Gay superheroes: Who do you think is gay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By mewmdude77

So I was on Smosh a few minutes ago and read back in on an article about gay superheroes.  People always say Bat-Man is and Aqua man is but i really don't believe it unless the character comes out of the closet. 
What do you guys think and who in comics do you think is gay?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Batman isn't gay, he's non-sexual?(Is that a word?) I don't think concept of sex even computes for him.
Honestly, I think Batwoman is gay. Don't ask me why I think so, but I think DC has been hinting at it.
That being said, Daken. Daken is gay. 
I wouldn't be surprised if Jason was gay too.  
Lex Luthor, especially the  Death of Superman one(the movie Lex)
I wouldn't be surprised if Beast was gay.
Kyle Rayner honestly, losing so many women in your life has to take its toll.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy
@TheCrowbar said:
" Batman isn't gay, he's non-sexual?(Is that a word?) I don't think concept of sex even computes for him. Honestly, I think Batwoman is gay. Don't ask me why I think so, but I think DC has been hinting at it. That being said, Daken. Daken is gay.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jason was gay too.   Lex Luthor, especially the  Death of Superman one(the movie Lex) I wouldn't be surprised if Beast was gay. Kyle Rayner honestly, losing so many women in your life has to take its toll. "
DC has openly stated that Batwoman is gay...
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Virtually every character's sexuality has been confirmed in one book or another. Unless it has changed, I see little reason to speculate that straight characters are really gay and vice-versa.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agent9149

well in todays society one is straight until proven gaiety

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula

Beast.
Emma Frost. (Bi)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar
@iLLituracy said:
"DC has openly stated that Batwoman is gay... "

Yeah that's the joke.
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By biggkeem89

Check my list(By the way, this is a joke.): 

Top Ten Heroes who are secretely gay! (Joke)

1. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan is the perfect picture of a man "Trapped in the Closet". While his ring can make his uniform look like anything(like Guy's awesome costume), Hal chooses the tightest outfit possible to accentuate his "power battery". And for someone whose power is based on imagination, he sure uses a giant fist a lot. Can someone say "fisting"? I think I know the real reason Sinestro left the Green Lantern Corps. Don't Ask, Don't Tell

2. Silver Surfer

The Naked Spaceman himself. The Surfer patrols the universe in search of food for his master, Galactus. Could Norrin's devotion to Galactus be connected to something other than servitude? Maybe he got a peek at what the World Eater was packing under that purple skirt of his

3. Hawkeye

Mentioning purple skirts: Why would a man to choose to wear one? Hawkeye may have had a wife, and a couple of lovers, but the archer may be packing more than arrows in his closet. Methinks he has a bit of a crush on Steve Rogers, and maybe his arrows aren't the only shafts he plans on stroking,

4. Booster Gold

So why would Booster make this list? First, just look at this guy. His whole outfit screams "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". Secondly, his "friendship" with Blue Beetle is a little suspicious. And the most damning evidence is the fact that he named his robotic partner "Skeet". Can someone say Freudian slip? Ah, Skeet, Skeet.

5. Namor

Let's see about this: Skimpy "mankini"-Check, Ruler of "Sea-men"-Check, Consistent need to be on top-Check. Yep, Namor is full-blown gay. Maybe he should be called the "Queen of the Seas"

6. Doctor Strange

Well, what makes Steven seem homosexual? Is it the wardrobe that looks at if it was borrowed from Elton John's closet? Or maybe it's because he lives alone with a man called Wong? How about all of the above? Strange makes Kris Angel look straight

7. Wolverine

Marvel's resident berserker has had his fair share of women, but somehow his relationships just never seem to work out. Maybe the ol Canucklehead is covering for something. Have you seen the way this guy looks at Cyclops? There's definitely some sexual tension there.

8. Thor

Fabio with a hammer. Thor would rather spend his time surrounding by drunken, muscular men in "Ass-gard". No wonder Wiccan originally modeled himself after him? And let's not mention the time he took off his pants and asked to "hammer" Volstagg. Verily, tis true.

9. Superman

Clark is supposed to be the pinnacle of all superheroes. So, why does he choose to sport tights pulled straight out of a gay pride parade, and wear his underwear on the outside? Plus, he keeps trying to stick his "kryptonite" into Batman's "Fortress of Solitude"

10. Batman

Speaking of Batman, Bruce tops the list in hidden homosexuality. He constantly takes young boys into his "Batcave" to train(Jason Todd is still in therapy). He called his first sidekick "Dick". His archnemesis dresses like a flamboyant clown wearing lipstick and is likely in loved with him. And with women like Catwoman, Vicky Vale, and Wonder Woman around, he still chooses to be single. Maybe this bat is into a different kind of "cave". Holy, rectal distress, Batman!

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iLLituracy
@biggkeem89: It's funny because most of the people on that compiled list have banged more women than I've ever met in my entire life.
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By agent9149
@biggkeem89:  no way for a gay superman....i would prefer a whole new kryptonion to be gay
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
Hal Jordan is ****** in the head in terms of sexuality. He slept with a 13 year old because she was in the body of a 17 year old. Retconned or not, Arisia still had the mentality of a 13 year old girl who idolized Hal. He also had to repeatedly stop himself from hitting on Supergirl, the 16-year-old Supergirl!
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By agent9149

OMG I WANT A NORTHSTAR x HERCULES RELATIONSHIP AND I WANT IT NOW

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By biggkeem89
@iLLituracy said:
" @biggkeem89: It's funny because most of the people on that compiled list have banged more women than I've ever met in my entire life. "
I honestly picked the dudes that have the most women. Figured it would be funnier to imply that they're gay. lol@agent9149 said:
" @biggkeem89:  no way for a gay superman....i would prefer a whole new kryptonion to be gay "
It was a joke.
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCrowbar
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Hal Jordan is ****** in the head in terms of sexuality. He slept with a 13 year old because she was in the body of a 17 year old. Retconned or not, Arisia still had the mentality of a 13 year old girl who idolized Hal. He also had to repeatedly stop himself from hitting on Supergirl, the 16-year-old Supergirl! "
Can't wait until Superman crushes his skull for that.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Hal Jordan is ****** in the head in terms of sexuality. He slept with a 13 year old because she was in the body of a 17 year old. Retconned or not, Arisia still had the mentality of a 13 year old girl who idolized Hal. He also had to repeatedly stop himself from hitting on Supergirl, the 16-year-old Supergirl! "
Can't wait until Superman crushes his skull for that. "
lol, me too. I would buy the deluxe edition of that comic and have it framed :P
batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batmanary
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
lol, me too. I would buy the deluxe edition of that comic and have it framed :P "
In the Silver Age Superman himself had a crush on Kara, so I guess he has added reason :P *shudders*
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@batmanary said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
lol, me too. I would buy the deluxe edition of that comic and have it framed :P "
In the Silver Age Superman himself had a crush on Kara, so I guess he has added reason :P *shudders* "
The Silver Age has a lot to answer for (shakes fist) lol
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ultimate Colossus! He's gay right?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By G Bird
@TheCrowbar said:
" Batman isn't gay, he's non-sexual?(Is that a word?) I don't think concept of sex even computes for him."
Do you even know what you're talking about? Batman is not "non-sexual", he is straight. He has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero that I can think of aside from Iron Man. How can you even say the concept of sex doesn't compute for him? LOL you have no idea what you're saying.
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By girth

No Caption Provided
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheCrowbar
@G Bird said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

" Batman isn't gay, he's non-sexual?(Is that a word?) I don't think concept of sex even computes for him."
Do you even know what you're talking about? Batman is not "non-sexual", he is straight. He has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero that I can think of aside from Iron Man. How can you even say the concept of sex doesn't compute for him? LOL you have no idea what you're saying. "
Because throughout the Batman mythos first and foremost is "the mission," You're more than welcome to show when Batman "has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero" but the fact of the matter is, Talia raped him to create Daiman,  and his love for Catwoman was orchestrated by Hush, which is the only time I can recall Batman falling in love in recent history. Even looking though the Hush series, which I'm doing now just to double check,I don't see him having sex with Catwoman, through implication or panel. 

Now that is not to say he hasn't had sex, but as Bruce Wayne, his actual alter-ego(whereas Batman is his dominant persona), but to have sex for pleasure or love isn't something we see Batman indulging in. The idea that love is for him, or sex for pleasure is something for him, isn't something that really computes for Batman, it's not part of his equation. 

The beauty of Batman is that, he's set such an impossible task for himself that it dominates his thinking, his persona his entire life. If having sex often would reduce crime in Gotham, even indirectly, Batman would do it. He doesn't view it like we do. Of course this is all my opinion from over a decade of following the Batman comics and graphic novels closely(Which include Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again)
Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tmul501
@TheCrowbar said:
" Batman isn't gay, he's non-sexual?(Is that a word?) I don't think concept of sex even computes for him. Honestly, I think Batwoman is gay. Don't ask me why I think so, but I think DC has been hinting at it. That being said, Daken. Daken is gay.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jason was gay too.   Lex Luthor, especially the  Death of Superman one(the movie Lex) I wouldn't be surprised if Beast was gay. Kyle Rayner honestly, losing so many women in your life has to take its toll. "
Why would the number of women in kyle's life who have died have anything to do with him being gay or not? I don't think homosexuality is a grieving strategy...
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheCrowbar
@Tmul501 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
Why would the number of women in kyle's life who have died have anything to do with him being gay or not? I don't think homosexuality is a grieving strategy... "
I don't imagine it would be out of grief, but negative reinforcement to the extreme, he's been effectively "shocked" enough times where having an intimate relationship with a woman would be associated with these negative feelings and memories.  And most people want a deep intimate relationship someone to share their life with, the logical conclusion is well gay.

I'd also like to note, Kyle didn't just lose women in his life, they're consistently ripped from him.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheCrowbar said:

" @G Bird said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

Do you even know what you're talking about? Batman is not "non-sexual", he is straight. He has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero that I can think of aside from Iron Man. How can you even say the concept of sex doesn't compute for him? LOL you have no idea what you're saying. "
Because throughout the Batman mythos first and foremost is "the mission," You're more than welcome to show when Batman "has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero" but the fact of the matter is, Talia raped him to create Daiman,  and his love for Catwoman was orchestrated by Hush, which is the only time I can recall Batman falling in love in recent history. Even looking though the Hush series, which I'm doing now just to double check,I don't see him having sex with Catwoman, through implication or panel.   Now that is not to say he hasn't had sex, but as Bruce Wayne, his actual alter-ego(whereas Batman is his dominant persona), but to have sex for pleasure or love isn't something we see Batman indulging in. The idea that love is for him, or sex for pleasure is something for him, isn't something that really computes for Batman, it's not part of his equation.   The beauty of Batman is that, he's set such an impossible task for himself that it dominates his thinking, his persona his entire life. If having sex often would reduce crime in Gotham, even indirectly, Batman would do it. He doesn't view it like we do. Of course this is all my opinion from over a decade of following the Batman comics and graphic novels closely(Which include Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again) "
There was a deleted scene from Hush that had Bruce and Selina having sex, he was to be the father of her child, but DC went against it. He's always loved Selina, the whole point of Heart of Hush was that Selina was the only woman he's ever truly loved. That said, he's done Black Canary, Catwoman, Talia (both consensually and not), Wonder Woman, Vicki Vale, Silver St Cloud, Jezebel Jet and all he'd have to do is say the word and Ivy would sleep with him as well. So yeh, not gay lol

I see what you're saying, but Bruce is very much straight. Also, asexual is the term you're looking for :)
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheCrowbar
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @TheCrowbar said:

" @G Bird said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

Because throughout the Batman mythos first and foremost is "the mission," You're more than welcome to show when Batman "has slept with more woman than any other big-named superhero" but the fact of the matter is, Talia raped him to create Daiman,  and his love for Catwoman was orchestrated by Hush, which is the only time I can recall Batman falling in love in recent history. Even looking though the Hush series, which I'm doing now just to double check,I don't see him having sex with Catwoman, through implication or panel.   Now that is not to say he hasn't had sex, but as Bruce Wayne, his actual alter-ego(whereas Batman is his dominant persona), but to have sex for pleasure or love isn't something we see Batman indulging in. The idea that love is for him, or sex for pleasure is something for him, isn't something that really computes for Batman, it's not part of his equation.   The beauty of Batman is that, he's set such an impossible task for himself that it dominates his thinking, his persona his entire life. If having sex often would reduce crime in Gotham, even indirectly, Batman would do it. He doesn't view it like we do. Of course this is all my opinion from over a decade of following the Batman comics and graphic novels closely(Which include Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again) "
There was a deleted scene from Hush that had Bruce and Selina having sex, he was to be the father of her child, but DC went against it. He's always loved Selina, the whole point of Heart of Hush was that Selina was the only woman he's ever truly loved. That said, he's done Black Canary, Catwoman, Talia (both consensually and not), Wonder Woman, Vicki Vale, Silver St Cloud, Jezebel Jet and all he'd have to do is say the word and Ivy would sleep with him as well. So yeh, not gay lol  I see what you're saying, but Bruce is very much straight. Also, asexual is the term you're looking for :) "
I'm so willing to admit I'm wrong just for the hope he canonically boned Wonder Woman.
G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By G Bird
@TheCrowbar said:
" @G Bird said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

Dude seriously? Bruce Wayne is the same as Batman, don't try and get smart here.
Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tmul501
@TheCrowbar said:
" @Tmul501 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
Why would the number of women in kyle's life who have died have anything to do with him being gay or not? I don't think homosexuality is a grieving strategy... "
I don't imagine it would be out of grief, but negative reinforcement to the extreme, he's been effectively "shocked" enough times where having an intimate relationship with a woman would be associated with these negative feelings and memories.  And most people want a deep intimate relationship someone to share their life with, the logical conclusion is well gay.  I'd also like to note, Kyle didn't just lose women in his life, they're consistently ripped from him. "
That's rubbish man. How is that negative reinforcement? Negative reinforcement is the removal of an aversive stimulus which results in increasing a behavior. And furthermore, just because his romantic relationships are filled with tragedy doesn't mean he's going to stop being sexually attracted to women. I think what you are trying to explain is that his romantic feelings would be punished (not negatively reinforced - they're different. Look it up) and as a result he would become gay? Yikes... If you can find any psychological studies (which you won't) to suggest that you can use any kind of reinforcement schedule to change a heterosexual man to a homosexual man maybe you would have a case. This is the most backwards logic I've ever heard.
If a gay man lost several partners or they were forcefully taken from him he wouldn't just simply conclude  "well, I guess I gotta start being into chicks now". That is not how sexual behavior works. Not even in the slightest. 
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCrowbar
@G Bird said:

" Dude seriously? Bruce Wayne is the same as Batman, don't try and get smart here. "

Do you not follow Batman? Bruce Wayne is often shown as nothing more than a cover for Batman. A persona nothing more, he doesn't enjoy being Bruce Wayne, he doesn't enjoy doing "Bruce Wayne" things, aka normal human stuff, like partying and socializing.

@Tmul501 said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

" @Tmul501 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
I don't imagine it would be out of grief, but negative reinforcement to the extreme, he's been effectively "shocked" enough times where having an intimate relationship with a woman would be associated with these negative feelings and memories.  And most people want a deep intimate relationship someone to share their life with, the logical conclusion is well gay.  I'd also like to note, Kyle didn't just lose women in his life, they're consistently ripped from him. "
That's rubbish man. How is that negative reinforcement? Negative reinforcement is the removal of an aversive stimulus which results in increasing a behavior. And furthermore, just because his romantic relationships are filled with tragedy doesn't mean he's going to stop being sexually attracted to women. I think what you are trying to explain is that his romantic feelings would be punished (not negatively reinforced - they're different. Look it up) and as a result he would become gay? Yikes... If you can find any psychological studies (which you won't) to suggest that you can use any kind of reinforcement schedule to change a heterosexual man to a homosexual man maybe you would have a case. This is the most backwards logic I've ever heard. If a gay man lost several partners or they were forcefully taken from him he wouldn't just simply conclude  "well, I guess I gotta start being into chicks now". That is not how sexual behavior works. Not even in the slightest.  "
I'm really glad you read wikipedia. The near constant negative association there is between Rayner and female partnership is rather extreme, finding your partner in a fridge is the cherry of Rayner's tragic life.  

As for searching for psychological studies on it, it's immoral to do that kind of definitive analysis, any graduate ethics class will clearly explain why, but in very short "Altering the natural mental states of a person is dangerous and has a tendency to harm participants in such a study and afterward," . We do see correlations between certain groups of women who previously didn't show an opposing behavior until after  a massive shock to their intimate relationships, be it homosexuality or heterosexuality or an aversion to people in general(which Rayner could do as well, and his absence from Earth really could be a sign of that). 

Now if I understand your underlying issue properly, you're scared that I'm going to say "Homosexuality is a choice" as if it is a flippant choice.  Don't worry, I most definitely don't think it's a flippant choice, it takes a massive world breaking event to change that, but just as we've only seen correlations not definite proof of partner choices being changed by massive traumatic shocks to related relationships, we also see the 'genetically linked and very set in stone sexuality' idea waiver under scrutiny. Even the team that found the "Gay Gene" haven't shown us the loci of the Gay Gene, if they have in a publication after 2008, you're more than welcome to show it to me, right now Homosexuality is more shown to be genetically influence, that is to say that both genes and upbringing(Nature and nurture) decide that lifestyle.

Now again let me reiterate, if you're naturally(without undo outside influence) gay or such, that's a natural mental state and interference in that is wrong.

Again my original argument for Kyle Rayner is simple; he's had massive shocks after massive shocks to his intimate relationships, he's human.  Right now, he seems very Earth shy(Which could be an aversion to human contact because of the shock), which isn't to say he won't come help out once in awhile but he doesn't have roots on Earth(Jade aside, who really needed to stay dead imo, but that's more my criticism of her being uninteresting) like Hal Jordan, John Stewart or Guy Gardner do. Now he's pretty much alone in space, sure surrounded friends and aliens, but deep companionship is something that he'd probably be wary of or be his weak spot. I'm aware of his current relationship status, but how he's often written, there might be a fridge out there with Soranik's name on it. 
Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tmul501
@FadeToBlackBolt: I think they also allude to Bruce and Selina hooking up during the first issue of Batman Inc. if I remember correctly. Sweet user name, btw.
G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By G Bird
@TheCrowbar said:
" @G Bird said:
" Dude seriously? Bruce Wayne is the same as Batman, don't try and get smart here. "

Do you not follow Batman? Bruce Wayne is often shown as nothing more than a cover for Batman. A persona nothing more, he doesn't enjoy being Bruce Wayne, he doesn't enjoy doing "Bruce Wayne" things, aka normal human stuff, like partying and socializing. "
Of coarse I follow Batman, he's my favorite DC character. All I'm saying is Bruce Wayne has sex with woman, therefore Batman has sex with woman. I'm pretty sure most super heroes take off their costumes to have sex, so it would be absurd for Bruce to be dressed as Batman while having sex.
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By industrious

I always thought Cass and Steph had something for each other.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheCrowbar
@G Bird said:

" @TheCrowbar said:

" @G Bird said:

Do you not follow Batman? Bruce Wayne is often shown as nothing more than a cover for Batman. A persona nothing more, he doesn't enjoy being Bruce Wayne, he doesn't enjoy doing "Bruce Wayne" things, aka normal human stuff, like partying and socializing. "
Of coarse I follow Batman, he's my favorite DC character. All I'm saying is Bruce Wayne has sex with woman, therefore Batman has sex with woman. I'm pretty sure most super heroes take off their costumes to have sex, so it would be absurd for Bruce to be dressed as Batman while having sex. "
 Now that is not to say he hasn't had sex, but as Bruce Wayne, his actual alter-ego(whereas Batman is his dominant persona), but to have sex for pleasure or love isn't something we see Batman indulging in. The idea that love is for him, or sex for pleasure is something for him, isn't something that really computes for Batman, it's not part of his equation. 

The beauty of Batman is that, he's set such an impossible task for himself that it dominates his thinking, his persona his entire life. If having sex often would reduce crime in Gotham, even indirectly, Batman would do it. He doesn't view it like we do. Of course this is all my opinion from over a decade of following the Batman comics and graphic novels closely(Which include Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again)  
Read that again. That's what I mean.
TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By TheMess1428

I know Beast and Batwoman are gay. Not too sure about anyone else besides Hulkling and his boyfriend. 

I would also like to add that I own a comic where Batman and Black Canary have sex. And I've read one where Nightwing and Catwoman have sex too. So yeah... 

Straightest Comic Book Character: Dick Grayson. Just sayin' :P

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Shadow_Thief
@Girth:  The expressions on Cap and the Scarlet Witch are priceless.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#35  Edited By xerox_kitty