If Arrow could borrow one last Batman villain...

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who should it be?

No Caption Provided

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Condiment King because it would be the final nail in the coffin for this show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane or Two-Face, since these are only two villains Arrow has the budget to pull off without it looking cheesy.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anybody but Joker, Bane or Hugo Strange plz.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PeterParkerJr

I wouldn't mind them taking The Mad Hatter. Doesn't look like he's gonna be in any of the Batman movies anytime soon.

I think it'd be cool to see Arrow having his own "Perchance to Dream" episode.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man-Bat just to see what they can manage on the CW TV show budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, they already did Deadshot. I honestly don't care from here on out, I still wouldn't watch the show lol. Maybe a youtube scene of the "new" villain if out of dire curiosity.

ndisnyjj55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No just no

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condiment King because it would be the final nail in the coffin for this show.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

Give 'em Kite Man. He could be Oliver's greatest foe.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It's a wonder how they still haven't tried putting Black Mask into the show.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It really sucks how the writers would probably even consider using mainstream Batman villains in Arrow. I wouldn't dare put it past them.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormdriven

Calendar Man

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You saw King Shark?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Asylum to put all wannabe Batman Villlians and Wannabes be in there

Avatar image for deactivated-57c8e5ce86e1e
deactivated-57c8e5ce86e1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see two-face to be honest, if Batman-lite took one last villain.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rbt said:
@Penguin-Dust said:

You saw King Shark?

I saw King Shark. It looked like a Ray Harryhausen effect from the 1960's to me. Don't get me wrong, I love Harryhausen's movies, but they are a product of their time and need to be viewed with that understanding. I don't expect ILM quality effects from a CW show, which is why I'm curious to see what a Man-Bat would look like.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides Ra's al Ghul, the Batman villains Arrow has borrowed have never been intrinsically tied down to Batman. For example, I don't see what's wrong with Deadshot being a recurring character. It's not like he has a huge personal connection with Batman, and a rivalry between him and Green Arrow arguably makes more sense since they're the two greatest marksmen in the DC universe. Same with the recent Anarky, he actually served a purpose unique to further the character arc of Thea. This role was unique to him, only a character like that could have fulfilled this role.

Basically what I'm saying is, as long as it fits in with the Green Arrow thematically, I don't mind the show borrowing as many Batman villains as it wants. People wouldn't be mad if Batman villains fought Green Arrow in a comic after all, so I don't understand what makes fanboys so mad when they appear in a TV show. It's not like the show is trying to sell these characters as part of Green Arrow lore and replace Batman altogether and intrinsically tied to Green Arrow through personal rivalries, (except for Anarky's relationship with Thea).

With that said, I say F it, bring on Mr. Freeze!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Stahlflamme

Bane, he can break Arrows back then we can put Felicity in a Robotarrowsuit instead of Azazel and become the new Green Arrow. While we ignore the computerchip that would totally fix a broken spine.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Besides Ra's al Ghul, the Batman villains Arrow has borrowed have never been intrinsically tied down to Batman. For example, I don't see what's wrong with Deadshot being a recurring character. It's not like he has a huge personal connection with Batman, and a rivalry between him and Green Arrow arguably makes more sense since they're the two greatest marksmen in the DC universe. Same with the recent Anarky, he actually served a purpose unique to further the character arc of Thea. This role was unique to him, only a character like that could have fulfilled this role.

Basically what I'm saying is, as long as it fits in with the Green Arrow thematically, I don't mind the show borrowing as many Batman villains as it wants. People wouldn't be mad if Batman villains fought Green Arrow in a comic after all, so I don't understand what makes fanboys so mad when they appear in a TV show. It's not like the show is trying to sell these characters as part of Green Arrow lore and replace Batman altogether and intrinsically tied to Green Arrow through personal rivalries, (except for Anarky's relationship with Thea).

A) Deadshot actually does have a huge personal connection to Batman, he shares none with GA.

B) He wasn't Ollie's rival, he was fodder of the week the one time he met GA and after that was shafted aside to become a Diggle villain.

Fanboys get mad because Arrow either wastes these characters or in Ra's al Ghul's case uses the character as a pretext to lazily ripoff Batman stories. Maybe if they had a shred of originality and good writing they wouldn't have gotten those complaints.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OrangeBat

@nickzambuto said:

1) LOL, what? Deadshot has a huge personal connection with Batman, and saying that him and Green Arrow makes more sense is like saying that Batman and Constantine Drakon make sense because they are two of the greatest martial artists in the DC universe (hell, Drakon and Batman arguably make MORE sense). And rubbish, they absolutely did not have to use Anarky, he shares absolutely zero in common with the comic book version of Anarky. It was basically an original character that they slapped the label of Anarky on to cash in on the Batman factor.

2) Great, so we're just gonna give a pass to lazy writing and shameless attempts to cash in on Batman's popularity, are we? I mean, screw Green Arrow's actual rogues' gallery, nobody gives a crap about them, right? And people would absolutely get mad if a Green Arrow comic threw away it's actual villains and supporting cast in favor of stealing from Batman and other characters, not just using them, but using them POORLY. Arrow is a wannabe Batman show, you'd have to be downright blind to deny it now.

3) No, just no.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Red Claw

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this thread was bad.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo Strange.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

EclipseBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarecrow....

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hush

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hush.

After hearing in 5x09 that Dreamverse Tommy Merlyn has become a doctor, I can't get rid of the idea.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Professor Pyg or Ventriloquist because I just want to see them in live action and I don't watch Gotham.

They need to steal more Teen Titans villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kite Man Hell Yeah