beat Thor or Hulk, both are capable of reacting to those speeds, and none of the characters you listed could beat Thor or Hulk, that's a cute joke.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: it's not though. I'm all for forming your own opinion... But u should check out some forums and try to see things from a different angle other than just a fan. You should find that it is generally accepted that superman > Thor and that superman > hulk and for good reason VERSATILITY!!! Of course there are always people that are thick headed and let their love for a character cloud their judgement it can happen to anyone. And yes Thor can beat superman and hulk can beat superman but the odds are in favor of the man of steel

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always viewed lex Luthor as DC's iron man...

Steel would be a better comparison. Luthor is closer to Doom than he is Stark.

That being said so may say the same about Bruce, especially after the Justice buster suit in endgame.

Bruce has only used power suits in a few showings. It really isn't his MO. However, for Stark it is.

I guess I'm asking

1. if u like where they going with Batman making him more modern and using more tech and

2. If u think Bruce Wayne is more successful with his suits being that he took out half of the league with one suit while tony failed with hulk-buster and thor-buster

To be fair, he fought Odin Force Thor with the Thor-Buster and he held his own, but still lost. He has beaten the Hulk a couple of times with the Hulk-Buster.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk and thor would never land a single hit on superman.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Not trying to change this to a battle board...but No.

Hulk, arguably,

In the crossover Thor hit Superman with Mjolnir, and needed Martian Manhunter to help him fight back

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Not trying to change this to a battle board...but No.

Hulk, arguably,

In the crossover Thor hit Superman with Mjolnir, and needed Martian Manhunter to help him fight back

....you know cross overs arent legit right?

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I've been saying since the first apprence of injustice armor.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: it's not though. I'm all for forming your own opinion... But u should check out some forums and try to see things from a different angle other than just a fan. You should find that it is generally accepted that superman > Thor and that superman > hulk and for good reason VERSATILITY!!! Of course there are always people that are thick headed and let their love for a character cloud their judgement it can happen to anyone. And yes Thor can beat superman and hulk can beat superman but the odds are in favor of the man of steel

Isn't Thor technically more versatile than Superman? Lightning, earth-manipulation, wind-manipulation, weather-manipulation, godblast, portals, force fields... Now he uses most powers less than superman, but Superman basically never overwhelms physically equals with his speed. And Hulk has beaten plenty of opponents with higher versatility, including Gladiator who has the same powers as superman and used quite a lot of versatility during that fight.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Yes he is, and I pointed that out in my PM to him.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/list-of-new-52-batman-special-suits-and-armors-1587518/#65

He seems to use them quite often in the new 52. Check out this thread I found it cool

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By algorhythm511

@comic_bruh777 said:

@algorhythm511: http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/list-of-new-52-batman-special-suits-and-armors-1587518/#65

He seems to use them quite often in the new 52. Check out this thread I found it cool

Wow...I didn't know he had used that many. That is an awesome thread.

It could be the writers at DC saw the success of the recent Ironman and Avenger's movies, so they decided to throw an armor to Batman here and there.

However, it isn't his MO, yet, at least. If he started using power suits in every issue, then I would say, "Yea, he is copying Ironman."

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: I feel like he doesn't have a need for them in every issue, nor will he ever. Isn't his style and isn't realistic or practical for the way he does things minus maybe the stealth suit I could see that one being worn a lot. I feel like it's on a need-to basis when he needs much more durability and strength.

All in all I like what they are doing. Batman is still batman and they are just keeping him up to times by throwing these suits in there every once in a while. It makes sense with the world we live in today and all the money Bruce has at his disposal. Look at Lex! Who is less wealthy btw

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: I feel like he doesn't have a need for them in every issue, nor will he ever. Isn't his style and isn't realistic or practical for the way he does things minus maybe the stealth suit I could see that one being worn a lot. I feel like it's on a need-to basis when he needs much more durability and strength.

All in all I like what they are doing. Batman is still batman and they are just keeping him up to times by throwing these suits in there every once in a while. It makes sense with the world we live in today and all the money Bruce has at his disposal. Look at Lex! Who is less wealthy btw

Absolutely! I always felt, during the Post-Crisis period, he would go into extremely dangerous situations with just standard gear. Like most of the JL battles. I think the suits are a nice way to scale up when needs be.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its fine. it just shows off his brilliance in another field beside just detective work

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did someone really just say Thor/Hulk > Superman and actually mean it?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By stormshadow_x

Sigh. This crap again. Clark and Thor are on the same level. End of discussion. Hulk a little bit under. A fight between Thor and superman could go either way. Clark is faster but Thor has magic on his side . Clark is slightly stronger but but Thor is a better fighter. Etc

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare you compare BatGod to such rubbish?!

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes stomps slowdinson and bulk at the same time.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arkham Knight Batman's armor reminds me of Iron Man and I hate it. I don't like the mechanical Batsuit that moves on it's own and what not.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was announced he would wear one for sometime.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did someone really just say Thor/Hulk > Superman and actually mean it?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: compared too supes he is. Lower then characters like batman or iron fist

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I'm pretty sure Superman knows advanced Kryptonian martial arts and Batman has trained him.

Superman once beat Batman in H2H while Batman was dripping with kryptonite.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: he's still a novice at H2H and prefers brawling. When did Bruce get beat by Clark in h2h? Its PIS unless there was another factor.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/134088/2802691-2269511-29.png

Kryptonite Man possesed and influenced Batman to try and Kill Superman. Supes won via H2H and pressure points.

You can't cry "PIS" at feats just because you don't like them. Give me a Thor feat of H2H, and I'll call it PIS, since Thor typically brawls and flails a hammer around.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Was Bruce at his prime? If so then its pis when its obvious Bruce is Better in hand to hand.

Do you know what pis is? It completely contradicts feats that are shown over and over. Such as Slade playing tug o war with Donna troy or Wonder Woman.

See the difference Thor isn't just a brawler. Hes shown on multiple occasions he's not. If I was at a CPU I'd show them.

I don't even like Thor and I know this. If you can honestly say Clark is on par or above Bruce in H2H skills you no nothing of either.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Were you paying attention? Reread my comment.

I stated Bruce was being possesed by the Kryptonite Man. That's far from his prime.

It doesn't matter how many instances of H2H you can give me of Thor, I can give you 15x more examples of him NOT using his H2H feats.

Feats are feats. I don't believe in PIS.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By stormshadow_x

@_mongul: exactly. So if its hardly Bruce why is it so impressive? So Your actually say death stroke being as strong as WW even when he's shown to be no where on that level any other time.

The same can be said for Superman but Thor stalemating Cap in h2h who's at his prime is more impressive then Clark beating a manipulated bruce

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777 said:

I thought it was announced he would wear one for sometime.

Are you saying that Bruce will be wearing a power suit on a regular basis?

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: yeah I'm wondering the same thing. I think the batman art with him wearing a crazy looking suit was just advertisement for convergence I am not aware of news he would be wearing one full time. Even if it's for a while I'm pretty sure we will always have the non armored batman it is too iconic to be thrown out the window for good

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: yeah. I could see him wearing some type of suit during convergence and during most JL missions. Something between the Hellbat and his standard gear. He probably won't use the Hellbat for now on unless there is a really good reason.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: yeah that would be cool. It is pretty ridiculous to see him physically fighting alongside the JL in certain situations with his standard gear. Hellbat would be cool not gunna lie but I doubt he will use it unless he absolutely has too since it could kill him

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No.

Batman was created to be the best detective in the word. A man that knows something of martial arts and a little bit of science and somehow a good businessman. Not that crazy thing he became.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Superguy1591

Lex Luthor is DC's Doom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

How dare you compare BatGod to such rubbish?!

This, because it's very funny.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've always viewed lex Luthor as DC's iron man... That being said so may say the same about Bruce, especially after the Justice buster suit in endgame.

I guess I'm asking

No.He use tech now and then when ever it seems fit.

Batman always have a plan for Super Heroes.He is that paranoid. He has major trust issues.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: I dont think so. SOMETIMES he needs heavy hitting power. He isn't always wearing the suit so I accept this. Most of the time the suit gets trashed anyway

DirtyHippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is because Iron Man has been a huge success in the theaters. DC is going capitalize on that popularity with their characters. I think power suits are more interesting than flying a plane around in a battle. An aircraft is just to impersonal. So, I would like to see him use a powersuit when he would normally use his jet.

Lex Luthor is DC's Doom w/o the magic.

As for your second question. Iron Man has won a few rounds in the Hulkbuster. Thor had the Odin Force when Tony tried to beat him with the Thor Buster. Almost all of Batman's suits get destroyed.

Claudia2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Claudia2001

iron bat just kicks ass