Greatest Spiderman storyline?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tell us which Spiderman comicbook storyline you consider the greatest of all time and why.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Transformers1024

Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis. Gotta take the cheap route and just go with a complete run. It builds off each arc so well.

Outside of the cheap answer maybe Kravens Last Hunt? Black Alien Saga? The Other? Death of Gwen Stacey? Too many great stories to choose from. Tombstone by Conway?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: What about Marvel Knight Spider-Man by Mark Millar? That's my favorite.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I was thinking of listing that but it takes some darker routes that I didn't want to get any backlash on. Peter finding May buried in a coffin and all seems like a controversial pick. But a damn good pick nonetheless and one of my favorite Goblin stories out there for sure. Also Millar was the one who tried to make Aunt May Peters mother IIRC in one of his miniseries so I always go back to that and ask myself how much he understands the Spider-Man mythos.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024:

Yeah, that one was weird, but I think he wanted it to be a satire... a satire that didn't work that well. And as a story in the Marvel mainstream U, it wouldn't work as May and Ben are much older than Peter's parents.

Sure, MK Spiderman had some dark turns, but Peter saves May from the coffin. It would TRULY be dark if she died like that. And I always think of it as the story that established what kind of man Osborn is:

And MJ with a gun feels so right. It's in her character to actually make sure that she can defend herself. MJ and Lois Lane are probably the best super-wives in comics.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Transformers1024

@waezi2 said:

@transformers1024:

Yeah, that one was weird, but I think he wanted it to be a satire... a satire that didn't work that well. And as a story in the Marvel mainstream U, it wouldn't work as May and Ben are much older than Peter's parents.

Sure, MK Spiderman had some dark turns, but Peter saves May from the coffin. It would TRULY be dark if she died like that. And I always think of it as the story that established what kind of man Osborn is:

And MJ with a gun feels so right. It's in her character to actually make sure that she can defend herself. MJ and Lois Lane are probably the best super-wives in comics.

Putting it into the spotlight of satire is interestin, never put in into that perspective before. Might reread those issues on the Unlimited app later and see if it puts it into a new light for me.

A lot of MK Spider-Man was pretty dark stuff but the thing that impressed me most is how much of that story was in character. It didn't show Peter being pushed over the edge and going on some sort of murderpus rampage or resorting to the symbiote. He stayed within his boundaries and built up to a climactic resolution with Notman. Been a couple years since I read it but I recent bought the trade off Amazon. Might read it when I get off work tonight.

If if you like Millars run, id suggest checking out McFarlanes stuff.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The wedding issue

Kraven's Last Hunt

Grim Hunt

Mark Miller's run

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: McFarlane wrote the first Venom story, right? I'm going to a comic convention next month, so I will see if I can find any of his stuff there.

And you shouldn't bother re-reading Trouble, not worth the effort. If anything, check out the Linkara reviews. Here is part 1; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ig5H_Erw04

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By seastone98
No Caption Provided

trololololo!!!!!!!!!..............................

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This one

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wedding issue

I have that one translated to Danish. One of the first Spider-Man comics I ever bought. That and the Death Of Gwen Stacy(I bought it because I hoped it was Jameson who died)

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

trololololo!!!!!!!!!..............................

The epitome of intense narration, unflinching dedication to canon, and poignant yet subversive satire on the American psyche. Good choice.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By seastone98