How would Predators fare in the Star Wars universe? Would they be as formidable as Bounty Hunters and Mandalorians?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By jumpstart55

What do you guys think?

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Slightly less formidable than your Boba Fetts

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predators would be high tier bounty hunters on the ground, they never demonstrated great piloting abilities, so that would be a weak point for them in the SWU.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A predator would be a few steps above most Bounty Hunters. Even without the comic feats a predator is comparably strong, if not stronger, than a wookie. Easily able to rip people a part with their bare hands. They can also keep up with a car with their leaps and are resilient enough to no sell full force punches from physically strong humans. With their gear they can turn invisible at will which is a technology you don't see much in Star Wars, and are excellent hand to hand combatants.

Movie versions of both Predators are better than Fetts and other Mandalorians with better equipment.

Adding Star Wars tech to their own you'd have something monstrous. Lightsaber claws, jetpacks that enable full flight, holographic image projecting items for disguise. They'd be the ultimate bounty hunters, easily capable of dealing with jedi.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi can track sub light speed ships and fight in the supersonic range so I don't see a Predator not getting blitzed by your average Jedi

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They wouldn't likely fare very well against most Jedi, as force sense takes away their element of surprise and force power makes their great strength irrelevant. But given that the same could be said about most bounty hunters in Star Wars, I don't think that's something to hold against them.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@stardance said:

Jedi can track sub light speed ships and fight in the supersonic range so I don't see a Predator not getting blitzed by your average Jedi

Canon Jedi are not nearly that fast, most Knights and Masters would still beat the predators though, but Padawans may lose to them.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

They would surley be competent threats and superior to all bounty hunters save for the likes of Fetts which an elite woulwould slightly above imo

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certainly better then the fetts I'd say stronger invisible bad ass tech to destroy city blocks. I'd rather face all the fetts then one predator. They rip out your spine and skull

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredibly lethal. Get a reputation as Jedi hunters (their culture would demand they go after Sith and Jedi as ultimate challenges) results may vary.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uugieboogie

Damn. A Predator with lord would be dope asf.

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although, you know, reflecting on it, all this would really do is introduce a bigger, meaner, scarier version of the Trandoshans... Don't really bring or add a bunch to the universe.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor-Parker

@metaljimmor said:

A predator would be a few steps above most Bounty Hunters. Even without the comic feats a predator is comparably strong, if not stronger, than a wookie. Easily able to rip people a part with their bare hands. They can also keep up with a car with their leaps and are resilient enough to no sell full force punches from physically strong humans. With their gear they can turn invisible at will which is a technology you don't see much in Star Wars, and are excellent hand to hand combatants.

Movie versions of both Predators are better than Fetts and other Mandalorians with better equipment.

Adding Star Wars tech to their own you'd have something monstrous. Lightsaber claws, jetpacks that enable full flight, holographic image projecting items for disguise. They'd be the ultimate bounty hunters, easily capable of dealing with jedi.

This, minus the Jedi part.

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'd be tough as nails

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardance: If this was the case then Boba Fett wouldn't have killed as many Jedi as he has.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Depends on if you mean canon or Legends. Canon jedi can and have lost against normal bounty hunters with proper gear, so I don't really see why a suped up predator with advanced tech and vastly superior (to normal bounty hunters) physicals wouldn't be just as, if not more effective.

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
johnpeterbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say they would be the same as they are currently, but maybe they could form alliances with some people to let them hunt in their territory.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Depends on if you mean canon or Legends. Canon jedi can and have lost against normal bounty hunters with proper gear, so I don't really see why a suped up predator with advanced tech and vastly superior (to normal bounty hunters) physicals wouldn't be just as, if not more effective.

I´m not really much into Star Wars though, so my opinion on this matter should be taken with a grain of salt.