If the Suicide Squad is more successful than BvS what will it be seen as?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If the Suicide Squad is more successful than BvS what will it be seen as? (54 votes)

Accomplishment to David Ayer 31%
Highlights Zack Snyder's failure on BvS 15%
Both 54%

With all the hype the Suicide Squad is currently receiving, if it happens to be more successful than BvS financially and critically received will people(and you) see it as an accomplishment to David Ayer for making a team of B-D listers work or as it highlighting the failure of Zack Synder for struggling with Superman and Batman?

• 
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both probably but many people might think it as Snyder's failure although it should be viewed as Ayer's accomplishment?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, it is a much harder job to direct BvS. Batman and Superman are the most iconic superheroes ever and they both have a lot of movies already. Suicide Squad is a blank slate and is supposed to be a fun movie. Easier than making Batman fight Superman.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Both. The amount of people seeing "Suicide Squad was SUCH a fun movie" will amount to the same people saying "LOL a film about a group of nobodies was more of a fun event film than the first Batman and Superman meet up, LOLOL."

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, both

A testament to Ayers skill, and more cargo to load unto the Snyder hate train

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undeniably both.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think marketing would be the reason. SS marketing has been almost as good as Deadpools.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By jumpstart55

Me personally: Accomplishment to David Ayer..Who knows Suicide Squads success might actually get more on-board the DCEU train and in turn have more people willing to explore the universe and go back in watch all the previous films all the way back to Man of Steel for extra clues and Easter eggs about the universe.

Everybody else: Both...Which imo is utter ridiculous I mean using SS to knock down BVS is like using Guardians of The Galaxy to knock down Avengers: Age of Ultron or Iron-man 2 or 3..And this is coming from a guy who thought the theatrical cut of BVS was meh.

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's not both

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't see it making 800mil.

But let's say it does, it's Ayer's success.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope its one of the best movies of 2016 !

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gracetrack

It'll also be seen as - people are more open-minded when comes to movies that don't involve Batman or Superman being darkened and deconstructed.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

BvS biggest problem imo was that the entire movie was designed around a very shallow plot which hampered the movie to a large degree. The first two hours were really nothing but a build up to a fight between Superman and Batman rather than the fight itself feeling like it was part of a greater story. Even the blowing up of the capitol building didn't really have much impact on what we saw on screen. It was just like something that happened so Supes could emo a bit then we kept moving towards the Bats/Supes showdown. BvS needed more plot to work with. Snyder doesn't deserve all the blame as the director but he does deserve some since he was more or less in charge of the dceu when they planned out the movie. SS is being given more room to make a real movie out of without being hampered by the idiotic self imposed title of BvS.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes, because directors are the ONLY people responsible for films.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

To be honest, it is a much harder job to direct BvS. Batman and Superman are the most iconic superheroes ever and they both have a lot of movies already. Suicide Squad is a blank slate and is supposed to be a fun movie. Easier than making Batman fight Superman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To people who dislike Snyder, the success of Suicide Squad is only going to give them more gas to fuel their hate train. To everyone else, it's just gonna be another successful movie for Ayer and a big win for the DCEU at the right time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, as well as the savior of the DCEU, at least to me

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I liked batman vs superman, and I really have high hopes for the squad. I know it's most likely both but I'm a little sad that BVS is still looked down upon like that despite the extended cut

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Both but I doubt its going to surpass BvS financially regardless of how good it is.