I'm skipping everything (almost) (DC Comics. Help pls)

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So, after months of trying to catch up in DC, literally still in like July of 2014. I have decided it's never going to happen and I'm just gonna pick up with the current books and go from there. The hope being that eventually it'll all just sort of catch me up organically with the relevant details.

But, there are some things I don't want to skip, mostly the big event things (and big character changing moments), so my question to you all is what in your opinion fall into that category? Here's what I have so far:

• Batman Eternal
  • Batman: Endgame
  • Uprising and Godhead (Green Lantern books)
  • Grayson (and most of the new books that got started relatively recently, including things like Klarion, Starfire, and Lobo)
  • Worlds' End and Futures End
  • Convergence (probably not the tie-ins, just the main story)

And potentially whatever else that started late 2014/early 2015 that I am not aware of because I'm so damn behind.

So anything you guys might add to that?

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gamiz7

dont worry everything will either be explained as you read or nothing you read will make a difference

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman Eternal is good.. it is the prequel for Batman and Robin Eternal

Grayson, you might want to pick up Midnighter.

All the bat books in general are all connected.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah right, Midnighter. That's a good one.

Batman and Robin Eternal, too. Didn't even know that was a thing, now I do. See, I am in such trouble XD

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forget Convergence.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@roboshark: that event was extremely disappointing. DCYou has been solid though.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roboshark: That's what everyone keeps saying. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't morbidly curious at this point...

Out of curiosity though, In case I do decide to skip it, what was the outcome of all that? Wasn't it some weird mash up of multiverses? How did it end?

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't even give you a clear description it's so forgettable. It had potential but unlike Marvel's Secret Wars (which is solid, even some of the tie-ins) the plot went nowhere and had zero effect on characters.