Hulk lifting Mjolnir

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skunkstein

Its a simple question really, was that feat PIS, as far as i know... Mjolnir, doesnt technically weight a lot, its just magical, thus for those not worthy it seems impossibly heavy, though its really just an illusion that can only be broken by those who are worthy. Wouldnt that mean that Hulk NO matter how strong he would become would never, ever lift the hammer? If no; in todays comics, is Hulk really more powerful than Thor?

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Razero

He's never lifted it as far as I know.

As for who is more powerful.... if Thor uses his powers smartly he'll win. If he just brawls with Hulk then it's a toss-up.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DocFatalis

I've never seen Hulk lifting Mjolnir, but you are right, it shouldn't happen. Even Thor couldn't lift Mjolnir anymore when Odin decided it would be so.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By YoungJustice

Are you referring to a Loeb Force empowered Rulk.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mettlekm

@YoungJustice said:

Loeb!!!! I guess logically it was zero gravity so he's technically not "lifting" it...

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GodOfMischief

Hulk should never be able to lift it, I'm glad they made it so he couldn't. Though there are many Hulk fanboys out there who probaly think he can lol.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mettlekm said:

@YoungJustice said:

Loeb!!!! I guess logically it was zero gravity so he's technically not "lifting" it...

That's the reason why. In space. the hammer floats.

Also....

When gravity is present, when it's on the ground, the magical enchantment does this to it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueLantern1995 said:

There is only one exception to the "he who is worthy shall possess the power of Thor" and that exception is...those who are stronger than the person who made the enchantment(Odin) can lift it. So hypothetically if the Hulk got so mad that he became more powerful than Odin then he could pick up the hammer. But we all know he would never be able to reach that type of anger level, that would take thousands of yrs...

Oh yeah, or any other magical present that's more magical than Odin and his enchantments. I think Dormammu can lift the hammer when ever he wants too. He created Mjolnir in another universe anyway.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By The_Thunderer

@BlueLantern1995 said:

There is only one exception to the "he who is worthy shall possess the power of Thor" and that exception is...those who are stronger than the person who made the enchantment(Odin) can lift it. So hypothetically if the Hulk got so mad that he became more powerful than Odin then he could pick up the hammer. But we all know he would never be able to reach that type of anger level, that would take thousands of yrs...

No, raw strength =/= > power than Odin.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mettlekm

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Word, i agree with the logic except "where gravity is present".

I'm just not sure why a magic enchantment would be based on gravity... If it's a non-worthy person's force vs an equal magical force, then it would be fixed in any position anyone tried to move it whether or not gravity is present. I'm not sure why gravity is such an essential part of the equation. Except that Loeb had dirty pictures of Queseda's wife...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mettlekm said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Word, i agree with the logic except "where gravity is present".

I'm just not sure why a magic enchantment would be based on gravity... If it's a non-worthy person's force vs an equal magical force, then it would be fixed in any position anyone tried to move it whether or not gravity is present. I'm not sure why gravity is such an essential part of the equation. Except that Loeb had dirty pictures of Queseda's wife...

Ok let me re-phrase that. Gravity of a mass. It has to be on the mass. In the vacuums of space there isn't. Sure gavity is present everywhere, but where there is mass is where the enchantment is affected on.

@guttridgeb said:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/guttridgeb/why-it-is-plausible-that-hulk-could-lift-mjolnir/87-80719/

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@mettlekm said:

@YoungJustice said:

That's the reason why. In space. the hammer floats.

Also....

When gravity is present, when it's on the ground, the magical enchantment does this to it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doesn't really matter how strong you are, you are still pulling against your own strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Rulk over-powered the enchantment because the gravity from Thor would have created the said effect. Hulk has the potential to become incredibly angry and Odin's enchantments have been known to fail, there is another one that is meant to stop Mjolnir from breaking but this has happened anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb: Yeah, but Thor let go of the hammer when he was getting hit by Rulk. When he let go, Rulk held on to it, but that didn't mean he was lifting it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: So? When people have their hand round the hilt while it is on the floor they cannot use it, Rulk was holding the hammer something that wouldn't have been possible if the enchantment couldn't be over-powered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: So? When people have their hand round the hilt while it is on the floor they cannot use it, Rulk was holding the hammer something that wouldn't have been possible if the enchantment couldn't be over-powered.

Anyone can hold the hammer. "Picking it up" is the problem.... In space, however.... Nothing can be 'picked up'.....

Everything floats....

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 8bitGangsta

He did once, but it was pis me thinks. It also has a magic spell by Odin, so I don't think strength matters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Yes but if it is on the ground and they are holding it they cannot use its powers. I realize that in space you cannot really pick up Mjolnir but Rulk did hold it and use its powers suggesting that it was over-powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Yes but if it is on the ground and they are holding it they cannot use its powers. I realize that in space you cannot really pick up Mjolnir but Rulk did hold it and use its powers suggesting that it was over-powered

What do you mean, Rulk used its power? You mean the Lighting Effect when he hit Thor?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I just wanted to post this up, because Iron Man explains really well about the maneuverability of Mjolnir when it is in space.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Iron Man is overpowering the enchantment in that scan because he is moving it. There is gravity in space, everything has gravity as long as it has mass regardless of where it is, weight is subject to gravity acting on it but not mass.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Trodorne

@guttridgeb: Even so in space a human being has more mass than Mjolnir, which means than anyone should still be able to pick it up. just because the hammer is in a solar system does not mean it can't move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trodorne: Not necessarily we don't know the mass or uru so we cannot say that for sure. Regardless, there is gravity so the enchantment should be working. Also, I'm not saying that it wouldn't move under the influence of gravity but Rulk was making it move in the way he wanted it to and using its power.

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I forgot to address this in my other post but yes, I am talking about the lightning. When Thor drops Mjolnir and it strikes the ground there is no lightning so we can assume the lightning is created by someone wielding it.