TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheVivas
"I took an oath. To fight for peace."

This thread will be devoted to covering the feats displayed from the Warden in the Story Mode for the new fighting game, For Honor. I originally thought this couldn't be possible because I wasn't aware there was a Story Mode until I got the game (I played but it was on the Beta), and after finishing the Knight part of the Story only a few hours ago, I decided to make a thread devoted to basically the main character of the Knight storyline.

Although a lot of his feats are basically fighting his way through fodder, I will be putting "****" in front of the feats that actually showcase the Warden defeating a skilled and difficult enemy.

Accolades/Skill Set

The Warden is a master of the longsword:

"The Wardens. Members of an ancient order, fallen into dust. Sworn to defend the weak. Masters of the longsword."

-- Source: For Honor Trailer: The Warden

Prior to the last Knight mission where you attack the Viking stronghold Sverngard, the Warden claims that it's not the first time he's sacked a fortress, suggesting he has experience in doing so:

"It was hardly my first time sacking a fortress. Why did it bother me?"

No Caption Provided

-- Source: For Honor story mode part 6 - Knight's chapter: Wolves among sheep

The execution called "Guts Then Chop", where the Warden cuts down on an enemy to his upper chest area, pulls the sword out, and then swings around and decapitates said enemy:

No Caption Provided

The execution called "Hilt Strike", where the Warden strikes down on an enemy similarly to the above execution, but after he pulls his sword out, he then flips it around and uses the handle/pommel to strike down on the shoulder and neck area to finish said enemy:

No Caption Provided

The execution called "Backhand Strike", where the Warden strikes down on an enemy towards the middle of his/her chest, steps closer to shoulder bump the enemy, and after they start to back away from the blade, he grabs the blade and swings it around so the pommel connects with said enemy's temple and finishes them:

No Caption Provided

The execution called "Spinning Decapitation", where the Warden cuts into the neck of an enemy, spins around, and uses that momentum to cut off the head of said enemy:

No Caption Provided

Knight's Chapter: Warlords and Cowards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQhdvO2Atc

[3:45 to 5:44] - The Warden defeats one of the Blackstone Legion's Knights.

[5:50 to 6:34] - The Warden defeats a total of four Blackstone Legion Knights one after the other with little to no rest in between.

[6:52 to 7:19] - The Warden mowes through Blackstone soldiers (not Knights, just your regular infantry soldiers) to clear the courtyard of the castle he was defending.

[7:36 to 7:50] - The Warden defeats a single, more heavily armed Blackstone Legion Knight in single combat.

[7:50 to 8:10] - The Warden defeats two more Blackstone Legion Knights and about three or four soldiers.

[9:56 to 10:38] - The Warden defeats three Blackstone Legion Knights and about three soldiers.

[10:56 to 11:08] - The Warden aim-dodges arrows fired at him from less than 40 feet away. He did have the help of hiding behind cover, however.

[12:03 to 12:47] - The Warden defends the courtyard from invading soldiers and Blackstone Legion Knights until the Blackstone Legion's battering ram breaks through the large wooden door.

****[12:54 to 16:51] - The Warden defeats Holden Cross' second-in-command, which means the Knight had to garner obvious skill throughout many battlefields. Despite not even being Warden Daubeny's actual second-in-command but rather just the closest Knight to him, the Warden defeats Cross' second and is knighted into the Blackstone Legion because of that victory.

For context as to how strong the Blackstone Legion is as a whole, they were able to defeat the Iron Legion who was stated to be the strongest Legion in the land.

"The Iron Legion is made up of many smaller legions. The lion was the symbol of the Regal Legion. They were strong once. Now, they have fallen to Blackstone might."

-- Source: For Honor story mode part 1 - Knight's chapter: Warlords and cowards

And yet here is a screenshot of the Warden claiming that the Iron Legion is the greatest among the many Legions:

No Caption Provided

-- Source: For Honor story mode part 2 - Knight's chapter: And stay out

Knight's Chapter: And Stay Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4jI9Y6OLI4

After being knighted into the Blackstone Legion, the Warden is sent to reinforce the Iron Legion at Ashfeld. Despite the Iron Legion being touted as the strongest Legion out of the many Legions, they were being pushed back by the Vikings that were attacking. In response, the Warden was as back up and managed to not only halt the Viking invasion but also drive them out. Commander Stone requested an army from the Blackstone Legion, but because the Warden's skills were praised that much, Holden Cross saw it fit to only send him. I included this first because it basically encompasses the whole video/mission.

[1:00 to 2:00] - The Warden pushes back numerous Viking soldiers in order for the Iron Legion's troops to move forward.

[2:30 to 4:36] - The Warden defeats five Viking soldiers and a Berserker all by himself. He then defeats the archers that were stationed up on the ledge to give the Iron Legion's ground troops safety from their volleys. The player actually dies the first time around, but the Warden canonically defeats all of them in order to help his troops advance.

[4:59 to 6:05] - The Warden defeats even more Viking soldiers and another Berserker, and does so all by himself again.

[6:55 to 7:45] - The Warden defeats three Viking archers, a stronger Viking soldier, and another Berserker.

****[9:15 to 10:22] - The Warden defeats a Valkyrie in single combat.

Knight's Chapter: The Blackstone Legion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7A1w6ti68

[1:43 to 2:45] - The Warden and Commander Stone defeat four Viking soldiers.

[4:07 to 4:55] - The Warden goes on ahead without Commander Stone to clear the old outpost himself, basically. First he crosses a bridge over a small lava stream and defeats four Viking warriors as he makes his entrance into the outpost.

[4:57 to 5:43] - The Warden immediately fights another three Viking warriors and defeats them as well.

[6:10 to 7:00] - The Warden defeats four more Viking warriors on his way to confront their Commander.

****[7:34 to 8:21] - The Warden defeats the Viking Commander of the outpost, a Warlord, in single combat.

[9:02 to 9:21] - The Warden is able to defeat a renegade Iron Legion Peacekeeper after she tried to ambush him and Commander Cross.

[9:25 to 10:20] - The Warden and Commander Cross defeat about five Viking soldiers and two Viking warriors. I'm using the term "warriors" for the stronger Viking soldiers, meaning not the fodder troops.

****[11:30 to 14:44] - The Warden and Commander Cross defeat nine Iron Legion Knights that deserted and abandoned their posts, as well as a Conqueror. The Warden and Cross accomplish this feat despite being surrounded by the Knights in a complete circle.

Knight's Chapter: Wolves Among Sheep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGEH2L3khjs

[2:00 to 12:15] - The Warden defeats numerous Viking soldiers and warriors, which included Raiders and Berserkers, while protecting the Blackstone Legion's battering ram. He was eventually able to defeat enough of the Vikings and protect enough of his own men pushing the battering ram until they reached the main gate to Sverngard.

[12:33 to 12:44] - The Warden pulls out a large crossbolt bolt (larger than himself actually) that was preventing the battering ram from completing is turning mechanism that allowed it to ram the large gates.

****[12:45 to 14:30] - The Warden fights and holds his own against legendary Viking Jarl Gudmundr (from the Warlord class) until the battering ram finishes breaking into the Viking fortress and causes them to separate.

[14:31 to 15:21] - The Warden defeats a Raider in single combat despite being dazed from falling off the Blackstone Legion's battering ram. He was at the top of the ram when he fell, which should have been at least 30 feet.

[15:23 to 14:40] - The Warden, probably still recovering from his fall off the battering ram, defeats a Viking warrior and about 5 soldiers.

[15:46 to 16:04] - The Warden defeats another Viking warrior and about seven soldiers as he pushes his way further into the Viking stronghold.

[16:20 to 16:39] - The Warden defeats a Valkyrie in single combat.

[16:52 to 17:08] - The Warden defeats five archers and a Viking warrior while pushing further into the Viking stronghold.

****[17:38 to 19:38] - The Warden fights against Jarl Gudmundr again but this time has to deal with wolves as well. The Jarl apparently had trained them and have them attack an enemy before he would come and finish them off. The Warden defeats all seven of his wolves and duels him afterwards, only to be separated again by throwing him through a set of doors.

****[20:47 to 23:50] - The Warden defeats Jarl Gudmundr once and for all after chasing him to the end of the stronghold.

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading. Click here to view my other Respect Threads.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Bump