• 70 results
poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poeticwarrior

First of all, do straight people have gay characters as their favorites?I know there are some out there, I just wanna see how many, especially after reading many posts talking about gay/bi characters being pandering. I just wanna see how many people on here have gay characters in their top 10 at least, would like to know what you like about them. It's just a survey and I plan to do a quick survey and maybe use it for my psych paper in college. lol

They have some really notable characters lately, even in the mainstream comics: Batwoman, Midnighter, Wiccan, Hulkling, Alan Scott, Apollo, Iceman, Shatterstar, Rictor, Northstar, Karolina Dean, etc.

I like Alan Scott character, I read Justice Society and now Earth-2, and I like both versions. I don't see him being gay affecting the flow of the story or how they tell it. I just find it funny how Green Lantern's lovers often end up in gruesome deaths. He grows stronger throughout the entire run of Earth-2 because the support of Sam, but the same could be said about people like Superman or Spiderman who gain more power in order to protect Lois or Mary Jane.

Batwoman and Midnighter are very nonapologetic, and their sexuality are the least interesting part about them. Midnighter would just be as awesome if he's straight. His values are ruthlessness made it very interesting to read. He's very unpredictable when it comes to dealing with his enemies. He may one-shot them or play with his preys. Midnighter becomes a superhero as a hobby, not because he wants to help people.

I notice the pattern that when a gay couple being introduced together, one of them is usually just decoration. Hulking and Apollo are both very bland, and the storyline is always revolved around their other half. Midnighter and Wiccan always get the focus in the story, and they're often on the sideline playing the supportive boyfriend. I feel like their purpose is only there to show that the main gay character is happily in a relationship. That is why I'm glad Midnighter broke up with Apollo and be on his own. I always find single character a lot more interesting than married character simply because the focus is often only on one when they become a couple.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gay hero isn't my favorite but I thought Hulking and Wakan were okay. :/

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Striker from Avenger's Academy. I've thought it would be interesting to see a love triangle with him and Wiccan and Hulkling.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a gay character in my top 5.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no fav gay characters

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

New 52 Alan Scott, Wiccan, Hulkling, young Iceman, Northstar, Batwoman, Renee Montoya, Apollo, Midnighter, Catman, Catwoman, Grace Choi, Ultimate Colossus, Hercules, Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Pied Piper, Obsidian, and Miss America are gay/lesbian/bisexual characters that I love to read about as a straight man.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Miss America.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm a straight dude and Bunker is one of my favourites right now. I'm also a fan of Karolina Dean, Renee Montoya and Batwoman but lesbian characters seem to be less of an issue for many.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman up there on my list, mainly due to the fact shes a member of the Batfamily.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: Hold up. Hold up. Hercules (DC or Marvel) is gay? You're joking right? I can't see that happening. Whether it's DC or Marvel. Especially Marvel.

You got proof?

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gay character isn't even in my top 100.

None of them are favs.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By poeticwarrior

@justsomerandomkid said:

@kidchipotle: Hold up. Hold up. Hercules (DC or Marvel) is gay? You're joking right? I can't see that happening. Whether it's DC or Marvel. Especially Marvel.

You got proof?

They mentioned about it when people talked about Northstar's lovers. Also, Hercules' writer, Greg Pak, confirmed it.

No Caption Provided

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where they would rank in terms of my favorites today, but since I got into comics Colossus has always been one of my favorite characters and possibly my favorite X-Men character. I used to get just about anything he was in whether it was in the normal universe or the ultimate where he was with Northstar. I enjoyed both versions although I haven't read much of him in the last couple of years as I feel he's kinda just there now. Alan Scott is one I have always liked as well. I started reading old Justice Society stuff, and later he became a favorite of mine after Kingdome Come. I still enjoyed him in Earth 2 as well. Although Earth 2 for me kinda dragged, he still remains a favorite of mine.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: Hercules the Ladies man has disappointed me.

It could be worse though. It could be Thor.

notoverrated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules is pretty cool.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got proof?

Hercules (Marvel) is bisexual. He's had both male and female partners (Panel 1). That is why the big reveal in an alternate universe that he and Wolverine were lovers wasn't as much of an issue for his character as for what it implied about Logan (Panel 2). Might be a matter of terminology, because 'gay' is used for many types of homosexual activities and lifestyles. That reveal actually made me like Hercules (Marvel) more - of course the super testosterone driven god of strength would be into both sexes. His libido and sex drive would be incredibly high.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: "- of course the super testosterone driven god of strength would be into both sexes. His libido and sex drive would be incredibly high."

Just...just shhh. I don't want to talk about that guy anymore.

He was never a favorite anyway. I always got Thor though. The real Thor at least. Thoretta is crap though.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no favorite gay characters. And I most likely never will. Not that I hate them or anything, they just don't appeal to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have no favorite gay characters. And I most likely never will. Not that I hate them or anything, they just don't appeal to me.

Deadpool, presumably one of your favorites, is pansexual. Obviously not the same thing as homosexuality, but I'd say it's within the realms of possibility that you could have a favorite gay character.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: Ozy is not gay last I checked. He had a girlfriend in before watchmen , if thats canon . Outside of Rohrshach speculating he might be gay, I dont think it was ever mentioned?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it matter if the character is gay or not? There's those "other" books in the market far better suited, if I want to read about my favourite characters sex preferences and activities in comics, than the stuff of mainstream superhero-comic publishers.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't read much Alan Scott but I really like him as a character.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter is really cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The one and only. OH and Batwoman and Mystique are ones I like as well.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Deadpool writers Christopher Hastings, Gail Simone, and Gerry Duggan have confirmed it, and he's listed as panseuxal on Marvel's wiki.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not straight, so I guess my answer doesn't count lol.

Northstar, Apollo, Midnighter, and Karma.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter is one of my favs

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stfu nobodi givs a fuk bout dem stupied charcters. comiks r stupied, so iz anime and everithing related tu art.

Just kidding. I like Midnighter. He seems like a cool dude. Oh and DONT TAKE THIS POST SERIOUSLY (THE FIRST HALF)

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter and Alan Scott are two of my favorites

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Marvel wiki says a lot things...

Anyway. He's been portrayed heterosexaul for years and has even been married to women a couple of times, and still is.

But whatever...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: @justsomerandomkid: Lol, your surprise tells me that you're not really up on your history. The ancient Greeks pretty much created orgies and most of them were bisexual.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By makhai

Spider-Man.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By poeticwarrior

@heatblaze123 said:

@sprior93: Marvel wiki says a lot things...

Anyway. He's been portrayed heterosexaul for years and has even been married to women a couple of times, and still is.

But whatever...

To be fair, many bisexual/pansexual characters in comics often show to be in straight relationships, not just him. Just because someone's only been in straight relationships doesn't mean he's not bisexual or otherwise since it could be because there was a lack of opportunity, they prefer one gender over the other, or society pressure. Deadpool has been shown to talk about his attraction to guys and kissed them several times before. His writers also confirmed it. Constantine is bisexual but most of his relationship is with women.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Heatblaze
Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should nt be in, why? Because if you leave it undetermined then everybodys happy because you can imagine that they are whatever you want them to be. Im talking about new characters they create, dont you dare change the orientiation of a classic character.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time relating to gay and female characters, so not really.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopey Glass is my favorite comic character.....

No Caption Provided
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

The only gay characters I like in comics are Phyla-Vell and Moondragon, because they are interesting personalities and both members of the relationship are developed and engaging.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I separate Comics and Greek mythology since they're obviously different.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Spider-Man.

Now hold on a second...which spiderman? Follow up. is Peter gay?

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Spider-Man.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he just uses gay as a way to make fun of spiderman and troll people.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:
@makhai said:

Spider-Man.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he just uses gay as a way to make fun of spiderman and troll people.

Possibly, but it's hard for me to tell if he is trolling or not so lets just see what he says.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

best gay dude, boyfriend does not look like stereotypical 'good looking' supermodel type and does not flaunt sexuality like peacock. All around cool bro.