Every Single Star Wars Telekinesis Feat

• 78 results
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@lordofthelight: Given that Zekk was distinctly able to observe the fires from the observation port, and far away, they must have been really large. Maybe not the size of the sun's solar flares( I was obviously making a loose comparison), but it should still be around planet sized give mostly, which depends really, but you get the gist. He did it millions of kilometres away, and rather casually, so that makes it more than even.

I mean, we don't know the exact distance between the sun and the planet Zekk and Brakiss were on, do we? Plus, Zekk was watching from an observation pod, which functions much like a telescope, I assume, only much more advanced since Star Wars and all, hehe.

I don't recall Luke being injured in "The New Rebellion", was he? As for no match, I don't understand how can one give a pretty decent fight to someone else, and then be stated as "no match" for the latter? Still there are compensating factors for him, like being pre-prime etc.

I must've mixed Brakiss up with Kueller, apparently. :mmm: In any case, Kueller was Brakiss' superior, IIRC, and an injured Luke performed admirably well against him, so I don't think Brakiss could've exhausted Luke. But then again, Dooku did a good job of exhausting Yoda, so... meh. ;)

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wollfmyth209

Mercury is almost 60 million kilometres away from the sun. Suffice it to say, that this "planet" should be around 1 million at least, loosely speaking?

Technicalities aside, Brakiss has a good hype, and is really powerful, etc., etc., etc. And now just admit it Myth, it is a great feat!!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: I never said it wasn't a great feat, especially given the distance. But I don't think Brakiss is planetary+ because of it, which is what I'm getting at.

Also, check the PM I sent you. It can be used for more discussion-worthy things. :)

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Nah, it'll go to the Pyrokinesis thread. And there're quite a few PK showings in SW.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By kbroskywalker

dooku force blasts, keep sin air+ disarms via force ventress(start at 2:34):

Loading Video...
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Sheev, while just goofing around, shakes and brings down towers:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You'll use the Dark Side of the Force to trick the Rebels into fighting by your side as you wipe out entire battalions with lightning and crush their puny buildings.

Insider 88

Note: the "you" refers to the player, as they are the ones who are controlling Palpatine in the game.

Kylo Ren holds a blaster bolt in place, whilst simultaneously stunning Poe Dameron:

No Caption Provided

Perceiving the threat, Kylo Ren reacted immediately. A hand rose sharply, palm facing toward the unknown assailant. The gesture was merely the physical manifestation of something infinitely more powerful and entirely unseen. It intercepted the discharge from the pilot's weapon, freezing it in midair as effectively as any solid barrier. From behind the mask, eyes of preternatural intensity tracked the attack to its source.

Initially driven by pure rage, Poe now found that he could not move. His heart pounded, his lungs heaved, but his voluntary muscles refused to respond. He was paralyzed as effectively as the blast from his blaster.

The Force Awakens novelisation

Poe Dameron cried out, firing at Ren. He didn't let his finger off the trigger. It didn't matter. Ren whirled, holding up an open palm. Poe's shots fizzled in thin air, one frozen in flight, crackling with energy.

Poe was correct that he wouldn't get a second chance to kill Ren. He might not get a second chance to do anything. One look from Ren and Poe froze. He was suddenly unable to fire his blaster, or even move his limbs. The masked man's diabolical gaze seemed to hold Poe in a state of paralysis.

The Force Awakens Junior novelisation

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger:

While exhausted, Dooku Crushes the base of a huge pillar to topple it, with just a gesture:

No Caption Provided

Dooku knocks over a crane onto Anakin and Obi-Wan:

"Fought well, you have, my old Padawan," Yoda congratulated, and his lightsaber bean to move out, just a bit, forcing Dooku back.

"The battle is far from over!" Dooku stubbornly argued. "This is just the beginning!" Reaching into the Force, he took hold of one of the huge cranes within the hangar and threw it down at Obi-Wan and Anakin.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan cried. He grabbed at the plummeting crane with the Force, and Anakin, startled awake, did so, as well. Even working together, they hadn't the strength left to stop its crushing descent.

But Yoda did.

Yoda grabbed the crane and held it fast, but in doing so, he had to release Dooku. The Count wasted no time, sprinting away, leaping up the ramp to his sail ship. As Yoda began to move the fallen crane harmlessly aside, the sail ship's engine roared to life, and all three Jedi watched helplessly as Count Dooku blasted away.

Attack of the Clones novelisation

Tyranus chokes Obi-Wan while throwing stuff at Anakin's head:

Anakin launched himself at Dooku's back—and the Count half turned, gesturing casually while holding Obi-Wan at bay with an elegant one handed bind. Chairs leapt up from the situation table and whirled toward Anakin's head. He slashed the first one in half contemptuously, but the second caught him across the knees and the third battered his shoulder and knocked him down.

He snarled to himself and reached through the Force to pick up some chairs of his own—and the situation table itself slammed into him and drove him back to crush him against the wall.

Revenge of the Sith novelisation

B'ink and Rennax together turn off a massive guard droid with the Force:

Clone Wars: Defenders of the Lost Temple

Utrila and Omani collectively open a massive door:

B'ink and Rennax together hurl away several sarls, who were rendered lightsaber resistant by the gauntlet of Ludo Kressh:

B'ink Utrila easily throws aside several sarls:

B'ink easily blasts aside dozens of these Sith-power-imbued insects, clearing a massive path:

Obi-Wan and Anakin stalemate each other:

No Caption Provided

Obi-Wan easily lifts and brings down a speeder:

No Caption Provided

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got some TK feats for Kyp Durron if you want 'em.

Trainee Kyp

Kyp hurls Luke Skywalker across a room while Skywalker was telepathically probing him:

Luke closed his eyes and sent a tendril of thought to the back of Kyp’s mind where the deep primal memories hid, leaving little room for conscious thought. Luke touched inward to the isolated nub in his subconscious thought. He pushed - and suddenly found himself hurled backward, tossed aside like a piece of fluff in a Bespin wind storm. He landed flat on his back on the other side of the room, gasping.

- Jedi Academy I: Jedi Search

Kyp, with only a small amount of training, manages to balance rocks and fallen tree boles with ease:

Supporting himself on one hand only, he could balance rocks and fallen tree boles with ease. Given my lack of ability in that area, I found his skills somewhat intimidating.

- I,Jedi

In a burst of rage, Kyp incinerates rats.

Alarmed, Kyp lost control of his anger for an instant and let fly a searing blast of power that followed the two rodents down their narrow tunnels and incinerated them as they ran. Blackened bones tumbled forward with the momentum, then slumped to dust in the stone tunnel.

- Jedi Academy II: Dark Apprentice

Kyp force pushes Corran Horn across a corridor:

Kyp whirled beneath my hand, his dark eyes blazing. I felt something solid hit my chest, but I’d already begun to move to my right. The Force blow he aimed at me glanced off to the left side of my chest, yet was strong enough to bounce me off the corridor wall. I caught myself against the rough stones, but not before I’d slid halfway to the floor.

- I,Jedi

He proceeds, this time with the assistance of Exar Kun, to force push Horn with greater force, plastering him against a wall:

Even though I braced myself for another attack, it did no good. Kyp’s previous Force blows were like light breezes compared with a full-out gale. I slammed back into the wall with a teeth-rattling impact. As my body absorbed Force energy and fed it back out, the shield I’d created grew in size. More importantly, my surprise and survival instinct opened me up the Force and allowed it to flow into the shield. Even so, Kyp’s attack jammed the shield back against the wall and I watched stone crumble beneath its rim.

- I,Jedi

Jedi Knight Kyp

Following the example of Kam Solusar, Kyp and the other students use the Force to launch boulders and rock shards at TIE fighters:

Kam Solusar stood on the other side of the clearing and, using the Force, he, too, began hurling rocks at the remaining two TIE fighters. The boulders battered the Imperial ships, smashing through the cockpits. All the Jedi trainees had the idea now, and a blast of sharp rock shards hammered the two fleeing ships out of the sky. Both exploded in midflight to the cheers of the embattled Jedi students.

- Darksaber

Kyp uses the force to push concussion missiles back into the bombing bay of a TIE bomber, leading to its explosion:

A pair of TIE bombers came in low from behind, barely visible over the treetops but moving at full speed. Kyp shouted a warning. The first TIE bomber cruised over the temple and let three concussion missiles fall out of its bombing bay-but Kyp reached out, staring at the ship, and holding his palm flat and upright. He pushed upward with the Force, visualizing the three dropped concussion missiles, and nudged the explosives back into the bomber’s bay… where they detonated.

- Darksaber

Jedi Master Kyp

Kyp, along with Ganner Rhysode, uses telekinesis to disarm Yuuzhan Vong warriors:

Kyp and Ganner glided into the press of survivors, their feet barely leaving the deck, telekinetically disarming some of their opponents even in the midst of parrying blows from stiffened amphistaffs or crosscuts by foufee blades and deflecting spears.

- New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse

Kyp destroys a shuttle with the force:

The corvette lashed out with plasma cannons and magma missiles, and Anakin’s display filled with streaks of red energy. Nothing wrong with Big Eye’s sensor package. Kyp had destroyed the shuttle … how? The Force? It didn’t seem possible. Only the most powerful Jedi could use it that way

- New Jedi Order: Star by Star

Kyp manipulates an abandoned freighter in the midst of a space battle:

“As the Master says, size matters now,” he murmured. He released his on the second missile, not caring that it was swallowed by one of the coralskipper’s stuttering singularities. Reaching deep into himself, he sought resources he had not used in many years.

Once before, Kyp had seized a ship and dragged it out of the firerce heart of a gas giant. Now he reached out with the Force and took hold of the dead freighter. It shot forward with astonishing ease, moving steadily through the vacuum of space toward the shielded coralskippers.

- New Jedi Order: Dark Journey

Durron storms into a hanger bay, TK's guards and the Jedi Knight Lowbacca then proceeds to grip Jaina Solo with the force and turn her to face him:

Anger, like a powerful wind, swept into the docking bay. Jaina sighed. “That would be Kyp”

The Jedi Master stormed into the building and up the stairs. The guards who moved to stop him flew aside, untouched by any visible hand or weapon.

The Wookie stepped forward, and Kyp aimed a psychic blast that send the two-and-a-half meter, ginger-furred Jedi straggered back.

He seized Jaina with the same dark energy and spun her to face him.

- New Jedi Order: Dark Journey

Probably Kyp Durron's most well known feat. He manages to manipulate a Yuuzhan Vong dovin basal and turn it around. It must be noted that this took all his power:

Within the Force, within the broader range of senses it gave him, he tried to feel the presence of that void. He couldn't feel the Yuuzhan Vong or their creatures, but he could feel distortions in space, hard little nuggets of wrongness where there should be nothing.

He felt many of them, but didn't know which belonged to the interdictor, which to the coralskippers, and this rarefied sensory data didn't precisely translate to exact directions and distances. A void that felt far away could be from a coralskipper close at hand.

He armed a proton torpedo and fired it. He felt its physical presence as, in a matter of seconds, it closed the distance between him and the interdictor... and was swallowed by another void.

He felt it enter the void, felt which of the many singularities it was.

And he seized upon that void, directing all his Force abilities and discipline against it.

It was like using a thin metal rod to push a grounded landspeeder. Too much pressure and it would bend, becoming useless. Too little and nothing would happen. He had to find the right pressure to budge it, to set it into motion and keep it going that way...

For a moment, the only things in the universe were him, Jaina, and the void. He moved the void, turned it around, moved it back the other direction.

Then he was himself again, in the cockpit, watching the flank of the interdictor distort. The void had moved back and touched the interdictor, and now the interdictor elongated into it, extending what looked like a pliant extrusion of what he knew to be hardened yorik coral into the singularity.

The portions of the interdictor in closest proximity to the void accelerated faster into its maw so that portions farther back tore, venting gases into space. But the incredible gravity of the singularity didn't allow the remainder of the ship to tear away and be free. It dragged greater and greater portions of the interdictor into it, compressing them, rending them, and in a moment the interdictor was gone.

Kyp felt obliterated, bone-tired, as though he'd run for days, drawing on the Force to sustain him, and had finally settled down for rest. His diagnostics board was beeping at him and he spared it a glance.

- New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dreams

Durron reaches out with the Force and direct Jaina Solo’s hand, controlling the yoke to aim and fire:

Jaina set her lasers to dual fire and waited. A brief instant later, she felt Kyp reach out to her through the Force, taking momentary control of her hand on the pilot's yoke. She felt herself aim and fire on the distant coralskipper. Kyp's lasers flashed at the same instant, Jag's a fraction of a second later.

- New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand

Kyp Durron hurls Corran Horn across a hanger with only a flick of his wrist:

He flicked his wrist, and Corran went sailing across the hanger back toward Kenth and the other Jedi. It was a particularly insulting dismissal, since Corran could not respond in kind, having been able to master the skill of Force telekinesis.

- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen

Kyp Durron lifts and moves Mara Jade's ship, the Jade Shadow:

Mara nodded. "I think so. Kyp, any reason to delay?"

"No." He glanced to the left, where the nearby Jedi Temple was clearly visible just past the Jade Shadow's stern. "Unless you'd like to save your engines-I can just pick you up and set you down over there." He reached out with his hand, palm up, an overly dramatic gesture, and the Jade Shadow vibrated for a moment, moving under the pressure he exerted with the Force.

- Legacy of the Force IV: Exile

During the spar between Luke and Kyp on Endor, Durron uses the force to throw an old wheel at the start of the duel and later manipulated nuts and bolts as an irritant:

Kyp caught Luke’s attention. “I have something to bounce off you.” With a flick of his wrist and an exertion through the Force, he sent the ancient wheel soaring through the air toward Luke

- Legacy of the Force VII: Fury

Luke felt the attack, the Force, propelling numerous small objects at him. He jumped back and brought up both lightsabers as a shower of old nuts and bolts came at him with missile speed. It was like defending himself against Yuuzhan Vong thud bugs for the first time in years, but the old skill was undiminished-he calculated which objects had a chance of hitting him and incinerated only them with his blades, letting the others fly harmlessly past.

The trouble was, the ones that flew past soon curved around for another attack.

- Legacy of the Force VII: Fury

With a flick of his finger, Durron causes a blaster to explode:

Kyp Durron made a tapping motion with his finger, and the barrel sagged, causing the weapon to misfire and explode.

- Legacy of the Force IX: Invincible

EDIT: @azronger

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WollfMyth209

@azronger: Luke kills several aliens with a saber throw, within a heartbeat:

No Caption Provided

He locked his lightsaber on and let his mind relax, reaching out with Jedi senses toward the seven figures, forming their image in his mind's eye. The alien watching him brought his weapon around the edge of the tapestry-

And, reaching back over his left shoulder, Luke hurled his lightsaber with all his strength.

The blade scythed toward the edge of the tapestry, spinning through the air like some strange and fiery predator. The alien saw it, reflexively ducked back-

And died as the lightsaber sliced through the tapestry and cut him in half.

The others must have realized in that instant that they, too, were dead; but even then they didn't give up. Howling a strangely chilling wail, they attacked: four throwing themselves around the sides of the barrier, the other two actually leaping straight up to try to shoot over it.

It made no difference. Guided by the Force, the spinning lightsaber cut through their ranks in a twisting curve, striking each of them in turn.

A heartbeat later, it was all over.

Heir to the Empire

Leia easily lifts a lightsaber, activates it and points it at a Noghri Stava without the need for a hand gesture and pretty early in her Jedi training:

And her lightsaber leaped from her belt, breaking free from its quick-release and jumping up in front of her. Her eyes and mind found the switch, and with a snap-hiss the brilliant green-white blade flashed into existence, carving out a vertical line between her and the line of dynasts.

There was a sound like a hissing gasp from the crowd. The two Noghri who had been moving toward the maitrakh froze in midstride:and as the gasp vanished into utter silence, Leia knew that she'd finally gotten their complete attention. "I am not merely the daughter of the Lord Vader," she said, putting an edge of controlled anger into her voice. "I am the Mal'ary'ush: heir to his authority and his power. I have come through many dangers to reveal the treachery that has been done to the Noghri people."

She withdrew as much of her concentration as she could risk from the floating lightsaber to look slowly down the line of dynasts. "Will you hear me? Or will you instead choose death?"

Dark Force Rising

And the comic adaption:

No Caption Provided

I just like these two instances because of how Leia and Luke start mimicking their father somewhat.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Azronger
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Myth is back!

Jacen hurls a trooper with enough force he flew as if he had been hit by a metric ton of transparisteel, and Jacen telekinetically cleared a path to Luke's side:

Beyond Jacen a trooper flew back, as if he'd been hit in the chest with a metric ton of transparisteel. The telekinetic blast cleared a path to Luke's side. Jacen slipped into it, keeping the gap open, then Anakin joined him.

New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught

Luke batters a Yuuzhan Vong to death with a cyclone of stones:

As the Yuuzhan Vong warrior whirled to face the Jedi Master again, a fist-size stone shot from the ground and clipped the warrior in the side of the head. It shattered his helmet, spraying pieces of it into the air, then another slammed into his shoulder. More stones stormed through the air as if trapped in a cyclone, battering the alien warrior relentlessly. Finally one arced in at his forehead, skipped off the shallow dome of his head, and dropped him cleanly to the dirt.

Then there's the beautiful Dovin Basal feat(keep in mind, just prior to this Luke was engaged in a massive battle so he's likely exhausted prior to performing the feat):

Luke sank back into the chair and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and reached out through the Force. He let his sense of things ride above the frayed ones' jagged profile and vectored in toward the vehicle. He got no solid sense of it directly, though a few frayed ones did appear to be housed inside. Instead he used that emptiness as a way point to search out a void, and as it formed, the black hole blossomed fully in the Force.

The void that the vehicle's dovin basals created to intercept the missiles was a gravitic anomaly that had substance in the real world. Tiny threads of the Force leaked into it as insects and birds, bats and bugs were pulled into it. Luke used their vanishing life traces and the very currents in the air that the void created to define the void. He traced its edges, knew exactly where it was, and knew how powerful it was.

He opened himself to the Force more fully than he had in years. He sought more power than he had when freeing his nephew. The Force flooded into him, at once molten-metal hot, yet as soothing as a cool rain. It swirled through him, filling every cell of his body, freeing him from fatigue, sharpening his mind.

Luke reached out with that power and latched onto the void that the Yuuzhan Vong vehicle had created. He pushed a bit, then tugged, in nanoseconds getting a feel for the power the dovin basals were able to exert to control the void. He almost smiled, since that amount of power was nothing compared to the Force, but he stopped himself short of pride in that fact.

[…]

Immediately the dovin basals started to shift the void to cover this new attack vector. Luke fed the Force into his hold on the void, thwarting them. Their pressure increased, and still Luke held it unmoving. The torpedoes got closer and closer. The dovin basals pulled harder, and when their effort reached a new peak, Luke let the void slip over toward intercepting the proton torpedoes.

The dovin basals devoted their efforts to sliding the void into place, which required both some lateral movement and shortening the arc over which the void would travel. As they brought it close to the vehicle, Luke pushed with the Force. Since the dovin basals were already tugging the void back toward the vehicle, they were not prepared to have the travel accelerated.

The void crashed into the vehicle, striking it in midspine. The long vehicle bent backward as both ends became sucked into the black hole. It flowed like thick liquid, all the sharp horns and bony plates becoming fluid as they curved up over the void's event horizon. In less than an eye blink the vehicle had been consumed by the void, leaving a huge gap in the Yuuzhan Vong formation.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Luke manipulates his X-wing through the Force, lifting it out of water:

Luke finally stretched a hand over the water. A distant speck broke the surface and swelled into the shape of a scorched X-wing.

[…]

Luke brought the X-wing to shore and lifted a wildly chirping R2-D2 from the astromech socket.

New Jedi Order: Star By Star

Mara manipulates her X-wing via TK, holding it leveled so it wouldn't tumble as she was entering the atmosphere:

A single word more, eject, came to Luke's mind. Mara wheeled toward the planet, using the Force to hold her X-wing level so it would not go into a tumble when she hit the atmosphere.

Luke guides several shadow bombs with the Force:

Luke fired the two proton torpedoes from his open bank, fired three more from the other bank, then dropped the shadow bombs stored in the XJS's third set of launchers and used the Force to send them on their way.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WollfMyth209

@azronger: Luke and Lumiya take part in a telekinetic bout -- he throws a tablecloth, she throws a severed head:

"I guess this settles the question of whether you're dead or not," Luke said. He caught another crack of the lightwhip On his long blade, darted in close, slashed at Lumiya with the shoto. But with an exertion through the Force, she lifted a severed human head into the path of the blow, and Luke's attack sent the head spinning through the air. It landed on a table stacked with food.

"Of course," Lumiya said. "I thought you knew. I am dead. I have been for decades."

"Then lie down and let us throw dirt on top of you." With a similar telekinetic exertion, Luke whipped the tablecloth from beneath all the platters and hurled it at Lumiya. It swept upon her from behind, but she cracked her whip backward, cutting the tablecloth in two, then continued the maneuver into a forward stroke. Luke deflected separate lightwhip tendrils with his two blades.

Legacy of the Force: Exile

Luke, while amped, though exhausted, lifts building-sized rubble and sweeps aside several coralskippers(13 meter long Vong ships) with said rubble and his hold over it is so great the Dovin Basal couldn't stop it:

"That fountain of Force energy is what made Nyax stronger," Luke said. "It's pure power... and we can use it, too." To demonstrate, he raised a hand like an orchestra conductor... and a mound of rubble against a building a hundred meters ahead rose into the air. Luke clenched his fist and drew it toward him, and the rubble swept toward the construction droid.

The coralskippers to the rear of the formation had no chance. Chunks of duracrete, stone, and ferrocrete plowed into them from behind. Dovin basal singularities snapped into position to swallow some of the improvised missiles, but even that was not enough. Luke's missiles smashed into yorik coral, sweeping coralskippers out of the way.

New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand

Luke uses the Force to manipulate the Killiks, dragging them away from Mara Jade, impaling them on crooked forks of energy or hurling them at each other:

Luke stretched out with the Force, dragging Killiks away from Mara, hurling them into their fellow warriors or impaling them on crooked forks of energy.

Dark Nest I: Joiner King

Luke dominates UnuThul:

The Master sighed and shook his head. "What am I going to do with you, Raynar Thul?" he asked. "You learn nothing from your mistakes."

Luke deactivated his lightsaber and picked Raynar up by the collar and slammed him against the wall. He used the Force to pin him there, waiting for an answer to his question, watching as the expression in his captive's pained eyes turned from astonishment to anger to calculation.

Dark Nest III: Swarm War

Also, might I suggest you link my Luke RT series and my Updated Kenobi RT for the "Respect Thread" links in the thread?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Thanks! I'll link them when I can. CV has been glitchy and laggy for the past few weeks so I haven't had the chance to update the thread. But at least the feats are here.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@wollfmyth209: Thanks! I'll link them when I can. CV has been glitchy and laggy for the past few weeks so I haven't had the chance to update the thread. But at least the feats are here.

I see... Yeah, CV can be weird at times.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser, you can share your anakin feat here

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheMuser

The next storm-shield generator overloaded just as Anakin reached it. He had a split second's warning, one hammer blow from the Force. The storm seemed to hold its breath...

...and then exhaled in renewed fury as the generator erupted in a burning light show of sparks. With a scream like a wounded animal the shield directly overhead collapsed and a maelstrom of theta particles poured through the gap.

He acted on instinct-and out of sheer bloody-minded terror. Throwing up his hands he used the Force to hold back the stream of theta particles, and with a shout of rage became one with the storm shield. Rejected the storm. He thought he could feel his blood bubbling. He was losing himself, disappearing within the scarlet vortex of the Force as it consumed him and transformed him into fire.

And there was his mother, whispering again. He can help yon. He was meant to help yon. Furious, Anakin stood alone against the storm.

"It was the most awful thing I've ever seen, " Qui-Gon had told him, so many years ago. "Theta storms kill in two ways, you see. If you're contaminated from a distance, well, it takes a long time to die. But if you are in the storm's path it trill rip you to pieces and then melt your bones. I've seen it kill both ways, and both ways arc cruel. Better to be swallowed alive by a sarlacc. "

Anakin felt the explosion heartbeats before it happened. Sweating and trembling with the effort of holding back the theta storm, ignoring the villagers who'd come to see what was going on, he tried to send Obi-Wan a warning-but his mind was so bludgeoned by the quicksilver torment of keeping the raging storm at bay that he couldn't feel his former Master's presence.

And then the refinery went up like Coruscant fireworks on Republic Day.

Screams and shouts sounded as panic surged through the Force, bright and white and stunning. Vision smearing and blearing, Anakin sought in the crowd for Teeba Jaklin. She'd come from the charter house to see what the fuss was about and remained because she couldn't believe her own eyes.

"Jaklin! Teeba Jaklin!"

She pushed and shoved and swore her way to him through the jostling villagers who pointed and gasped and were beginning to break for the refinery.

"Yes, Markl?" She scowled. "If that's even your name. "

"It's my name at the moment, " he said, his teeth gritted against the relentless pain of the storm. "Teeba Jaklin, please. Find Yavid for me. Make sure he's all right. "

The explosion's echoes rolled around the village, trapped beneath the barely holding shield. The red stormglow beyond it was matched by the red glow of leaping flames. The refinery was burning. He and Jaklin stared at each other as the rest of Torbel's people ran to help, shadows in the glare of the storm. Some headed for the artesian well, for water. Others made straight for the burning building full of raw damotite.

A chilling thought struck him. Was the mineral itself flammable? That smoke-was it a toxic cloud poised to poison every last man, woman, and child beneath the storm shield?

"Teeba Jaklin! Is there danger from the..."

Her eyes were full of fear. "Yes. Not drop-dead-on-the-spot trouble but even with our secret protection we'll all of us be sickly in the next few days. " She looked up at the thrashing theta storm over their heads. "Unless that clears quick soon and we can down the shields so the smoke gets to blow clean away. "

"Which..." He had to pause, to rebalance himself. The effort of fighting the storm was threatening to drive him to his knees. He'd started to breathe in harsh gasping pants. "Which is-worse? The theta particles-or the damotite-smoke?"

The question made her laugh grimly. "The storm-unless it don't clear and we're left breathing smoke for hours on end. Then we'll be likely done for whichever way you slice the bread. "

Of course they would be. The universe had a stinking sense of humor.

"You need-to find Yavid, " he gasped. "If he's-not hurt he-can help you. "

The look on her face said she thought they were all beyond help. "I'll look for him. How much longer before you fail, Teeb?"

He didn't know. He didn't want to think about that. "I'm- all right. Go. Please. " Another deep, shuddering breath. "Find Yavid. "

They were alone now, save for the men working on the shield generator. Jaklin turned away from him. "Guyne! How soon before that generator's fixed?"

The oldest of the four feverishly tinkering men spared her a glance. "Going as fast as we can, Jaklin. Half the circuits are burned out. "

Anakin tightened his hold on the Force, feeling the seethe and surge of the storm like living fire. "I can-hold on, Teeba. Don't-worry-about me. Just go. Co!"

Half step by half step, Jaklin retreated. In the garish light her eyes were narrowed. A muscle worked along her jaw. "I know what you are, young Teeb. You're..."

"Not-now, " he said, almost groaning. "Please. Find Yavid. Tell him-I'll get there-soon as-I can. "

Instead of answering, she turned to look at Guyne one last time. "Could he our lives are with you now, old Teeb, " she said, her voice cracking. "Don't you be letting us down. "

His teeth showed briefly in his thin, seamed face. "Not planning to, old Teeba. Get on now. Rikkard'll have need of you. "

Anakin took another rib-cracking breath. "Teeba..."

"I know, " she snapped, retreating. "Yavid. I said I'd look, and I will. I'm an honest one-even if you aren't. "

She broke into a flat-footed run. He watched her for a few short, uneven strides, feeling Guyne's measured stare.

Don't look at me, old man. Fix that generator, would you?

Anakin hurt so much now it would be easy just to... give in. Give up. Let go. But he couldn't do that. Hundreds of lives were depending on him. He had to stand here and take it until the generator was fixed-or his heart gave out. So he closed his eyes. Whether it made sense or not he always found it easier to focus his will when cocooned in darkness.

With sight denied him all his other senses leapt to keener life. The stink of the shield generator's scorched circuitry. The stink of burning damotite from the exploded refinery. The stink of his own sweat. He heard-felt-three more explosions. Smaller this time, in swift succession. There were shouts, sirens. Sounds and echoes drumming. The worst of the Force's insistent warning had faded, leaving him scoured hollow and stunned. Now all he felt in the Force was confusion, fear and pain. Everything he usually felt, no matter where he was. It was terrible and yet, in the strangest way, also comforting. He knew how to deal with that.

It was the unknown that made him nervous.

How long had he been standing here, holding back the storm? Probably less than an hour. It felt like days. Years. He didn't have much time before the choice of whether to let go or endure would be out of his hands. Even the Chosen One had limits.

He remembered himself as a small boy, boasting to Qui-Gon at his mother's rough table.

Has anyone ever seen a Podrace? I'm the only human who can do it.

And now he was probably the only Jedi who could turn himself into a living storm shield.

It isn't boasting. It's the truth. I've got a knack for beating the odds.

Now all he had to do was beat these odds for just a little bit longer...

Sweat pouring, heart pounding, dimly aware that he was burning himself out, Anakin clung to the Force like a child to its mothers hand. Time passed. He passed with it, in silence.

"All right, " said Giuyne at last. "I think that's got it. Teeb Markl..."

Stirring, he opened his eyes. "Teeb?"

"We're going to try the generator. Get ready. "

He managed to nod.

The other three men stepped back from the generator as Guyne, sore and sorry and tired, took a deep breath and reconnected the power supply. He flipped a series of switches, waited-waited-then activated the shield.

With a sizzling hum the storm shield came back online. Guyne and his three friends cheered, tiredly ecstatic... and Anakin slumped, falling boneless and graceless to the hard, dry ground.

Master. "I know you couldn't. I'm not angry. If anything, I'm astonished. Anakin, what you managed..." Obi-Wan shook his head. "I'm not certain that Yoda himself could've held this wretched storm back the way you did, for as long as you did. You saved the village. "

Star Wars Gambit: Siege.

There are gaps between the lines when the writer changes scenes, however all of the relevant quotes iv'e found are there, also note, anakin was fatigued for days before hand due to drawing to much on the force, last of sleep and physical activity, and marginal lack of food.

@kbroskywalker

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheMuser

@kbroskywalker: Miles long, I think, not sure I have a quote for that ATM, But point being that Skywalker successfully blocked a theta storm from getting into a broken section of the shields, which would at least be defending a surface area of 10 yards, more likely closer to 100 or more, and the storm has the ability to....

"It was the most awful thing I've ever seen, " Qui-Gon had told him, so many years ago. "Theta storms kill in two ways, you see. If you're contaminated from a distance, well, it takes a long time to die. But if you are in the storm's path it trill rip you to pieces and then melt your bones. I've seen it kill both ways, and both ways arc cruel. Better to be swallowed alive by a sarlacc. "

Note, obi wan with his, all be it limited knowledge of yoda's power, wasn't sure yoda could replicate said feat, throw in some less then favorable circumstances and you have a rather impressive feat, also he did such for almost a hour IIRC.