Feats of Thor Without Using His Hammer (PLZ READ OP)

• 153 results
Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alligatian

Hey guys, this is not a RESPECT THOR thread at all or a Killer Movies Rip-Off, I know how Comic Vine is strict with this.

Unlike people (mostly from KCM forums) just posting random scans without referencing the comic they loaded from and not providing scenarios or events that happened in the comic, my post is different.

I am going to load pictures of Thor's feats without using his hammer and no, I am not posting the ones that have been already POSTED IN COMIC VINE. There are scans which have not been posted and I want to share with you guys because the scans I post, I have all the comics of Thor at my disposal and I will gladly give you issue numbers or references if you want. Trust me guys when I tell you this, I have ALL the issues of Thor's comics ranging from Journey Into The Mystery to the fallout issues between Thor and Odin.

Please guys visit this thread as I would like to know your views and opinions, and I also want to share scans that I know have not been posted EVER on any Respect Thorthread. I'll also inbox some members in Comic Vine to check it out, and if there any Thor fans (not fan boys lol) please check it out, spread the word.

Like I said in my O.P the feats I am posting here are where Thor doesn't use his hammer, feats of flight, durability, strength and vulnerability so on. Considering that 90% of the time Thor uses his hammer in battles, let me post feats where the Son of Odin doesn't use or rely on his hammer.

Here is the first one taken from Thor #315:

Donald Blake on this ship is boarding it and is attacked by the Sea-Beast (which I will post the cover of the comic later), he transforms into Thor (page before this one) and tosses his hammer at the cargo...now look what happens next:

No Caption Provided

Thor holds the weight of a heavy object with both hands, as a result his hammer returns to him but Thor can't grab his hammer as his hands are pre-occupied (as stated even in the panel) so the hammer just drops on the floor next to him. Thor tosses the heavy object like a missile and sends it flying, unfortunately he gets overthrown by the wave and look what happens next:

No Caption Provided

Thor doesn't get the chance to grab his hammer and is tossed over board (with the Captain), but look at the scan here guys. As Thor realizes that he is running out of time to retrieve the hammer, he grabs the unconscious Captain and "flies" on board of the ship. Notice there is no hammer in site because he was tossed overboard into the ocean while his hammer remained on board, but unfortunately as he reaches the hammer, he turns back into Donald Blake (notice the ticktock numbers clocking backwards)

No Caption Provided

In same issue where he is captured as Donald Blake, he manages to retrieve his hammer and turns into Thor but he gets blasted (which shows he can take lasers and other freaky stuff Superman takes on a daily-basis), as in here:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover of the issue of the scans I posted (and read):

And hey what do you know, he actually takes lasers to the chest (lol)
And hey what do you know, he actually takes lasers to the chest (lol)

The following scans are taken from The Mighty Thor #281

In this scan, Thor tries to teleport with his hammer to go back in time but in the process of doing that, his hammer disappears in which it lives him trapped in a world without time and space:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Most of Thor's feats continue from the Mighty Thor issue 282 considering that this one is part 1, and here is the cover of this comic:

No Caption Provided

In the Mighty Thor issue 282 (continued from 281 where Thor is stripped off his hammer) Thor "flies" without the aid of his hammer (since he is on a journey to find his hammer with Limbo). Limbo will aid Thor to find his hammer if Thor can help Limbo restore his lost world, so these two are on a bargain. Here is Thor flying folks:

No Caption Provided

It could be that Thor is flying because of the zone they are in (maybe low gravity of some sort?) but if that is the case, why is Limbo holding on to Thor's arm when he flies? Also notice here guys:

No Caption Provided

There guys, Thor is flying without the hammer and Limbo is "hanging" on to Thor until they reach ground. This guys should prove if Thor wants to, he can fly without the aid of his hammer......or at least levitate (and the only issue is that nonsense where he is separated with his hammer he turns back to human form).

And then guys we have this still in the same issue:

No Caption Provided

Now in the scan above I don't why Limbo is levitating in this scan like Thor, so I am not sure what writers of this comic were trying to do here as it seems like they were not sure to make Limbo fly on his own or need the help of Thor for flight.

Anyway here's guys Thor and Limbo run into Tempus and Thor battles him without the hammer (hammer is still missing by the way):

No Caption Provided

Thor is up after being clubbered and uses his bare hands to circle up the ground and use it as a rugby ball match:

No Caption Provided

Thor uses his body as a shield (something Superman loves doing) to protect Limbo from the smashing bricks that are hurled towards the two, Thor's own words in the speech bubble confirm this.

Then:

No Caption Provided

Thor resists the pressure of a hurricane (Superman anyone? Mightier than a roaring hurricane) or let's say a violent storm, look at the speech bubble between Tempus and Thor guys, and Thor manages to flip the giant on his back and blasts him with fists.

No Caption Provided

Thor knocks him out with his own weapon, what I love about this comic I read guys is that Thor's hammer was nowhere to be seen, Thor flies without the hammer, he uses strength to rip the ground open with no hammer insight, uses his body to shield Limbo from flying debris of rock and stone, engages in battle with Tempus andknocks him out with no hammer in sight.

So guys here is the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Here we have the Mighty Thor issue 225 where Thor battles the Destroyer, now guys in these scans he does have the use of his hammer but the reason why I am posting these scans is because he battles the Destroyer underwater. People in the Vine have said that Thor doesn't have any underwater feats in terms of holding hisbreath like Supermandoes so it's hard to say if he canholdhis breath underwater like he does in space, so here is a short battle between the two underwater:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

They fight underwater for 2 minutes, but I still think it was worth showing because the God of Thunder doesn't have too many feats of being underwater like the Man of Steel

Then we have the Mighty Thor #183 where Thor battles Dr. Doom, D.D orders Thor to give him the hammer or otherwise he will release nuclear missiles that will destroy a small town.....Thor gives him the hammer and while the Doctor is distracted......Thor sucker punches him:

No Caption Provided

For a few seconds their next slug fest is physical as Dr. Doom tries to make sure Thor doesn't get hold of hishammer, and he makes it clear in the speech bubble after he trips Thor:

No Caption Provided

Thor is blasted at point blank with Dr. Dooms blast (and the hammer is nowhere in site), Thor tackles him to the ground (without showing signs of hurt from Doom's earlier blasts) and again gets fists of blasts to the face.

Note (now that Thor doesn't have the hammer, D.D informs that Thor can only rely on his strength while Doom has weapons):

Then the climate:

No Caption Provided

Dr. Doom has Thor in what looks like an (WWE) arm-bar reverse chin-lock and blasts Thor with Dr. Doom himself describing his beams asbeams that paralyze. Thor manages to break free from the submission hold and uses his bare hands rug the ground flipping Doom of his tracks, Thor then manages to get hold of his hammer and departs.

Here's the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Next scan I have guys is from Thor #355:

No Caption Provided

Thor (an unconscious one) is in an icy realm that is so cold that the cold itself can slay even Gods (as stated on panel), bear in mind that this is a wounded Thor who was found by Tiwas (brother of Odin) when he was unconscious after a battle where Hela almost took Thor's soul. Thor's hammer as well is nowhere to been since it is in the possession of Tiwas

Next

No Caption Provided

Thor is still weak from recovery, before he can have supper with Tiwaz, he has to wrestle him first to see his condition.

No Caption Provided

Thor looses and Tiwaz sees he is not ready....then they have a rematch:

No Caption Provided

Thor improves in the second match but looses again....then:

No Caption Provided

Thor has a last rematch and then:

No Caption Provided

He wins round three and Tiwaz can see that his "grandson" is ready, what I like about these scans is that Thor does not have his hammer anywhere near him. Also given the fact that the entire time when he is seperated with his hammer, he returns to human form, but that is not the case with this comic. It's almost like as if this comic was a Thor comic where the hammer was not present in the issue (however it is present in the end when Thor leaves his grandfather)

And here's the cover of the comic guys:

No Caption Provided

:

Please guys if you have any comments or questions or want more scans you post and I'll try to accommodate you guys as I can, like I said in earlier, this is not a Thor respect thread. I am just posting scans, issues and explaining the events of scans I post where Thor has feats (without using his hammer) which I believe are rare to be found and have not been posted online.

I'll post more for you guys tomorrow if I can find any, I just wanted to share them with you guys as I know most of the scans I posted above are not found anywhere. If you guys want to add up more scans for yourselves please be my guest, I will inbox a few guys just to check it out. Please tell me what you think, I would appreciate some feedback from the Vine.

Thank you

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your thread makes some sense, because there still are some users here that don't really know much about the character and also thanks to the current writer formed this idea that Thor is sidekick of the hammer, when they could not be more wrong...

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Your thread makes some sense, because there still are some users here that don't really know much about the character and also thanks to the current writer formed this idea that Thor is sidekick of the hammer, when they could not be more wrong...

Thanks, I just wanted to share these scans just to give some info to you guys. I know the scans I posted will not be found anywhere else, I am still going to post some more. Like I said, when I post the scans, I also reference the issue of that comic, post the cover of that comic and then explain what is happening in the scans I am posting. It's not a Respect Thor thread at all, I have been receiving inboxes from a few guys saying They are shocked to see my scans as they have never seen them before, some thank me for posting them because some are actually trying to buy the comics I am posting.

I just need to inbox a few people and ask them to check it out, I'll sure they appreciate the scans. By the way, have you ever seen these scans if I may ask elsewhere besides this thread?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Thanks, I just wanted to share these scans just to give some info to you guys. I know the scans I posted will not be found anywhere else, I am still going to post some more. Like I said, when I post the scans, I also reference the issue of that comic, post the cover of that comic and then explain what is happening in the scans I am posting. It's not a Respect Thor thread at all, I have been receiving inboxes from a few guys saying They are shocked to see my scans as they have never seen them before, some thank me for posting them because some are actually trying to buy the comics I am posting.

I just need to inbox a few people and ask them to check it out, I'll sure they appreciate the scans. By the way, have you ever seen these scans if I may ask elsewhere besides this thread?

I was introduced to the character in the JMS run, but since i liked so much i went back and read (with the exception of some 90's stuff), till Thor #290... So some scans that you posted i am familiarized with others not so much, and i also usually post the issue and writer... But i am not into battle forums so most of the stuff that i post/write are about narrative/story/characters...

Even very recently writers like K. Gillen, Jonathan Hickman & Al Ewing also demonstrated that the hammer is just a hammer... Doesn't define Thor...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spambot

Regarding Thor 355 and him not having his hammer yet remaining in his 'true' form, the reason is that Odin took off the 60 second rule enchantment in Thor 338 after it nearly got Thor killed in his first battle with BRB. That rule didn't return until he gained the Jake Olsen alias during Jurgens run.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alligatian

@asgaard: Thanks

@spambot said:

Regarding Thor 355 and him not having his hammer yet remaining in his 'true' form, the reason is that Odin took off the 60 second rule enchantment in Thor 338 after it nearly got Thor killed in his first battle with BRB. That rule didn't return until he gained the Jake Olsen alias during Jurgens run.

Wow, that I didn't know (about Thor not having to rely on his hammer after he is seperated from it after 60 seconds), I always wondered where the sudden change came from when Thor didn't have to worry about that. Thanks, I should check the issue out though (cause I've got tons of them) and just educate myself on that issue

That I didn't know, but with what you are referencing in Thor 355 where Odin decided to undo his decision restricting Thor to his 60 second limit. In the earlier issues Thor # 281 and 282, he didn't have the hammer anywhere near him until the last panel of the comic where he received his hammer.

Okay so back to some more Thor feats

In the Mighty Thor #313, Thor battles Man-Wolf (bear in mind for now he uses the hammer):

No Caption Provided

In the following scan they start to grapple one another and Thor still has the hammer with him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see, the two are exchanging blows and in the next scan....Thor looses his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Now this is where things get interesting, in the above scan Thor is knocked off the space ship by Man-Wolf, the hammer remains behind on board while Thor is knocked off. If you look at Thor's own words, he merely states that his hammer is on board while the ship takes off. Well, the ship does take off and Thor is left stranded there, look then what happens folks:

No Caption Provided

Thor guys leaps to catch up with the rocket ship, look at the panel in blue which states "Thor leaps from the gantry, desperately toovertake the rising pillar of fire", judging by the scan alone guys, that is a massive leap feat performed by Thor without his hammer. You can call it the Hulk jump or Superman jump (leap tall buildings in a single bound, lol) but the distance where Thor jumped was a great one and he catches up with the rocket that takes off. I think this is also the first time I have seen Thor perform a super leap in comic history (without the aid of his hammer), this feat for me alone was impressive which shows too that Thor can leap high as well if he wants to. He is not just restricted to his hammer, anyway:

No Caption Provided

Thor is out of earth's atmosphere and while he is hanging on the rocket, Man-Wolf spots Thor's hammer and tries to take it:

No Caption Provided

Thor finally regains the hammer, so an important note here guys is that judging by the scans I upload for Thor issue 317, we can assume without his hammer, Thor can perform leaping feats if wants to (without the aid of his hammer), I have already established he can fly without the use of his hammer (TWICE) in Thor issue 282 and 315 and brawl without the hammer (again in issue 282 and 355).

Here is the cover of this issue:

No Caption Provided

Then guys I also have scans of the comic where the Thor battles Tyr (who is part Asgardian and is also known as the God of War) in the issue Thor #312:

Before Thor battles him, Tyf wants the affection of Thor's lover lady Sif but she rejects him, so Tyf plans to head to earth to kill Thor there where he can have Sif for himself once Thor is out of the picture. But before he can do that, he does this:

No Caption Provided

Tyf manages to trick Odin to persuade him to let Tyf go after Thor for reasons Tyf did not full specify to Odin, but before he does that, he does this:

No Caption Provided

Tyf manages to steal a weapon (made by Odin himself) to rival Thor's hammer, once Tyf possess the Mace of the Myth-Wars, he heads to earth to challenge Thor:

No Caption Provided

Tyf already knowing Thor's identity as Donald Blake, he attacks him without warning giving Blake just a split second to transform into the Mighty Thor:

No Caption Provided

The two battle, now yes guys Thor is using his hammer while battling Tyf but the reason I am posting their fights is to show you guys Tyf's durability and powers when he battles Thor so that you can see the ending climate of their battle.

No Caption Provided

.As you can see guys, Thor is battling someone who "rivals" him as their battle so far is in a stalemate:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to destroy Tyf's weapon, but even though Tyf's weapon is destroyed by Thor's lightning blasts from his hammer, Tyf is still not out of the fight which shows his durability taking blasts from Thor's hammer.

No Caption Provided

The battle continues and Thor's destroys Tyf's sword with his hammer, Tyf still manages to land two punches on Thor and sends the God of Thunder flying. Since Tyf is weaponless, he tells Thor that he can still take the God of Thunder even when he has the hammer and he (Tyf) doesn't have any weapons to defend himself. Now, the climate:

No Caption Provided

Thor puts away his hammer (and tucks it in his belt) and knocks out Tyf with a right hook. If you look at their battles where Thor was able to land punches of his own on Tyf, Tyf took and soaked them but once Thor puts away the hammer he knocks out Tyf. Now guys imagine if I only posted this image of Thor knocking out Tyf, people would of probably though Tyf was a villain with no powers or a random thug knocked out by Thor (yes guys Thor comics and the villains in them are not well known around the world so you will get people thinking of what I just said).

At least posting the entire fight even though Thor uses his hammer but ditches it last second, at least people will know "who" Thor is dealing with. It's still a feat for me by the way because in the very end of their drawn out battle, Thor "puts away" the hammer and knocks the God of War with one hit.

Here is the cover of this comic:

No Caption Provided

Hope you guys enjoyed the scans, will continue to upload other feats tomorrow.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alligatian

Then the next scans are from the Mighty Thor issue 338 where Odin makes Thor battle Beta Ray Bill to the death for the winner will earn the right to own Mjolnir, as shown here:

No Caption Provided

Thor and Beta Ray are forced to (by rules of Odin) to battle one another in "unarmed combat" for the right to own Mjolnir, they are sent to the Ruined Lands of Skarthiem shown above:

No Caption Provided

Thor's own words mention that the place where he and Bill are sent Gods perish and that he feel the "heat" from the earth itself, the battle as shown above unfolds:

No Caption Provided

The two battle "unarmed" and so far look up to be in a stalemate, the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

Since they have no weapons, they have to use other "resources" to gain the advantage over the other, taking advantage of the surroundings they are in:

No Caption Provided

Thor looks like to have the edge in the final conflict in the above scan when this happens below:

No Caption Provided

The battle ends in what looks like a stalemate but Beta Ray comes out on top, here is the cover of the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

The next scan is taken from Thor issue 277, in this issue Thor battled another Thor and lost-loosing his hammer to the process to hammer. While in Asgard, Odin sends Thor to what looks an environment engulfed by flames, Thor walks in the into the flames below:

No Caption Provided

Thor mentions to Odin that the flames felt strange to him but did not harm him (in the above scan), and then:

No Caption Provided

In the same issue where Loki is held prisoner on Asgard for the crimes he committed (in aid of teaming up with Hela), Loki breaks free from the "chains" that have held him and turns himself into an "unbreakable statue":

No Caption Provided

Loki turns himself into a statue so what happens?

No Caption Provided

The guards at Asgard can't break the statue with "magic-enhanced axes" but Thor manages to break the statue by lifting it up and slamming into the ground where Loki is then taken away to the serpent of Midgar

In the same issue, Thor mentioned (or comic mentioned in the comic itself) that his powers are cut in half when he doesn't possess his enchanted hammer:

No Caption Provided

And here's the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Other feat I will upload are from the Mighty Thor issue 388 where battles the Celestials, considering that these forces are too powerful for Thor to battle alone. Thor devises a plan to destroy the Celestial from within inside it's body, Thor manages to bash his way into the head of the tall figure only to battle forces inside the Celestial.

After battling the creatures and forces inside the Celestial, Thor performs his God-blast (with his belt of strength) towards the brain of the Celestial, using all his power, Thor's hammer is broken and destroyed but the Celestial still lives.

No Caption Provided

As shown above, Thor "unarmed" battles an army of Humanoids:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to grab one of the Humanoid's weapon (which is hammer) and uses it against them (shown above):

No Caption Provided

Thor bashes away as more of the troops come to life the moment Thor drops them:

No Caption Provided

Thor realizes that using the Humanoid's own weapon against them doesn't help the situation, but he still battles them and manages to defeat them:

No Caption Provided

In the above scan, Thor throws away the hammer and decides to jump inside "the brain" of the Celestial and by Thor's own words, the pain in unbearable:

No Caption Provided

As you can see above, Thor's skin is being removed and this is what happens next:

No Caption Provided

Thor is reduced to human flesh then to a skeleton, but he survives the ordeal in the next scan:

No Caption Provided

Thor is blasted out from the Celestial, as mentioned earlier he survives but is knocked unconscious.

For those of you who haven't seen the cover of this comic, here it is below:

No Caption Provided

Then in the issue of the Mighty Thor 266, the Son of Odin is battling the Destroyer without the aid of his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Or well it could be his hammer is "tucked in" his belt, the battle anyway continues:

No Caption Provided

So far Thor isn't using the hammer (in the scans posted so far):

No Caption Provided

Even though Lady Sif and Karnilla try to intervene, it's no use as the battle rages on:

No Caption Provided

Thor is not doing too well against the Destroyer (the soul of Bolder-the Brave is in the Destroyer thanks to Loki) but as you can see, his hammer is nowhere in site:

No Caption Provided

AH in the scan above what do you know, Thor goes underwater (WOW we don't see that often like Superman lol) and we see a strength feat from Thor:

No Caption Provided

Thor uses in the above scan uses some runway tacticsconsidering that Destroyer is literary stumping a mud hole in him (as former wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin puts it), anyway the nice thing about this comic issue is that Thor gives us that Superman battle stuff (minus the super vision and breath stuff) as in the whole comic he is brawling (litterly) with the Destroyer without the aid of his hammer.

For those of you who haven't seen the comic here is the issue cover:

No Caption Provided

Spoiler alert, in the previous issue in the Mighty Thor 265, Thor battles the Destroyer but there is only panel where he doesn't use his hammer, it's in here:

No Caption Provided

Strength feat of Thor without the hammer in the above, will upload some more later on

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alligatian

Then here guys we have a young Thor (teenager to be frank) in battle with a young Storm Giant, the Gaint manages to create quicksand using magic spells and Thor is being dragged underneath:

No Caption Provided

The story tells a tale of Thor in his youth days but I will spare you the details, as you can see above the Storm giant tramples Thor's hammer so that he doesn't go after it. Look what happens next:

No Caption Provided

Nice isn't it? Then the battle continues when they tumble to the floor and Thor regains his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Thor looses the hammer again and battles the Storm Giant unarmed, as you can see he shows some few displays of H2H (or old school if you know what I mean):

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind guys this is an "inexperienced" Thor here, let's see how the battle ends:

No Caption Provided

Yeah I was also puzzled with the ending but guys also look what Thor says to himself about "relying on his weapon and not his brain/brawn"

Here is the cover for the issue folks"

No Caption Provided

Then in the issue of the Mighty Thor 48, Thor battles Algrim the Elfwarrior but however during the battle, Malekith-the Accursed sets a trap which destroys the battleground where Thor and Algrim are battling. Both warriors pummel down in an endless tunnel:

No Caption Provided

An unconscious Thor is sporing down and is a few meters from impelling to his death, the heat (maybe the earth's core?) which Thor names it as Magma "revives" Thor and wakes him up. Thor summons the hammer which has already landed on the core of the earth and it swoops him up.

In that same issue Malekith blasts a Thor with a powerful blast which Thor shakes off, according to Malekith the blast is a "Un-mortal food of Faerie, a special recipe given by Hela-the goddess of death. When you have eaten it, your soul shall fly to Hela's waiting arms and your body will become a slave to Faerie forever."

No Caption Provided

Here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alligatian

Then in the issue of the Mighty Thor 288, Thor battles the Forgotten Hero in this epic battle:

No Caption Provided

The Forgotten Hero mentions that he once lifted the earthlike the object he is lifting, if he really did lift up the earth that kind of makes you think of the feat where the earth was lifted by Wonder Woman, the Martian Manhunter and of course Superman doesn't it? Anyway even I'm not sure if the Forgotten Hero did lift the earth considering earlier in this issue he mentions that Thor's strength may rival is (or slightly more):

No Caption Provided

As you can see, the Forgotten Hero mentions that Thor's strength might come from the hammer, the Forgotten Hero manages to "separate" Thor from the hammer and tries to lift it up:

No Caption Provided

As the hammer is tossed aside, Thor manages to knock out the Forgotten Hero with his bare hands, the cover of the comic is this one:

No Caption Provided

Then we have the issue the Mighty Thor 481 where Thor battles Grotesk:

No Caption Provided

Notice what Grotesk says about breath and oxygen in the above the scan and notice what Thor says about that remark in the above scan, the battle starts between the two:

No Caption Provided

Thor is bashed with Grotesk's weapon (I think it's a mace) on the chestbut the object breaks (in the above scan), but what happens below becomes interesting:

No Caption Provided

When Thor tosses his hammer and it connects, the hammer returns but the Lava-men mold themselves into rock stone and the hammer doesn't return to Thor:

No Caption Provided

Weaponless, Thor is beat down by the lava-men but he still fights on:

No Caption Provided

However, the battle is interrupted by the God Packas seen below:

No Caption Provided

and here:

No Caption Provided

Then in the below scan, here is a strength feat of Thor without the hammer:

No Caption Provided

In the scan below, Thor finally retrieves the hammer:

No Caption Provided

And by the way in the scan below, did Thor just use super-speed?

No Caption Provided

lol, and here is the cover of the issue below:

No Caption Provided

Well what do you know? Thor is brawling in the cover and there's no hammer, lol

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many pictures and no spoiler alert options

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alligatian

@trust_this_786: Not exactly sure how spoiler works, but did you manage to see all of the scans though?

Anyway here is another Thor strength feat where he topples a giant without the aid of the hammer:

No Caption Provided

And here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

And then here guys, is it me or can Thor see things in astral? Because in this scan here is Thor "seeing" an invisible goddess that can't be seen by no one, except the son of the goddess and of course Thor:

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind Thor had amnesia in this issue but slowly he begins to regain his memory, he continues:

No Caption Provided

So I don't what kind of "super vision" you guys would call this but I think it's cool, here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trust_this_786: Not exactly sure how spoiler works, but did you manage to see all of the scans though?

some of em

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alligatian said:

some of em

Normally you have to wait until they load properly, cause all the scans I've posted show.......even though I have to wait a few seconds.

Will load a few more later on

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here in this scan Thor is in Mexico where he witnesses a robbery, he manages to take out the goons while the last one rams a car into Thor:

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind, when the guy reverses his car into Thor you can see Thor's hammer is not with him. Just as about the car is about to connect with Thor, the hammer as well is also a few seconds away from Thor's hand. So it's a race between "the two", on which one will get to the Thor first......is it Thor's hammer or will he get bashed by the car?

No Caption Provided

Well, you guys be the judge

And here's the cover of the Mighty Thor #

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alligatian

Here guys some other Thor feats without his hammer:

Here we in the Mighty Thor issue 276 , Thor lost him hammer battling Rec Novec (the New Thor) in the process Novec took possession of Thor's hammer. Thor battles Loki in "sword fighting", while Thor uses an "ordinary sword", Loki uses a special sword forded with Odin's magic. Now their battle is interrupted by the Midgard Serpent below:

No Caption Provided

Thor uses in his bare hands to rip the ground open use the debris he has lifted as a launched missile, in the scan below he tries it the second time but is bashed by the Serpent's tale below in this scan:

No Caption Provided

If you guys want to see the cover of the issue, here it is below:

No Caption Provided

Then in this scan taken from the Mighty Thor issue 29 , Thor summons the weather (without Mjonir) where a lightning bolt strikes a wounded Hogun to revive his heart:

No Caption Provided

Then here is the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

More coming your way

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alligatian

The next scans are taken from the Mighty Thor issue 3-Blood Oathwhere we see Thor take on Hercules, in this issue neither warriorsuse weapons on another as their battle is "STRICTLY H2H." Bear in mind that these scans have been floating about on the internet, but the folks who posted these scans online NEVER POSTED THE ENTIRE FIGHT BETWEEN THOR AND HERC. So with that being said I'll be the first to do, their confrontation starts here:

No Caption Provided

Even though (as you can see clearly in the scan) Thor has his hammer tucked in his belt, he doesn't use the weapon on a "defenseless" Hercules:

No Caption Provided

Hercules throws the first punch sending Thor "flying" about:

No Caption Provided

Hercules goes after Thor only to receive a "hay-maker" of his own:

No Caption Provided

Hercules is knocked to the floor (hey-notice Thor levitating in the air there just after punching Herc-hmm), we then see him display some H2H with his legs on Thor:

No Caption Provided

The fight looks like a stalemate so far but the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

In the scan below, Hercules shatters the mountains to distract Thor in order for him to do this:

No Caption Provided

Thor is distracted and pays the price for it......for now:

No Caption Provided

Hercules is grabbed by the ankle and swung at.....well I don't know at how many speeds:

No Caption Provided

Hercules is almost sent into orbit and we think the battle ends here.......

No Caption Provided

The battle "however" still continues:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, we see some "DBZ" stuff and the battle appears to end here:

No Caption Provided

The battle ends here right? Nope.....

No Caption Provided

The battle however ends here:

No Caption Provided

Well I'm sure you guys know what happens after here so I won't post the image, it's where Thor summons the lightning and this is where Thor and Hercules are separated. The match looked even but Hercules managed to gain the upper hand putting Thor in a "sleeper hold" (as the WWE like calling it, lol).

Now obviously there are other great battles between Thor and Hercules but this one I believe is the one of the best (if not the best) because the two warriors don't use any weapons in this battle.....no throwing vehicles at one another (like they do when they fight on earth), Thor doesn't use the hammer/and then in the next page he uses it (from their previous battles) and so on and so on.

If you guys want to see the cover of the issue, here it is:

No Caption Provided

Will post more of some Thor feats (without the hammer) later

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alligatian

As you can see in the above scan, Thor tosses the hammer and it connects with Creel....the hammer is now in Creel's hands:

No Caption Provided

The hammer disappears under the rubble, while Thor is shown "weaponless", Creed however has his weapon:

No Caption Provided

Thor grabs Creel by the ankle and tosses him, sending him to orbit (well, he sends him flying) and summons his hammer. A lifting feat is what I would call this, lol

And oh yes, in that same comic we see Thor levitating (yes-levitating) without his hammer here:

No Caption Provided

I don't know if writers forgot to draw the hammer there or what, but since there is no hammer in sight, I can collect this and label the scan above another of Thor's feat flying without the aid of his hammer.

And here is the cover for those of you who may want to buy the comic:

No Caption Provided

Then the next scans are taken from the Mighty Thor #210, in the scan below Ulik narrates that how he has been beaten by Thor twicebefore only because Thor "uses the hammer":

No Caption Provided

We see "set back" battle between Thor and Ulik, Ulik continues more about Thor only having the edge over him because of the hammer:

No Caption Provided

The above scans are just to show you folks that there are people (besides people like us who debate Thor is powerful only because of the hammer) even in comics who think Thor is powerful because of the hammer. Now in the next scan while Thor is sleeping on a mountain, he is kidnapped by the trolls and taken underground, he awakens from his sleep and attacks the trolls:

No Caption Provided

After swatting the trolls away, he is blinded by Ulik below:

No Caption Provided

A slug fest takes place after:

No Caption Provided

In the scan above you see Ulik "crying" that Thor is always using a weapon against someone who is "weaponless" like Ulik (yeah right, I suppose Ulik forgot about those two mini club axes he carries around), so we then see Thor telling Ulik he has won battles with "strength and skill alone".

No Caption Provided

As you can see in the above scan, Thor puts away the hammer and agress to fight Ulik in "unarmed combat":

No Caption Provided

As you can see, the two go at it like boxers:

No Caption Provided

Obviously as you can see above, Ulik's words of Thor being a warrior just because he relies on the hammer was a "distraction" so that the rest of trolls could sneak up and take Thor's hammer while he is distracted fighting Ulik:

No Caption Provided

As you can see in the above scan while Thor is fighting Ulik, the trolls manage to zap a beam that connects with Thor's hammer:

No Caption Provided

Ulik seems to have the advantage now as the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

Thor realizes he has been tricked and the so called "weaponless" Ulik reveals his origins:

No Caption Provided

Thor sends Ulik flying with a "right hand" and goes after his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Then the scan ends here:

No Caption Provided

Thor dives in into the flames and the comic ends there, so here is the cover of this comic:

No Caption Provided

So this was part one, so I have scans from part two which shows how Thor got his back his hammer, here goes:

No Caption Provided

You guys have seen this in the Thor respect thread right? And this:

No Caption Provided

But what people forget to do after posting these above images is posting what happens AFTER.....so here is what happens:

No Caption Provided

So we still see Thor in flames, bear in mind that Ulik in the previous issue mentions that no one can survive the heat......even a place where Trolls perish, we continue:

No Caption Provided

You guys may say "so what Thor survived being in a pit full with flames" right? But look here:

No Caption Provided

A troll slave accidentally hits Ulik with a rock he is carrying, Ulik doesn't take too kindly to that and tosses the slave in the pits of fire:

No Caption Provided

It's clear from the top scan that meant instant death for the slave, and that is the same cave we see Thor diving into "to" regain his hammer

Notice that Thor throughout this issue is weakened, as Ulik will explain in their later confrontation. Then in the next scan we see a Thor strength feat without the hammer:

No Caption Provided

Then in the next scan we see Thor holding a building from a tipping over (and he is still weak by the way):

No Caption Provided

Ulik states it here in the above scan with regards to Thor's condition, Ulik plans to attack Thor while he is occupiedbut the Three Warriors (except for Volgstage) attack Ulik:

No Caption Provided

Then the final climate, Thor vs Ulik again without weapons (kind makes you think of Superman vs Kalibuk):

No Caption Provided

And volla......Thor knock out Ulik with fists alone:

No Caption Provided

Another strength feat above Thor "pushing" a building and we see him do it here too:

No Caption Provided

So here is the cover of the action packed Thor:

No Caption Provided

Will post more if I find any

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alligatian

In the issue of the Mighty Thor 248, we see the All-Wise Vizier being held in Asgard prisons by Odin but Thor has no no problem making an "entrance":

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And in that same comic issue, what does Thor do when there is traffic in New York? Ah.....this:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover of that comic:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alligatian

The next scans are taken from the Astonishing Thor issue 3 were we see Thor levitating:

No Caption Provided

Yeah I know Thor has the hammer tucked inside his belt but people this scan shows he doesn't need to fly holding the hammer (with his hands grappling the thong), as you can see he is levitating and for someone who can levitate is a simple explanation that the person can fly(to some degree). Oh yes, it continues (cause I saved the best for last):

No Caption Provided

I know u guys (yes-GUYS) I know you like this view.......so let's move on shall we?

No Caption Provided

Okay guys maybe the scans don't really prove that Thor can fly without Mjornir but let's at least establish this:

a) We can assume that if the hammer is anywhere near Thor or in this case is tucked in his belt, he can propel himself into the air and doesn't need to hold his hammer in his hand to fly, as long as the hammer is near him, he can "fly".

b) I don't know how many times Thor flies with his hammer tucked in his belt, but probably if Thor doesn't have the hammer, he can't fly like.......like the Superman does. As long as his hammer is within near him, we can assume he can at least "levitate" as shown with the scans above.

c) There is a comic floating about where Thor throws his hammer at Storm and she dodges it, whilst the hammer is out of Thor's grip, we see Thor floating in the air and even smiling (maybe this shows that he doesn't need the hammer to fly?).

d) Thor being able to fly because of the hammer or not really just depends on writers, so it's not 100% certain that Thor can fly without his hammer, it really depends on writers. Remember as well, that Stan Lee tried to make Thor not to have much resemblance to DC's Superman as even in an interview Stan Lee said that he doesn't understand how Superman flies.....yeah guys his words.

Even though Thor is not a Marvel rip-off of Superman, but we have to attain that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby advanced Thor from mythology to be almost like Superman. Think of the similarities these two have guys which is strength, durability and their "indestructible cape". Bear in mind guys that Superman can leap tall buildings in a single bound, Thor has done this on a few (very few) occasions and there are two scans I posted in this thread where we see Thor leap into the air(without his hammer).

Superman has additional powers like his super vision (x-ray, infra red, micro and telescope vision), super hearing and yes I almost forgot the most obvious super speed. If Thor had either of these powers people would assume that Marvel is trying to rip off Superman and we know at one stage that Thor once used vortex breath..........and why did Marvel stop with that?

So it appears guys that all these powers Thor possess come from his hammer, this would make sense and not make Thor to appear like he is too powerful or yes......to be a rip off of Superman. So we know without the hammer he has strength, durability, probably flight and yes can control the weather. The hammer grants him to powers to teleport, create vortexes (now I see why Thor never uses super breath anymore, lol), controls storms (more easily I guess since we know he doesn't need the hammer to control the weather) and can use energy manipulation

Anywayz, here is the cover of the comic of the scans I uploaded:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alligatian

The following scans take place from the Mighty Thor #234 where Thor and Loki battle in unarmed combat where Thor has to defeat Loki under 60 seconds, will we prevail? Let's find out:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Thor drops the hammer and Loki drops the sword:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Thor only 1 minute to drop Loki before he reverts back to his human form Dr. Blake:

No Caption Provided

Defeats Loki just a second left, and here is the cover of this issue:

No Caption Provided

Then the next scans are taken from the Mighty Thor issue 231 where he battles Armak:

No Caption Provided

Thor tucks in his hammer in and lays a hay-maker on Armak:

No Caption Provided

And the climate ends here:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alligatian

In the next issue of the Mighty Thor issue 152, we have Thor battling Ulik:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to leave Ulik "weaponless" and states that in the above panel, the real battle begins below:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, a cocky Ulik states to Thor that his strength comes from his hammer but Thor rebukes those claims and the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

As you can see Ulik cheats but Thor manages to fight Ulik to a standstill:

No Caption Provided

The battle continues as the two warriors go at it, and as you can see Ulik is still cheating:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to get Ulik un-armed again but gets clobbered, and the fight seems to look like Ulik has won but:

No Caption Provided

Well there you have it folks Ulik is defeated the second time by Thor with no hammer seen in site, and for those of you who want to see which issue this came from here is the cover:

No Caption Provided

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man. I can without a doubt call myself a big Thor fan who has a lot of scans about him, but even I find this impressive. :D A great display how Thor is so much even without his hammer (if written by a writer who actually knows something and doesn't trample decades of cannon).

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alligatian

@glarinetta: Impressive hey, like I said, I don't just dump scans without context to them. All of the scans I've uploaded I have read and understood the context behind them, that's why with every scan I post I always post the issue and cover of that comic so that guys like you can check it out (if they are still available in stores).

So far in this topic, we've seen Thor leap high at least TWICE (like the Hulk or Superman) without the aid of his hammer, flying without the aid of his hammer (check out the impressive scans right at the top), perform strength feats without his hammer, brawling without his hammer, summoning the weather without his hammer and taking bullets and lasers to the chest without blocking them with his hammer.

If you find this impressive, there's more buddy. Like here below taken from Thor Dissembled Ragnarorik part 3 of 6, one of Thor's fallen comrades Volstagg hits Thor with an axe:

No Caption Provided

The axe breaks upon impact and Thor is not fazed at all but rather puzzled why his former comrade attacked him (notice this is an axe that just destroyed a block of ice in the cave where just as Volstagg was about to attack Thor).

In that very same comic, Thor makes it "rain" and notice that one arm is raised but there is no hammer in sight:

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the story ark of Thor Dissembled (part 1 to 6) but in this story line Thor's hammer is broken, the pieces of the hammer are taken by Loki who is summoning his own army along with Fernis the Wolf, Frost Giants and Ulik. Loki now wields the power of Thor, but Thor still has him hammer but it is not powerful as it was before since it is shattered, so Thor in this story arc cannot rely on his hammer as he did in the past.

Now in the next scan here is Thor defeating Geirroodur-king of the trolls again without the aid of his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Thor has the troll king in a full nelson and what looks like to be a burst of energy or lightning falls on both of them, now I'm not sure if these bolts of energy came from Thor or the troll king but if you look at the panel, Thor himself states that "I made him pay with my bare hands."

Then of course there is the classical one where Thor beats Durok-the Demolisher with the God blast without the aid of his hammer, pretty sure you've seen this one as it thrown around a lot on the internet. Anyway here's the cover of the comic and will update you should there be more:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Alligatian

In the next issue in Thor #320, we have Thor battle a possessed Borna the God Bear, without warning Thor is attacked but defends himself. Wanting not to hurt the Borna, he puts away his hammer and uses his fists instead:

No Caption Provided

Even though Thor is brawling with him, but he is still pulling back his punches:

No Caption Provided

Thor eventually manages to stun him then the battle ends there:

No Caption Provided

Also something very important folks, in the letters column a fan asks that writers should in the near future make Thor summon the weather without the use of his hammer. Look at how the Marvel writers respond to him, very interesting:

No Caption Provided

And here's the cover of that comic:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Alligatian

In the next issue in the Mighty Thor 304, we see (which is very rare by the way) the tales of a young Thor. Now most people know of Thor as a powerhouse who relies on his hammer to be called the God of Thunder which is not entirely true, now in this issue we see a young Thor coming to the aid of a young Lady Sif where she is attacked by a pack of Wolves:

No Caption Provided

As you can see in the above scan, Loki used a spell on a sword he would give Thor to fight the wolves. As the sword breaks (rendering it useless) Thor is weaponless, then we see this:

No Caption Provided

We see some "acrobatic" skills we rarely see of Thor folks and I will admit this, this is the first time I see Thor do a front-flip, even at his youth:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover of this issue:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Alligatian

Then in the next issue of Thor 165, the God of Thunder battles Adam Warlock (better known in his early days as HIM in this issue). Now prior to this fight in the earlier issue we get to see just how powerful him is when he kidnaps Lady Sif and with a wave of his hand teleports to another dimension.

Thor (with the aid of his hammer) teleport s himself and Bolder-the Brave to where Him has taken Lady Sif, the battle starts here:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Thor throws his hammer at HIM but the hammer deflects off him, so we now see Thor tucking the hammer inside his belt (like saying that, lol) and Thor himself states that "Not even mine hammer shalt strike thee now, only the feel of my naked limbs battering thee into lifelessness can avenge thy monstrous villainy!" So we already now judging by the above scan we are heading into a slug-fest:

No Caption Provided

Yip, so we can see as above it's fists to fists with no hammer insight:

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind that in this battle, Thor enters Warrior Madness throughout:

No Caption Provided

The battle looks so far to be a stalemate but the advantage shifts towards to Thor and HIM looks like now he is fighting for his own very life:

No Caption Provided

Bolder-the Brave is left out of the fight off panel as he states that even he can't reason with Thor since he has entered Warrior's Madness:

No Caption Provided

Him ends up putting himself in a cocoon state and teleports since he can't "handle" Thor and the battle basically ends here:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alligatian

Then the next scans take place from Thor #323, now this scan is more of a durability feat (I think) than anything else. Now in this scan (even though Thor has his hammer), he battles the Dark Man (a god that was a rival to Odin) and his wife Desire. Now I want you guys to look at this scan below, just to show exactly who Thor was dealing with in this issue:

No Caption Provided

Now guys if you look at the top, those statues displayed up there are actually fallen warriors, gods and heroes slain by the Dark Man and his wife Desire.....they are held there as trophies.

This is to show you the power of this villain, and also in this issue this is a young Thor (maybe not important) who didn't have much experience back then as he did in his later years:

No Caption Provided

Thor is struck by the Dark Man (sneak attack that is) and he is down (notice Thor takes the full impact of the weapon). Now like I said, I'm not sure how powerful Dark Man is but he mentions earlier in this issue that he has clashed with Thor's father before and has no interest fighting his son (you know the saying don't send a boy to do a man's job), if that isn't enough, Desire tells Thor that her kiss will turn Thor's insides into stone (maybe like the trophies we saw earlier) and that he awaits an eternal sleep:

No Caption Provided

Thor regains consciousness , so I'm not sure what feat this is....maybe it's a will power feat I'm not sure but Thor is up. So we know that he doesn't turn to stone after being struck by the Dark Man and kissed by Desire (who's kiss turn men and gods alike into stone), and here's the cover of it:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alligatian

The next scans are taken from The Mighty Thor issue 475, now guys here's a durability feat of Thor but before I post it, let me post this:

No Caption Provided

The guy you see above is Karnivor, leader of.....(not really sure) and you see his trademark is slicing people's throats (well in this case, slicing what you see above) and in the bottom scan we see this:

No Caption Provided

We see Karnivor being able to rip the armor of the Revolutionary so we know he is no ordinary wild animal or werewolf (lol), now he tries the same thing with Thor and see what happens:

No Caption Provided

Look on how Thor responds when Karnivor threatens to rip out his throat, well Karnivor proceeds to test Thor's theory:

No Caption Provided

Notice that after Thor's slashed on the throat, his fine (and we saw two scans of Karnivor using his trademark of slashing throats). Also notice that Karnivor has no problem slashing Thor's attire leaving him "shirtless", and Thor is slashed again on the face but there are no marks on his face or throat (then of course he proceeds to hit back):

No Caption Provided

Thor's slashed again on the body but there are no marks on him, the two brawl and Thor doesn't use his hammer in this fight. Notice Karnivor's slashing attacks are useless against Thor so he makes a run for it, with Thor (picking up his hammer) taking pursuit.

Their fight ends there no here is the cover for those of you who want to see it:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alligatian

The following scans take place from the Mighty Thor issue 424, here we have Thor battling Nobilus (who was created to be Thor's stronger clone) without his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Thor looses his hammer and Nobilus mentions that he will keep Thor away from his weapon in the next scan:

No Caption Provided

The slug fest then ends in the next scan:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The next scans take place in the Mighty Thor (2007) issue 600 where Thor battles his grand father Bor:

No Caption Provided

Here's a cool scene where blocks Bor's weapon with his own hands:

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind that Bor prior to this battle had bullet rifles bouncing off him, the battle continues as Thor calls the Avengers to aid him:

No Caption Provided

But in the next scan the Avengers attack both Thor and Bor:

No Caption Provided

Also, look what a serious Thor does to Iron-Man (still holding back):

No Caption Provided

Then in the last scan Thor tries to retrieve his hammer:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alligatian

Then the next scan guys takes place from the Mighty Thor #298, now this feat folks is more of durability feat of Thor. Now in this issue of Thor, Thor is talking to the great eye of Odin which reveals secrets that Odin himself withheld from Thor. One of the secrets being revealed (and shown) is Thor's past life as a mortal by the name of Siegmand here:

No Caption Provided

Here is Odin disguised as a mortal protecting the mountain surrounded by Odin "flames" which keep Thor's past lover Lady Sif (known here as Brunnilda) in eternal sleep. Now Odin cast a spell on her since she didn't obey his commands and stripped her of her godly powers and cast her in this mountain. It was well known that "no man" to climb up the mountain and pass the flames, as Odin (in human form) in the above scan warns Siegmand how the flames can destroy him.

It's also known that who ever passes the flames is worthy to break Brunnilda's eternal sleep and have her as his mate, no one throughout the years was able to cross the mountain mind you. So we go further:

No Caption Provided

Remember guys that Thor here did not have his godly powers and was in mortal form, hence the name Siegmand in his past timeline. But as you can see, he climbs through the flames and in the next scan:

No Caption Provided

Once Thor reaches the mountain top his expression is like as if nothing had happened, and he is back to his normal self despite just a few seconds ago we see him climb through a mountain of flames with unimaginable heat. Maybe for you guys out there would not count this as a feat but for me I think it is, considering that Thor here is a previous time-span he lived without his godly powers as Siegmand.

Here's the cover of the issue and like I said before guys, I am a Thor fan and I'm going to go out my way to find the best feats of Thor where he doesn't use his hammer:

No Caption Provided

Nice folks, then the next scan takes place in the Mighty Thor Annual 19. Now in this story arc Pluto (enemy of Olympus and Asgard) has gone to another world underground (another hell version from the Netherworld) to see banished entity/soul HRINMEER (banished by Odin). He invades his world and orders Hrinmeer to go out and take out Thor, obviously by force and intimidation. Once Hrinmeer agrees to this, Pluto upgrades him with powers and gives him another powerful entity in a form of a giant dog with three heads.

Now the scan I'm posting will show a fight where Hrinmeer strikes Thor with a "flaming" sword swiped in poison with the three fangs of cerbbrus (poison well known to slay gods), so here it is:

No Caption Provided

So Thor is struck from behind and if you look at what he is says, it shows that he is not bothered by being hit with a flaming sword from the back:

No Caption Provided

Thor takes the shot to the back and is fine, it is only when the poison kicks in (which he knew nothing about) does he drop, so we know that in this scan that Thor has no problem with taking bladed weapons to the body. Also, the poison here known to slay gods only knocks him out.

Now following later in the same issue Thor regains conciousness and this time Loki enters his body to fight Hrinmeer and the 3 eyed cerbbrus (which can shape shift). The battle goes back and forth with Thor using his hammer and Hrinmeer using his sword, Thor tosses his hammer one last time:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Thor tuck his hammer in his belt (notice what he says about it, lol) and we this:

No Caption Provided

So the battle is on and we Thor engage Hrinmeer without his hammer, and guys just look what Thor say here in the following scan which I find very interesting:

No Caption Provided

Look what Thor says here in case you missed it "Yet, the light of e'en the strongest flame is but a faint and pallid flickering to the living lighting." And then Thor proceeds to knock him out:

No Caption Provided

Now in Thor knocks him out, now look at the following scan here guys:

No Caption Provided

We see in the above scan that he is about to take off, now let at the following scan because this scan is going to be a speed feat:

No Caption Provided

Thor travels so fast that Heimdall (who can hear a fly buzzing near the end of universe in space and can count hairs on that same fly) wasn't able to track him and Odin himself feels like a shadow went past him. NICE

Anyway folks here is the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

I know that these scans are big and if you can't open them just right click them and open them in a new tab, always works

SpinXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpinXO

@alligatian:

Jesus Christ!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I would like to recommend that you try and use spoiler blocks however, as scrolling through this thread became quite a hassle for me due to the load times required for each scan.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinxo:

Cool, I'll try spoiler next time. Send a PM to other Thor fans my man, piece!!!!

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. What a nice thread for the 4 fans Thor has.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alligatian

@liqmidiq said:

Cool. What a nice thread for the 4 fans Thor has.

There's more, now guys I'm not sure what to call this power of Thor but it's something we have never seen Thor do.....EVER!!! Here in this scan below he is able to "see" Aphrodite- a goddess who can't be seen by any mortal besides her son Aeneas and her husband Zeus (I think):

No Caption Provided

If you look carefully, the guards themselves can't see the Goddess even when she is standing right in front of them. Also look at what Aeneas is saying in the scan above about only he and his father have the power to see the goddess, this great feat continues here too:

No Caption Provided

Now I don't know what power of Thor this is, maybe call it super vision or Thor vision I'm not sure because he does it here also. Bear in mind that in this issue, Thor has amnesia and that is why he responds to Aeneas by saying "Now do I know who I am!!!" Not much about this feat but I had to throw it out there, and here is the cover of it:

No Caption Provided

Then the following scans take place from the Mighty Thor #193

No Caption Provided

During Thor's battle with Durak, Loki casts a spell which transports Durok to another location prior to the one where he is battling Thor. As you can see above, Thor is surrounded by civilians and can't use his hammer to fly, so he makes space:

No Caption Provided

And here is the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alligatian

Now guys I have another feat of Thor flying without his hammer taken from the Mighty Thor issue 162, here is he flying in space with the Recorder:

No Caption Provided

Now guys I want to address two things about this scan above:

a) Number 1, he has his hammer tucked inside his belt. But remember what I spoke about in this thread earlier about Thor levitating with his hammer tucked in his belt? We can assume that if his hammer is next to him, he can propel himself into the air and that he doesn't have to hold it with his hands in order to levitate, just as long his hammer in next to him. And in the above scan he is not levitating, he is flying!!!

b) Two, you could argue that it makes sense to fly in space without holding his hammer because in space there is no gravity. So anyone who can't breath in space and can't fly can actually fly in space. Okay so my Gastroenterology is not good but guys we have seen that in space that astronauts themselves can't fly in space without having a cable which connects them to their ship otherwise they will float to death. Also know that just because a person can floatin spacebecause there is no gravity doesn't actually mean they can fly or propel themselves!!! It means that they are floating in zero gravity and have no control over themselves, they can't fly from earth to another planet on their own because YOU CAN'T!!! You need a device for that, hence what I explained about astronauts. Thor is flying in space to his own will and is flying there like what other heroes like the Green Lantern, Superman, Nova and other heroes like the Silver Surfer etc do on a daily basis.

The scan with Thor flying with the Recorder continues here, notice the planets and other galaxy systems they are passing along there journey (as Recorder himself records) which shows that this is not a "short" trip:

No Caption Provided

As you can see the hammer is nowhere in sight, the Recorder is actually a cyborg created by Rigellian Grand Commissioner who can actually fly on his own without needing a device....unlike Thor. You see both of them flying in space (with the Recorder in the lead) and communicating so I don't think Thor is flying here just because he is flying in a zone where there i no gravity. It still continues:

No Caption Provided

Look where they fly to? And we see that Thor has over taken the Recorder and we see that Thor completed a flying trip in space without having to rely on his hammer. Also again, when he lands with the Recorder, they are no longer in space. So Thor flying space had nothing to do with the fact that he flew there just because there is no gravity in space, when he lands at the headquarters of Tila Nile he has no problem landing (and yes we see his hammer tucked in his belt, lol).

Just a quick recap here guys, the best scans of Thor flying and leaping (think Superman leaping tall buildings in a single bound) without his hammer I will place in this order, just for you to see in case you missed something:

a) the Mighty Thor #315- Thor is tossed overboard with the captain of the ship by a mighty wave, he falls into the sea leaving his hammer on board. He summons his godly strength (stated in the panel) to "leap" onto the shore

b) The Mighty Thor #281- Thor here guys doesn't have his hammer and searches for it, in the scans you see him having no problem flying. Now you could argue that the place where Thor is has no gravity just like space since the place where he is is called Limbo. But even if that is the case, why is that when Thor flies the Phantom Stranger has to hold on to Thor's cape? Or why is that when Thor flies he grabs the Phantom Stranger's arm? Something to think about

c) the Mighty Thor #313- When Thor battles the Man Wolf at the space/rocket station, the spaceship takes off and the Man Wolf knocks Thor off the ship leaving behind his hammer on board. Now you see the gap between Thor and the rocket ascending into space, but not only that, Thor is blasted with choking fumes and burning heat whilst remaining behind on earth and yet he is not bothered by that. Now we see him leap to catch up with the rocket (think the Hulk or Superman, lol), a great feat folks

d) Astonishing Thor #3- Thor (with his hammer tucked in his belt) guys clearly and plainly levitating with the goddess Zephyr, who by her own accord is the mistress of the winds and member of the elementals. Also bear in mind guys that this Thor issue displays Thor's lifespan he lived 1000 years ago, this issue right depicts that which is why you see his costume attire and also facial features different. This is the guy who has lived for centuries and you get to see that in this comic.

e) the Mighty Thor #162- This is where we see Thor (with his hammer tucked in his belt) completing a flying trip in space with the Recorder and even overtaking the Recorder when they reach their destination.

So guys if there are more, I will load some for you

Oh, and here's the cover:

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for making useful scans here

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alligatian

@destinyman75 said:

Thanks for making useful scans here

No sweat man, anyway the next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #201 where Thor battles Pluto. Now bear in mind guys that the battle starts where Pluto attacks an unconscious Thor, now I don't know how Thor became unconscious because even in the issue that came before it (issue 200) it never showed how to the two battled so the fight basically starts with Pluto attacking an unconscious Thor:

No Caption Provided

Thor regains consciousness but Pluto blasts him in the face while Thor tries to regain his hammer, as you will see below Thor takes the blasts literally in the the face for a few consecutive seconds:

No Caption Provided

Thor regains his hammer and whacks Pluto with it, so the fight is not an H2H brawl (for now):

No Caption Provided

If you see in the above scan Thor is weary and can barely stand on his feet, Pluto takes the full shot to the face from hammer and yet stands like nothing happened (this should show how tough Pluto is):

No Caption Provided

Now guys it's been debated in Thor threads that when he battles (usually on earth) he holds back a lot, in the above scan you can clearly see he is pissed off and is not holding back now:

No Caption Provided

Pluto again is hit with the hammer by a pissed off Thor but within seconds he is blasting Thor like nothing happened, Thor eventually looses his hammer here and brawls with Pluto in H2H now (FINALLY):

No Caption Provided

Again you see Pluto's power, taking two hammer blows on the face and punches from a pissed off Thor and yet he grapples Thor into a stalemate. The battle unfortunately is interrupted by Odin, anyway here is the cover:

No Caption Provided

And now guys I'm going to post something here unusual, now before I do that I would like to address something first. A lot of people (particularity ones not familiar with Thor comics) have questioned the Donald Blake/Thor persona. In terms of, how does Thor "sleep" in Asgard, yes you heard me-how does Thor sleep in Asgard. In the sense that does he have to tuck his hammer inside his belt when he sleeps or does he have to sleep next to it? Does he revert back to Donald Blake if he is separated from his hammer after 60 seconds?

Well we all know the answer to that, "that" Thor can't return back to Donald Blake whilst he is in Asgard regarding how far away he is from his hammer. One of the column letters (you know, where readers write letters to Marvel) asked that how does Thor sleep in Asgard....you know what I pointed out. Obviously Marvel responded, but I will just post you a scan instead on what happens behind closed doors in Asgard regarding Thor:

No Caption Provided

So we see how he goes to bed and we see how he starts his day:

No Caption Provided

Well, I hope that settles the uncertainties with regards to Thor going to bed in Asgard, lol

Anyway in that same issue, here is a strength feat from Thor:

No Caption Provided

Well I was going to leave it here but, you guys wanna see what he is lifting right? Sure:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now guys from now on I'm going to make spoilers instead just to make it easier for you guys to browse the thread, sorry for not thinking about that early.

Now, time to continue. The following scans take place from the Mighty Thor #148 where Thor battles the Wrecker, now guys in this fight Thor doesn't have have his godly powers as Odin stripped himoff along with the Lady Sif and Braver the bold, here he (since the lady Sif and Braver were transported else where by the Wrecker) battles the Wrecker:

No Caption Provided

Remember guys that even though uses his hammer here, he doesn't have his powers so the hammer is meaningless:

No Caption Provided

Thor eventually looses the battle against the Wrecker in the following scan:

No Caption Provided

Now the two in that very same issue have a rematch and Thor is still "powerless" when he fights the Wrecker again:

No Caption Provided

Notice in the following scans Thor now uses some "skill" and no longer brawls with the Wrecker:

No Caption Provided

Thor manages to separate the Wrecker away from his weapon but that doesn't stop him (and we a strength feat from the Wrecker too):

No Caption Provided

Wrecker manages to regain his crowbar, notice also how Thor is resourceful now that he is powerless again the Wrecker (who was given Asgardian power by Karnilla the Norn Queen witch):

No Caption Provided

Now this is where things get interesting, the Wrecker crushes and pins Thor with the motor object you see above and look what happens next:

No Caption Provided

Thor breaks free (and bear in mind he doesn't have his powers here since they were stripped by Odin) and we see a strength feat from a powerless Thor:

No Caption Provided

Thor climbing a building? Well now you see that he is doesn't have his powers and the Wrecker again regains the upper hand as Thor tries to flee:

No Caption Provided

Thor is eventually defeated and we see this in the next scan:

No Caption Provided

Quite an effort put by Thor here guys and bear in mind that in their rematch, Thor's hammer is nowhere to be found, now here is the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

lol, even the cover shows that he won't be using his hammer battling the Wrecker

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes guys the next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #295 where we see Thor talking to the eye of Odin here:

No Caption Provided

The above scan shows Thor a vision of his past life |(thanks to the Odin eye) many centuries ago, but in this incarnation he has his powers as we see him battle two frost giants:

No Caption Provided

Yes we see in the above scan using his hammer, but once he gets clobbered by one of the giants, he puts away the hammer (as shown in the above scan) and shows the giants who's boss:

No Caption Provided

Thor looks to gain the advantage but Odin halts the match:

No Caption Provided

Later on in that same issue Odin, Thor and Loki travel to an underground cave where they encounter Alberich, a troll who stole a powerful ring from mermaids which gave him power. Here's a display of that power of his:

No Caption Provided

Obviously Thor is not intimidated and attacks the dragon, without his hammer:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Thor makes quick work of the dragon and the battle basically ends here:

No Caption Provided

Also guys, I just felt the need to post this scan here below which shows the power of Thor's hammer in this issue:

No Caption Provided

We see Thor's hammer re-create the rainbow bridge in Asgard, incredible since you look at the time span it took to travel from where Thor threw it:

No Caption Provided

To the amount of time it took to recreate the bridge and still return back to Thor, anyway guys here's the cover for the issue:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piece

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The following scans I'm going to upload will feature two battles with Thor battling Hercules and Thor battling the Hulk without his hammer, starting off is the battle between Thor and Hulk taken from The Mighty Thor Annual 1:

No Caption Provided

The battle here guys is a re-tale when Thor is discussing to a group of Thor/Hulk protesters or supporters about his encounter with the Hulk, in the above scan Thor tells Odin that his hammer must be stripped of magic for 5 minutes so that he can face Hulk man to man or god to monster. Odin grants Thor his request and the battle starts here:

No Caption Provided

Hulk is fixed on taking Thor's hammer and tries everything to make sure Thor doesn't regain it, but Thor himself is also trying to make sure that Hulk doesn't get hold of the hammer because:

No Caption Provided

Because now that the hammer is stripped of magic, it's basically a normal hammer which Hulk can easily crush and Thor wants to avoid that. A nice feat which also shows Thor's quickness in the above scan, anyway the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

Also Thor tells us how an explosion in the above scan doesn't affect him, which also shows his durability feat, the battle still rages on:

No Caption Provided

Nice skill feat shown by the Thor in the above scan, the battle looks so far to be a stalemate until what it looks like Thor's getting the upper hand:

No Caption Provided

All it takes is a second for Hulk to re-gain the upper hand once Thor is distracted and to Odin's amusement, he informs that he will not interfere in the match as the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

An unusual skill feat shown by the Hulk in the above scan and the battle eventually stops in the following scan:

No Caption Provided

Judging by the scans we see that Thor was not going all out on the Hulk but just to test that who indeed was stronger while the Hulk was out for blood, you see this when he throws something which explodes on Thor's face earlier in the fight. Also notice how Thor is concerned after Hulk is being buried under the rubble:

No Caption Provided

So there you have it folks and here's the cover of this issue (wonder if it's still out in this modern day era):

No Caption Provided

Now we move to the climate battle of the very first fight between Hercules and the Mighty Thor from the Mighty Thor Annual 1, now before they fight in typical H2H fashion with no weapons being used, here's how they meet:

No Caption Provided

So Thor and Loki (not shown in the scan above) travel to Olympus to meet with Zeus but along the way Thor meets Hercules while he attempts to cross a bridge, Hercules tries to intimidate Thor but knowing Thor himself as an arrogant god doesn't take too kindly to that:

No Caption Provided

So the two warriors battle using their trademark weapons and we see Thor do something funny on Hercules using his hammer:

No Caption Provided

We see Hercules do something cool in the above scan (lol) on how he counters Thor's hammer, the two then clash for the last time using their trademark weapons:

No Caption Provided

So the battle begins without their trademark weapons and we see some "wrestling" skills from the Mighty Thor in the above scan as the battles continues:

No Caption Provided

A strength feat we see from Hercules in the above scan and as the match looks like to be a stalemate so far:

No Caption Provided

We then see a strength feat from Thor in the above scan and the battle continues in the following the scan:

No Caption Provided

In the above scan we see a classic Thor strength feat here as the battle continues:

No Caption Provided

The match ends in a stalemate when Zeus interferes and summons both gods to his domain:

No Caption Provided

So there you have it, I'm going to upload some for more Thor feats later on and here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

I will upload some more later on, meanwhile just feats your eyes on the scans above

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alligatian

The next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #476 where we see Thor (in his new armor attire) battling the Destroyer without his hammer, the Destroyer now is possessed by the monstrous hell-hound Garm (thanks to Hela) who is sent to attack Thor:

No Caption Provided

Obviously trying to reason with the Destroyer is out of the equation since the Destroyer is out for blood, so Thor prepares to battle it:

No Caption Provided

Thor lays the first attack in the above scan as you can see and we see him using his hammer right?, but in the following scan he ditches the hammer:

No Caption Provided

Thor is blasted head on and takes the blast which shows his durability, the battle continues in the following scan:

No Caption Provided

Thor is blasted again this time in the "mid section" (as the WWE like calling it, lol) by the Destroyer and is sent "scraping" the concrete floor in the above scan, the two start exchanging blows but it's clear Thor is getting the worst of them:

No Caption Provided

Thor's new attire is ripped off and the Destroyer keeps pounding on Thor, bear in mind that Thor's hammer is nowhere to be seen:

No Caption Provided

The classical Thor trademark we see above, tossing the hammer away and brawling with an opponent and wait for the hammer to strike from behind whilst the opponent is distracted, but the Destroyer is having none of that and in the last scan he knocks out Thor:

No Caption Provided

So the battle ends there and here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Alligatian

The following scans take place from the Mighty Thor issue 133 where we see Thor and the Recorder travel to the black galaxy (where no one has travelled to and came out alive) where they encounter Ego-the living planet. Now in the below scan here we see a strength and durability feat of Thor where he battles Ego, here in the scan he uses his strength to rescue the Recorder:

No Caption Provided

Not only that but when Ego increases the heat of the planet Thor himself explains that "Such heat cannot affect the God of Thunder" and in the following scan we see him do this:

No Caption Provided

When we see Thor leap off the planet (top panel right), we see him carry the Recorder but his hammer is not shown but when he flies with him we see him holding it. It could be a writer's error, maybe they forgot to draw it but either way for me it count as a feat. Anyways here's the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Now the next scans take place from the Mighty Thor Annual 12 where the story now focuses on Odin's other son Vidar and quite strangely Thor is a supporting character in his own book. Anyways here's a strength feat of Thor quite similar to the Mighty Thor issue 302:

No Caption Provided

Also in that same issue we see Thor battle one of the Frost Giants as he heads to a castle to rescue Vidar, here's a strength feat from him:

No Caption Provided

Thor strikes one of the giants with his hammer and lifts the other with one hand, showing us his strength:

No Caption Provided

After tossing the giant with one arm, Thor heads to rescue Vigar and the following scan we see another strength feat which is well known in Thor Respect Threads:

No Caption Provided

And here's the cover of the issue folks:

No Caption Provided

Enjoy

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #147 where a powerless Thor who's powers have been stripped by Odin battles Loki, now in the story Thor has been hypnotized by the Ringmaster to help them form a heist organized by the Circus of Crime gang here:

No Caption Provided

The firing of bullets help to zap Thor out of his hypnotism as you can see that the police are not aiming for him but just to startle him to surrender:

No Caption Provided

So guys here's a strength feat from Thor who has been stripped of his powers, according to the officer here that golden bull weights over 5 tons. Now just to show you in the scan below, Loki travels to earth in search of Thor now that he has learned that Odin has stripped him off his powers here:

No Caption Provided

So we see above Loki has no trouble teleporting himself from Asgard to earth in a matter of seconds, now in the scan below we see Thor share a prison cell with another inmate. It's quite funny actually, the inmate doesn't believe he is sharing a cell with a god of thunder and tries to intimidate Thor here:

No Caption Provided

We see how long it takes Loki to teleport from Asgard to earth, anyway here a prisoner throws his weight around (even though you can clearly see Thor is still bigger than him) and Thor is ticked off:

No Caption Provided

Thor is having none of it and keeps the cell mate in check before a police guard breaks the "fight", also the man in grey clothes and black sunglasses is actually Loki in disguise:

No Caption Provided

Well guys we see here that Thor's IQ level is not bad since he discovers that the gentleman who paid bail for him is no other than Loki himself, so Loki lands the first punch and strikes Thor......bear in mind Loki has his godly powers while Thor doesn't:

No Caption Provided

Notice hear guys that Loki here is at full power while Thor's only defense here is his natural strength, but bear in mind that when I say natural strength I'm not talking about super-strength we all know of Thor.....we are talking about "natural" strength without super powers and so far Thor is doing well holding his own against Loki. Also notice throughout the battle what Loki says to Thor when he battles him, this is to give you an idea on the miss-match Thor is faced with here:

No Caption Provided

Impressive, Thor in the above scan shows some amazing H2H skills on Loki but once again Loki shows off his strength:

No Caption Provided

Again in the above scan we a strength feat of Loki where he pummels a building down with punches alone (in fact, it takes one punch to knock it down) when Thor tries to climb it and escape Loki. Loki has Thor on the ropes again and once more Thor has to defend himself using only his skill and "natural" strength:

No Caption Provided

Thor holds his own again but Loki quickly lays Thor out in the scan above and delivers what looks like to be the final blow until:

No Caption Provided

Braver the Bold and the Lady Sif interrupt the match and even though you see Loki clearly being the victor, not only did a powerless Thor hold his own against Loki but in the scan he is still conscious despite the beating he took from Loki (at full power that is).

Also one last commentary here, what I like about a powerless Thor in comics is that he is not like a powerless Superman. Think about the Superman movie where Clark was being man-handled by a drunk man in the bar, Clark was nearly sent to hospital by that dude from the beating he took and that's all because he didn't have his powers.

The nice thing here about a powerless Thor is that if he looses his powers or in this case is stripped of them, he is not some helpless and useless human who can't defend himself. Imagine the comics of Superman when he is de-powered or has no powers, how in most of his battles he doesn't engage the enemy but rather finds a away to out-wit them. Take for example the Adventures of Superman #472 where Superman with no powers has to battle Mammoth, in fact in that comic they don't battle and Superman manages to defeat Mammoth by outsmarting him.....the villain actually turns himself into the police because Superman suggested he should. See what I mean?

In the scans I've posted above at least we know that even if Thor is stripped of his godly powers, not only does he have natural strength (which in this case should be meta human anyway if he can lift an object over 5 tons) but he also uses his skills as well. But not only that, he also doesn't use his hammer in fights too!!! So far we have seen two comic issues of a powerless Thor in battle, one here where Thor battles loki and the other where he battles the Wrecker. Anyways guys here's the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

Dig the cover too, lol

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #401 which tells a tale of a young Thor, here:

No Caption Provided

Now in this issue Loki makes a bet with Thor, that the Son of Odin must live life as a mortal and not use his hammer should there be any danger of which Thor blindly accepts....to the demise of Hogun:

No Caption Provided

Yip guys on the top scan we see how arrogant Thor was in his early days (notice what he says about mankind, even the ones who worship him), anyway the bet is set and Thor has to travel to earth and is not allowed to use his hammer under any circumstance:

No Caption Provided

The ironic thing here is that in the following scan you are about to see, Thor is transported to earth where he befriends a small army of vikings (the ones who worship Thor), of course Loki is up to his tricks as we see below:

No Caption Provided

Loki uses a spell to create a storm whilst Thor and the vikings are out sailing, of course Thor is obliged by oath not to use his hammer here:

No Caption Provided

Because Thor can't do anything, some of the vikings are killed thanks to the storm, Thor then realizes that the sudden appearance of the storm was caused by non other than Loki:

No Caption Provided

Thor and the gang head into a cave in search of treasure and once again, Loki uses a spell to transform ordinary rats into giants which Thor and the vikings have to fight off without using his hammer. Because of this, more warriors perish but then we see Thor using a strength feat here where he holds up a pillar/slap of block concrete:

No Caption Provided

For those of you who want to know what is in that pouch, it's Thor's hammer and notice one of the vikings asking himself why is Thor always holding on to that pouch.

Anyway folks here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Now folks the next scans take place from the Mighty Thor #34 (Marvel Graphic Novel Presents) I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy. Now there are couple of things I would like to post from this issue, even though they have nothing to do with Thor having feats withoutusing his hammer , I feel that there are some informative scans which show us how powerful the classic Thor was.

In the scan below, Thor tells us that diving into the hottest suns has been nothing but adventure to him so this shows us again the durability of Thor:

No Caption Provided

Here in the following scan we see a speed feat of Thor on how fast he can travel:

No Caption Provided

Then the speed feat is followed by a strength feat here:

No Caption Provided

It's not really known for how long Thor has lived but this should be "one of " the indication of how old he might be:

No Caption Provided

And here we are told how a year goes by to humans is nothing to the Gods of Asgard:

No Caption Provided

And here's the cover of the comic:

No Caption Provided

And for those of you who want to know, this graphic novel is where you will find the "infamous scan" where Thor flies to space and throws his hammer across the galaxy to commit suicide, I didn't post it here since it's so well known as it is always floating around the internet and surfing the net.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next scans take place from Namor-The Submariner #59 where Namor battles Thor, now just to show how their fight began:

No Caption Provided

So in this issue Namor befriended a female known as Tamara after her world was destroyed and was the last survivor of her planet (think Superman and Krypton, lol). Tamara's abilities are similar to Namor where she can breathe underwater, so when Namor left Atlantis in a hunting expedition Tamara ventured out in the waters where she was captured and taken by Russians boarding a ship. The Russians were then confronted by the U.S navy and demanded that the Russians turn Tamara to them, since the Russians were boarding on U.S territory. Once the Russians handed her over to the U.S navy, Tamara went back and forth on attemps to escape but couldn't since she was weak on the platform of earth (similar to Namor).

So long story short once Namor found out that she was held captive, he rushed off to rescue her not realizing Thor (as seen in the above scan) was there too (since the God of Thunder was given the task by the government to watch over her and stop any attempts of escape):

No Caption Provided

The above scan shows the strength of Thor's punch as it only takes one punch to daze Namor (notice what Namor says after he is punched by Thor) and after that, Namor resorts to other methods to fight Thor since he can't fight physically. Also note that Namor comments how the punch of Thor rocked him, and Thor punchedNamor here......he didn't hit him with the hammer:

No Caption Provided

So a bunch of cat and mouse games displayed in the above scan as we clearly see that Namor is running away(or let me use the term flying) from the fight by trying to bait Thor chasing him (since Thor himself is known at times to get short tempered):

No Caption Provided

The battle takes place to Namor's turf in the ocean but notice how quickly Thor catches up to Namor underwater and has him in a "chin-lock" (as the WWE like saying), the battle then takes place underwater and Namor manages to push Thor's arm (which is holding on to his hammer) to a propeller of a boat which snaps the throng of Thor's hammer. What's also interesting about this scan is what Thor says when he enters the water which questions us that can Thor hold his breathe underwater like Superman? "Tho I be immortal born, still I am no amphibian, as Namor". Also notice that how Thor's vision is affected underwater whilst Namor's vision is affected because of pollution (may not be worth much but worth mentioning I guess).

Now guys in the following scan we see another jumping feathere of Thor which will surprise you guys:

No Caption Provided

Thor leaps out of the water (also bear in mind he doesn't have his hammer on him, just the thong) and from the scan itself he appears to be levitating. Now sure people can say that's nothing since dolphins and killer whales are known to jump out of waters themselves but the thing is guys, no human can do that....to leap out of the water on his/her own. And if that isn't enough to convince you that this feat done by Thor is jumping/leaping feat (like Superman or the Hulk), look also at the panel at what he says after he jumps "Still the scion of Asgard and the ruler of the storms. And thus have I the power to leap out of the waters." And again once Thor is in the polluted water his vision is not affected whilst Namor blinded

So guys as far as I'm concerned this is another leaping feat of Thor and oh yeah before I get carried away we see Thor swatting Namor into his cape (very funny I might add):

No Caption Provided

Also notice that Thor's hammer is not sight once Thor tosses Namor away and he is in the air mind you, hmmmmm.

So Thor disposes of Namor by tossing him yards away, also notice in the scan above what it says about Thor throwing Namor, lol. What's so nice about this comic book guys are three things even though Thor had his hammer in his fight with Namor:

a) Thor never used the hammer once against Namor in their entire fight, even underwater

b) Thor actually leaped out of the water using his own limbsand without the hammer, this was backed by his own words too

c) Namor got dazed after being punchedonce by Thor and stated it himself that he wouldn't last long against Thor and that he had to use another strategy. This feat shows the striking powerof Thor's fist, not hammer!!! LOL

So guys here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Now that we got that out of the way, the following scans head back to the Mighty Thor #263 where Thor, Lady Sif and the Warriors Three battle the Odin Beast (better known as Odin Force Unleashed). Now in this issue when Odin entered the Odin sleep to envious alien brothers (can't remember their names) took advantage of Odin entering his sleep by creating an entity (low level) that consumed most of Odin's energy making the All-father drained whilst the beast became powerful.

As it stood out in this issue, Thor's own hammer went rogue and would not follow Thor's command since the hammer itself contained energy and magic made by Odin himself here:

No Caption Provided

These are the two brothers I was taking about it and we see that weapons of Hogun the Grim and Fandral are useless, swatting aside like flies. Now in the following scan we see Thor hurling his hammer at the Odin Beast but the hammer does not return to his master's hand here:

No Caption Provided

So Thor uses brawling tactics here but is no match for the Odin Beast, the Lady Sif steps in but like her comrades is swatted aside and it's back to Thor fighting the Odin-Beast without his hammer:

No Caption Provided

They eventually beat the Odin Beast thanks to Volstage the voluminous, anyway guys here's the cover of the issue:

No Caption Provided

Will post some more feats if I get them, stay tuned