Every comic book character is a free agent, gimme your top 5 draft picks to create a new universe

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lawz

Let us know who you'd pick, why. Talking entertainment value here. If you wanted to craft an epic story/have a cohesive universe.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this include abstracts?

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this include abstracts?

If you want, any character. I could foresee abstracts getting problematic in regard to each other though. But I mean it's your universe. Go ham

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heroes Spiderman,ironman,batman,Captain America,Flash

Villians lex luthor,doctor doom,Red skull,Taskmmaster,zoom

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By destinyman75

OK I will do two

Just heroes and villains

Thor

Wonder woman

Logan

Loki

Doom (got to have villains or its boring

With abstracts

Thor-Good

Wonder woman neutral - will become the gods

High Evolutionary base cosmic being

Loki -evil-the third god

Phoenix-universal power

Adam warlock-order

Magus-chaos

Hard to just pick 5 lol

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Only 5? Based on money.

Batman

Spider-Man

Wonder Woman

Wolverine

Doctor Doom

This is if we could only pick 5 characters period to build a new universe from. Everything else would sprout from this. This is based on pure economic potential IMO. In my universe Wolverine would be the first born mutant. Doctor Doom would control all of the crime on Earth as well as being the president of Russia(not lavteriva)... Batman wouldn't trust anyone with powers for the first story arc until he meets a college age Spider-man.

Wonder-Woman would be the ruler of Themascaria and would be an official member of the United Nations and NATO member.

Bruce Wayne would be president of the United States and no one knows that he's Batman except his chief of Staff Alfred.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose mine based on the different perspective they bring

Heroes:

Cable : Interesting origin story, entertaining character

Gladiator: neutral Alien only cares about home planet

Superman / Martian Manhunter neutral Alien cares about new planet

Gambit (full powered / new son): Again nice origin story, very entertaining character

Thor: brings Mythology into the universe

Villians

Dr Doom: incredibility smart/ mystics brings alot to the universe interesting character

Lobo: like an overpowered Wolverine, killed his entire race for fun

Black Adam: a champion turned Villian, complex character revenge driven and power hungry

Magneto: another good origin, thinks hes doing good by his race, but hates humans.

Mr Sinister: not born with powers but was given them, then betrayed, the giver of power. interesting character and origin.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heroes:

Thor: countless possibilities of stories to be had on various different levels -Earth/cosmic/mythical

Iron Man: Always good to have a super smart tech guy interesting possibilities of stories with him

Black Panther: just really interesting character duties between king and hero and intervening with other countries

Hulk: Got to have a huge super strong brick that smashes stuff

Spiderman: Need an iconic low-level hero to be a poster boy and also has good stories around the character

Villains:

Doom: Super clever tech and mystical villain lots of possibilities with it

Thanos: Super powerful cosmic threat

Loki: Mystical villain never know what he's going to do or what side he's playing

Kang: Time-travel is always fun

Galactus: unstoppable cosmic force of nature makes for a good story

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dang. This is tough.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaptainSalt
  • Karnak
  • Captain Marvel (Carol)
  • Black Panther
  • Silver Surfer
  • Spider-man

Really tho 5 is not enough. I need room for:

• Black Bolt
  • Iron fist
  • Captain America
  • Daredevil
  • Black Widow
  • Blue Marvel
  • Manifold
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Nova

OblivionHuntx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OblivionHuntx

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Spider Man, Dr Doom

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, bats, human torch, spidey, and Deadpool

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dream of the Endless: High-end cosmic and endless potential to spawn stories/characters(pun unintended).

Hercules: Traditional long living epic hero and can bring different mythologies together.

Nick Fury: Would change him to be a little more of a super soldier who leads a SHIELD like organization with a few government based heroes with him.

Dr. Fate: Mystic stuff

Starbrand: Young adult who suddenly gains powers and has to juggle an ordinary life with being a superhero. Can also bring in alien races, cosmic entities, and such as protector of Earth.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 560

I like the idea of going for a grounded universe.
1st Pick - Batman (Hero)/Joker (Villain)
2nd Pick - Ninjak (Hero)/Lex Luthor (Villain)
3rd Pick - Punisher (Hero)/Carmine Falcone (Villain)
4th Pick - Moon Knight (Hero)/Bane (Villain)
5th Pick - Black Widow (Hero)/Crossbones (Villain)

Either that or go the whole mutant route where everyone is scared of those with powers as that makes for interesting dynamics.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrmonster

Superman

Hulk

Wolverine

Darkseid

Thanos

Go big or go home

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Robocop, Savage Dragon, Dudge Dredd, The Punisher, and Wildcat kind of a metahuman police force.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heroes:

• Batman
  • Nightwing
  • Jim Gordon
  • Jeremiah Arkham
  • Robin

Villains:

• The Joker
  • Two-Face
  • Red Hood
  • Dr. Hurt
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

Black Panther

Midnighter

Mr. Majestic ( Wildstorm not that DC crap)

John Constantine

Hal Jordan ( he'd have the last will ring though)

oGrettic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow

The Punisher

Wolverine

Deadpool

Deathstroke

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hush114

Heroes

1.Batman

2.Spiderman

3.Superman

4.Wonderwoman

5.Wolverine

Villains

1.Magneto

2.The Joker

3.Lex Luthor

4.Bane

5.Venom

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of a random mix, but something of a Street level continuity with occult shenanigans and some super powers.

Good Guys

1. Ghost (Dark Horse)

2. Luke Cage (Marvel)

3. Raymond Stoner from Jim Starlin's Breed

4. John Constantine (DC)

5. Lela Cho, aka Tech (Ultraverse)

Bad Guys

1. Deathwatch (Marvel)

2. Fane (villain of Dan Brereton's Nocturnals)

3. Rune (Ultraverse)

4. Roland Desmond (DC)

5. Vendetta (Image, Shadowhawk villain)

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogrettic-:

Dude, that would actually be a really interesting team dynamic. I wouldn't mind seeing that team in a comic.

I'm inspired. On my next break I'm gonna try to make a team with a better dynamic. Lol

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes:

Cyclops

Flash

Blue Beetle

Spider Man

Batman

Villains:

Magneto

Sentinels

Lex Luthor

Two Face

Ares

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Batman
  2. Batman
  3. Batman
  4. Batman
  5. Batman
minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in my universe I would include:

1. Punisher

2. Doctor Strange

3. Silver Surfur

4. Bloodshot

5. Kang the Conqueror

I think what would be interesting is a story similar to the beginning of the Inhumans most recent run. Kang sending the heroes through time. Not super original though.

Another world

1. Punisher

2. The Question

3. Bloodshot

4. Archer

5. Jackal

Kinda go the horror route with Jackal, cloning stuff and what not. He'd have to play some mind game with bloodshot and Archer as they're much more powerful street levelers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...

Only need 2:

• Green Lanterns
  • Frieza(Planet Trade Organization)

Would be cool to see the PTO wage war against the Lantern Corps..

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here, and say that 5 is way too small a number. You can make it 10, and it'd still wouldn't be enough to populate an entire universe. So, what I'm gonna do is go with the Valiant model: 5 solo books, but I'll pick a supporting cast, antagonists and whatnot from all fictional comic book universe. Anyway, let's get to it:

No Caption Provided

Title: Doctor Doom

Gengre:Supernatural, Political Thriller, Cosmic Horror, Character Drama

Protagonist:Victor Von Doom/ Doctor Doom

Supporting Cast:Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlet Witch, Lucifer Morningstar, Kristoff Vernard, Boris, The Mad Thinker

Antagonists:Reed Richards/ The Maker, Dormammu, Ra's Al Ghul & The League of Assassins, Black Adam, Ocean Master, Chthon, Anton Arkane, Maxwell Lord & Task Force X (Random), The Cabal (Lucia Von Bardas, Dracula, Morgan Le Fay, Helmut Zemo), Ultraman, The Marquis of Death, Darkseid & Apokolips

Premise:Victor Von Doom is many things, but what exactly is hidden deep in his soul, beneath all the layers? Is he truly a noble man with the best intentions who uses extreme means, or is he simply just another delusinal madman with a God complex?

Notes:

• We pick up with Doom as King of Latveria, trying to expand his sphere of influence, but we'll take trips to the past as old ghost emerge.
  • This Doom is mostly a good-guy, so no Unthinkable-esque acts, but he's still prideful and sometimes cruel. He has a soft spot for Wanda though.
  • The book would be fairly somber and creepy, with mostly Lovecraft-esque stories. Lots of Geopolitical undertones too.

No Caption Provided

Title: Iron Man

Gengre:Sci-Fi, Political Thriller, Super-Hero, Character Drama

Protagonist:Anthony Stark/ Iron Man

Supporting Cast:Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, James Rhodes/ War Machine, Spider Jerusalem, Natalia Romanoff/ Black Widow

Antagonists:Lex Luthor & LexCorp, Gregory Stark/ Iron Monger, Victor Fries/ Mr. Freeze, Ghost, Floyd Lawton/ Deadshot, Mandarin, Zeke Stane/ I.M. 2.0, MODOK & A.I.M., Dario Agger & ROXXON, Bruce Wayne/ Owlman & The Court of Owls, Ultron & Brother Eye, Kang the Conqueror

Premise:The modern world is a terrifying place, and nobody knows that like Tony Stark, the man who helped make it that way. Now he's trying to balance the scales, but at what cost?

Notes:

• Same origin as in the 616, just with the Mandarin connection from the MCU.
  • Stark is still an unapologetic capitalist and consevative. He's a massive humanitarian though, and the book would take place all across the globe.
  • The book would be filled with themes such as transhumanism, and it'd be similar to Deus Ex, with a dash of Mad Men.

No Caption Provided

Title: Ninjak

Gengre:Espionage, Political Thriller

Protagonist:Colin King/ Ninjak

Supporting Cast:Nicholas Fury & SHIELD, Lucas Trent/ Midnighter, Elektra

Antagonists:Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke, HYDRA (Ophellia Sarkissian/ Viper, Wolfgang Von Strucker, Silver Samurai), Prometheus, Norman Osborn/ Green Goblin & OsCorp, Erik Lensher/ Magneto, Zebediah Killgrave, Doctor Sivana & Weapon X (Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Fantomex)

Premise:The best secret agent in the world is going down the rabbit hole, and he'll come face to face with the deepest and most dangerous secrets of our planet.

Notes:

• Deathstroke was Colin's mentor, who really wasn't interested in doing the right thing, which lead to him betraying SHIELD when the time came.
  • Midnighter is Ninjak's best friend, through they don't work together in missions.
  • Viper was Colin's old flame, though he's currently eyeing Elektra.
  • It'd be a mix between James Bond & Assassin's Creed, with the hidden societies, ancient organizations and whatnot.

No Caption Provided

Title: Martian Manhunter

Gengre:Sci-Fi, Cosmic Epic

Protagonist:J'on Jon'zz/ Martian Manhunter

Supporting Cast:Galaan of Taa/ Galactus, Richard Rider/ Nova Prime, Uatu The Watcher

Antagonists:The Gah-Lak-Tus Engine, Brainiac, Sinestro, Thanos, Annihilus, Doomsday, The High Evolutionary, The Collector, The Galactic Council (Ronan, Kl'Rt, J'Son, General Zod), Magus & The Universal Church of Truth, The Phoenix Force

Premise:The last Martian is trying to deal with his blood-stained past by making the universe a safer place.

Notes:

• His past mirrors' the Surfers, as he gave his life to Galactus, in order for Mars to be spared. Nevertheless, the years came and went, and Martians became mostly extinct, due to them being a peaceful species, and other races having depleted their planet of natural sources and enslaved them.
  • Galactus has long abandoned his duties, and left a machine in his place, which is far crueler than he ever was.
  • J'on is a mix of Superman & SS. He spends time on Earth and has a "life", protecting it, but he spends the majority of his time roaming the Universe and trying to perform good deeds in order to ease the pain of his sins.
  • Meanwhile, he's trying to find any surviving Martians.
  • The Martians were alive millions of years before us, making J'on quite old himself.
  • It'd be a hard sci-fi book, but with lots of metaphysical/spiritual undertones. Think Mass Effect crossed with Star Wars.

No Caption Provided

Title:Wonder Woman

Gengre:Fantasy, Epic Tragedy, War Epic

Protagonist:Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman

Supporting Cast:Steven Rogers/ Captain America, Artemis, Hippolyta, Heracles/ Hercules, Greek Gods

Antagonists:Ares, Circe, Gorr The God Butcher, Red Skull & The AXIS (Arnim Zola, Doctor Faustus, Master-Man, Crossbones, Sin), Vandal Savage, En-Sabah-Nur/ Apocalypse, Nathaniel Essex/ Mr. Sinister, Loki, Mephisto

Premise:Wonder Woman fights ancient threats and modern evils in order to protect the world she loves.

Notes:

• We pick up in the modern times, with Diana a well-known hero/leader/ambassador, but someone who hasn't tackled any huge threats yet.
  • Rogers replaces Trevor. He and Diana had a couple of WW2 adventures, and we get flashbacks to them. Present-day Steve is the POTUS.
  • She resides mostly in Crete and New York, having left Themiscyra to find her own way in life.
  • It'd be a book focused mostly on war and it's effects, but the progression of, and the plot itself, would be similar to the ancient Greek Tragedies.
Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here, and say that 5 is way too small a number. You can make it 10, and it'd still wouldn't be enough to populate an entire universe. So, what I'm gonna do is go with the Valiant model: 5 solo books, but I'll pick a supporting cast, antagonists and whatnot from all fictional comic book universe. Anyway, let's get to it:

No Caption Provided

Title: Doctor Doom

Gengre:Supernatural, Political Thriller, Cosmic Horror, Character Drama

Protagonist:Victor Von Doom/ Doctor Doom

Supporting Cast:Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlet Witch, Lucifer Morningstar, Kristoff Vernard, Boris

Antagonists:Reed Richards/ The Maker, Dormammu, Ra's Al Ghul & The League of Assassins, Black Adam, Ocean Master, Chthon, Anton Arkane, Maxwell Lord & Task Force X (Random), The Cabal (Lucia Von Bardas, Dracula, Morgan Le Fay, Helmut Zemo), Ultraman, The Marquis of Death, Darkseid & Apokolips

Premise:Victor Von Doom is many things, but what exactly is hidden deep in his soul, beneath all the layers? Is he truly a noble man with the best intentions who uses extreme means, or is he simply just another delusinal madman with a God complex?

Notes:

• We pick up with Doom as King of Latveria, trying to expand his sphere of influence, but we'll take trips to the past as old ghost emerge.
  • This Doom is mostly a good-guy, so no Unthinkable-esque acts, but he's still prideful and sometimes cruel. He has a soft spot for Wanda though.
  • The book would be fairly somber and creepy, with mostly Lovecraft-esque stories. Lots of Geopolitical undertones too.
No Caption Provided

Title: Iron Man

Gengre:Sci-Fi, Political Thriller, Super-Hero, Character Drama

Protagonist:Anthony Stark/ Iron Man

Supporting Cast:Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, James Rhodes/ War Machine, Spider Jerusalem, Natalia Romanoff/ Black Widow

Antagonists:Lex Luthor & LexCorp, Gregory Stark/ Iron Monger, Victor Fries/ Mr. Freeze, Ghost, Floyd Lawton/ Deadshot, Mandarin, Zeke Stane/ I.M. 2.0, MODOK & A.I.M., Dario Agger & ROXXON, Bruce Wayne/ Owlman & The Court of Owls, Ultron & Brother Eye, Kang the Conqueror

Premise:The modern world is a terrifying place, and nobody knows that like Tony Stark, the man who helped make it that way. Now he's trying to balance the scales, but at what cost?

Notes:

• Same origin as in the 616, just with the Mandarin connection from the MCU.
  • Stark is still an unapologetic capitalist and consevative. He's a massive humanitarian though, and the book would take place all across the globe.
  • The book would be filled with themes such as transhumanism, and it'd be similar to Deus Ex, with a dash of Mad Men.
No Caption Provided

Title: Ninjak

Gengre:Espionage, Political Thriller

Protagonist:Colin King/ Ninjak

Supporting Cast:Nicholas Fury & SHIELD, Lucas Trent/ Midnighter, Elektra

Antagonists:Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke, HYDRA (Ophellia Sarkissian/ Viper, Wolfgang Von Strucker, Silver Samurai), Prometheus, Norman Osborn/ Green Goblin & OsCorp, Erik Lensher/ Magneto, Zebediah Killgrave, Doctor Sivana & Weapon X (Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Fantomex)

Premise:The best secret agent in the world is going down the rabbit hole, and he'll come face to face with the deepest and most dangerous secrets of our planet.

Notes:

• Deathstroke was Colin's mentor, who really wasn't interested in doing the right thing, which lead to him betraying SHIELD when the time came.
  • Midnighter is Ninjak's best friend, through they don't work together in missions.
  • Viper was Colin's old flame, though he's currently eyeing Elektra.
  • It'd be a mix between James Bond & Assassin's Creed, with the hidden societies, ancient organizations and whatnot.
No Caption Provided

Title: Martian Manhunter

Gengre:Sci-Fi, Cosmic Epic

Protagonist:J'on Jon'zz/ Martian Manhunter

Supporting Cast:Galaan of Taa/ Galactus, Richard Rider/ Nova Prime, Uatu The Watcher

Antagonists:The Gah-Lak-Tus Engine, Brainiac, Sinestro, Thanos, Annihilus, Doomsday, The High Evolutionary, The Collector, The Galactic Council (Ronan, Kl'Rt, J'Son, General Zod), Magus & The Universal Church of Truth, The Phoenix Force

Premise:The last Martian is trying to deal with his blood-stained past by making the universe a safer place.

Notes:

• His past mirrors' the Surfers, as he gave his life to Galactus, in order for Mars to be spared. Nevertheless, the years came and went, and Martians became mostly extinct, due to them being a peaceful species, and other races having depleted their planet of natural sources and enslaved them.
  • Galactus has long abandoned his duties, and left a machine in his place, which is far crueler than he ever was.
  • J'on is a mix of Superman & SS. He spends time on Earth and has a "life", protecting it, but he spends the majority of his time roaming the Universe and trying to perform good deeds in order to ease the pain of his sins.
  • Meanwhile, he's trying to find any surviving Martians.
  • The Martians were alive millions of years before us, making J'on quite old himself.
  • It'd be a hard sci-fi book, but with lots of metaphysical/spiritual undertones. Think Mass Effect crossed with Star Wars.
No Caption Provided

Title:Wonder Woman

Gengre:Fantasy, Epic Tragedy, War Epic

Protagonist:Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman

Supporting Cast:Steven Rogers/ Captain America, Artemis, Hippolyta, Heracles/ Hercules, Greek Gods

Antagonists:Ares, Circe, Gorr The God Butcher, Red Skull & The AXIS (Arnim Zola, Doctor Faustus, Master-Man, Crossbones, Sin), Vandal Savage, En-Sabah-Nur/ Apocalypse, Nathaniel Essex/ Mr. Sinister, Loki, Mephisto

Premise:Wonder Woman fights ancient threats and modern evils in order to protect the world she loves.

Notes:

• We pick up in the modern times, with Diana a well-known hero/leader/ambassador, but someone who hasn't tackled any huge threats yet.
  • Rogers replaces Trevor. He and Diana had a couple of WW2 adventures, and we get flashbacks to them. Present-day Steve is the POTUS.
  • She resides mostly in Crete and New York, having left Themiscyra to find her own way in life.
  • It'd be a book focused mostly on war and it's effects, but the progression of, and the plot itself, would be similar to the ancient Greek Tragedies.

I'm in man. Absolutely epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-598aab95b6c09
deactivated-598aab95b6c09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz:

No Caption Provided

Thanks man, I appreciate it! To be honest, I've actually written drafts for some of these books, and I was considering turning them into full-blown web-comic fan-fic. It actually goes about 7 years or so back, when I wanted to turn my stories into stop-motions, but it required too much work and time, so I shelved it. A couple years ago I learned about those Wacom Cintiq tablets, and considered buying one to turn them into Animations. Life's a bit too hectic with Uni though, so I've got to postpone it at least until the summer.

My main problem is choosing one book, to be honest. Obviously I'm not gonna mix universes, but I just don't know what genre I want to tackle. I've mostly narrowed it down to Doom & Iron Man, which are the ones that I've "developed" more. On one hand, Doom is my fave, but I'm not a horror movie guy, so I worry that I'll drop the ball. Iron Man could be easier, but between Deus Ex, Fraction's run & Blade Runner, I'm not sure what's more to write. Martian Manhunter would be a pretty clean slate though, and I love me some Sci-Fi...

I mean, it's all about personal enjoyment, and I mainly just want to do something useful as a hobby when I'm taking a break from studying Programming and Math and CHemistry and Physics and... (universities are weird here).