Executor Sedriss Respect Thread

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By WollfMyth209

Curse you, Jedi!! I don't care if you're a MILLION years old!! Nobody imprisons a Dark Jedi!!

- Executor Sedriss

No Caption Provided

Power

Sedriss is perhaps the strongest of Emperor Palpatine's servants at the time of the Empire, aside from Darth Vader. This puts Sedriss canonically ahead of the likes of Jerec:

Perhaps the strongest disciple of Palpatine after Darth Vader, Executor Sedriss remained loyal to the Emperor after the death of his clone over the Rebel's Pinnacle Base.

Handbook #3: Dark Empire

This also puts Sedriss above Dark Side adepts that can strengthen a potent, planetary nexus:

The captured Padawans and survivors from the Jedi Service Corps are less gifted in the Force, but they will serve me nonetheless as Dark Side Adepts. Until I have use for them, they shall remain on Byss, where their connection to the Force will intensify the planet's growing nexus of dark side potency.

Book of the Sith: Secrets of the Dark Side

Sedriss possesses tremendous strength in the Force:

While some were merely yes-men, cronies barely fit to be footstools in the Imperial Court, others possessed tremendous strength in the Force.

Handbook #3: Dark Empire

Sedriss undergoes extensive training of the Force, from Emperor Palpatine, himself:

Sedriss underwent extensive training under the Emperor, learning to develop his Force talents to wield power the way the Emperor himself did.

Dark Side Sourcebook

Sedriss is the leader of Emperor Palpatine's elite Dark Jedi force, implying he is their superior and among Sidious' most elite warriors:

But the Emperor's minions continued the war. An elite corps of Dark Side warriors were authorized to put into action the Emperor's master plan to retake the galaxy: "Operation Shadow Hand." Led by the Dark Side Executor Sedriss, these Dark Jedi initiated a series of assaults against the worlds in proximity to the Galactic Core.

Dark Empire II Audidrama

When Palpatine awoke in a new clone body, he rewarded Sedriss by absorbing him into his will and making him the leader of the Dark Side Elite.

The New Essential Guide to Characters

Palpatine's military executor, Sedriss, led the operation, assisted by seven of the most skilled Dark Side adepts, a group he called his "Dark Jedi".

The New Essential Chronology

Kam Solusar notes these elites are extremely powerful:

The Emperor has a new elite corps of Dark Side warriors... they're very powerful.

Dark Empire II #1

Ood Bnar drawing power from the Ossus core, and Sedriss drawing power from the charged atmosphere causes the area around them to break:

Kam: Luke, can you feel that?

Luke: Sedriss is drawing dark power out of the atmosphere, but Master Ood is drawing energy from the ground beneath. The strain is tearing this place apart.

Dark Empire II Audio Drama

Physical capabilities/Force Valor

Sedriss essentially speedblitzes one of Emperor Palpatine's elite Dark Jedi, Nafta, before then slaying Sa-Di(also one of the Emperor's elites; impressive when these dudes are above the nexus-strengthening group of fodder mentioned above):

Sedriss tanks being thrown back by Luke Skywalker:

Sedriss survives getting Force-Crushed by Emperor Palpatine,where his ribs were collapsing, and his heartbeat slowly stopping:

Confident of his chances against the frail old man, Sedriss agreed -- and was promptly crushed to the ground by the Emperor's power. Sedriss admitted that the Emperor had defeated him and promised to honor their agreement. The Emperor didn't desist. Sedriss felt his ribs collapsing, and swore that he would serve the Emperor. Still the Emperor did not stop, until Sedriss felt his heartbeat slowly coming to a stop and begged to serve the Emperor. When he was finally able to stand, he instead knelt -- convinced that this was a superior who was truly superior to him.

Dark Side Sourcebook

Telepathy

Sedriss knows how to affect the mind of other beings:

No Caption Provided

Battlemind

Sedriss knows Battlemind:

No Caption Provided

Barrier

Sedriss easily shields himself from Jem Ysanna using the Force against him:

No Caption Provided

SEDRISS: What's this? Ah, the Force is active in her. She's trying to use it against me. I see your plan, Skywalker. You want to make a Jedi of her. But I will take her to the Emperor. She will serve him as a Dark Jedi!

Dark Empire II Audiodrama

Sedriss implies he can counter the Sith Magics of Nefta, one of the Dark Side Elite:

"What's the matter, Nefta -- is your magic of no use to you against a dark side warrior?'"

Dark Empire II #1

Telekinesis

Sedriss knows several telekinetic powers like Force Grip, Force Push and Move Object:

No Caption Provided

Sedriss could've crushed the throat of Kam Solusar, had Luke Skywalker not shielded him:

SEDRISS: (now outside) Courage will be of no use to you, Jedi!

LUKE: You must be Sedriss. Kam Solusar told me about you.

GOIR: Imperial Executor Sedriss, Jedi scum. Now you'll die.

Sound: The Dark Force rises.

KAM: (choking) My throat!! I can feel the cartilage snapping...

LUKE: That's an old Sith trick. It's deadly, but I know how to block it.

KAM: Hurry--please--(can suddenly breathe again) Ah...that's better.

LUKE: Is throat-crushing the best you can do, Sedriss?

Force Lightning

Executor Sedriss calls down Force Lightning, by drawing power from a charged atmosphere, to kill the extremely powerful Jedi Master Ood Bnar who had been drawing on the Ossus core(the same thing that allowed Bnar to blast back Exar Kun):

No Caption Provided

Sound: The Force--and Dark Force--rises, competing in loudness.

OOD: (groans) GET BACK, SKYWALKER. THIS EVIL ONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME. BUT I AM A GREATER MASTER OF THE FORCE THAN HE.

KAM: Luke, can you feel that?

LUKE: Sedriss is drawing dark power out of the atmosphere. But Master Ood is drawing energy from the ground beneath. The strain is tearing this place apart!!

KAM: Then let's get out of here!

JEM: Jedi, help me!!

LUKE: Sedriss still has the Ysanna woman! Jem, take my hand!!

SEDRISS: (straining) The woman--dies--with me--Skywalker!

KAM: Luke, come ON! It's too late to save her!!

LUKE: Then it's too late to save the Jedi. I won't leave without her!!!

OOD: SKYWALKER, I CANNOT HOLD HIM MUCH LONGER.....

JEM: Jedi--!

SEDRISS: DIE, SKYWALKER!!!

Sound: A tremendous explosion. Luke, Kam, and Jem scream as they are flung several feet into the air, and crash to the ground.

When Sedriss called down electricity from the atmosphere, Ood drew up power from Ossus' core. The two combatants annihilated each other.

The New Essential Guide to Characters

Several thousand years later on the planet Ossus, Bnar reawakened to help save Jem Ysanna, a young woman with powers in the Force. He ultimately sacrificed himself to destroy the evil Imperial Military Executor Sedriss.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Combative skill

Sedriss stomps two of Emperor Palpatine's elite Dark Jedi, Nafta and Sa-Di:

Upon returning to Byss, Sedriss found that two of the Emperor's Dark Side Adepts had turned traitor and completed destroying the clone laboratory, so they can control the Empire themselves without worrying about Palpatine's return. Fiercely loyal, even in his master's absence, Sedriss killed the saboteurs and turned at last to see the Emperor reborn, in his only remaining clone body.

The New Essential Chronology

The audiodrama portrays it a bit differently. Here, Sedriss only faces Sa-Di who isn't scared sh!tless of him, and Sa-Di gets stomped:

SEDRISS: Sa-Di, you command nothing!! You're nothing but a second-rate councilor with delusions of grandeur and--

Sound: Sa-Di lights up--

SA-DI:--and a lightsaber, Sedriss. I have touched the Dark Side. I have the power now.

SEDRISS: (he can't help it--he's laughing his butt off) Oh, Sa-Di.....if you really knew the power of the Dark Side, you would know that the Emperor WILL return. That his arrival is imminent. All around us, the Dark Side gathers it's presence.

SA-DI: You are insane, Sedriss. And you are dead.

Sound: Sedriss lights up his own 'saber.

SEDRISS: I have a lightsaber of my own, Sa-Di. But I also have the power of the Dark Side. Power given to me by the Emperor himself.

Sound: The two Dark Jedi duke it out, swinging and grunting.

SA-DI: No.....NO!! HE'S DEAD!!

SEDRISS: He is here.

SA-DI: The Emperor's time has passed! I WILL RULE!!!

SEDRISS: You will--

Sound: Sa-Di's death scream, as his lightsaber hits the floor.

SEDRISS: -- die. There. That's the last of the Dark Siders who lost their faith. I have culled the weakest of the herd.

While the comic has him being knocked on his backside, in the audiodrama portrays Sedriss as holding his own at least briefly against Luke Skywalker:

SEDRISS: Slice off their fighting arms, Goir. We'll take them alive!!

GOIR: As you command, Sedriss!

LUKE: Sedriss is mine, Kam! You take the other one!!

KAM: Come on, Goir. Care to dance?

Sound: Two lightsaber duels begin.

GOIR: Kam Solusar, you betrayed the Dark Side. Your life is forfeit.

KAM: Careful, Goir. Don't forget you showed me all your moves when I was a slave of the Dark Side!

GOIR: (screams as he dies)

KAM: And I recognized that one all too well.

SEDRISS: Your meager skills with the lightsaber will not protect you from me, Skywalker.

Sound: Lightsabers clash and hiss.

LUKE: It's not just the lightsaber, Sedriss. It's the Force that wields it!! The Dark Side is narrow, Sedriss. You know nothing of the Force, just as the dead Emperor knew nothing of the true power. And so, I've already won!

SEDRISS: You've won NOTHING, Skywalker!! The Emperor is NOT DEAD!! You haven't killed him! You can NEVER kill him!!!

It is even said Sedriss could've potentially won the struggle against the Jedi:

Sedriss and Vill Goir met Luke Skywalker and recent Jedi recruit kam Solusar on the plains of Ossus. Had it been merely a contest between dark side adepts and Jedi, Sedriss might have been victorious.

Thanks for reading
Thanks for reading

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice. Certainly raised my opinion on Sedriss a bit more.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masterful!

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zapan871

Excellent. A few things to add.

Kam Solusar views the Dark Side Elites as very powerful:

No Caption Provided

And in the scans where he is stomping those adepts he said this:

"What's the matter, Nefta—is your magic of no use to you against a dark side warrior?'"

-- Dark Empire II

As we know, Palpatine's adepts in general were capable of using Sith sorcery to control the spirits of deceased Sith lords (well, that's according to the ds sourcebook), and imo, this implies that Sedriss knows how to resist/counter it.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work!

Just wondering, why did he call down lightning on Ood Bnar? Even if Bnar hadn't fought back, wouldn't that have killed Sedriss too?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wolfrazer  Online

@wollfmyth209: Nice, you should add my Dark Jedi RT as a supplement for Sedriss, since it goes over the general Dark Adepts of the GE, while also detailing the general Dark Jedi and Dark Force Adept, the former being more powerful than the latter two and the former one to that being more powerful than the latter, who in turn are pretty powerful generally.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brightsteel

Eiiiiii, knew he was better than fodder.

Good job.

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliantly done Wollf. Raised my opinion of Sedriss slightly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice! Sedriss is still hard to rank...

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good blog. I think bigger emphasis should be put on the final quote:

Sedriss and Vill Goir met Luke Skywalker and recent Jedi recruit kam Solusar on the plains of Ossus. Had it been merely a contest between dark side adepts and Jedi, Sedriss might have been victorious.

That's by far his best accolade, after all.

Thanks, and yeah it is his best accolade.

Nice. Certainly raised my opinion on Sedriss a bit more.

@azronger said:

Masterful!

Thank you.

@zapan871 said:

Excellent. A few things to add.

Kam Solusar views the Dark Side Elites as very powerful:

No Caption Provided

And in the scans where he is stomping those adepts he said this:

"What's the matter, Nefta—is your magic of no use to you against a dark side warrior?'"

-- Dark Empire II

As we know, Palpatine's adepts in general were capable of using Sith sorcery to control the spirits of deceased Sith lords (well, that's according to the ds sourcebook), and imo, this implies that Sedriss knows how to resist/counter it.

Thanks; added them in.

Very nice! Sedriss is still hard to rank...

Thanks... And not for me. I know where I have him.

Brilliantly done Wollf. Raised my opinion of Sedriss slightly.

Eiiiiii, knew he was better than fodder.

Good job.

Thank you.

Great work!

Just wondering, why did he call down lightning on Ood Bnar? Even if Bnar hadn't fought back, wouldn't that have killed Sedriss too?

Thanks. And I assume Sedriss is smart enough to aim the lightning directly towards Ood. Also, he sensed it was his last battle so the guy really didn't care.

Nice, you should add my Dark Jedi RT as a supplement for Sedriss, since it goes over the general Dark Adepts of the GE, while also detailing the general Dark Jedi and Dark Force Adept, the former being more powerful than the latter two and the former one to that being more powerful than the latter, who in turn are pretty powerful generally.

Thanks. And I forgot you made a Dark Jedi RT, heh. But it has more than just Sheev's servants... Actually, I'm thinking of making an RT specifically for the 7 Elite Dark Side Adepts.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And where do you rank him?

Maul level. Perhaps, even higher than that.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordOfTheLight

Yeah, is he really Kun level? You implied that in some character's RT.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, is he really Kun level? You implied that in some character's RT.

That depends. I'd say he isn't far off since he succeeded where Kun failed -- actually damaging Ood Bnar.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wolfrazer  Online

@wolfrazer said:

Nice, you should add my Dark Jedi RT as a supplement for Sedriss, since it goes over the general Dark Adepts of the GE, while also detailing the general Dark Jedi and Dark Force Adept, the former being more powerful than the latter two and the former one to that being more powerful than the latter, who in turn are pretty powerful generally.

Thanks. And I forgot you made a Dark Jedi RT, heh. But it has more than just Sheev's servants... Actually, I'm thinking of making an RT specifically for the 7 Elite Dark Side Adepts.

Well yeah, but I'm saying it would show how powerful Sedriss is by comparison to other of Palps' Dark Jedi and Dark Jedi in general who are also pretty powerful.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@wollfmyth209: And where do you have Kun?

The Dooku-Vader interval. So Sedriss is Maul tier; comparable enough. Though, I'd back QL over Maul, most of the time... Though Maul's status is higher so... you never know.

@wollfmyth209 said:
@wolfrazer said:

Well yeah, but I'm saying it would show how powerful Sedriss is by comparison to other of Palps' Dark Jedi and Dark Jedi in general who are also pretty powerful.

Hmm, I suppose.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WollfMyth209
@azronger said:

@wollfmyth209: And where do you have DE Luke?

Ahead of Vader, Dooku or Anakin notably enough, though still inferior to Yoda, or Plagueis :)

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: What about Kun being above Muur, who is stronger than Vong Krayt?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan871 said:

What about Kun being above Muur, who is stronger than Vong Krayt?

Well, Sedriss is performing feats that put him nigh Kun's ballpark, and we know based on his status he's not yet at Vader's or Dooku's heels... So, yeah. SW in general is inconsistent.

Vong Krayt is only really good because of his accolade of his dark power outstripping others of his order, but I find that overblown.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: That's exactly the problem, which one is more accurate? Because then, if we have that both ways, we would have to assume someone like Vong Krayt is a complete scrub next to Vader.

And what do you find overblown about that accolade?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan871: The Star Wars hierarchy is very confusing and inconsistent at times, yeah. But I'm fine with assuming Vader is noticeably better than Vong Krayt, tbh.

And I find it overblown since Wyyrlok seemed like good enough threat to prime Krayt on his own, so he's clearly not far more powerful than him, per se. And then there's Wredd's satillite feat, where most just think he and Jao threw the satillite, whereas the only thing they did is detach/move it from it's support and gravity did the rest.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Another accolade for Sedriss. He is far more powerful than the other Dark Side Elite members, which would, by extension, put him far above the Emperor's dark side adepts in general:

In Dark Empire II, it was revealed that the cloned Emperor formed a band of seven warriors, empowered them with the dark side of the Force and started Operation Shadow Hand with the intent of once again putting the galaxy under his control. The leader of the group, Executor Sedriss, was by far the most powerful of the seven, and was groomed to be the new right-hand man of the Emperor.

-- Galaxy Magazine 8

DarthWill3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guesswhosback_1
GuessWhosBack_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers