Fantasy manga suggestions?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By william300

I was looking for a good fantasy manga to read. I've already most of the popular ones (Claymore, Fate/Stay, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sword Art Online(overrated), I tried Naruto and didnt care for it. And was look for something else to read. Preferably something finished sense I like to buy whole book series at once. So, any suggestions?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you willing to extend your outlook to novels?

also even though it's not fantasy have you read kingdom yet?

If not go do so.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also even though it's not fantasy have you read kingdom yet?

If not go do so.

No Caption Provided

Kingdom is amazing. Vinland Saga is also good. But Kingdom is the best.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word

No Caption Provided

Berserk.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wut

@jeremy1989: Eh, I was never fond of Beserk. Just couldn't get into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Heroic Tale of Arslan

Monster X Monster(You can't just judge it by the beginning few chapters, if you stick with it you won't be disappointed)

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@jeremy1989: Eh, I was never fond of Beserk. Just couldn't get into it.

Nah that's cool. Everybody has different taste.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Mahou Sensei Negima is the best shonen I've ever read. Although, it starts off as a harem gag manga, and it's not a conventional fantasy manga. Still an absolutely fantastic series.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Zetsu-San

Pandora Hearts (Gothic Horror Fantasy with Lovecraftian elements), Legend of Legendary Heroes (Sword and Sorcery), Braves of the Six Flowers (Fantasy mixed with Who Dunnit Mystery).

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

If you want something more on the intellectual side (Not that others aren't intellectual), focusing on economics and witty dialogue as opposed to action scenes:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're looking for a traditional fantasy setting, Berserk is the main go to. If you do try it, I'll just forewarn you that the first 3 volumes are a bit rough in the story and character department and honestly could be skipped entirely. The rest is outright considered to be some of the best Manga ever created. (though its not finished and won't be in the foreseeable future)

Now if you don't mind something a bit more zany an "out there", you can always try stuff like Soul Eater and Ao no Exorcist(only the former is finished) Soul Eater can be a bit grating to get into due to its veryrough beginnings (particularly its amateurishly done artwork) I'd honestly recommend watching the first 37 episodes of the anime(you can catch it on Netflix) and then just go on reading volume 8 on up of the manga, it makes for vastly greater experience with the series. Ao no Exocrist, on the other hand, is good even at its start. It's particularly interesting due to its mixture of Catholic and Shintoist theology and Katou Kazue's very festive, smile inducing art.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slayers, its dnd anime version.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'd say Giganto Maxia. It's one volume, by the creator of Berserk, and really creative. Magi is the closest thing that I can think of that's Fantasy Fantasy. If you're looking for magic I'd recommend Negima, but it does start off as a stereotypical harem so that can detract people. But from what I hear the sequel UQ Holder is great and starts with action, and you don't need to read Negima to get to it.

swt_decadent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter X Hunter