how to get more Hulk in the MCU

• 64 results
deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I've been thinking about this because the hulk is one of my favorite characters in marvel, and I've come to a realization. if the Hulk can't get a movie because Universal still holds the rights and refuses to make a movie, why not make a VIDEO GAME?

It could be an awesome game, especially since Bruce and the Hulk have apparently reached a Synthesis by the first Avengers.

Maybe set the game in the Savage Lands and make the player go around beating up dinosaurs and monsters. and since Spider-Man in back in the MCU, get Kraven the Hunter to be the villain, who's been using the Savage Lands to hone his hunting skills.

Heck, make the plot similar to that of Most Dangerous Game, where the Hulk crash lands on the Savage Lands and as Bruce Banner, meats with Kraven in his hut. he at first appears to be a nice guy if a bit eccentric, until, while walking, they come across a T-Rex that begins attacking. Kraven begins to attack, but then Bruce turns into the Hulk and fights off the T-Wrex. Kraven is in awe of the monsterous Hulk, and decides that he's going to make the Hulk his next prize. And the game begins of the Hulk vs Kraven

what do you think? any ideas?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's going to be in the next Thor film.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

He's going to be in the next Thor film.

Whoa, really? Awesome

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: yep , rumors have it that there'll be a rematch between thor and hulk

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: ok, while as awesome as that will likely be, what about a legit Hulk-centered story that's about the hulk and his stuff?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By depinhom

@nufious: Huh, interesting

Isn't the next Thor movie focused around Ragnarok and Thor's search for the Infinity Stones? Kind of tough to squeeze Banner in there

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: maybe Thor is the cause of Ragnarok

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I wanna see a Grey Hulk "Joe Fixit" version Film. Would be awesome.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By jumpstart55

We will get enough Hulk in Thor:Ragnarock which has been described as being like a hyper Sci fi fantasy version of a buddy cop film. But i do agree, we definitely need more Hulk as Marvel has been using the Hulk rather sparingly since his film with Edward Norton.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deathbymanga

@jumpstart55: and the problem there is that Edward Norton was perfect to play Bruce Banner: An egotistical genius who's secretly an asshole, but gets so much shit dumped on him on a daily basis and does so much badass goodness in the world we tend to ignore it.

I haven't seen nearly enough of this new guy to know what he's like at all.

Hence why I feel a Video Game is perfect in this situation since I don't think there's any rules against making a Video Game that's in continuity with the MCU and stars the Hulk

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jumpstart55: and the problem there is that Edward Norton was perfect to play Bruce Banner: An egotistical genius who's secretly an asshole, but gets so much shit dumped on him on a daily basis and does so much badass goodness in the world we tend to ignore it.

I haven't seen nearly enough of this new guy to know what he's like at all.

Hence why I feel a Video Game is perfect in this situation since I don't think there's any rules against making a Video Game that's in continuity with the MCU and stars the Hulk

Yea that would be awesome. Hulk besides, Batman,Spider-man,and The X-men has had the best Video Games.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

It's been confirmed Hulk will be in the next Thor movie? I thought that was a rumor the Internet started that was too stupid to be true. Apparently I gave Marvel too much credit.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Hulk game, but I don't care for your Savage Land idea.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been confirmed Hulk will be in the next Thor movie? I thought that was a rumor the Internet started that was too stupid to be true. Apparently I gave Marvel too much credit.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Hulk game, but I don't care for your Savage Land idea.

care to share a better idea?

Maybe pull from the movie and make the villain be a Mr Blue who has become The Leader and has turned Ross into the Red Hulk?

Maybe Planet Hulk?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should re-do Hulk ultimate destruction.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Try a different incarnation; I personally wouldn't mind a Professor or Grey Hulk film.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The regular Green Hulk isn't some mindless rage monster you know. He's his own personality. the problem is, he's a very "young" personality in the movies. In Planet Hulk he's got an average adult human intelligence

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk/Iron Man team-up movie. Villians could be The Leader/AIM/U-Foes.

....won't happen tho :-\

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: what about just a Hulk video game where he fights the Leader?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, to bump this a little, what would be a good way to play this? Hulk's attack pattern is pretty limited to just punches and he doesn't even have much variety when it comes to that. God of War feels like it'd be kool, except that Hulk's got no light attack, he's all heavy.

Hmm, part of what made Hulk's fight in The Incredible Hulk fun was how the Hulk never actually just used his fists. He tore sheets of metal off a tank to use as swords, he split a car in half and used them as boxing gloves. Could be interesting to make some kind of "combat crafting" system where you'd be force to find weapons to do good damage against enemies. Like maybe he's fighting A-Bomb and needs a weapon that can penetrate his armored hide. Or he's fighting Zzzzz and he needs to use something that won't electrocute himself. Or maybe he'll be fighting a T-Rex and he'll need to grab a Stegosaurus and ram it's spikes into a T-Rex and then when the beast roars in pain, he'll leap and tear off the beast's lower jaw and then stab it into the beast's head on top.

Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@deathbymanga: @nufious: @never_give_up: How exactly does Hulk causes Ragnarok? Is there any info about it? Never knew Hulk would be in it but now he causes it. That's something.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound: i didn't even know he was going to be in the movie myself. i made this thread to discuss ways to make a hulk videogame because universal refuses to make a hulk movie

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound: i didn't even know he was going to be in the movie myself. i made this thread to discuss ways to make a hulk videogame because universal refuses to make a hulk movie

It does make sense since Hulk is all about smash and destruction. But it wouldn't hurt just to make one Hulk movie, or at least with a team-up? And Hulk video games should be out there also.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: I personally don't like the idea of Hulk vs Kraven (cause Kraven would die horribly) but a video game wouldn't be bad.

@spectrumunbound IMBD confirmed Mark Ruffalo is in Ragnarok.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: well then, what kind of enemy would you like to see Hulk fight in a video game? Also, considering this is the MCU and Kraven's never been introduced, he could be buffed in someway to be made a serious threat

@spectrumunbound: while it makes sense, like I said above, how do you mechanicalize "Smash" as nothing more than pressing the X button over and over again. It's not like Hulk has something equating to a "Light" attack, and his range of attack is pretty limited also.

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: He does have other combat attacks such as thunderclap or specific power up hand punch. We all know that Hulk has limited powers but it doesn't matter to the destruction lovers. Hulk fans know this of course but anything showing Hulk smashing villians like nothing is fun enough. Boosts up their self-esteem.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrumunbound: but there's a very big difference between a movie and a game. In a movie, we see the Hulk punch his enemies with enough force to send then through buildings. But in a game, there's a lot of work to give that same feeling. Kratos could easily be a Hulk character if this was a movie, him smashing his swords through enemies and everything. But we don't just press the "Smash" button in God of War, we vary between Light and Heavy attacks to combo into massive, earth shattering moments.

The best game I can think of that only has 1 attack button, is the Arkham Games, and even in City, where they more polished the combat from Asylum, batman's variety came from maintaining a combo and swapping between blocking and attacking.

Hulk doesn't "Block". He takes a punch and then dishes one back. He occasionally does shit to topple his enemies, but his noteable feats are inidividual feats of strength that each do 1 thing. His Power Clap created enough wind to extinguish a massive explosion before his killed anyone. His "Smash" was strong enough to split the earth and make an enemy fall over, dropping his weapon on his head. But those are just single moment attacks. Scripted moments to make the hulk badass.

How do you translate that to a video game? Do you create a varied light-medium-heavy combat that Hulk's never really used before? Or do you make the game rhythm based like the Arkham games? Or maybe forgo complex combat and make an Action Plat-former Ala the Donkey Kong 64 games?

SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga I: I seriously don't care how it's made or what moves are going to be on it. I just care of Marvel making an Hulk game using whatsoever means to make the game a success. Or perhaps use the World War Hulk version where he has control. He uses actual weapons, he does know how to "block", and especially has different combat moves. Hulk game = happy hulk fans

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for anyone who's actually inclined to discuss game design to try and figure out how to design a Hulk game?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: idk. Have hulk start out grey and then with some upgrades to his rage meter, durability, strength, jump height, intelligence, regeneration, or battle prowess. Make it an RPG game but balance destruction and free roaming. As Hulk goes for different upgrades he looks more akin to what the player has chosen. He could look like Professor of you go for intelligence, green scar if you go for battle prowess, savage...idk

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Stahlflamme

@deathbymanga: Well, there are always things like grabbing and throwing enemies and obstacles. Granted I can't think of an indepth way like lets say the arkham series to utilize Hulks fighting style. I guess one could always go the way of a more cinematic game, similiar to Asuras Wrath, where a combat system often takes a back seat to insane cinematic sequences controlled by quick time events.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11:an RPG? I'm assuming not a Turn-Based one ala the original Final Fantasy, can you imagine someone starting a Hulk game expecting fast complex action only to get calm and quiet turn-based combat?

Though actually this sorta reminds me of the Bowser portions of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Insight Story. Could even include Banner as the Mario & Luigi element in some kind of DMC dreamscape where he has to battle his own inner demons and childhood abuse while the Hulk wanders around punching powerful monsters.

what do you think @stahlflamme: ??

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: yeah i was just brain storming. I think it could have a definite balance of destruction and have different combat. Maybe not like FF or Elder Scrols, but something within established comic paramaters. Maybe as you level up within zones or hubs, you move to larger areas where if you wanted to, you could cause alot of destruction or quest or something. I'm not sure, I only program games.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: no, it was good. brainstorming is very good no matter the result.

hmm, perhaps make the game where the player as the hulk runs around jumping and climbing and smashing in some generic Donkey Kong 6e style platformer, but if you hit an enemy you enter a Mario & Luigi style reaction-based Turn based combat with the Hulk punching, smashing, clapping, etc. and partway through the game we go to bruce who's trapped in hulk's head and is dealing with his psychological traumas, and as you unlock different stages in the brain you unlock different hulk forms with different attacks. Hulk starts in Hulk mode and can smash all over. Then enter Bruce mode and he falls into Repression mode and we are stuck as Grey Hulk for a bit until Bruce can accept his sin, then once bruce defeats Repression mode, Hulk and Grey Hulk can swap back and forth, with Grey Hulk getting smaller and can talk to people as well as can fight dirty in battle. Each time Bruce enters a new stage of the mind he traps the hulk in that form until Bruce can grow and learn and get out of that level, allowing the hulk to go back and forth between the new form. The game becomes almost a Metroidvania where you need new powers to enter new locations, requiring backtracking, but also includes reaction-turn-based combat in battles and 3D exploration and destruction.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ask Universal to give Marvel the full cinematic rights of the Hulk.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: any additions or followup ideas?

@slayz:look, if you don't care for the topic, then don't talk in a thread about it.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: If you don't want me commenting on your topic, don't post it on a public forum.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: you can never overthink. only the unintelligent assume otherwise.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Slayz

@nerevarine_11: Wow.

Did you get cheeto dust on your keyboard while typing that?