If MCU Diamondback killed people with his punches..

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Then how come Cap's strikes don't kill people??

No Caption Provided

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Captain America intentionally pulls his punches on humans.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By modernww2fare

@heroup2112 said:

The only time he seemed to hold back was in the boat in Winter Soldier, even then he still sends people flying back

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap holds back unless you're a Nazi or Tony Stark trying to kill your friend.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Batman3000

Cap holds back unless you're a Nazi or Tony Stark trying to kill your friend.

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Uhm, I've always assumed Cap is killing them. If you're a terrorist, Nazi etc., Steve will hit you hard enough to put you down and out. If you die, too bad. Diamondback and Luke are significantly stronger anyway in my opinion.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HeroUp2112

@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

The only time he seemed to hold back was in the boat in Winter Soldier, even then he still sends people flying back

No Caption Provided

If he DIDN'T hold back on normal humans he'd be tearing heads off of people or caving in chests. What @rogueshadow said is true too, he's certainly hitting people hard enough to put them down. He may not be LOOKING to kill them, but he may also not be ready to cry if it happens to kill them either...

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

^ Pretty much.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's fast and brutal and I'm sure for every person he's ever fought from WS to the next movies he's given them broken ribs, fractured skulls, black eyes, bruises everywhere. He won't kill you, but that doesn't mean he'll go easy on you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix has balls.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

I assure you, that guy was killed. The force of that kick can be accurately measured and it was well beyond lethal.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

I assure you, that guy was killed. The force of that kick can be accurately measured and it was well beyond lethal.

Not only that, but he was kicked over the side of the boat. Even if he wasn't dead, he was at least in serious shock...and drowned. ;)

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: LOL! True. The best thing that could have happened to that guy after being kicked was to have died instantly.

There was a video that was made measuring the force generated by Cap's kicks. Pretty fun to watch.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong:

No doubt!

I'll try to find the video, I'd bet it is fun to watch.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always assumed Cap killed a hell of a lot of people in all these fights haha.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong:

No doubt!

I'll try to find the video, I'd bet it is fun to watch.

I found it but can't post it from my phone. It's from Vsauce3 on YouTube.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong:

Ayep...just watched it. Very dead bad guy. lol

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StardustCrusader
@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

What about when Bucky shattered a cinder block on a cops chest knocking him a meter or two back?

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

What about when Bucky shattered a cinder block on a cops chest knocking him a meter or two back?

I can't remember if the cop was wearing body armor or not but he likely would have a very serious case of flail chest if he survived.

Loading Video...

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

Not only that, but he was kicked over the side of the boat. Even if he wasn't dead, he was at least in serious shock...and drowned. ;)

He was still moving his arms as he was in the air

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

Looks more like that was "rag doll" reaction to hitting the side of the rail to me. On the other hand, it was an actor, so who knows? lol

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 juiceboks  Moderator

Who says they don't?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Same reason this didn't kill diamond back:

Loading Video...

And this didn't kill that cop

Loading Video...

Exact physics take a back seat.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because Diamondback is stronger

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

There are several explanations for this. Adrenaline could have been the cause. He may have been dead on impact but like the cat who runs off after being crushed by a car or a deer who runs a mile after having its heart blown open with a rifle, he could have still been dead. It also could have been a death rattle. Dead on impact but motor nerves are still firing. It could have also been that he was killed but it took a few seconds for his brain to cease functioning since a brain can survive up to about 10 seconds after blood stops pumping to it. Finally, it is possible that he survived but simply had a completely crushed chest (flail chest), and struggled in agony for about a minute before finally drowning. Like I said, the best thing that could have happened to that guy was dying instantly because he most certainly died in the water. Even if his body armor was Iron Man level and it survived that kick to the chest (which is highly unlikely), his spine was still shattered upon hitting that railing and he still died. There is no scenario where that guy lives, based on his velocity after being kicked.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:
@erik_soong said:
@modernww2fare said:
@heroup2112 said:

No Caption Provided

There are several explanations for this. Adrenaline could have been the cause. He may have been dead on impact but like the cat who runs off after being crushed by a car or a deer who runs a mile after having its heart blown open with a rifle, he could have still been dead. It also could have been a death rattle. Dead on impact but motor nerves are still firing. It could have also been that he was killed but it took a few seconds for his brain to cease functioning since a brain can survive up to about 10 seconds after blood stops pumping to it. Finally, it is possible that he survived but simply had a completely crushed chest (flail chest), and struggled in agony for about a minute before finally drowning. Like I said, the best thing that could have happened to that guy was dying instantly because he most certainly died in the water. Even if his body armor was Iron Man level and it survived that kick to the chest (which is highly unlikely), his spine was still shattered upon hitting that railing and he still died. There is no scenario where that guy lives, based on his velocity after being kicked.

What about this guy? He survived

No Caption Provided

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare:

Hes not a villain or an antihero. A lot of children go and see these films and Disney doesn't want them to see Cap, one of if not their biggest hero's in the MCU clearly murdering people left and right. Like others have said i think its assumed and pretty clear (by his striking feats toward people and other objects) to the older audience that he does kill people with his strikes but i don't think they want to show it in the same way as say a villain like Diamondback.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What about him? Not every guy Cap hits dies, though it is possible that this guy died eventually. He was kicked in the stomach. None of your abdominal organs are considered vital organs. Plus the velocity that this person had was considerably less than the other villain. Regardless, a ruptured colon would kill you hours, maybe even days later due to sepsis. He could bleed internally over a course of several hours though, which would kill him.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're assuming that these people all survived. Doesn't make sense. Cap is a soldier, in what is essentailly a war. Soldiers kill people. I don't think he has any qualms about them dying, and nothing suggests all of his opponents survive.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

No Caption Provided

What about him? Not every guy Cap hits dies, though it is possible that this guy died eventually. He was kicked in the stomach. None of your abdominal organs are considered vital organs. Plus the velocity that this person had was considerably less than the other villain. Regardless, a ruptured colon would kill you hours, maybe even days later due to sepsis. He could bleed internally over a course of several hours though, which would kill him.

While real world physics says that the people we're discussing says they died, I'd say the people who made the movie were thinking that Captain America doesn't kill on purpose and just made the strikes to look really cool. For instance, in the YouTube video @erik_soong directed me to, physics wise, there's no difference in the velocity of Cap's shield throws between human targets and armored targets (like when the shield gets stuck in armored vehicles.). However, the physics involved say that in all these instances the shield would only deeply bruise a full grown human male's chest (though it'd probably kill them if they were hit in the head.). Difference between movie logic and real logic.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While real world physics says that the people we're discussing says they died, I'd say the people who made the movie were thinking that Captain America doesn't kill on purpose and just made the strikes to look really cool. For instance, in the YouTube video @erik_soong directed me to, physics wise, there's no difference in the velocity of Cap's shield throws between human targets and armored targets (like when the shield gets stuck in armored vehicles.). However, the physics involved say that in all these instances the shield would only deeply bruise a full grown human male's chest (though it'd probably kill them if they were hit in the head.). Difference between movie logic and real logic.

Agreed. It's also possible that Cap's brain was enhanced just like just about every other version of Captain America, and he knows exactly the force that he can get away with, which allows him to one shot when he wants without killing, when it is possible. However, the guy is a soldier. Soldiers don't worry about not killing their opponents. They are sent into situations to contain and neutralize. I am sure that the veterans on this site can confirm that when they go into a red zone, they aren't worried about making sure their enemies are only knocked out. I may be mistaken, but aren't you a vet, Hero? If not, then @granitesoldier is and I am sure he can confirm that unless a mission requires enemies be kept alive, they body them.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By modernww2fare

@erik_soong said:

However, the guy is a soldier. Soldiers don't worry about not killing their opponents. They are sent into situations to contain and neutralize. I am sure that the veterans on this site can confirm that when they go into a red zone, they aren't worried about making sure their enemies are only knocked out. I may be mistaken, but aren't you a vet, Hero? If not, then @granitesoldier is and I am sure he can confirm that unless a mission requires enemies be kept alive, they body them.

But this is the same guy who said:

No Caption Provided

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong:

Yeah, unless otherwise specified the idea is to end the threat the most efficient and final way possible. However, we didn't live in a comic book movie so...lol.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@erik_soong: Your job is to accomplish the mission as quickly and efficiently as possible. Whether it is to liberate a town or take out a HVT or gather intel. You accomplish the mission however is acceptably necessary (i.e. you don't hostage or kill civilians for example) and you neutralize as many threats as possible within the parameters of the mission.

I never wanted to kill anyone because I enjoy it, but you accept it as an outcome in the prosecution if your duties and desire to protect others. But just because you don't want to doesn't mean you hesitate to do so if needed.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FearTheLiving

@modernww2fare: The want doesn't always out weigh the need. In that same movie he was shown killing Hydra so not sure what you're getting at.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because plot the fate of the fodder is often left in question to probably escape an R rating cap has blatantly killed before people so I'd assume most of these guys are dead or mortality wounded/injured.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong said:

However, the guy is a soldier. Soldiers don't worry about not killing their opponents. They are sent into situations to contain and neutralize. I am sure that the veterans on this site can confirm that when they go into a red zone, they aren't worried about making sure their enemies are only knocked out. I may be mistaken, but aren't you a vet, Hero? If not, then @granitesoldier is and I am sure he can confirm that unless a mission requires enemies be kept alive, they body them.

But this is the same guy who said:

No Caption Provided

That doesn't mean that he is unwilling. Granite explained it very well, from a soldier's point of view:

@erik_soong: Your job is to accomplish the mission as quickly and efficiently as possible. Whether it is to liberate a town or take out a HVT or gather intel. You accomplish the mission however is acceptably necessary (i.e. you don't hostage or kill civilians for example) and you neutralize as many threats as possible within the parameters of the mission.

I never wanted to kill anyone because I enjoy it, but you accept it as an outcome in the prosecution if your duties and desire to protect others. But just because you don't want to doesn't mean you hesitate to do so if needed.

Dixy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's as strong as them, but I also this

@gokuss4z said:

Because plot the fate of the fodder is often left in question to probably escape an R rating cap has blatantly killed before people so I'd assume most of these guys are dead or mortality wounded/injured.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By mickey-mouse

I too assumed he's killing people, but since it's PG13 they make it intentionally vauge so kids can watch...

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Caps definitely a murderer, but much like America itself, people generally ignore how many people die at his hands

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe because Cap does not hit as hard as Diamondback?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PG13.