I would like to ask everyone this about Marvel

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

Is anyone really excited for anything that marvel puts out anymore that isn't creator owned like Bendis's Scarlett or Powers. I remember a time when I would get really antsy waiting for the next issue from them, but now it just feels, like they're just not worth it.

These days I am far more excited about the release of a free webcomic that doesn't even have a schedule on the next one and I'm finding I'm reading more Image, Dynamite & Dark horse titles of which there's one I'm waiting for and getting excited about them, but, when I come to reading Marvel, it feels like I want to just get it over with.

Do any of you feel this way these days.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I stopped collecting marvel comics thanks to what they have been putting out lately.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While the stuff that's about to come out with Marvel Now! looks boring to me, I'm really enjoying Old Man Logan and Moon Knight. Also All New Wolverine, Uncanny Inhumans and Punisher have been pretty good for the most part.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still enjoy the daily ASM newspaper strip

I'm also getting more invested in web comics, one of my favourites is "Blue Blood Heroes", a good story despite the fact all the art is done in MS Paint.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel sucks. Buy DC.

And if DC isnt for you. You got Image, Valiant, IDW, and tons of others that need and deserve more money.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was never a Marvel guy to be honest, but some of the stuff they have been putting out is just plain bad, there are some good comics like the Ultimates or Old Man Logan, but for the most part Marvel is pretty terrible at this point, buy DC, Rebirth has been amazing so far, even the ''worst'' issue has been at least readable, or you can try other stuff, I personally love Vertigo, specifically Preacher and American Vampire.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My MARVEL pull list has lessoned and lessoned with each passing year and event they put out. I'm only reading two books, Steve Rogers/Captain America and Invincible Iron Man....and seeing whats happening to Iron Man after Civil War 2, I'll probably will bail out on that book. MARVEL just doesn't put out stuff for an older fan like me to enjoy anymore. Hopefully some day they'll bring back the classic/cornerstone characters we all love and know, and invest creating new characters again

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's problem stems from the fact that they are Owned by Disney. Meaning that those(Joe Quesada) who revived Marvel (from the early 2000's until it got sold to Disney) no longer feel the need to make their writers write good stories anymore. It's like some of them just do not care anymore. Especially since Axel Alfonzo took over the reigns of EiC from JoeQ. One of the reasons that Marvel isn't selling as much as it used is the fact that fans can't talk to the writers with their questions without the fear of them believing that they are giving them story ideas while all they are talking about are the characters. Marvel's official website used to have a forum where the writers and editors would respond to fan related questions. But they have since taken it down. Another thing that a lot of folks do not like is they obsession with renumbering their series by making the comic medium into a TV show. I believe that since Marvel has become a division of Disney, it seems that the folks in charge of Marvel Comics can do no wrong.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I follow the alternate universe Marvel titles, into Old Man Logan currently. I'm not a fan of whats going on currently though.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

I follow the alternate universe Marvel titles, into Old Man Logan currently. I'm not a fan of whats going on currently though.

Unfortunately, Marvel wants to combine everything as one universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

They just care more about the Cinematic Universe now, it has become they main selling point.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision, man! Vision should be the only marvel book in your pull list . I've dropped a total of 8 issues since all new started

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All new marvel is boring expect the new Thanos comic thats coming

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm in the minority cause I've very much look forward to: A-Force, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cap Sam Wilson, Howard the Duck, Moon Knight, Spider-Woman, Silver Surfer, Ultimates, and Vision. I'd say all those series are pretty fantastic and theres plenty more that aren't as great but I wouldn't say they're bad either.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Not all the books are a hit, but overall I'm excited for what Marvel does. I'm enjoying them overall right now and have for the past few years.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read some books but a lot if their gimmicks have pissed me off

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very proud of my Marvel collection (approx 6000+ books), but I'm down to just 2 Marvel titles on my pull list. I had always been mainly a Marvel guy up until the last decade or so. Detective Comics & Batman have been the two titles from DC that I've been reading since the 80's. There have also been sporadic DC titles over the years.

But in terms of loyalty to Marvel, I find it really hard these days to get excited over the lack of quality storytelling being replaced with their forced diversity agenda, political activism and character mantle swapping.

It's almost like Marvel don't believe they can create new diverse characters and then promote them with good character development and well balanced stories. And if they're going to incorporate politics into their stories, it really needs to be done respectfully with equal balance to both sides of the political spectrum.

The inclusion of teenage mantle grabbing hot shots riding on the coat tails of popular established characters is a fairly big deal breaker for me in terms of where I spend my disposable income. Comics aren't as affordable as they used to be, but thank goodness for smaller companies publishing better quality comics.

Add to that the smugness of some of their (so called) writers' behaviours online and their contempt towards fans, and I really don't have much respect for a company that condones that sort of thing.

I like to think that Disney could step in and remove Perlmutter, Alonso, Quesada, Brevoort, Slott, Spencer and Bendis. Maybe they too are part of the problem, but I'm glad they got it right with Kevin Feige and the MCU.

How much healthier would the publishing division be without all the flatulent cronies? Who knows, but I 'm sick of their cheap marketing gimmicks using anger and controversy to divide fans that I couldn't care less if the publishing division filed for bankruptcy again.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@animehunter:

Dr. Strange

Moon Knight

Ultimates

All New Wolverine

Ant-Man

Spider-Man

Black Panther

Capt. Marvel/Alpha Flight

All good books.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Manchine said:

I stopped collecting marvel comics thanks to what they have been putting out lately.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope.

But I'm not a "real" fan or so I've been told

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely Not :) I find myself waiting for the next issue of a story, on interested in new story now more than ever :)

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By vinomonster

No Caption Provided

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel doesn't care about putting out good comic books anymore. They seem confused. It's like they want to make all their characters teenagers with all sorts of races. I loathe Bendis (and that's their go to guy), and I think that since Robert Downey Jr made so many movie goers giggle with his bull*hit portrayal of IM, Marvel has been cursed with shitt*ing on their legacy characters in a major way (The Xmen, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk) .

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: No one is excited for anything bendis os putting out , I'm really looking forward to the upcoming ongoing thanos solo series I must say

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Current Marvel sucks. This is like in 90s. I really start to ask myself will this be longer or as long as shit in 90s.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only read DC now.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the upcoming comics look good, such as the Thanos solo, the Ultimates, return of Richard rider(Nova?), Asgard vs Shiar, Unworthy Thor, Dr Strange sorcerer supreme etc...not all bad

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spider11211

No, Marvel has done almost everything to push me away. I went from 12 Marvel books a month to 0.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to read Obi-Wan and Anakin. That's about it. Maybe read whatever Taskmaster is in, if he isn't shit.

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis has taken the reigns of Marvel and ruined it.

And the only reason he's allowed to do this is because MCU is making so much bank.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I am excited to read every Marvel book I buy. In my opinion, All New All Different Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man and Vision are all great.