Green Lantern and Star Trek Crossover Announced!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Press Release

San Diego, CA (April 4, 2015) – IDW Publishing, CBS Consumer Products and DC Entertainment announced today that they will boldly go where no one has gone before…in brightest day, in blackest night. Two iconic franchises will meet this summer in a legendary crossover event with the release of a six-part comic book miniseries, STAR TREK/GREEN LANTERN: THE SPECTRUM WAR. Both Star Trek and Green Lantern are known for their strong cast of interstellar characters and when they come together for the first time this July, fans new and old are sure to experience a galaxy-sized thrill.

STAR TREK/GREEN LANTERN: THE SPECTRUM WAR is six-part monthly mini-series and will be written by veteran Star Trek comic writer Mike Johnson with interior art by Angel Hernandez (INFINITE CRISIS: FIGHT FOR THE MULTIVERSE, ARROW). STAR TREK/GREEN LANTERN: THE SPECTRUM WAR #1 will be available in stores and online in July, boasting covers from Gabriel Rodriguez,Francesco Francavilla,Elsa Charretier, and Garry Brown. Following issues will feature covers from an amazing lineup that includes Declan Shalvey, Marc Laming, and more!

“We’ve looked forward to bringing these two iconic universes together for a long time,” said Greg Goldstein, IDW President and COO. “Star Trek and Green Lantern both share so many of the same science-fiction adventure themes and ideals, that a galaxy-spanning crossover like this is simply…logical.”

“Green Lantern is one of the most popular, storied characters in the history of comic books and a modern DC Comics icon.

An entire universe of Green Lanterns and other supporting characters have grown out from his original adventures in the 1940’s, and this series really showcases the intergalactic scope of the franchise,” said Bob Harras, Editor-in-Chief of DC Comics.

A pop culture mainstay for almost 50 years, Star Trek's fan base continues to grow exponentially with the new feature films in 2009 and 2013. Now all Star Trek fans can watch their favorite U.S.S. Enterprise crew members meet Hal Jordan and the entire Green Lantern Corps in an adventure that spans space, time and all the colors of the spectrum. Set in Star Trek’s 23rd Century, the balance of the universe will be tested when the Green Lantern Corps’ Power Rings come into the possession of certain Star Trek characters while a dark and powerful evil looms around every corner. Only the combined power of the Green Lantern Corp and the Federation stand any chance of stopping those who worship evil’s might.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EdenFesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Super rad.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting, but it's not the GL crossover I'd most want to see.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lame

EdenFesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EdenFesa

@arturocalakayvee:

Well I guess its mostly cuz I don't care much for Star Trek. And also I think DC knows Marvel is gonna have a StarWars MCU crossover at some point and is just trying to say "hey! we're still here!"

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hell ya!

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh..

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If I liked Star Trek more, I'd care. But right now...eh.

Cool idea though, I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Sounds interesting

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I liked Star Trek more, I'd care. But right now...eh.

Cool idea though, I suppose.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As much as I like the two franchises, they don't mix together, tbh

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Darling_Luna

While it's cool that it's like the first DC other company cross over in a long while. Why oh why is it not Wonder woman you know that other member of the Big three ?

Has she ever had one ?

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By derekvang

Meh, not much of a Trekkie but what I think would be really super rad is if DC had crossover with Mortal Kombat since now that MK is being published by DC Comics

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers