NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided

Now I have been wanting to talk about this character for a long time. The Dream Stalker, The Dream Demon, The Springwood Slasher, Freddy Krueger. Freddy Krueger as created by Wes Craven and portrayed by Robert Englund has been one of the most iconic horror/slasher characters ever but there`s an invisible line that should be acknowledged as much as his status as this iconic horror character who has also been known to be a fan favorite. After watching all the NOES movies except for the 2010 Michael Bay move and Wes Craven`s New Nightmare I decided to do as much research as I can to debunk this character. Freddy is one of the most overrated (if not most) characters ever. The majority out there believe he is omnipotent within the Dream World and that he can take characters like Silver Surfer all the way up to the Living Tribunal and even TOAA there are respected debaters/users that I know who believe in this misconception as well which like anything else is just a simple mistake. Freddy at best is just a street level character who has mid-tier capabilities which depend on the character he is facing if there is fear for him to work with then he becomes more powerful everything he has ever done has been performed on featless human characters his best feat comes in the form of fighting Jason (a canon movie) who at his very core is a human character. Now with the introduction out of the way I will go step by step in debunking Freddy Krueger and the misconceptions that have been made to be considered fact when everything up to this point has been a myth at best in regards to the character and what he can actually do within his canon the nature of his character capabilities and feats have been twisted by a form of headcanon.

This video explains the Freddy Krueger character. Freddy was a child killer who was caught by an angry mob of parents after getting passed prosecution and was set aflame when cornered in a boiler room it is then during that time in which Freddy is approached by the Dream Demons to be able to exact revenge on the kids of Elm Street by entering their dreams and spreading fear and by doing that he is remembered the reason why fear is important is because the Dream Demons need Freddy to be able to gain enough power and belief by spreading fear (which is the perfect way to have someone remember you and to believe in you just like phobias, and folktales) so that they could be able to affect the Real World this is an important detail that Freddy fanboys seem to forget. The Dream Demons that give Freddy his power are not even invincible so can Freddy be invincible? I will be going down a long list of Freddy`s feats and explain each of them. This showcase will not be going in any particular order.

Now Kincaid survived NOES 3 and learned a limited form of lucid dreaming which is a method in which someone recognizes that they are dreaming and are able to alter their dreams around that realization. Many like to bring up that lucid dreaming never worked against Freddy it is because the lucid dreamers` minds did not work they were not strong enough and ended up fearing Freddy. Kincaid`s ability within the Dream World was super strength and what people don`t realize is that Freddy did not actually warp the world to resemble a junkyard that was Kincaid`s mind and if you know the definition of dreams then you know why that happened as you would understand.

Dreams - a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.

Our brain takes in all the information within our subconscious minds and our dreams spawn from our subconscious mind and thoughts earlier in the movie Kincaid made a comment about burying Freddy`s bones in the graveyard/junkyard and he believed he was dead so when he went to sleep and encountered Freddy he saw Freddy return via reforming his bones considering the holy water did not have a lasting effect only because of the Dream Demons` ability to resurrect Freddy. And Kincaid was afraid which is what gives Freddy his power there are other ways in which Freddy receives his power such as belief and souls. That is why Freddy was able to kill the kids so easily once he returned because they were AFRAID and they BELIEVED in him so Freddy was able to have final control in the dream world which also acts in accordance to Elm Street and the boiler room which is the place he died. His powers work only on Elm Street until the final movie where his powers have reached an all-time high but are still only limited to the Dream World.

This only happened because Debbie is afraid of cockroaches she stepped on one and said gross! During the earlier parts of NOES 4 which is why she ends up becoming a cockroach in the dream and Freddy uses that against her which is why she ends up dying these teens don`t have control in the Dream World because they give all of the control to Freddy similar to how we let other people ruin our destinies when we are supposed to take control of our destiny.

Will died because he made a not so wise decision by running into Freddy and getting impaled, also he was afraid he did muster up some courage initially and he WAS affecting Freddy for a short while but it wasn`t enough because he did not have a strong will. Freddy also used his own condition against him (Will is paralyzed) to affect him on all levels this is a manifestation of Will`s mind.

Philip`s sleepwalking problems was used against him in his dream, Freddy used him as a puppet until he reached the ledge and severed his tendons in which he killed him in the process. Philip was afraid and not in control.

Taryn`s drug affiliated issues were used against her by Freddy and she was afraid after she realized what she conjured up in her dreams was not enough to defeat Freddy.

Sheila`s death was caused by her own condition her ASTHMA was used against her in the dream and she was afraid like the other not knowing it was a dream that she was in control of. Sheila, Rick and a lot of the other characters in NOES 4 were pulled into Alice`s dream but that also furthers the fact that Freddy still needs fear from his victims and its easier with them being less in control.

Rick was killed because Freddy caught him by surprise but when Rick was confident he was overpowering Freddy however he did not see Freddy levitate the bladed glove which ended up having him impaled.

This a good example of how Freddy uses fears or thoughts that could inspire fear against those who are dreaming.

Mark was afraid and even though he was able to transform into his own comic book creation it was not enough to overcome Freddy. Notice how when Mark wakes up from the dream he is not a comic book this proves that Freddy is only manipulating human minds as he has thoughts turned into fears, Freddy does this by using different things unique to that individual against them. This does not suddenly mean that Freddy could use this method against any other character like say Odin or even Batman.

He used Dan`s driving against him and so on so forth.

This is another good example as Spencer is someone who participates in using drugs and his mind is easy to manipulate. Freddy by using a video game setting was able to manipulate Spencer in real life like he does the video game and Spencer ended up falling asleep on the living room coach and there was a TV in the living room so of course Freddy was able to manipulate his dream in accordance to the real world and his thought patterns.

This is Freddy`s best feat. This movie`s story is canon to both franchises many like to make up the lie and idea that it is not but no representative has come out and said it is non-canon just because it is a crossover which isn`t an absolute any way. Some crossovers are canon and some are not also this movie fits into the timeline of the two franchises. Freddy needs fear as he said himself during the introduction of this movie and he needs people to believe in him. He couldn`t kill Jason because he wasn`t strong enough due to Jason`s immortality and the fact that he wasn`t afraid. Now many like to bring up the idea that Jason being afraid of water makes this too inconsistent for this film to be included in the timeline but thing is that context is important because of its ability to correct. Jason wasn`t scared of water he was only reminded of what had happened to him in his traumatic life, drowning as a kid and having no one save him which is why Freddy was able to use that against him so effectively and have him reverted back to a boy only in the dream world but not in the real world. Freddy was able to tap into his mind and use that experience in a way that he was able to encourage fear in the not so fearful Jason which only worked uniquely to that character but it also proves how Freddy can`t stand up to Jason that well even when in the dream world he got lucky as he was able to use the water as a way to figure out a weak point once Jason threw him into a random pipe and Freddy was getting a little worried since he couldn`t put Jason down also it makes sense for the plot.

MISCONCEPTIONS:

1. Freddy doesn`t need fear to be able to kill his enemies. He actually does this theme has been present ever since the first movie the canon confirms that fear is what gives Freddy power there are other ways for him to receive power but fear is the main thing that keeps those other things going such as being remembered, fear is the easiest way to have someone remember you and etc. Souls as well which is what Freddy collects but even then he is not unbeatable.
  2. Freddy always comes back to kill the teens. Yes this is true but it is only true because of the dream demons they resurrect him every time he dies and are the reason why he is able to manipulate dreams in the first place.
  3. Freddy is a god in the dream world he can do anything. This is very untrue because the dream demons are featless and there`s confirmation for them having limits, and they need to affect the real world by entering dreams, Freddy could not depower Jason because he did not have power over him and Freddy has only shown to manipulate abilities that were apart of the dream world and since the dream warriors had a limited amount of lucid dreaming capability it wasn`t hard for Freddy to win against them especially considering their human and their human minds can`t handle a non-human being like Freddy in the first place as most people fear what they don`t understand and Freddy is something that they couldn`t quite understand.
  4. Freddy`s dream abilities work just as good anywhere else. Not true, the height of Freddy`s power is in connection to the residents of Elm Street due to plot and progression he was able to make a difference in the final film but canonically and consistently his abilities are limited to Elm Street if he were to say pop up in someone like Batman`s dreams the boiler room would no longer be present and his powers, abilities and capabilities would actually be quite limited.

There is more that I would like to add but this should do for now. Freddy has become a no limits fallacy and many are overestimating what he can actually do. He needed Jesse to affect the real world for him during NOES 2 and he was defeated by Lisa`s love for Jesse in the dream world. Nancy outsmarted Freddy and pulled him out of the dream world and defeated him. Freddy was defeated by Joey`s screams during NOES 3 within the dream world, Freddy has been outperformed, overpowered and outsmarted multiple times within the dream world where he is supposed to be all-powerful many like to just say that he is toying around and not going all out but there`s no evidence saying that he is at all any more powerful, during the time that the dream warriors were going into NOES 4, time had passed and characters like Kincaid, and Joey have forgotten about Freddy (except for Kristen) believing him to be dead for good they`ve totally forgotten how to use their lucid dreaming to their complete advantage and gave into the fear which is an emotion that already preys on the mind as Freddy essentially is just playing with their minds with his limited magic which isn`t all that great in the first place. Alice defeated him in the dream world with his own reflection, and freed the souls that he kept captive at one point, his own son even ended up taking him down and then in the final film he was defeated by his own daughter, and was harmed in the dream world several times and even lost his composure outside of it where he is supposed to have a small degree of superhuman capability he was defeated soundly, and the dream demons ended up leaving him as they went on laughing there`s a level of inconsistency that many are simply ignorant to or are ignoring when it comes to the Freddy Krueger character.

I always wondered where this idea stemmed from when commonsense tells us that Freddy is just a high-tier street level threat at best some people even think that Freddy can take Nightmare a Dr. Strange level enemy or someone like Doctor Destiny who is far more impressive when it comes to having similar abilities and many like to complain about certain characters not having feats but Freddy of all characters doesn`t really have any when you think about it nothing really that says he is a high-tier, skyfather, abstract, nigh-omnipotent or omnipotent level being. You could make the argument that as long as there is fear that he would be able to at least take characters that he shouldn`t be able to take in a fight but that argument could only go so far when his track record is against a bunch of TEENAGERS literally throughout the films up until the last one and Freddy vs Jason.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there hasn't been freddy krueger wank lately though.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WastelandMan  Online

I appreciate the effort in the thread.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Zetsu-San

So what you are saying is... Freddy Krueger is weaker than all of these characters? I honestly thought it was well known that Freddy is below most other fictional Dream-Weavers. That said, you do have one fundamental misunderstand. Freddy Krueger needs fear, but he does NOT need YOUR fear. As long as people fear him he has power and can manipulate your dream even if you personally are not scared.

Alessa Gillespi
Alessa Gillespi
Sardo Numspa
Sardo Numspa
Matt Parkman
Matt Parkman
Eligos
Eligos
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Suigintou
Suigintou
Shinku
Shinku
Pharos Heracles
Pharos Heracles

Yumeji
Yumeji
Merry Nightmare
Merry Nightmare
Mystletainn
Mystletainn
Chaser John Doe
Chaser John Doe
Engi Threepiece
Engi Threepiece
Sandman
Sandman
Pitch Black
Pitch Black
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

interesting enough. Quite a bit of effort put into this.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I didn't think Freddy had enough fans to warrant a debunk thread, but still a great post nonetheless.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I agree but Freddy does use the dreamer's fear against them and in that aspect it is more people believing in him, Freddy vs Jason proves that Freddy's power only matters when the victim is afraid within the dream world. And a lot of people believed that Freddy was the be all and end all when it came to dream themed characters.

Also awesome list these are some other characters that should be included.

Nocturne (Danny Phantom)

Morpheus(Sandman)

Nightmare (Marvel)

Doctor Destiny (DC)

The Dream Lord (Dr Who)

The Sandman (Martin Mystery)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave said:

@zetsumoto:

I agree but Freddy does use the dreamer's fear against them and in that aspect it is more people believing in him, Freddy vs Jason proves that Freddy's power only matters when the victim is afraid within the dream world. And a lot of people believed that Freddy was the be all and end all when it came to dream themed characters.

No, he couldn't kill Jason because Jason's immortality was getting in the way. He needed to depower Jason in order to remove the immortality. Other humans do not have immortality and thus Freddy can kill them even if they aren't scared. Not even being the daredevil would save you from Freddy's power in the dream world, you would need bravery AND lucid dreaming powers. In other-words, fear in general empowers Freddy, but your own fear will depower you. In which case Matt Parkman is probably the only one on my list who might be susceptible to Freddy's powers even if he is normally a better dream manipulator.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:

@zetsumoto:

No, he couldn't kill Jason because Jason's immortality was getting in the way. He needed to depower Jason in order to remove the immortality. Other humans do not have immortality and thus Freddy can kill them even if they aren't scared. Not even being the daredevil would save you from Freddy's power in the dream world, you would need bravery AND lucid dreaming powers. In other-words, fear in general empowers Freddy, but your own fear will depower you. In which case Matt Parkman is probably the only one on my list who might be susceptible to Freddy's powers even if he is normally a better dream manipulator.

I know and I agree but my point was that all the other human characters he ended up killing were afraid of something and Freddy was able to use that against them they only had limited lucid dreaming capabilities. Matt with knowledge would be able to take Freddy but I do agree that in a random encounter he probably won`t be able to win but I think his radar sense would play into his lucid dreaming capabilities. Fear and belief empowers Freddy and that is a good point but I think your own fear would also empower him to the point where lucid dreaming wouldn`t matter being fearless is just as important as being a lucid dreamer.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: lol I would have listed Morpheus as well but he's WAY too high tier. He's the top of the top. I don't think ANYONE can beat him in the dream world. The highest level character I listed was Merry who as the gatekeeper can banish Freddy from the minds of humans forever, or literally punch him out of existence. Even she's a joke compared to Morpheus. Hell, if she existed in the Sandman comic she'd probably call Morpheus "daddy".

btw here is an old battlethread I made that never got attention. What do you think?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/spawn-alessa-hell-priest-oz-vs-freddy-krueger-wish-1760463/

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: lol I would have listed Morpheus as well but he's WAY too high tier. He's the top of the top. I don't think ANYONE can beat him in the dream world. The highest level character I listed was Merry who as the gatekeeper can banish Freddy from the minds of humans forever, or literally punch him out of existence. Even she's a joke compared to Morpheus. Hell, if she existed in the Sandman comic she'd probably call Morpheus "daddy".

btw here is an old battlethread I made that never got attention. What do you think?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/spawn-alessa-hell-priest-oz-vs-freddy-krueger-wish-1760463/

I agree and good point but there`s also the Lord of Nightmares.

Awesome match-up :)

I was wondering who do you think would win Yami Bakura/Zorc (Yu-Gi-Oh) or Freddy? And do you think Freddy would be scared of Yami Bakura?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh so I can't comment on that. I really want to see a fight between Eligos and Freddy Krueger since they technically exist in the same shared setting despite never having met.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: Who is the Lord of Nightmares (from what story I mean)? Also, what does Yami Bakura do exactly? Do you have any clips of him demonstrating his dream manipulation?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: Who is the Lord of Nightmares (from what story I mean)? Also, what does Yami Bakura do exactly? Do you have any clips of him demonstrating his dream manipulation?

The Lord of Nightmares is from the Slayers universe she is pretty much an omnipotent character (or close to it at the very least).

Yami Bakura is the evil spirit of the Millennium Ring he`s also one of the soul pieces of the dark lord Zorc Necrophades and in his past life he was known as Thief King Bakura similar to Atem he is an old spirit existing for over 5000 years only he`s evil.

Bakura doesn`t utilize dream manipulation he utilizes cards known as Duel Monsters (Trap, Spell, Monster and etc.) his power stems from ancient magic which is essentially the Millennium Ring as his powers come directly from the Shadow Realm. His cards can come to life via magic. Duel Monsters was based on an ancient game in which monsters were summoned via stone tablets and dark magic was used to bring forth these monsters, spells and traps included.

Zorc Necrophades is the creator and ruler of the Shadow Realm where souls go to when punished and condemned it is a dark dimension where all evil resides as well. Zorc is the embodiment of evil and darkness, and has existed for thousands of years (minimum) he was created from the darkness of people`s hearts (sounds like Kingdom Hearts I know), also his power is what was used to create the Millennium Items he is strong enough to hold his own against the three Egyptian gods and Exodia himself (although Simon being the summoner weakened its potential) and was able to create a solar eclipse when weakened.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

http://anime-mix.com/watch/Yu-Gi-Oh!-Duel-Monsters/Episode/96/Showdown-in-the-Shadows-(1)

http://anime-mix.com/watch/Yu-Gi-Oh!-Duel-Monsters/Episode/97/Showdown-in-the-Shadows-(2)

Dawn of the Duel is pretty much a Bakura arc it starts with episode 199 and then stops with episode 219.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: Hmm... Those clips don't tell me much about what he can personally do in the dream world, but going by lore it sounds like he'd be out of Freddy's league. So, who do you think would make the best Nightmare on Elm Street protagonist? To me it's between Matt Parkman and Yumeji, though I am leaning towards Yumeji.

Basically Yumeji has the power to predict whether or not someone will have a nightmare based on the color of their aura. He can also enter dreams by being in close proximity, that includes day dreams. So if any of Freddy's sleep deprived victims have one of those micro dreams, Yumeji can jump right in. Yumeji can copy the powers of dream demons and their weapons (for example, he'd be able to pull out Freddy's claw), and he can also repair his dream body and prevent it from effecting him in the real world. He's definitely a LOT more powerful than Freddy. If Freddy is the lord of nightmares, Yumeji is the king of daydreams.

The reason why I think he'd make an interesting protagonist is the fact that he'd turn the movie into one huge cat and mouse game. Freddy would try to avoid him, and Yumeji would have to constantly try and track down Freddy's next target in order to prevent their death. It would be kind of like Final Destination. It would provide the twist of Freddy running into someone more powerful than him; without detracting from the horror aspects. Yumeji already encountered a similar scenario with a dream demon that was able to split itself and posses multiple students in his school at once.

Matt would probably seal Freddy in his head, and it would turn into a psychological battle of wills similar to when Matt tried to do the same with Sylar. Would still make for an interesting movie, but it wouldn't be quite "Nightmare on Elm Street". Not enough death for htat.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: Hmm... Those clips don't tell me much about what he can personally do in the dream world, but going by lore it sounds like he'd be out of Freddy's league. So, who do you think would make the best Nightmare on Elm Street protagonist? To me it's between Matt Parkman and Yumeji, though I am leaning towards Yumeji.

Basically Yumeji has the power to predict whether or not someone will have a nightmare based on the color of their aura. He can also enter dreams by being in close proximity, that includes day dreams. So if any of Freddy's sleep deprived victims have one of those micro dreams, Yumeji can jump right in. Yumeji can copy the powers of dream demons and their weapons (for example, he'd be able to pull out Freddy's claw), and he can also repair his dream body and prevent it from effecting him in the real world. He's definitely a LOT more powerful than Freddy. If Freddy is the lord of nightmares, Yumeji is the king of daydreams.

The reason why I think he'd make an interesting protagonist is the fact that he'd turn the movie into one huge cat and mouse game. Freddy would try to avoid him, and Yumeji would have to constantly try and track down Freddy's next target in order to prevent their death. It would be kind of like Final Destination. It would provide the twist of Freddy running into someone more powerful than him; without detracting from the horror aspects. Yumeji already encountered a similar scenario with a dream demon that was able to split itself and posses multiple students in his school at once.

Matt would probably seal Freddy in his head, and it would turn into a psychological battle of wills similar to when Matt tried to do the same with Sylar. Would still make for an interesting movie, but it wouldn't be quite "Nightmare on Elm Street". Not enough death for htat.

I agree he should be more powerful than Freddy and he`s traveled through time as well as through different dimensions and planes of existence so his abilities would carry over to the Dream World. I just think the fight would be pretty awesome to see and I would like to see how the dialogue would go between the two it would be very entertaining. Good question, personally I think Torque (The Suffering: Ties That Bind), Alma Wade, Point Man and Paxton Fettel (F.E.A.R), Crash Bandicoot, Kratos (God of War), Luigi or Sora (Kingdom Hearts) would be interesting IMO.

I agree and that would be awesome I like both scenarios :)

How do you see Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index), Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist) or Kirito (Sword Art Online) or Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) going in regards to fighting Freddy?

victordoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice..

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: "Torque (The Suffering: Ties That Bind), Alma Wade, Point Man and Paxton Fettel (F.E.A.R), Crash Bandicoot, Kratos (God of War), Luigi or Sora (Kingdom Hearts) would be interesting IMO"

Those aren't really protagonist style characters, and they are all pretty extreme spite. Alma Wade would destroy him, and Freddy would never bother with Point Man or Paxton who as far as I am aware would have no way of getting into Freddy's world. Kratos and Sora aren't even from modern Earth, so that would just be plain weird.

Accelerator is too much of a cocky bastard to get scared, and his powers are so natural to him he would still apply it to the dream world even if he can't warp the dream itself. Without fear, Freddy has no way of depowering his dream self to get past the vector shield.

Rin could get scared, but he's still the son of satan. I don't see Freddy being able to over power him. Kirito would definitely make for an interesting fight. He would theoretically be able to adopt his video game persona in the dream world (since the comic guy was able to do it), and considering that he was already able to overpower game mechanics with willpower; he'd pick up some other lucid dream skills pretty quickly. If Alice can beat Freddy, Kirito most certainly can as well; at least over the course of a movie length plot if not a straight up fight. He'd definitely make a great Nightmare on Elm Street protagonist.

I don't know enough about Edward Elric's personaltiy to say whether or not he'd be able to overpower Freddy in the dream world, but honestly most action shounen protagonists are either low baggage or good at coping with said baggage.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: "Torque (The Suffering: Ties That Bind), Alma Wade, Point Man and Paxton Fettel (F.E.A.R), Crash Bandicoot, Kratos (God of War), Luigi or Sora (Kingdom Hearts) would be interesting IMO"

Those aren't really protagonist style characters, and they are all pretty extreme spite. Alma Wade would destroy him, and Freddy would never bother with Point Man or Paxton who as far as I am aware would have no way of getting into Freddy's world. Kratos and Sora aren't even from modern Earth, so that would just be plain weird.

Accelerator is too much of a cocky bastard to get scared, and his powers are so natural to him he would still apply it to the dream world even if he can't warp the dream itself. Without fear, Freddy has no way of depowering his dream self to get past the vector shield.

Rin could get scared, but he's still the son of satan. I don't see Freddy being able to over power him. Kirito would definitely make for an interesting fight. He would theoretically be able to adopt his video game persona in the dream world (since the comic guy was able to do it), and considering that he was already able to overpower game mechanics with willpower; he'd pick up some other lucid dream skills pretty quickly. If Alice can beat Freddy, Kirito most certainly can as well; at least over the course of a movie length plot if not a straight up fight. He'd definitely make a great Nightmare on Elm Street protagonist.

I don't know enough about Edward Elric's personaltiy to say whether or not he'd be able to overpower Freddy in the dream world, but honestly most action shounen protagonists are either low baggage or good at coping with said baggage.

I understand where you are coming from but those characters that I mentioned in a "fanfiction sense" wouldn`t be able to fit but they can be worked into a story surrounded scenario that is special and well suited to them. I would still like to see how the interactions would go in regards to Freddy and those characters not only a battle but a conversation taking place within the setting of a crossover. Point Man and Paxtor theoretically could enter into his world via an established psychic link. Also Sora, Luigi, Torque, Kratos and Crash are traditional protagonist type characters maybe not how NOES`s story elements are applied but I think they would fit in pretty well especially Sora and Luigi.

Good point but I think Freddy would try to use his past against him in an attempt to have him falter a little bit, Accelerator has been through quite a lot before reaching a kind of god level status when awakened, and I think Gabriel would be utilized against him but I can see Accelerator brushing Freddy off and disrespecting him and I agree, I don`t think Accelerator would be scared but maybe a little curious as to how the dream world works however with his ability to manipulate vectors I think he would figure it out without having to try.

I agree, Rin would probably be intimidated however he has proven himself before when it comes to having a good mental defense as shown when Usumaro attempted to invade his mind and manipulate his memories (the second time around if I`m not mistaken). And I think Rin`s blue flames will factor in somewhere considering Freddy isn`t too fond of fire and I could see the flames being responsible for waking him up from his sleep. I agree, like the Matrix, Sword Art Online, ALfheim Online, Gun Gale Online and Soul Translator are devices that delve deep into the mind as well as the subconscious similar to how the Dream World operates. Kirito would probably be very OP within the Dream World and a fight between him and Freddy would be epic, and I agree he would be an exceptional NOES protagonist.

Edward is an alchemist I think he would figure out that his fight with Freddy is taking place within the Dream World he`s pretty clever and I think he would be an awesome lucid dreamer. Also that is a good point and I agree but it is by no means an absolute it really depends on the type of character.

I really like your opinion and perspective how do you see these characters` fight with Freddy going? And do you think he would fear any of these characters?

Eren Jaegar (Attack on Titan)

Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler)

Danny Phantom

Generator Rex

Ben 10

Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Shadow the Hedgehog

Hei (Darker Than Black)

Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Light Yagami (Death Note)

Alucard (Hellsing)

Ganta Igarashi (Deadman Wonderland)

Harry Potter

Voldemort

Samurai Jack

Zatch Bell

Inuyasha

Yoh Asakura

The Doctor (Dr Who)

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best beings to fight freddy is anyone who has lacks fear and has control over their mind.

No Caption Provided

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: "Also Sora, Luigi, Torque, Kratos and Crash are traditional protagonist type characters maybe not how NOES`s story elements are applied but I think they would fit in pretty well especially Sora and Luigi."--- They aren't really traditional protagonist types at all, except for Sora anyhow. They especially are not 'horror' protagonists.

Accelerator may have a lot of baggage, but bringing it up is more likely to piss him off than scare him.

Eren Yeager would die in the dream world. He has way too many emotional issues.

Sebastian would make Freddy piss himself.

Danny Phantom would struggle with Freddy over the course of a season before he'd ultimately prevail. I don't think Freddy would be scared of Danny though.

Don't know who generator rex is.

Ben 10 would probably die. He uses a device to get his powers, it's not a natural part of him so I don't think he'd have easy access to his powers in the dream world. I have only seen the vanilla series (a long time ago) and I vaguely remember him having a few nightmare sequences. I think Ghostfreak might be able to give Krueger a bit of a trouble though it's in someone else's dream.

Haven't watched Cardcapter Sakura (isn't that shoujo? Is it any good?)

Shadow is too emotional. I think he'd die.

Hei would end up having nightmares involving Rin. He'd die to Freddy if it's just him. That said, if Freddy jumped into Hei's dreams he'd no doubt end up waking up Hei's sister who as a contractor has no emotions or fears for Freddy to take advantage of. Since she has so much control over electricity that she was able to imbed her own thoughts into Hei, I'd suspect she'd crush Freddy pretty easily.

Light Yagami would probably die. Being too logical can hinder your ability to dream warp (I say this from experience). The corrupted version of Light Yagami may not be scared, but I don't think he'd be able to best Freddy in a dream battle.

Ganta's pretty wimpy, he'd die.

Harry Potter has plenty of fears, he'd die in the dream world without preparation (I would suspect that there are elixir's that could help with lucid dreaming in the Harry Potter world)

Voldemort is a joke. I can't take him seriously. Freddy would shred him. Freddy would probably turn into Harry Potter.

Samurai Jack would conquer his fears and beat Freddy, I don't think Freddy would be scared of him though.

Freddy would be scared of Inuyasha.

Zatch Bell would die, he's pretty wimpy for a demon.

I have only seen a few episodes of Shaman King, but he seems like the type of character to turn the nightmare on to Freddy.

I don't watch Doctor Who

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto:

"Also Sora, Luigi, Torque, Kratos and Crash are traditional protagonist type characters maybe not how NOES`s story elements are applied but I think they would fit in pretty well especially Sora and Luigi."--- They aren't really traditional protagonist types at all, except for Sora anyhow. They especially are not 'horror' protagonists.

They are not typical protagonists but they are protagonists in the traditional sense and Luigi has been involved in fear type situations as shown in the Luigi Mansion games and even Mario & Luigi: Dream Team showcases dream world related elements and the others could still work but I understand where you are coming from.

Accelerator may have a lot of baggage, but bringing it up is more likely to piss him off than scare him.

I agree.

Eren Yeager would die in the dream world. He has way too many emotional issues.

Probably but I wonder if his Titan Form would activate as a sort of reflex in regards to him waking up from his sleep.

Sebastian would make Freddy piss himself.

I agree and it would be pretty awesome seeing Freddy cower lol. How do you see the fight and dialogue going though and do you think Freddy could use Laevateinn (the demon sword) or Ciel as a way to get to Sebastian?

Danny Phantom would struggle with Freddy over the course of a season before he'd ultimately prevail. I don't think Freddy would be scared of Danny though.

I agree although he did end up beating Nocturne who is far superior to Freddy when it comes to being a dream type character. I don`t think Freddy would be scared but he would be intimidated to some small extent due to underestimating Danny and getting overpowered in the Dream World. And I think Danny`s gear would work such as the Fenton Thermos, and etc. Freddy in essence is a ghost, phantom or specter although in the literal sense he is just a human who has become a host to the dream demons.

Don't know who generator rex is.

Fair enough. If you like Ben 10 you will like Generator Rex (although I prefer Generator Rex).

Ben 10 would probably die. He uses a device to get his powers, it's not a natural part of him so I don't think he'd have easy access to his powers in the dream world. I have only seen the vanilla series (a long time ago) and I vaguely remember him having a few nightmare sequences. I think Ghostfreak might be able to give Krueger a bit of a trouble though it's in someone else's dream.

Well, Ben has traveled to different worlds and dimensions before although the Dream World is unique also the Omnitrix probably would manifest within the Dream World and it won`t let him die which is another canon characteristic that has been created for it later in the series. If Ben realizes he is dreaming (which he probably would) he could at least conjure up the Omnitrix and turn into an alien just as long as he is confident when it comes to being in control and I agree.

Haven't watched Cardcapter Sakura (isn't that shoujo? Is it any good?)

Yeah, its pretty awesome it has a really good story and the Lore/Mythos is really cool as well.

Shadow is too emotional. I think he'd die.

I think standard Shadow would be in trouble but he did get over Maria`s death also he is very confident and is very aware of things that are happening around him. Freddy could use Sonic against him and maybe his history being a creation but Shadow would remain in control IMO.

Hei would end up having nightmares involving Rin. He'd die to Freddy if it's just him. That said, if Freddy jumped into Hei's dreams he'd no doubt end up waking up Hei's sister who as a contractor has no emotions or fears for Freddy to take advantage of.

I agree but Hei doesn`t really have any emotions either he does set up a new kind of standard for the other contractors as he does seem to be a little bit more human but at the end of the day what really ends with him as a character is the fact that he is still a contractor as he lacks any emotive or empathetic expression I think he could take Freddy with his supernatural abilities.

Light Yagami would probably die. Being too logical can hinder your ability to dream warp (I say this from experience). The corrupted version of Light Yagami may not be scared, but I don't think he'd be able to best Freddy in a dream battle.

I agree. I wonder how Ryuk would respond to the situation, and imagine if Freddy were to get the Death Note..

Ganta's pretty wimpy, he'd die.

Good point but he can put up a fight.

Harry Potter has plenty of fears, he'd die in the dream world without preparation (I would suspect that there are elixir's that could help with lucid dreaming in the Harry Potter world)

But he does end up overcoming them as he overcomes the odds and I think sleeping potions exist within the Harry Potter universe, Snape probably has some lying around in his potion cabinet. Occlumency may also end up playing a part in the whole thing.

Voldemort is a joke. I can't take him seriously. Freddy would shred him. Freddy would probably turn into Harry Potter.

I think the interaction would still be epic in a way. Probably considering magic won`t be enough even in the Dream World although I don`t think Voldermort would be scared of Freddy maybe overtime he would but I wonder if he would be aware to the point that he would know that he is dreaming.

Samurai Jack would conquer his fears and beat Freddy, I don't think Freddy would be scared of him though.

I agree.

Freddy would be scared of Inuyasha.

Do you have any reasons why? Couldn`t Freddy use Kagome, Kikyo, Naraku, his mom or any of his friends to get to him? I think if Inuyasha were to go into his demon form then Freddy would be scared.

Zatch Bell would die, he's pretty wimpy for a demon.

As a Mamodo he has shown courageousness on a couple of occasions and I don`t think he would fear Freddy for long.

I have only seen a few episodes of Shaman King, but he seems like the type of character to turn the nightmare on to Freddy.

I could see that happening.

I don't watch Doctor Who

Fair enough.

Are there any other characters that you would like to see Freddy interact with who are not particularly related to the dream world or anything like it?

I think Mewtwo vs Freddy would be interesting or Freddy vs Gaara (Part I). Also what about Alucard (Hellsing) and Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave:

"I agree but Hei doesn`t really have any emotions either he does set up a new kind of standard for the other contractors as he does seem to be a little bit more human but at the end of the day what really ends with him as a character is the fact that he is still a contractor as he lacks any emotive or empathetic expression I think he could take Freddy with his supernatural abilities."

Wrong. He's pretending. His stoic front is completely fake. He's not a contractor, his sister is the contractor and he is able to access her powers. He's not an emotionless killing machine no matter how much he pretends that he is.

"Do you have any reasons why? Couldn`t Freddy use Kagome, Kikyo, Naraku, his mom or any of his friends to get to him? I think if Inuyasha were to go into his demon form then Freddy would be scared."--- Which would probably result in him going berserk mode. Freddy would fear Inuyasha for the same reason he'd fear Sebastian. Even if not quite as sadistic as Sebastian, Inuyasha is still the bigger demon.

"As a Mamodo he has shown courageousness on a couple of occasions and I don`t think he would fear Freddy for long."--- His courage is all related to protecting his friends. I don't think he would be able to handle the type of isolation Freddy would put him through.

"I wonder if his Titan Form would activate as a sort of reflex in regards to him waking up from his sleep."--- I am pretty sure all the titans are dreaming. So the titan form won't help him at all.

"How do you see the fight and dialogue going though and do you think Freddy could use Laevateinn (the demon sword) or Ciel as a way to get to Sebastian?"--- No. Sebastian cares about Ciel about as much as someone cares about their favorite car. Freddy may try to use Ciel or Leviathan, but he'd very quickly realize that he's way in over his head.

"Good point but he can put up a fight."--- Nah, no matter how powerful you are if you aren't confident that what you do will work, it won't. That's why Freddy can bounce back from getting blasted with lightning, but runs away when stabbed in the eye by a piece of glass. Ganta just won't have that confidence.

---------------------------------

Yuno Gasai, the Joker, Hannibal Lecter, and Deadpool. I would LOVE to see Freddy Kruger get lost in their heads. Eucilwood might also be entertaining.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto:

Wrong. He's pretending. His stoic front is completely fake. He's not a contractor, his sister is the contractor and he is able to access her powers. He's not an emotionless killing machine no matter how much he pretends that he is.

I never got that vibe from him to be honest in regards to him pretending and while it is true that his abilities are a result of his connection with his sister Bai I always was convinced that he was a very passive and emotionless character which is why he was named the Black Reaper. Hei only converted to this new life style only so that he could save his sister but everything up to that point was all Hei and he became who he was as a result of it.

"Do you have any reasons why? Couldn`t Freddy use Kagome, Kikyo, Naraku, his mom or any of his friends to get to him? I think if Inuyasha were to go into his demon form then Freddy would be scared."--- Which would probably result in him going berserk mode. Freddy would fear Inuyasha for the same reason he'd fear Sebastian. Even if not quite as sadistic as Sebastian, Inuyasha is still the bigger demon.

Good point and I agree.

"As a Mamodo he has shown courageousness on a couple of occasions and I don`t think he would fear Freddy for long."--- His courage is all related to protecting his friends. I don't think he would be able to handle the type of isolation Freddy would put him through.

That is true but I think if Freddy were to use Kiyo against him it would force him to muster up a form of courage against Freddy who makes the mistake of toying with his victims and Zatch has been through a lot and has endured through a lot.

"I wonder if his Titan Form would activate as a sort of reflex in regards to him waking up from his sleep."--- I am pretty sure all the titans are dreaming. So the titan form won't help him at all.

That`s assumptive at best. There`s a chance that Freddy could provoke Eren into transforming into his titan form.

"How do you see the fight and dialogue going though and do you think Freddy could use Laevateinn (the demon sword) or Ciel as a way to get to Sebastian?"--- No. Sebastian cares about Ciel about as much as someone cares about their favorite car. Freddy may try to use Ciel or Leviathan, but he'd very quickly realize that he's way in over his head.

Probably and Sebastian would probably see right through Freddy`s tricks as well.

"Good point but he can put up a fight."--- Nah, no matter how powerful you are if you aren't confident that what you do will work, it won't. That's why Freddy can bounce back from getting blasted with lightning, but runs away when stabbed in the eye by a piece of glass. Ganta just won't have that confidence.

True but that also depends on how Freddy chooses to approach his opponents as well he could also make a couple of mistakes along the way such as underestimating Ganta.

Yuno Gasai, the Joker, Hannibal Lecter, and Deadpool. I would LOVE to see Freddy Kruger get lost in their heads. Eucilwood might also be entertaining.

That would be awesome :)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: "never got that vibe from him to be honest in regards to him pretending and while it is true that his abilities are a result of his connection with his sister Bai I always was convinced that he was a very passive and emotionless character which is why he was named the Black Reaper. Hei only converted to this new life style only so that he could save his sister but everything up to that point was all Hei and he became who he was as a result of it."--- The fact that he was only faking his lack of emotions was 't just a "vibe" it was a pretty important theme in the story that was explored at several points.

By the way, is Car Captor Sakura better than Tsubasa Chronicles? I really wanted to like Tsubasa, but I got bored around episode 20 something and ended up dropping it.It was just so slow... It was a really long time ago though, so maybe I'll give it another try.

"Freddy chooses to approach his opponents as well he could also make a couple of mistakes along the way such as underestimating Ganta."--- Doesn't matter how much he underestimates Ganta, what matters is whether or not Ganta underestimates himself.

-------

I also forgot Nyaruko-san. Freddy would be so lost in her head. It's kind of funny because she's every bit as psycho as Yuno Gasai but no one classifies her as yandere because she's only killed non-humanoid aliens.

Another interesting match up would be Keita Kawahira from Inukami. He's an exorcist with an extremely crippling fear. His worst nightmare is his love interest (a shapeshifter) having his umm... Puppies? rofl...

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

"never got that vibe from him to be honest in regards to him pretending and while it is true that his abilities are a result of his connection with his sister Bai I always was convinced that he was a very passive and emotionless character which is why he was named the Black Reaper. Hei only converted to this new life style only so that he could save his sister but everything up to that point was all Hei and he became who he was as a result of it."--- The fact that he was only faking his lack of emotions was 't just a "vibe" it was a pretty important theme in the story that was explored at several points.

That is true but isn`t the only theme that is prevalent within the series. Also Hei being a contractor is something that became more connected to his character over the course of the series being cold and calculating is something that began to become true to his character despite what was being implied.

By the way, is Car Captor Sakura better than Tsubasa Chronicles? I really wanted to like Tsubasa, but I got bored around episode 20 something and ended up dropping it.It was just so slow... It was a really long time ago though, so maybe I'll give it another try.

I agree like Yu Yu Hakusho, Tsubasa Chronicles can be very slow when it comes to pacing but it is a really good series that I recommend if you like Kingdom Hearts you`ll like Tsubasa and the mythos is really good considering the Lore is linked to Cardcaptor Sakura due to the Sakura character. However, the series does have a few twists and turns when it comes to tone it is a very unpredictable story as well.

"Freddy chooses to approach his opponents as well he could also make a couple of mistakes along the way such as underestimating Ganta."--- Doesn't matter how much he underestimates Ganta, what matters is whether or not Ganta underestimates himself.

True.

I also forgot Nyaruko-san. Freddy would be so lost in her head. It's kind of funny because she's every bit as psycho as Yuno Gasai but no one classifies her as yandere because she's only killed non-humanoid aliens.

Lol, I could see that happening this would happen with the majority of crazy/zany type characters. I think Freddy vs the Mask would be pretty funny just to see The Mask really get to Freddy on all levels while being crazy and silly about it.

Another interesting match up would be Keita Kawahira from Inukami. He's an exorcist with an extremely crippling fear. His worst nightmare is his love interest (a shapeshifter) having his umm... Puppies? rofl...

I agree :)

How do you see Freddy vs The Joker going? I recently read a really awesome deviantart/fanfiction/death battle.

I would also like to see Freddy vs Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul).

Freddy vs Jio Freed.

Freddy vs Zim (Invader Zim).

Avatar image for masterofluck123
MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't think that he was notorious enough to get a debunk thread. Well-made thread, by the way.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By dawnone

Nice job I personally don't care for Freddy but it's always nice when misinformation gets clarified.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave:

"How do you see Freddy vs The Joker going? I recently read a really awesome deviantart/fanfiction/death battle."

Freddy would confront the Joker in a pitchblack world. The joker would be carrying a candle, the only source of light in the entire world. As Freddy Krueger closes in for the kill, the joker would blow the candle out and disappear leaving Freddy lost in that darkness for eternity.

"In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly a small light glowed, a candle flickered into life. Symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."----- Joker

Ken Kenneki

Kenneki is just a super agile Jason with tentacles. He's already beaten a Jason expy character, and the Kenneki was way too cold to be bothered by any fears Joker might be able to dig up. Kenneki was in the stage where if it threatens you or anyone you care about, you kill it... the end. Krueger's claws can't even pierce Kenneki's skin.

I don't know anything about invader zim.

Oh, Freddy Krueger in Nanami Yasuri's head lol. She'd be able to copy his lucid dreaming abilities. I can just imagine it ending with him tied to a tree.

"I hope I'm doing this right. I don't know much about torture. I do however, know quite a bit about child discipline. You see, my little brother had this nasty habit of biting on his nails. I kept telling him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. His fingers would get ragged and bloody all the time. So one day, I ripped them out one by one. He never chewed his nails again."

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Freddy would confront the Joker in a pitchblack world. The joker would be carrying a candle, the only source of light in the entire world. As Freddy Krueger closes in for the kill, the joker would blow the candle out and disappear leaving Freddy lost in that darkness for eternity.

"In my dream the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly a small light glowed, a candle flickered into life. Symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."----- Joker

I could definitely see that happening and I remember that awesome quote from the Joker but his dreams could vary as well maybe Freddy would find a distorted version of the Batman in Joker`s mind.

Kenneki is just a super agile Jason with tentacles. He's already beaten a Jason expy character, and the Kenneki was way too cold to be bothered by any fears Joker might be able to dig up. Kenneki was in the stage where if it threatens you or anyone you care about, you kill it... the end. Krueger's claws can't even pierce Kenneki's skin.

I agree.

I don't know anything about invader zim.

Fair enough but I think you would like the series its pretty unique for a cartoon especially a Nickelodeon one.

Oh, Freddy Krueger in Nanami Yasuri's head lol. She'd be able to copy his lucid dreaming abilities. I can just imagine it ending with him tied to a tree.

Lol, that probably would happen.

"I hope I'm doing this right. I don't know much about torture. I do however, know quite a bit about child discipline. You see, my little brother had this nasty habit of biting on his nails. I kept telling him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. His fingers would get ragged and bloody all the time. So one day, I ripped them out one by one. He never chewed his nails again."

Yeah, Freddy`s screwed.

I think another cool fight would be Freddy vs Jimmy Kudo but Jimmy would need prep.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: How about Freddy fighting with this guy:

Loading Video...

Another interesting interaction would be Freddy and my Avatar:

No Caption Provided

I'd love to see Freddy in Oz's head before Oz got his memories and powers back (with his powers, it would be no contest. Oz would be able to delete his existence, even in the dream world). Oz is basically a demon who is possessing a human body but thinks he's a completely ordinary human. What makes this interesting is that if Freddy were to jump into his dreams, he'd have to deal with 2 people, and it's completely debatable which one is more dangerous; the demon or the human host.

1) Oz B Rabbit. Without his powers, he's an extremely apathetic child who struggles with his limited range of emotions. He recognizes that there is something wrong with him, and covers it up by adopting an exaggeratedly up beat and positive personality despite being an extreme nihilist on the inside. Before the big reveal of who/what he actually is, a lot of characters were outright disturbed at his ability to see horrible things and move on like nothing's wrong. To put an example, he just got banished into hell and was almost eaten by a giant evil doll; but it's okay, he just found some cookies... He's also pretty unstable and once you set him off, he's downright terrifying. Also, he can somehow drain someone's willpower by whispering something obscure into their ear (this is completely unrelated to his demonic powers). Just imagine him doing this to Freddy:

Loading Video...

2) Then there is Jack.. The actual owner of the body. He's a charismatic, manipulative mastermind; and obsessive yandere psychopath who once tried to plunge the entire world into the abyss so that the woman he was in love with wouldn't be lonely (she was sacrificed to the core of the abyss). He even tried to murder his best friend (also the brother of the woman he was in love with) in order to do it. What's most impressive is that despite his existence fading slowly, he's not only able to retake his body; he can even take control of Oz's powers. Yes, that's right. He's an ordinary human that can beat a demon at the body-snatching game.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto:

How about Freddy fighting with this guy:

It would be an interesting fight from what I can tell and from what I know of Law of Talos :)

Another interesting interaction would be Freddy and my Avatar:

I agree :)

I'd love to see Freddy in Oz's head before Oz got his memories and powers back (with his powers, it would be no contest. Oz would be able to delete his existence, even in the dream world). Oz is basically a demon who is possessing a human body but thinks he's a completely ordinary human. What makes this interesting is that if Freddy were to jump into his dreams, he'd have to deal with 2 people, and it's completely debatable which one is more dangerous; the demon or the human host.

I could see Freddy getting nervous too once he delves deep into Oz`s head he would be pretty threatened considering the opponents he usually goes up against are just regular teenagers with fears and phobias (Ash and Jason by definition are the only exceptions) but once he jumps into Oz`s mind he would come to understand that Oz isn`t some regular person and is actually more dangerous than he is.

1) Oz B Rabbit. Without his powers, he's an extremely apathetic child who struggles with his limited range of emotions. He recognizes that there is something wrong with him, and covers it up by adopting an exaggeratedly up beat and positive personality despite being an extreme nihilist on the inside. Before the big reveal of who/what he actually is, a lot of characters were outright disturbed at his ability to see horrible things and move on like nothing's wrong. To put an example, he just got banished into hell and was almost eaten by a giant evil doll; but it's okay, he just found some cookies... He's also pretty unstable and once you set him off, he's downright terrifying. Also, he can somehow drain someone's willpower by whispering something obscure into their ear (this is completely unrelated to his demonic powers). Just imagine him doing this to Freddy:

Pandora Hearts is awesome =D

And I agree, Oz is even more sadistic and menacing than Freddy is. I don`t even think Freddy would want to go into his mind there`s a chance that he wouldn`t be able to escape and would just be horrified by what is lurking in that plane. And it would be funny considering Freddy likes to break down people`s will but to have it done back on him would be very awesome and I would like to see that happen.

2) Then there is Jack.. The actual owner of the body. He's a charismatic, manipulative mastermind; and obsessive yandere psychopath who once tried to plunge the entire world into the abyss so that the woman he was in love with wouldn't be lonely (she was sacrificed to the core of the abyss). He even tried to murder his best friend (also the brother of the woman he was in love with) in order to do it. What's most impressive is that despite his existence fading slowly, he's not only able to retake his body; he can even take control of Oz's powers. Yes, that's right. He's an ordinary human that can beat a demon at the body-snatching game.

Freddy is done for lol.

For me other interactions I would like to see is as followed:

Ai Enma (Hell Girl)
Ai Enma (Hell Girl)
Johann Liebert (Monster)
Johann Liebert (Monster)

Jimmy Kudo (Case Closed)
Jimmy Kudo (Case Closed)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Death the Kid (Soul Eater)
Death the Kid (Soul Eater)
Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
Zeref Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
Zeref Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
Rei Ogami (Code: Breaker)
Rei Ogami (Code: Breaker)
Guts (Berserk)
Guts (Berserk)
Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Aizen (Bleach)
Aizen (Bleach)
Beet (Beet the Vandel Buster)
Beet (Beet the Vandel Buster)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Have you read Pandora Hearts or just watched the anime?

What non-powered characters do you think could beat Freddy?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: Have you read Pandora Hearts or just watched the anime?

What non-powered characters do you think could beat Freddy?

I read the manga but I haven`t watched the anime yet (I will soon).

Someone like Martin Mystery could defeat Freddy even if Freddy has more going for him I see Freddy as a street level character with capabilities that only can go as far as the fear allows in regards to the opponents he is facing.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GG

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I have never heard of Martin Mystery lol. You know some weird cartoons xD

How do you think a fight between Freddy and Jonathon Crane would work out? Also, do you think YOU could beat Freddy?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto said:

@neongamewave: I have never heard of Martin Mystery lol. You know some weird cartoons xD

How do you think a fight between Freddy and Jonathon Crane would work out? Also, do you think YOU could beat Freddy?

Its a pretty awesome show, I think you would like it :)

Cool question =D

The way I see that fight going is that Crane would be able to win if he were to prepare I think he would be able to overpower Freddy within the dream world and pretty easily too. But I don`t think he would be able to win in a random encounter considering despite being the one to inspire fear he still at the end of day is a human being who can fear which means Freddy can inspire fear in him and his equipment wouldn`t apply that well within the dream world even if he did realize it was a dream I`m pretty sure Freddy would be able to use something to his advantage before Crane realized it was a dream as Batman himself has been able to inspire fear in him (quite a number of times) so Freddy would probably turn into Batman and manipulate Crane`s mind from the point in time he began his work at Arkham Asylum to the time in which he became the Scarecrow in conjunction with his meeting with Batman he would twist every confrontation that they ever had as enemies.

Interesting question.

The thing with me is that my sleeping patterns are off sometimes I do dream but most of the time I do not dream at all and when I realize that I am in a dream like for example I just woke up recently and the dream that I was in went by pretty fast (I don`t think I`m lucid dreaming though) but I don`t feel any fear or anything. And I`ve never really been scared maybe I feel unsettled and uncomfortable but nothing too unnatural. I also seem to dream multiple times without knowing what is really go on like I would go from one dream to the next as my dreams can be all over the place as well but if Freddy were to hop into my dreams he would probably be able to use some of my fears against me but I wouldn`t be afraid I don`t think but there`s a chance that he would encounter somebody else in the dream, something scarier than him considering I have self-awareness and self-knowledge and its because of that my mind would counter Freddy on its own. I`m also very imaginative (creativity in a way is my specialty as I am more creative than I am logical) so there`s also a chance that my mind would be too much for him considering how many thoughts I have in my mind on a daily basis and how much information I decide to take in lol. The fight would be a long one and I might end up losing if I were to give in to any of my fears but one thing that I could also see happening is music itself being some kind of a factor during the fight I listen to music a lot and its who I am sometimes so within the dream world I think music would be a type of superpower, and I could use it in creative ways but there is an advantage that I will always have and that is the fact that I would know more about Freddy than he would know about me although along the way he would learn more about me due to having access to my mind (if I let him). I can get scared or feel fear sometimes during a dream but it`s on and off, also the chances of me actually acknowledging anything during the dream isn`t really high and I think I would recognize that something is off about the dream or even come to the conclusion that Freddy is behind it and I think other feelings would play into it as well, Freddy would probably try to provoke me and a lot of other emotions would be emphasized because of that mistake instead of fear it would be something else in its place. Sometimes I think I have a single unique fear (just the feeling of it) that is based around a few fears which tie into human nature its natural for me to get startled and nervous but in actuality I`m probably not that afraid only my mind is telling me that I am and I`m listening to it, I think I can be more curious and oblivious than I am afraid sometimes. And there`s also a chance that I would use Freddy`s own fears against him as well. There`s probably more to it but the way I think and the way I sleep makes the answer to the question a little less linear when it comes to overall line of reasoning. However, if the fight were to enter into the real world then I would be able to win without too much trouble and there would be more manipulation on my side of things.

This is a really interesting topic now I want to ask you how would your fight with Freddy go in the dream world and in the real world? Also do you agree with me in regards to Freddy vs Crane?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I don't know much about Crane outside of Batman Begins, but from what I saw of that version; he would most certainly lose to Freddy Krueger. He's fascinated by fear in many ways because he feels fear himself. While I think he'd react to Freddy's nightmare better than most, it doesn't seem like he has any method of fighting back that would come natural enough for him to use it in a dream. That said, I could see him studying the Elm Street children, and jumping into one of their dreams on accident and having a confrontation with Freddy there. I feel like he'd initially have an advantage and even seem like the hero, until his sadistic tendencies turn on his "patients" and that's when it goes to hell for him.

"The thing with me is that my sleeping patterns are off sometimes I"

Umm... Yea... I... I didn't get all that... rofl

Anyways, most people have multiple dreams per night. They seem hazy and short because you don't remember them.

"how would your fight with Freddy go in the dream world and in the real world?"

Well, as I said in my other thread, a pretty good portion of my dreams are in omniscient POV. There wouldn't be much of a fight with Freddy because he wouldn't be able to find or touch me. He might be able to kill the "characters" that I am viewing, but other than that, there's nothing he can do to me. More than that, he'd have to deal with all the monsters that already plague my dreams.

That's not to say I never dream in first person. I do have plenty those, so he can certainly come after me in one of those dreams. However, the problem is I literally cannot dream emotions. Apathy is probably the most recurring element in all of my dreams. No matter how dark or disturbing my dream world gets, I never feel anything. I have even had cases of sleep paralysis where I wake up and there is something floating above me, and I still don't feel any fear; I just stare at it. It's easy for me to recognize a dream as most of my dream worlds have no semblance of real world architecture or even real world physics for that matter (up or down depends on where you are standing).

Now, one thing Freddy has going for him is that tools in my dreams often don't work; cars don't start, and guns don't shoot. Furthermore without emotions, my instincts of self-preservation aren't always at their highest. Sometimes I'll be running from a monster and after a while I get bored of running and simply turn around and wait for whatever is chasing to get me. That said, I will react aggressively if the opportunity presents itself, and pulling random objects out of the air and conveniently finding doors whenever I need them is easy. Also, there is no such thing as fall damage so knocking me off a building or out a window just won't do.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I don't know much about Crane outside of Batman Begins, but from what I saw of that version; he would most certainly lose to Freddy Krueger. He's fascinated by fear in many ways because he feels fear himself. While I think he'd react to Freddy's nightmare better than most, it doesn't seem like he has any method of fighting back that would come natural enough for him to use it in a dream. That said, I could see him studying the Elm Street children, and jumping into one of their dreams on accident and having a confrontation with Freddy there. I feel like he'd initially have an advantage and even seem like the hero, until his sadistic tendencies turn on his "patients" and that's when it goes to hell for him.

I see, and I could see that happening it would be an interesting scenario for me the way I looked at it was from the comics but Crane would definitely win with some form of prep he`s good at analyzing and application he would be catch onto lucid dreaming pretty easily.

Umm... Yea... I... I didn't get all that... rofl

Lol. In other words what I meant was that my sleeping patterns are unpredictable and do not follow any pattern.

Anyways, most people have multiple dreams per night. They seem hazy and short because you don't remember them.

True.

Well, as I said in my other thread, a pretty good portion of my dreams are in omniscient POV. There wouldn't be much of a fight with Freddy because he wouldn't be able to find or touch me. He might be able to kill the "characters" that I am viewing, but other than that, there's nothing he can do to me. More than that, he'd have to deal with all the monsters that already plague my dreams.

Good point, but there`s a chance he could enter into your POV but that`s debatable however your probably right he wouldn`t be able to do anything of any significance.

That's not to say I never dream in first person. I do have plenty those, so he can certainly come after me in one of those dreams. However, the problem is I literally cannot dream emotions. Apathy is probably the most recurring element in all of my dreams. No matter how dark or disturbing my dream world gets, I never feel anything. I have even had cases of sleep paralysis where I wake up and there is something floating above me, and I still don't feel any fear; I just stare at it. It's easy for me to recognize a dream as most of my dream worlds have no semblance of real world architecture or even real world physics for that matter (up or down depends on where you are standing).

Same for me (although it can vary from time to time) I just exist within the dream world there`s no living in the dream world. I don`t feel anything and I think I`ve experienced that before although I`m not too sure.

Now, one thing Freddy has going for him is that tools in my dreams often don't work; cars don't start, and guns don't shoot. Furthermore without emotions, my instincts of self-preservation aren't always at their highest. Sometimes I'll be running from a monster and after a while I get bored of running and simply turn around and wait for whatever is chasing to get me. That said, I will react aggressively if the opportunity presents itself, and pulling random objects out of the air and conveniently finding doors whenever I need them is easy. Also, there is no such thing as fall damage so knocking me off a building or out a window just won't do.

Yeah, I think you would do fine against Freddy just as long as you don`t give in any way since he draws his strength from your weaknesses.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: Also, this guy shows up in my head a lot, ever since I was a little kid and played the first Soul Calibur game. No idea how he'd end up interacting with Freddy. All I know is he's fun to hurt and never seems to die.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Female versions have also appeared and sometimes he gets combined with this guy:

Loading Video...

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I remember Voldo, I don`t think he has any fear but Freddy could use his past life against him or Soul Edge just to get to him on a mental level but it probably wouldn`t factor into the fight that much.

I think a cool fight would be Freddy vs Nightmare.

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: "remember Voldo, I don`t think he has any fear but Freddy could use his past life against him or Soul Edge just to get to him on a mental level but it probably wouldn`t factor into the fight that much."---- Well in this case it wouldn't be Freddy vs the real Voldo, it would be Freddy vs a dream creation of mine. Has Freddy ever done that? Had to fight someone who spawned other beings in the dream world?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: "remember Voldo, I don`t think he has any fear but Freddy could use his past life against him or Soul Edge just to get to him on a mental level but it probably wouldn`t factor into the fight that much."---- Well in this case it wouldn't be Freddy vs the real Voldo, it would be Freddy vs a dream creation of mine. Has Freddy ever done that? Had to fight someone who spawned other beings in the dream world?

Pretty much but I think even if Freddy were to fight the actual Voldo he would still have some trouble (to some degree) and that is a good question. I don`t recall Freddy taking on someone like that but I think that fight would mimic or mirror his fights against many of the dream warriors only he would have more trouble and would probably end up losing.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Like how would Freddy handle this girl. She's not real, so no matter how many times Freddy kills her, she'll just keep coming back until he takes out Cobb

No Caption Provided

Then there's this guy, who has an army of characters that automatically attack any invaders:

Robert Fischer
Robert Fischer

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NeonGameWave

@zetsumoto:

I actually really want to see a Inception/Nightmare on Elm Street crossover I even made a versus thread between Freddy and Cobb at one point. I think Freddy would lose to the Inception team he would end up getting outsmarted and none of them really showcased fear, Cobb is the only one who you could make an argument for in regards to fear and etc., due to his past problems but nothing really fear related ever happened to him or any of the other characters they were certain and confident when it came to dreaming and their lucid dreaming was superior to what the dream warriors showcased they even managed to avoid Limbo (which on its own could arguably be more dangerous than Freddy).

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zetsu-San

@neongamewave: I don't fully understand how limbo works. Does the person just go into a coma/never wake up, or is it just a spooky ghost story that got blown out of proportion? Like, do they actually know Cobb is the only one to escape Limbo? Maybe plenty of people do and just don't remember. Maybe it feels like an infinitely long dream when you are in it, but when you finally do decide to leave you realize slept a normal amount of time.