Interested in reading Invincible? An offer for you!

• 49 results
capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By capuga

So Invincible is my all time favorite comic. I believe if you like super hero comics (or Robert Kirkman's other work) than you will love this book. I would like to see as many people as possible reading this book. One of the worries I've seen from people thinking about getting into the series is wading through 90+ issues of continuity and the money it would take to catch up. So I am going to make an offer to anyone thinking about getting into the series: I will lend you the compendium and following 3 trades and pay the shipping to send them to you. This is the agreement that I would expect for this:

1. This is just a loan. I would expect you to ship them back to me. I plan on using a USPS flat rate medium priority mail box. That would cost you $11.35 to read about 65 issues.

2. You would need to be able to return them to within 3 weeks so that I can send them to the next person on the list. So read quickly.

3. This is for new readers looking to get into the series. I don't want to be sending these out to people that have read most of the series but just haven't gotten around to the last couple of trades, for example. The goal is to hook in people that are not already reading this book.

4. Obviously I would appreciate if the trades were maintained in the condition you receive them.

Of course the goal is that after reading these you will enjoy them, want more, and go out and buy the book from then on out in some form whether it is singles, trades, or hardcovers.

I will also be posting this offer over at other forums so I will send these out on a first come first serve basis while maintaining a list as to who contacts me the earliest. If you are interested just send me a PM or email me at jaqi16@aol.com with your mailing address.

For anyone interested in this series but not interested in this offer, I have a list of available Invincible collected editions put together with a suggestion on quickly and fairly cheaply catching up on the continuity that I can post if you ask.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@capuga: Gosh, that's awfully trusting of you.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By dtschemmel

DO you have enough trust in people for this? Because I may be interested?

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By dtschemmel

I would be willing to ship my spawn number one as something for you to hold onto?

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By capuga

I don't need any collateral. I'm willing to take the risk in an effort to get people into the series. Just send me a message if interested.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@capuga said:

I don't need any collateral. I'm willing to take the risk in an effort to get people into the series. Just send me a message if interested.

wow dude, you are super trusting. Hope you can achieve your goal! I love Invincible and it would be fun to see more people getting into it, since it's awesome

GOOD LUCK!

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By capuga

@Jorgevy said:

@capuga said:

wow dude, you are super trusting. Hope you can achieve your goal! I love Invincible and it would be fun to see more people getting into it, since it's awesome

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks! I've had a few people take me up on this and have made a couple more Invincible fans. And these aren't my only copies - I keep a set of hardcovers for myself to re-read.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By lightsout

Wow, very generous of you dude. I got into Invincible recently and must say I love it too. If I had comic reading friends I'd definitely be recommending it to them all.

wisesonAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wisesonAC

you are a saint. like wow just be careful

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By capuga

@wisesonAC said:

you are a saint. like wow just be careful

Well, hopefully things will go better this time. First time I ran the offer it was for all the 16 trades. They went out and came back twice no problems. Third time out I never saw them again. But I recently ended up with the compendium and some more trades for various reasons and decided I wanted to give this another shot. Maybe I'm just a glutton but I like to have faith in my fellow comic fans. So, seriously, if anyone is interested just sent me a message. This is a sincere offer.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By capuga

So the trades went out and back without a problem. Going out again tomorrow but I don't have anyone on the list after that. So if you're interested in this offer just let me know.

Also, if someone wouldn't mind just giving a reply to this thread so I'm not the last 2 comments. I'd like to periodically bump the thread.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dabee

Could you recommend how to start? I've heard so many good things about it, and really would love to start.

Also bumping.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By capuga

@Dabee said:

Could you recommend how to start? I've heard so many good things about it, and really would love to start.

Also bumping.

Hi , thanks for bumping. Sorry for the late reply. Here's some why's to get caught up on the series (but if you want to give it a try please feel free to take me up on this offer!):

There are currently 101 issues out plus an issue 0 and Invincible Returns 1 (both of which are included in the various collected editions. There are several ways to get these:

- There are 3 huge Library editions. They each contain 2 Ultimate Collections worth of issues. These are extra oversized with a bunch of extras in the back. The 3 volumes will bring you through Invincible Returns 1, which is just before issue 71. They are pricey though, about $75 - $80 each on amazon. About $3.34 an issue.

- There are 7 Ultimate Collections hardcovers. They each contain 2 trades worth of issues. These are oversized and I believe the best value for the money. They also have a bunch of extras in the back. The 7 volumes would get you through issue 78. These are about $25 each on amazon. About $2.19 an issue.

- There is a Compendium edition. It contains the first 8 trades and goes through issue 48. It is not oversized and has no extras. It is a very good value and cheap way to get a chunk of issues. This is about #35 - $40 on amazon. About $.75 an issue.

- There are 17 trades. These have a few extras in the back. These trades go through issue 96. They are about $10 - $14 each on amazon. About $2.10 an issue.

These series is so much more enjoyable if you start from the beginning. Not only is it a great read, but there are plot threads and character development that will mean much more to you if you have the history with the book. But if catching up on all those issues is too much I would recommend the following (much cheaper) way to do it:

- Track down a copy of issue #0. It was a jumping on point / recap issue that was released when the series was in the mid-#20's and gives an early history of the series.

- Pick up a copy of Invincible Returns #1 (this should be much easier to find). This is another jumping on point / recap issue released just after issue #70 an gives some of the more recent history of the series.

- This leads directly into the Viltrumite War which is one of the bigger events in the series and leads into current events. So I wouldn't skip it. I'd pick up trades 14 through 17 which get you up to issue 96. (Alternatively, you could skip ahead from the issues after the Viltrumite War, though you'll probably want to read 78 and 79 which deals with the aftermath, and pick things up at issue 98 to get back into the current story.)

- Then the singles for 97 through 101.

You'd miss some good stuff this way (particularly the Conquest arc that happens just before the Invincible Returns issue) and the events won't have as much impact because you won't have built the attachment and history to the characters but it wouldn't be a bad way to get caught up for fairly cheap.

Or just read the Wikipedia info and jump on with issue 101. :wink:

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dabee

@capuga: Thanks a lot for responding. I think I'm gonna start at the beginning, though. It hasn't been going on since the 1960s like a lot of series, so it shouldn't take me TOO long. (Especially if it's as awesome as I've heard.)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By z3ro180

Dude your hearts in the right place but this is a bad idea like a really bad idea.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By capuga

@Dabee said:

@capuga: Thanks a lot for responding. I think I'm gonna start at the beginning, though. It hasn't been going on since the 1960s like a lot of series, so it shouldn't take me TOO long. (Especially if it's as awesome as I've heard.)

Well, feel free to take me up on this offer. Starting from the beginning doesn't get much cheaper than free. ;)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By longbowhunter

I've been buying and reading the hardcover editions for years. Yeah it's a great comic. Sucks to have to wait a year inbetween readings though. I hope some good hearted individuals take this guy up on his offer.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By capuga

Time for the weekly bump. Offer is still available. I'm expecting the trades back soon and don't have anyone on the list currently so anyone that wants to try this out should get them pretty quick.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By capuga

So the trades came back a 2nd time with no problems. I don't have anyone on the list right now so if you're interested send send me a message or email and I'll get them to you.

And if someone wouldn't mind replying in this thread so I can bump it again in the future I'd appreciate it.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be willing to ship my spawn number one as something for you to hold onto?

I wouldn't trust Slender. You would never see those books ever again lol.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to give this a bump. I should be getting the trades back this week so they'll be available to be shipped out to anyone that wants to give this great series a shot.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trades came back for the 3rd time with no problems. So far so good on this 2nd go around of the offer. So they are ready to go back out to anyone that wants to give this a try. Come on, basically the same cost as the library but delivered to your door!

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@capuga said:

too trustworthy

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@capuga: wow what an awesome thing to do! If your going to be doing this for awhile, I might want to read them some time down the road.

I was thinking of doing to same thing, but with digital comics, send someone a gift of 3 issue of X-O Manowar or TMNT. Or buy vol 1 on another account and let people borrow the account.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@capuga: wow what an awesome thing to do! If your going to be doing this for awhile, I might want to read them some time down the road.

Sure, just let me know. Happy to send them out to you.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@capuga: If I remember too, I'll bump this forum every now and then

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to give this a bump. Got the trades back from their 4th time out. Just sent them to a 5th reader. So anyone interested in trying this out can have them next.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to bump this. Just got them back from the 6th time out with no problem so the trades are ready to go out to anyone that wants to give them a try. And they got sent back to me media mail which only cost about $6 so it's even cheaper to try these out than I thought.

Perhaps someone will give this a bump for me too so I can post again later.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capuga said:
Perhaps someone will give this a bump for me too so I can post again later.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Your faith on your fellow man is admirable. I wish I was this trusting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would never dream of sending a complete stranger my own property in the mail and hope they send it back in good condition, or at all. It's a nice idea, but it'll go wrong eventually.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to bump this again. Trades are still available. Give it a shot!

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CheeseSticks

Oh you've made this thread on CBR if i can remember correctly?

Trust him guys, he's doing the job!

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, that's my thread on CBR as well. Spreading the word. And I see HeckTate removed his post from this thread. HeckTate, I replied to your PM. Comics will be on the way to you tomorrow. Hope you enjoy them!

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By HeckTate

I'm bumping this because I just finished them and dropped them off in the mail. Totally worth the shipping cost to read this way seeing as how each volume would cost you $10-20 and there are 13 represented here. I ended up buying vol 14 before I even finished 13 so I wouldn't have a gap in stories. Great stories, I have a newfound appreciation for Mr Kirkman, and of course, Capuga for offering this.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By capuga

And I received the books back from HeckTate. So they are available again. Anyone interested in trying out this awesome series essentially for free just let me know.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the trades are on their way back once again and available to be sent out. Anyone looking for some awesome holiday reading just let me know and I'll get these sent out to them.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capuga: I think it's really cool that you're doing that. Awesome to see how trustworthy the people on the Vine are too.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By capuga

I have the trades back again and ready to go out to anybody that is looking for some fun holiday reading. Just send me a message.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are a little too trusting..

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really LOVE invincible...and you are even right cause it is one of the best comics i have ever read. How is your little project going?

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

You really LOVE invincible...and you are even right cause it is one of the best comics i have ever read. How is your little project going?

It has been going pretty well. Overall, I've sent the book out about 10 times. I'm pretty sure at least 4 of those people bought the rest of the issues and are ongoing fans now.

And this offer is still open. Anyone that is interested just let me know.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By capuga

Time to give this a bump. I have the comics available for anyone that wants to try the series out

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Nice man. But if I do read Invincible, I want to own it so I can't take this offer. Thanks though. This is great for others.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By legacy6364
No Caption Provided

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

I'll definitely be mentioning you, and your post, in my future Invincible reviews. That way you can get more traffic towards this page! I'm sure this project will work well, you've got an awesome system established!

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 707

#50  Edited By Guru_Crack

wow that is damn decent of you, very trusting also, just started Invincible like last week. Enjoyed volume 1 will wait a few months now and hopefully by 2015 i'll have 5 or 6 volumes.