Initial thought after watching Suicide Squad

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jgames

This is going to sort of be a review, but not really just giving my thought on the movie after watching it. Also that way my crappy and disorganized not review has an excuse.

I had fun. Don't get me wrong it wasn't perfect, but overall unlike BvS theatrical cut, I don't really get the hate, is more similar to X-men apocalypse. Actually it is like X-men Apocalypse, well the villain at least, except lame. Before I get into that let me just list my positive

Positive:

The cast killed it. Everybody (except the villain final battle) was wondeful. Harley Quinn was a fun character that had good interaction, love her fighting style, and manage to be crazy while also being smart. Deadshoot was the grounded character with Will Smith being likable as always, without stealing the spotlight and having some good moment. Amanda Waller play her ruthless character just right, giving off that menacing presence, and being the right kind of unlikable badass that she is. Diablo was my favorite character with a tragic backstory that grip the audience heart, while having the most badass moment in the final fight. The rest was good just not enough screen time (cough Joker).

The comedy was for the most part hit.

The movie flow great, even though the review led me to believe it would move all over the place like BvS theatrical cut. There were only two scene that move weirdly, but aside from that great.

They had a Justice League cameo that was actually good (cough unlike BvS).

You care about the character, and the movie move with great energy that is always engaging.

The ending scene with a certain character was great.

Negative:

The plot is generic and could had been better. I mean you know where it is going, and there only few twist, but even then it goes nowhere.

The motivation felt more like the movie trying to move the plot instead of slowly developing the character.

Needed more time for character development.

First thirty minute was not bad, but it was just explaining the backstory of the character instead. It was done entertainingly I guess, but it could had been done in a smarter way, or if the movie was not a straight up action movie.

The action was okay, aside from one awesome moment from Diablo, it was just okay.

The villain was apocalypse, want to destroy the world or whatever except with a silly voice, and the minion was not that threatening.

So overall I said is similar to X-men apocalypse, just the action was not outstanding, and the villain was not all that great, with a generic plot but the character cast make this movie overall a fun time. Definitely give it a try if you want to watch this movie.

Also I like Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut, if that makes any difference to my opinion.

Also feel free to give your opinion about the film as I do like having discussion.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The plot is generic and could had been better. I mean you know where it is going, and there only few twist, but even then it goes nowhere.

The villain was apocalypse, want to destroy the world or whatever except with a silly voice, and the minion was not that threatening.

If I'm understanding correctly you are saying it's like a MCU movie.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@wbr17 said:

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wbr17 said:

This. Also inb4 MCU Wank.

jcass10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way better than the critic score. While I liked BVS, I understood why it wasn't loved.

This movie didn't deserve anywhere near the hate it received. In my opinion, course.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

This. Also inb4 MCU Wank.

No, you're just a DC fanboy!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

Lol exactly what I was thinking

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17 said:

Lol exactly what I was thinking

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In some way it was trying to be like Guardian of the galaxy, and Ant Man just without the creative fun action scene, plus since they are villain, and not anti-hero, they need more screen time to make sense that they would do the right thing. Also the movie take place in three places really, is not a non stop movie that keeps going. That being it is as fun as those movie, just needed the same comic book feel. The reason why Guardian of the Galaxy and Ant-man final scene with the villain work despite being generic and lame, is because the action scene are a bunch of fun and goes to unexpected places. Unfortunately Suicide Squad was missing it, but again still a fun movie overall.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Jesus Christ, we've had like 5 threads reviewing this movie.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: How about you guys stop comparing the DC universe with Marvel's? That's one of the main problem with the reviews. They have different characters, different origins, different stories. Nothing can be compared.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By jumpstart55

Next time they release a film, don't go to it, the DCEU is dead, bury it, consider a reboot.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jgames

@thearchon: I am not, other people are. In some way I can see what they are talking about. I am only addressing it, but the movie does feel like it's own thing. The only problem I am saying, is that unlike other similar movies, the action scene is not that intriguing along with how the plot moves.

That being said, there are two fun action scene and even the finally was shot in a unique way even though it could had been better. Also again I had fun with the movie overall as the character were great, and the movie was fun overall. Seriously why do people just focus on the negative.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: it's really creative when you steal comments from YouTube, isn't it?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By jumpstart55
@akshsarpanch said:

@jumpstart55: it's really creative when you steal comments from YouTube, isn't it?

lmao..I,m just kidding around..lol.Its just such a catchy phrase...And who said posting on comic vine was supposed be creative? Or reposting something is stealing?..People quote each other and repost memes all the time.Thats what the internet is one big platform of recycled/reposted ideas and this is especially true for recycled jokes.lmao stealing comments on the internet..That makes about as much sense as stealing flyers from a front desk counter..lmao