If Sam was to go back to being Falcon, what should be done with him?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

What direction and or development do you think would best benefit the original Falcon's character and prestige?

Should he remain an Avenger or leave?

should he stay close to Cap or remove himself?

Does he need a power/skill/tech increase or not?

Does he need any retcons to his history or increased focus on it?

what kind of villains/supporting cast would you like him to have?

Should he have a love interest? who should she be? Should they incorporate a cartoon love interest such as Scarlet Witch or Tigra?

What should his costume look like? Should it be classic or more like the movies? is there an alternate universe version that he could take cues from?

A Look At Falcon's various costumes from different media

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I think he should be the same, just Falcon again. But that will probably never happen, I just wish he had a new shield, and Steve stuck with the original.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

First off just give him some attention.

Right before he turned into fake Cape he was interesting when he was dealing with SPEAR.

A good costume would help.

Ult and movie versions dispel the idea that Falcon can't be something other than lame. Though don't turn him into that. Just take some elements

What direction and or development do you think would best benefit the original Falcon's character and prestige?

What they're doing now can be good if they tone down the rhetoric. Seriously it's heavy handed and it makes me dislike the book and resent the company.

I like him to leave the Avengers and be a part of a new team and make a name for that team there. You can often get better development that way. Though ugh everything these days has to be Avengers. There not really interested in other creations.

I don't think it has to be a "either or" thing. When you see a Cap stories you know Falcon is in his life. Sometimes he's there and sometimes he's not.

He doesn't need a power upgrade. Though tech wise we've seen some interesting things in the past.

Make it so his wings can protect him from things when he uses it to cover him maybe something offensive also. His mask can have infra red, night vision, and telescope.

You don't want to go to far out there remember though he can fly he's a street leveler. Taking on more grounded characters.

Some here and there.

A mixed cast. Yes you can use some from Cap but also make sure you develop many of his own. Not Misty Knight. Also get rid of that terrible idea they call new Falcon. What drugs were they taking when they thought that up?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he should be the same, just Falcon again. But that will probably never happen, I just wish he had a new shield, and Steve stuck with the original.

Falcon with a physical shield like caps is dumb to me to be honest. Either use his wings or have a low level energy shield belt.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Give him more cool bird powers. Make him stronger(5 tons), claws, no longer needs a suit to fly, sonic call, healing factor(Blade Level), etc...

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Make him gay.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Right before he turned into fake Cape he was interesting when he was dealing with SPEAR.

Ult and movie versions dispel the idea that Falcon can be something other than lame. Though don't turn him into that. Just take some elements

What they're doing now can be good if they tone down the rhetoric. Seriously it's heavy handed and it makes me dislike the book and resent the company.

I like him to leave the Avengers and be a part of a new team and make a name for that team there. You can often get better development that way. Though ugh everything these days has to be Avengers. There not really interested in other creations.

I don't think it has to be a "either or" thing. When you see a Cap stories you know Falcon is in his life. Sometimes he's there and sometimes he's not.

He doesn't need a power upgrade. Though tech wise we've seen some interesting things in the past.

Make it so his wings can protect him from things when he uses it to cover him maybe something offensive also. His mask can have infra red, night vision, and telescope.

You don't want to get to out there remember though he can fly he's a street leveler. Taking on more grounded characters.

Some here and there.

A mixed cast. Yes you can use some from Cap but also make sure you develop many of his own. Not Misty Knight. Also get rid of that terrible idea they call new Falcon. What drugs were they taking when they thought that up?

If I could have said it any better, I wouldn't be quoting this thoughtful person.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Give him more cool bird powers. Make him stronger(5 tons), claws, no longer needs a suit to fly, sonic call, healing factor(Blade Level), etc...

You're one of those that thinks more power means more interesting?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Not always, but in this case...yeah it works for me.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I really like the new shield but it'd be nice for Steve to have his back, The new one just seems more like a fit for Sam too.

@dernman said:

Thank You for such a well thought out post!! I really like what you had to say

Ult and movie versions dispel the idea that Falcon can't be something other than lame. Though don't turn him into that. Just take some elements

Couldnt agree more. I love Falcon's classic look and it would be nice to retain that with some minor changes to make him more effective/unique without it. Hes also a street leveler mostly as you mentioned so he doesn't need a Falcon Sub or anything like that.

I havent read the book yet, could you give me an idea?

I like that idea. hopefully something better than when he led the SHIELD Super Agents though lol

He used to have all of these if im not mistaken. not sure when he used them last though.

You don't want to go to far out there remember though he can fly he's a street leveler. Taking on more grounded characters.

definitely. part of his appeal

Some here and there.

Id personally remove that criminal past/got his powers from the Red Skull stuff they retconned in. id use the original story. maybe restore his status as a mutant.

good idea. On a related note whatever happened to Ian Zola? i also wouldn't mind an Ant-man interaction now and again. It seems like he and Scott were cool in Scott's book. maybe Nighthawk as an enemy? perhaps a dark reflection sort of thing?

@dernman said:
@2cool4fun said:

Falcon with a physical shield like caps is dumb to me to be honest. Either use his wings or have a low level energy shield belt.

yeah, a shield would be kinda unwieldy for Falcon.

@lukehero said:

i think some of that might be a bit too much....especially the flying without a suit bit.

Everyone: I've added a list of Falcon's costumes. be sure to take a look and let me know which you like best and that you think his next should take cues.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill him. Never liked his character and I probably never will. :P

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully some great writer has plans for him.... I know a lot of people hated him being the new Cap, but at least he got some spotlight on him.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd rather him stay Cap, especially since the old Cap is a Nazi now. I want Steve to set up a Wolfenstein-like scenario and Sam has to stop him solo.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gadget wise make him like MCU Falcon minus rockets.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

@wbr17 said:

Gadget wise make him like MCU Falcon minus rockets.

hes pretty much used all the MCU gadgets in the comics at one point or another. except for the rockets,

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain...captain Falcon.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

After the one time there might have been enough interest in him to get his own book was wasted on a book brought down by its hypocrisy he will probably vanish.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better costume, better tech.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falcon has usually been a supporting character for Captain America. To bring him into his own develop a storyline feud with Captain America, develop Falcon's own crew of villains, develop some supporting characters for him, and give him strong storylines. He doesn't need new powers but a new outfit would help.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much.

Falcon doesn't really work well on his own.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I don't really get Falcon. What is he all about? He's got a dark origin story, but so does every other hero. His significance has come from his association with Captain America, including as a sidekick and a successor, an association that is intertwined with a part of Captain America's history that I'm not particularly fond of: crime fighting. Why does Cap care about some punks on the streets of New York City? Doesn't he have bigger fish to fry?

The best improvements upon Falcon's legend in the 21st century have been those made in the MCU. The MCU Falcon is an ex-pararescue man who uses jetpacks and drones instead of wings and birds. Pretty neat, but it also places a greater emphasis on Cap's inherent militaristism. Cap's a soldier, and the company he keeps reflects that in the MCU; he and Falcon are more like brothers in arms.

Even in the MCU, Falcon hasn't really grown as an independent character though. Writers need to decide what he's all about.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change his race and sex. Make Vulture his enemy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Put him on a nice team book

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voloergomalus: MU Falcon uses a pack and Wings just as the MCU version does. The Mcu's pack is actually outdated when compared to the tech Sam has had in the comics. The only thing it does that the comic version can't is shoot missiles.

From what I've gathered on the character, he seems to be a much more "socially motivated" compared to Cap which makes sense given his profession as a social worker. It'd be nice to see him have some relevance outside of being Caps buddy.

@nerevarine_11: why Vulture? Because they both fly?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Nothing. He's honestly had the best Cap run in a very LONG time. I know they'll make steve the main Cap again but at this point they should Pull a Dick Grayson Batman and Bruce wayne as the insider

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one, because he's a walking L and I don't like his character.

No Caption Provided

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should die in Civil War 2.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: As in his character fails to be anything great in my opinion. As much as Marvel tries to improve the character he's still a boring/bad character time, hence he's a walking L as nothing good ever comes fro him.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: yes. I get that you don't like him and why you don't like him. I just don't get what a walking L is from/supposed to be. I'll just Google it.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should keep his Vibranium wings. I thought the redwing drone was an amazing idea.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Yassassin

Like any other low selling solo hero, put him on a team book(or have him popup in Capt books) until he garnishes enough attention/fanfare to justify another solo or wait for a big enough writer an or artist want to explicitly work with him.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points