How does the flash stop time? (TV series)

lankymidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lankymidget

So I have started watching the flash tv show and I don't understand how he can move so fast he stops time but when he runs he tops out at 300mph.

Like the scene where he arrives at a crime scene and no one is moving but he isn't running either.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lankymidget: "Stopping the time" is an indication of his reflexes. He doesn't stop or slow down time. But he sees everything happening in very slow motion. That's how he can react to bullets and stuff.

lankymidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: ah thanks was wondering because I know in the comics he can run near the speed of light but I knew this flash was no where Near that level yet

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly flash is one of my favourite program's atm but his speed is highly inconsistent you just shouldn't look into it much unless you wath a program for feats to use on the battles board....

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't stop time he just perceives the motion of other objects relative to him as much slower. When the camera goes into that slowed down mode we are actually seeing it from Barry's perspective. The same thing happened in Smallville and in the spider-man movies to show how Clark or Peter sees objects in motion and how he is able to move out of their way, basically because bullets are moving much slower to them, they don't even have to be moving for this to work.