How do armor wearing characters like Iron Man get around one major limitation?

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Imagine getting tomato, put it in a small sturdy metal box just about big enough to fit it and throw it against a wall with all the might you can muster about 10 times.

Now instead of a box imagine it was a man inside a metal suit being hurled about. IRL there are limitations for jet speed because of human frailties let alone being smashed against mountains. I get that the suit itself is tough because of make believe material but unlike characters who are super tough under their own power the humans inside are still suppose to be held to roughly normal standards. What characters actually address this issue?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"Bah! Doom laughs at your dumb ass question....

You dare think Doom has any "limitations" with my armor?

Doom can poop in this thing. Do you believe Doom bouncing around would cause Doom harm?

Doom commands you to make me a sandwich!"

No Caption Provided

D.D.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By jumpstart55
  • You raise a brilliant question(We need more threads like this instead of mindless hate threads)...And The force your referring to is G-Forces.
  • And as for why hes not effected?...I have no idea as its never really deeply explained to my knowledge....Using basic understanding Tony should almost always be severely concussed like a Football player tends to get under much less impact and stress...But the fact that he isnt hurt of even remaotely effected is prehaps due to some built in G force suit...In the comics,The skin tight suit he wears before he steps into the armor is definitely a G-Force suit like the one pilots wear...Which seemingly protects him from the massive G-Forces he would endure while flying well beyond sound speed...And given the sophistication of the Iron Man armor i,m going to assume his G-Force suit is somehow just as sophisticated if he remains unaffected by the G-Force while in flight...And in the MCU films he wear a compression shirt, (which sorta resembles an under armor shirt)...The said compression shirt would afford the a similar protection to that of the G suit from the comics..But judging by the way it looks, i,m guessing its more of a fire suit like the ones wore by NASCAR race drivers.
  • With that said: Given the type of damage the Iron Man armor sustians, The G-Force suit and compression shirt would help a little bit...But most of the protection would come from the suit itself..Remember the Iron Man armor is an effective Exoskeleton suit, meaning the body armor would be a self contained protective outer-layer, that somehow is able efficiently adsorb massive G Force acceleration while at the same time dissipating and somehow lessening the impacts of all the massive G force and Kinetic energies....So i think its wrong to think of Tonys armor as just a Can of Armor...Its much more sophisticated then that...Its more closer to a memory foam mattress then a straight up Metal Box
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comics, bro. I'm pretty sure Tony has an inner brace within his suit to protect him and stuff...it's called PLOT

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because plot

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers