How much money do you think Justice League (2017) will make world wide?

• 81 results
Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Batman3000

Okay there are gonna be three scenarios we'll consider.

1. The movie is great and critics praise it but fans dislike it. (At least 1.1 billion)

2. The movie is critically panned but fans whether Marvel and/or DC. (At least 900 million)

3. The movie is loved by critics and fans alike. (At least 1.4 at the most maybe it'll beat Avengers? I say that cause God knows how many DC fans have been waiting for a JL movie both young and old alike plus JL been around longer than Avengers= more time to build larger fan base along with multiple cartoons and possibly the most iconic/popular characters in pop culture.)

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Less than a billion.

Lack of hype for the heroes.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1.3 billi

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than a billion

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6 JediXMan  Moderator

Depends. I doubt it will beat Avengers, but you never know. I have a hard time seeing it breaking 1b domestically if TFA couldn't do it.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It'll probably get a Billion. BvS managed to get 900 and this is The Justice League movie. Also, the lighter tone for JL will get those complaining, "I want fun in my Superhero movies!" people in the theater and they'll probably love it.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By TheExile285

Less than a billion because of Snyder.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. 600 million probably. If fans don't like it, then it would probably not make as much money

2. Probably 1-1,2 billion dollars

3. 1,4-1,7 billion dollars

It's Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash, and seeing how Snyder listens to his fans now (the UC was amazing, though, and a great movie and story), it will probably be an incredibly entertaining movie as even those who despised BvS said they were optimistic about this movie after the set visit.

If the movie turns out good and both fans and critics love it, then I'm sure that the movie will easily generate Avengers money, if not more considering that the Justice League characters are so much more popular than the Avengers character. For example Batman, Superman (the world's most popular hero), Wonder Woman, Flash (he has generated a lot of fans and hype due to the Grant Gustin Flash series) and perhaps Green Lantern

Also,

Okay there are gonna be three scenarios we'll consider.

1. The movie is great and critics praise it but fans dislike it. (At least 1.1 billion)

2. The movie is critically panned but fans whether Marvel and/or DC. (At least 900 million)

3. The movie is loved by critics and fans alike. (At least 1.4 at the most maybe it'll beat Avengers? I say that cause God knows how many DC fans have been waiting for a JL movie both young and old alike plus JL been around longer than Avengers= more time to build larger fan base along with multiple cartoons and possibly the most iconic/popular characters in pop culture.)

You have no idea, dude. Lmao, absolutely everyone loved the JL cartoon (including me, I've watched all five seasons).

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman fighting Superman is honestly a more appealing idea to the common man than the Justice League.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

800-900 mil just like BvS.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gracetrack

Could easily reach a billion. Even though it was poorly received by critics, and the media narrative quickly became "It's too dark and not fun like Marvel films," BvS was still able to net close to 900 mil worldwide. That's pretty impressive when you stop to think about it.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Too early to tell. Could make $2 billion, could make $700 million. Until footage comes out, and the hype starts rolling, we can't tell for sure.

I know one thing though: WB left $150 million + on the table by not releasing the UC.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

600mil

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Too early to tell. Could make $2 billion, could make $700 million. Until footage comes out, and the hype starts rolling, we can't tell for sure.

I know one thing though: WB left $150 million + on the table by not releasing the UC.

I agree. Even more than that

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.1 billion

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

I agree. Even more than that

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think the novelty of Flash, Cyborg and so on will add as much as people think, they aren't big names, it's Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman that will sell this film. I actually think Batman v Superman had more earning potential than Justice League, because, you know... it's literally a film about Batman fighting Superman... it should have been making twice what it did and then some.

Given that BvS wasn't well received, I'd say it's on the Shoulders of WW and to a lesser degree, SS. We'll have to see how that does, if the general mood (as far as I can tell) stays at where it is now, I'd say we're looking at around $950ish, it's still going to make money by virtue of the names and curiosity.

It's probably going to be the Batfleck solo that will break the bank to be honest.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By never give up

It's probably going to be the Batfleck solo that will break the bank to be honest.

This.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: At an ABSOLUTE least what would you estimate?@silverpool: I think that's really underselling it. Even if the general consensus is that the movie is bad at the absolute least it has to make 85o mil. But the deciding factor could lie on SS and WW renewing faith in the DCEU again. @rogueshadow:I could definetly see Batflecks solo beating all Batman's outings so far.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Funrush

The same as Batman v. Superman.

Justice League doesn't have the same name recognition as Batman and Superman do, so that will cost it some casual viewers, but if it gets good reviews, it might make those back up. This of course, is oversimplified but this is what I'm expecting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can honestly see it making less than BvS. That film really didn't endear itself to the general audience, and it had the three big name heroes in it. I severely doubt adding much less well-loved heroes like Aquaman and Cyborg is gonna hype everyone up unless the marketing team does a loooottttt of heavy lifting

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SilverPool

@batman3000: I think Batman and Superman fighting is a bigger draw for people than the formation of the JL. I don't think it'll make BvS money.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@batman3000: It's making $700 million AT LEAST, and that's assuming BvS left a horrid taste in people's mouths AND that the film is garbage. It's making as much as BvS on opening weekend, however.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Fair. At least JL has the benefit of a set tour from which we've only heard good things about. Not to mention that Grant Gustin is soon going to have a tough contender for best Flash from what we've already heard about Ezra. But it all comes back to what you said it's largely going to depend on trailers on footage to get the hype train going. @silverpool:Yeah but the JL has built up such a noble and loyal fan base of people over 56 years along with the fact that people that weren't born in the 60's still have a connection to the beloved Justice League and JL Unlimited over the years not to mention the big screen debut of fan favorites from the comics like Cyborg The Flash who has the benefit of a TV show to help increase his popularity and even Aquaman who's fans are tired of hearing fish jokes over and over again and see the BA Jason Momoa shut up all the haters and show them Aquaman isn't a joke.Not to mention the set tour.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set

http://collider.com/justice-league-set-visit-video-recap/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like it to do well and be a good film. That's my only wish.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's fair to assume that if WB released the UC the movie would've been much better received and would have pulled in a bigger box office to boot. Who knows if the 3 hour movie would've broken $1 billion, but it would definitely be closer. With Justice League, WB, and even Snyder to some extent seem to have learned from their mistakes. And, the movie will even be lighter than BvS to appease the crowd who didn't appreciate the tone. So, with an arguably shorter movie with less studio interference, a lighter tone, and the novelty of the JL to boot, I think it's fair to say the movie will hit $1 billion at least.

You can't ignore that BvS made a bank off ridiculously bad reviews

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uugieboogie

I don't think the novelty of Flash, Cyborg and so on will add as much as people think, they aren't big names, it's Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman that will sell this film. I actually think Batman v Superman had more earning potential than Justice League, because, you know... it's literally a film about Batman fighting Superman... it should have been making twice what it did and then some.

Given that BvS wasn't well received, I'd say it's on the Shoulders of WW and to a lesser degree, SS. We'll have to see how that does, if the general mood (as far as I can tell) stays at where it is now, I'd say we're looking at around $950ish, it's still going to make money by virtue of the names and curiosity.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change the title to Batman and the Justice League and I'll guarantee it'll make over a billion.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Asgaard

Depends a lot in what was the B v S damage level in Gen Audiences, since it had the capacity to affect negatively other comic book movies like Cap Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse box office performance, and that 8 years after Batman and Robina new take with a new creative team (well received by critics and audiences) Batman Begins only made $374M worldwide in a time period where Spider-Man movies already were doing around $800M, i would say that having the same creative team and not much time to breath, the Justice League movie may have some big appeal problems...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MAZAHS117  Online

Boy was I wrong with BvS. Sooooo....

...I'm gonna guess on the low side under a Bill. Anywhere from $900-$950mill

I'm just going off of the bad reception BvS got, the typical disdain people have for Snyder and these movies don't mirror the MCU to be some factors keeping it from crossing a Bill. That said, since we're talking THE JUSTICE F'N LEAGUE, the fanboys/girls and the usual sweaties will show up in droves for this.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By TheSpoiler

I would guess between $800 million & $1 billion.

It'll do well regardless, but it'll heavily depend on reviews.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Probably somewhere between $600 and $800 million. Theres no chance of a billion unless it gets some seriously good reviews and has a massive tonal change.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@asgaard said:

Depends a lot in what was the B v S damage level in Gen Audiences, since it had the capacity to affect negatively other comic book movies like Cap Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse box office performance, and that 8 years after Batman and Robina new take with a new creative team (well received by critics and audiences) Batman Begins only made $374M worldwide in a time period where Spider-Man movies already were doing around $800M, i would say that having the same creative team and not much time to breath, the Justice League movie may have some big appeal problems...

Or Civil War and X-Men just didn't do good because they just didn't do good...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I won't hazard to guess before seeing a teaser trailer. I need to get an idea of the film's tone. I know they say it will be lighter, but at this point, I need proof.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change the title to Batman and the Justice League and I'll guarantee it'll make over a billion.

Lol

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should pass 1 billion but the world thought the same for BvS (I actually liked BvS) but that didn`t happen.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People were claiming that BvS would make upwards of 2 billion. Look how that turned out. I'll wait and see.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the same as BvS. Even though DoFP was the big team up movie and it was very well received, it didn't get close to a billion because a lot of people were iffy on the franchise up until that point. If they make a truly great and well received DCEU movie, it won't be until the next movie that they break the bank. Look at what IM 1 did for IM 2. Spider-Man 2 for Spider-Man 3. Then on the flipside, Man of Steel did BvS no favors, and BvS will do JL no favors. If Wonder Woman is great, people might be more hyped, but still won't be like Avengers... that was something much more dynamic due to the sheer number of successful franchises that were combining.

A lot of people still don't realize that iconic status doesn't equal box office. If it's good and applicable to someone, then they'll see it. Just because it's JL doesn't mean a lot. The fact people didn't like BvS means much more. Avatar made more than LotR, Harry Potter, Avengers, even Passion of the Christ. At this point, WB is not getting any sympathy votes for recognition of the characters. Make a great movie and people will see it, then lots of people will see the second part.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's look at this. BVS was said to be make over a billion and past TFA money by Snyder fanboys. A sneaky embargo two days before release helped with that. Fortunately word of mouth spread and BVS didn't even pass 900 million. Hell it didn't even pass Spiderman 3. However prior to JL there are 2 DCEU films SS and WW. If those do good JL can do better than BVS even if it's as bad as BVS. Or if it's good. Might make close to a billion in that case. But if SS and WW are divisive trash then JL could be in major trouble. So many factors.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$1B

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. 800 million
  2. 850 million
  3. 920 million
exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard to say, the first trailer could be a good indication but i dont think it will be huge i would asume something called batman vs superman gets more hype worldwide then justice leage i dont know how popular the justice leage is in china for example

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Or Civil War and X-Men just didn't do good because they just didn't do good...

Was not expecting that comment from you... At least you could say that in the current year (animation aside) all the big blockbusters (not only comic book movies) are not performing that well... But there still is the argument that X-Men: Apocalypse numbers (specially in the domestic box office) are very poor... They are franchise regressive not only from DoFP...

It also could be connected with the saturation caused by the close release dates of this year cbm... If indeed this is the most relevant variable next year Wonder Woman and Spider-Man Homecoming could also suffer with it... And Thor Ragnarok reception/performance could be a variable for the Justice League performance...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By deathstroke52

lol guys read the OP

1. 1 Billion

2. 850 Million

3. 1.5 Billion