xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#101  Edited By xerox_kitty
@cracks said:
" What is the name of the comic book in which Mr. Sinister and Exodus work together?  Also, how much does AOA cost in total? Is it really a volume of four?  "
I don't know about the Sinister/Exodus team-up (unless you're referring to the Messiah CompleX, but that wasn't really them working together). 

Age of Apocalypse lasted for 4 months.  I don't know what back issue comic prices are, but I know you can buy collected trade paperbacks.  There's 4 of those for the original AoA run, and one more for the 'Return to' the AoA 10th year anniversary.  You can find them on Amazon by searching for Age of Apocalypse.
garbonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By garbonzo

@ Kynikos 

Thanks for the list, ill check those out

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Retnex

Quite a long time ago I saw a comic which had many DC characters fighting each other at once. A month later I saw one that was similar to the first, but it had Batman standing over all the dead bodies of the characters. This was before I read comics, so that's all the details I have. 

Whats the name of this comic? (issue # if needed)    
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By InnerVenom123

Did they ever make a trade paperback of any of Venom's miniseries' besides "Lethal Protector"???  
(Excluding "Dark Origin" and anything that involved the year 2003 (Such an awful year for my favorite character))
Avatar image for comic_extremist
Comic Extremist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Comic Extremist
@Blackestnight said:

" I'll try that thanks. I usually use Midtown comics (cause I live on the East Coast) or comic kings, or atlas comics. But ill try comic megastore.  I am wondering if SIC #6 even came out. "

I just received The Amazing Spider-Man #30 from comic megastore as an early Christmas gift to myself!  It came in great condition and I'm extremely picky.  They give good descriptions of the older comics on the site. Might just send this one out to be CGCed.  I haven't tried comic kings, but I had decent luck with Midtown Comics. The wife and I went to Manhattan for vacation and Midtown Comics is quite an attraction.  

SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By SuperGamera
@likalaruku said:
"You know Marvel Zombies? Does DC have an equivelent of that? I wanna see a Zombie Batman! "

it called blackest night
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#107  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm looking for these stories:

1. What is the main comic, if there is one, concerning the Heart of the Universe? (Marvel)
2. Where can I get good background information on Final Crisis? (DC)
3. What are good "cosmic" series that feature powerful cosmic beings? I've read and enjoy things like Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinity Gauntlet, and Annihilation (I hated Conquest, though) (Marvel and DC) 
4. What comic shows Thor with the Odinforce and shows his and Asgard's "death." (Marvel)

Thanks.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By uncanny89

hi, 

is the storyline with the death og the hellions anygood?  

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:

"  1. What is the main comic, if there is one, concerning the Heart of the Universe? (Marvel) "

Marvel: The End.

3. What are good "cosmic" series that feature powerful cosmic beings? I've read and enjoy things like Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinity Gauntlet, and Annihilation (I hated Conquest, though) (Marvel and DC)

You mean regular series, or just events? You may enjoy the current Green Lantern series, since it ties-in and is in many ways the centre of Blackest Night. Sinestro Corps War also fits the qualifications you named. 

4. What comic shows Thor with the Odinforce and shows his and Asgard's "death." (Marvel)

You mean the ignition of Ragnarok? That happened in Thor volume 2, in the late issues, in the reign of Thor as King of Asgard, even though I have not read them as of yet.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By xerox_kitty
@uncanny89 said:
"hi, 

is the storyline with the death og the hellions anygood?  "

The original Hellions?  When Bishop was chasing Fitzroy from the future?  Not the best story ever told, but the emphasis was on creating another muscle bound gun-toting super hero for the 1990's.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@xerox-kitty said:
"  Not the best story ever told, but the emphasis was on creating another muscle bound gun-toting super hero for the 1990's. "
And a mullet. That was the coolest thing ever.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:

"  1. What is the main comic, if there is one, concerning the Heart of the Universe? (Marvel) "

Marvel: The End.

You mean regular series, or just events? You may enjoy the current Green Lantern series, since it ties-in and is in many ways the centre of Blackest Night. Sinestro Corps War also fits the qualifications you named. 

You mean the ignition of Ragnarok? That happened in Thor volume 2, in the late issues, in the reign of Thor as King of Asgard, even though I have not read them as of yet. "
1. Ah, thanks. Is that story an alternate reality?

3. I've read Sinestro Corps War (great series) and I'm currently following both GL and Blackest Night.

4. Thanks. Is it just vol. 2?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@JediXMan said:

" 1. Ah, thanks. Is that story an alternate reality?  "

No, it is canon to the mainstream (Earth 616) reality. Thanos himself mentioned events from Marvel: the End, in his own series.

3. I've read Sinestro Corps War (great series) and I'm currently following both GL and Blackest Night.  

That's good. Two good, and relatively short cosmic series are Silver Surfer: Requiem, and In Thy Name.

Thor retained the Odin Force in volume 3, as well, but the requested course of events occurred in volume 2, so yes.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
"  

@JediXMan said:

" 1. Ah, thanks. Is that story an alternate reality?  "

No, it is canon to the mainstream (Earth 616) reality. Thanos himself mentioned events from Marvel: the End, in his own series.

That's good. Two good, and relatively short cosmic series are Silver Surfer: Requiem, and In Thy Name.

Thor retained the Odin Force in volume 3, as well, but the requested course of events occurred in volume 2, so yes. "
Ah. I don't know why I thought it wasn't canon. In that case I'll definitely check it out.

Read both. Requiem was good, but I didn't like In Thy Name. I thought it was disappointing.

Ok, good. I assume if I read vol. 1 I'd get a little background? Should I read all three volumes?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:

" Read both. Requiem was good, but I didn't like In Thy Name. I thought it was disappointing.

Sorry to hear it, I found them both quite pleasant.

Ok, good. I assume if I read vol. 1 I'd get a little background? Should I read all three volumes?  

There is no need to read volume 1, if Ragnarok is your main point of interest. Thor's reign as King of Asgard (Thor volume 2 # 39-85) should be sufficient to give you a view of things, and if you want more, you can read the entire volume 2.

That's not to say that you would not benefit from reading volume 1, but it's over 350 issues.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

So I don't need vol. 1? Would I get enough background out of vol. 2 and 3? (and how many issues is that?)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   So I don't need vol. 1? Would I get enough background out of vol. 2 and 3? (and how many issues is that?) "
If you read volume 2 from the start, I doubt you will have great difficulties. Volume 2 is 85 issues, and Volume 3 is 18 issues, thus far.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

Sounds expensive. Is vol. 2 broken up into multiple TPBs?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Sounds expensive. Is vol. 2 broken up into multiple TPBs? "
I have not really checked.
Moony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Moony

I started getting into Batman. So far i've ordered Return of The Dark Knight and i'm thinking about buying Batman Year One. Is it worth it? I do know some stuff about Batman. 

Also, any good Deadpool TPBs?

Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bearded Justice
@Moony said:
"I started getting into Batman. So far i've ordered Return of The Dark Knight and i'm thinking about buying Batman Year One. Is it worth it? I do know some stuff about Batman.  Also, any good Deadpool TPBs? "

Yeah, Year One is good for his origins.  I personally suggest, Batman: Hush.  You really can't go wrong with it.  It's got most of the main villains... and Jim Lee as artist! 
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By xerox_kitty
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Is the batgirl series worth checking out

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By xerox_kitty
@reaper2923: Check out Babs' & G-Man's review on Batgirl #6.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By xerox_kitty

@cymrich said:

"I posted this in another forum but so far nobody seems to know what I'm talking about so I thought I'd try here too.  To be clear, I know DC has a series by that name and it is not the one I am refering to. 

somewhere between 1990 and 1996 there was a short series that I had thought was named the Human Target... and I also thought it was done by Marvel.  The one I am talking about was not the one you find if you search for human target, and not the one the new TV show is based on as near as I can tell. 

In this one, the main character was a superior in hand to hand combat to the point of being nearly super human.  He wore a black t-shirt with a white bullseye on it.  He was normally with his master, an old chinese looking man whos teachings went something like "conquer through surrender" (I remember a pool scene in one part where the master was swimming so fast he didn't get wet and the main character was trying to figure out how he did it).  I'm pretty sure I have the term he used wrong but it was similar.

In one of the issues the main character had some time away from his master and decided he was going to eat a hamburge, apparently for the first time in a very long time.  He took one bite and fell over unconcious.  The doctors determined he was in such peak physical perfection that the fat and salt content of the burger screwed up his system or something like that... they told that to his master... when he woke up his master changed it to be some assassination attempt on him with voodoo salt on his burger...

anyway... other than him doing a lot of pushups with his index fingers while balancing upside down on them I don't remember a whole lot more. 

I can't find it at all by searching for the human target (the flood of info on the new tv show doesn't help)... so maybe I have the name wrong?  Anybody know what the one I am talking about is? 

"

Can anyone help with this request, please!
uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By uncanny89
@xerox-kitty:
o right so it mainly focuses on Bishop then... 

I was going to try and find them so that i could read more about the reasons emma left the Hellfire Club and its my understanding that she was starting to leave around this time. am i right?
Braintickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Braintickles
@Precise said:

" Red L.A.M.P. said:

"Hey everyone, tell us what ONLINE stores you shop for comic books!  As you list them, we'll add them to G-Man's first post in this thread."

Do Dutch stores count? xP "
Im very interested in some of those links, I'm familiar with two, topnotch stores atm, but I crave for more! ^^

Dutch Links: 
http://comicasa.nl/
http://www.vandalcomx.com/ 

Both of them just great sites, and great help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Penance been in any comics lately?

Avatar image for maddy_nutzkovitch
maddy nutzkovitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi! Not much to go on for, but I'd appreciate if you'd show me direction to look further. Here's what I remember - it was an "3in1" issue, and I only remember 1st and 3rd parts of it. There were no superheroes or superpowers involved. 1st one was about how some bad guys decided to crash a plane into a skyscraper and knocking it's upper half sideways (horizontaly) onto another building and the main character was stuck into those upper floors while the building was horizontal and had to fight "baddies" (might have been some kind of mercenaries) with regular (modern day) guns while managing to find an exit of some kind and adjust to the new setting where walls now were floors and ceilings etc. That's pretty much what I recall of the 1st part :( 3rd one had some kind of Space Marine squad (might have been a rescue party) landing on some planet (somehow I think it was Mars, because all the art was done in pretty red tones) and looking for either other space marines or some kind of alien secret or something, but the story ended on a cliffhanger with one of their guys starting to shoot his own... As I said, this is really vague memory, but I do remember that all of the drawing artistic style was ermm... "realistic" or modern day looking", not at all cartoonish or childish. And for some reason I think it was called TRI**** something :) (definitely not TRIGUN). It was around the time first Disney comics entered here in Latvia during the 90's after Soviet Union's collapse, so I'm sure it was a western comic. I've been trying to google this one every couple of years for a while now, but it has been specifically difficult after 9/11 :( It's just been bugging me for years and I can't seem to let it go, as it often happens with weird childhood memories :D So, any suggestions ?
Avatar image for bluefreak978_gmail_com
Bluefreak978@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Bluefreak978@

which comic is this pic of Crimson Fox from?

No Caption Provided
zombiebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By zombiebunny

actually im trying to start reading darkness and im not shure what series to get started in

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Edamame: Volume 2.  Volume 1 was very much a comic of the times (i.e. big guns, bigger muscles, and lots of 1990's pouches) so it's still good... but very dated.
Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Bearded Justice

Does anyone know what issue this is in?

zombiebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By zombiebunny

is red sonja any good?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'd like to know what issues concern the following:

1. Good Spectre stories, such as origins and the like.
2. When Doom learns the mystic arts.
3. How many Ultimates titles are there? And are any of them good?
4. What are some good X-Men stories? 

Thanks.

WildCrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By WildCrawler

@JediXMan said:

"3. How many Ultimates titles are there? And are any of them good?"

Check out Ultimates 1 and 2, also the early Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men is awesome.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@WildCrawler said:
"

@JediXMan said:

"3. How many Ultimates titles are there? And are any of them good?"

Check out Ultimates 1 and 2, also the early Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men is awesome.

"
Cool. How good are Ultimates 1 and 2? Spider-Man seems interesting. I loved Ultimate X-Men until around #70.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Atom and Hawkman series going to continue?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#142  Edited By danhimself
@reaper2923 said:
" Is that Atom and Hawkman series going to continue? "
no it was a Blackest Night resurrection title

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
" @reaper2923 said:
" Is that Atom and Hawkman series going to continue? "
no it was a Blackest Night resurrection title "

Sigh no respect for Hawkman
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#144  Edited By harleyquinn12

Anyone have any good Kitty Pryde or Deadpool books?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By G Bird

Anybody have a list of all the issues that Vermin appears in? I know he's mostly in Spider Man, but I have his first appearance issue (Captain America #272) also. I'm trying to collect every issue Vermin is in.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#146  Edited By umbrafeline

im looking for excalibur volume 1 #125 i know www.mycomicshop.com has it but sometimes they dont
Avatar image for breakingthefourthwall
BreakingTheFourthWall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I like reading Deadpool and I would like to purchase some trade paperbacks, but I need to do a little research first because I'm on a budget and would like to make sure I'm getting the most for my money. Any help and suggestions would be awesome. Here's a couple things I like/dislike, so it's clear which ones I'd enjoy: 

- I like Deadpool's sarcasm, his sense of humor and his breaking the fourth wall.  
- I haven't read enough Deadpool to know this for sure, but I think I would like a little seriousness thrown in once in a while so he doesn't seem like an empty character. I read one (don't know which one), where he talked about Weapon X and cancer and it was really sad, but showed that there was more to him.
- I really enjoyed "Deadpool vs. the Marvel Universe" 
- I also liked "Deadpool: Secret Invasion" 
- I do not like it when he talks about dirty magazines, etc. 
- I read "Cable and Deadpool: If Looks Could Kill." I didn't really find that one all that funny.  
- Never been too big a fan of anything zombie.

Hope someone can help me find some awesome Deadpool stuff. 
Thanks in advance. 

Charlie    
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I don't know if this is the right thread, but...

I'm looking for a comic I borrowed from a library. It was a TPB, I think. It involved a series of fights with a creature (in hindsight, I believe it was Parallax - but I wasn't much of a comic fan at the time). Hal fought it with the Justice League, Alan Scott fought it with the JSA, and finally Kyle fought it. Alan says that Kyle was the only one to defeat it, and it ends with Kyle and Alan standing around a statue and Kyle mentions that Hal was the first to beat it.

I really want to know what that was. I remember liking it at the time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Anyone?

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#150  Edited By likalaruku

I want to know what issue this image was from & who the artist is :D     
http://www.comicvine.com/gambit/29-1499/all-images/108-216087/gambit603/105-1103937/