Does Batman belong on the Justice League?!?!

• 131 results
ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ariesxmasters

So I was reading the Justice League and I stumbled across this page. I was kind of like "In a way Luthor is correct". What does Batman offer when it comes to the Justice League now, Luthor is covering them when it comes to money which is what Batman was doing before, Batman has no powers like the others. So does he belong on the Justice League in your opinion anymore? Or did you feel he didn't belong to begin with? Tell why you think he does or does not.

No Caption Provided

SamuraiBuddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Luthor is correct. But I feel that Batman shouldn't be on any team(besides maybe Dynamic Duo) I feel my/the ideal Batman wouldn't want to be on a team.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Yes. Batman is the glue that holds the league together. He prepares for every emergency, and puts the job before anything.

WeAreMany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is in some ways the most important member.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No. But his worshippers would b*tch about it.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. nothing about Batman fits the JL.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Tell Luthor to read G Morrison's JLA.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yes. Every team needs a great tactician.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3aa070510fb
deactivated-5c3aa070510fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read Geoff Johns justice league but I hear he likes to humiliate batman. So going to go out on the limb and assume this isn't the most trustworthy source.

Anyways bearing that in mind its true batmans value has gone down with the addition of Lex but I would still not call batman useless. Now he is still useless to Lex but to the league he is not. He brings his tactical mind, and all though thats something Luthor has to (arguable who is better between the two in that regard and depending on you answer batman can be either more useful or less useful, I think Luthor beats him techwise though), batman will always be more trustworthy than Lex. Lex maybe on the league but he isn't the hero batman is. Like I think if it ever came down to it Luthor would be willing to sacrifice millions if it meant saving the planet, thats not something batman would do. Batman would find a way to save everyone. Lex will never be a true hero, batman will basically always be a true hero. Batman is a tactician that can be trusted, Luthor not so much. Plus Luthor is more arrogant, so not sure if he is as good at contingency planning as batman is. So I'll say batman is a slightly better tactician from what I have seen of Luthor.

That and batmans pretty amazing at stealth. So even ignoring all that he can still do recon better than the others. That said there are days when I wish batman would leave the league....I don't like it when writers go all bat god. But over the years I think its been shown that batman does add value. Even now with Lex on the team.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is smarter than Batman, has better resources, has massively better technology, and can be a benefit both in the war room and on the field thanks to his Superman fighting battlesuits. He is superior to Batman in every way, and could easily replace Batman and make the League stronger for it.

However, this is Lex flippin' Luthor. He cannot be trusted.

So I'd say the League does need Batman. Specifically it needs Batman to be there to catch Luthor mid-plot when he inevitably betrays the League. The rest of the Justice League aren't the plotting and scheming sort, and Batman's entire purpose as a character is to deal with plotters and schemers.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesn't belong to the Justice League.

The Justice League belongs to him.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he does. To say different I just stupid. He's the tactician. The brains. The one who always remains calm and keeps them together. He's the one who organized them when Darkseid invaded. No, luthor was not right at all. Superman said so. He believed that all batman was there for was money which is simply false. Lex doesn't understand what the league is about or Batman's importance.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EyeDCyou
RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@retconcrisis: Well he did beat Superman

Well, that was because he had prep. If he didn't have prep that surely would've been a total win or at least a tie.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johnny_blaze

@drago666: But Grant Morrison and Bruce Timm LOVE to humiliate the Justice League, just to make Batman look good. I'm sure you have no problem with that though.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not needed. they upplay Batmans abiltys while down playin everyone else. Batman is simply not needed on that team of powerhouses.

WeAreMany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not needed. they upplay Batmans abiltys while down playin everyone else. Batman is simply not needed on that team of powerhouses.

Agreed. They should replace him with Quicksilver, right?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think Batman should be a recruited for special ops. Personally Green Arrow fits the team better than Batman. Batman should be on a low key Outsider team or a Secret Avengers type team.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there always threads like this? So what if Luthor is smarter and richer? Does anyone say Wonder Woman doesn't belong because Superman is a stronger faster flying brick with more powers? Should Pym, Banner, T'Challa not be allowed to be Avengers because Stark is smarter than they are? Should Black Widow and Hawkeye even be Avengers? Is there a genius rich guy quota that can't exceed 1 that I'm forgetting about. Batman's intellect, skills and wealth are still very valuable to the League not to mention the biggest asset he brings: He sells books, Batman's popularity >>>>> Lex Luthor's wealth and intelligence. Without him would the JL be as popular as it is? Maybe but probably not. People just nitpick so much with Batman it's getting embarrassing.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Batman should be on any Justice League team. He is to the Justice League what Captain America is to the Avengers.

WeAreMany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce is richer actually. But yea, hes also a better tactician and is focused on helping people rather than helping himself. So of course hes better for the Justice League than Luthor. Anybody who says otherwise is not up to date.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid question, of course he does.

... to sell books.

Human or low-level metas without any distinctively useful or powerful abilities and powers to complement team functions are harder to justify being on a team with a bunch of supers that can swat them aside like flies or make their "unique" traits obsolete in every respect. This goes for any superhero or villain team who has the "normal" guy being their headliner rather than functioning primarily as support operating from behind the lines and being used as an asset on the field only as a last resort, lest they risk getting splattered by any super worth a crap and with half a brain to target the squishy meatbag that foolishly entered a fight with beings with godlike powers.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VMole

Yes. Batman should be on any Justice League team. He is to the Justice League what Captain America is to the Avengers.

Captain America's serum either needs to get magically jacked up power-wise to tangle with bigger threats directly, or he needs to sit his behind in the captain's chair and be explicitly his team's command and control, Batman also has no business being on the field against planetary threats and supers that can easily splatter him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: captain america is regular but he belongs on the avengers. Same with batman. He is smart and plans things out. In issue 34, the justice league held off the doom patrol from attacking power ring so that batman could get to her and stop her from destroying a city. That's something lex tried to do and failed. Something that no other member could do. Batman also organized the team when Darkseid attacked and went to Apokolips to save superman. Flash has also called on batman for help before. He's just as important as everyone else. And he actually contributes more than just money.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: They do belong on their respective teams, as purely support roles and not in direct fights against supers with powers that put them well above their pay grade. As someone else already suggested, Batman can organize the more secretive functions of the League, same with how Captain America would serve as C&C for his team, support roles that are still very useful and believably within their abilities.

I'm going to need context on how Batman dealt with Power Ring, I haven't read that one yet.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it safe to say people who have a problem with Batman on the JL but not with any other non powered human on the JL/Avengers are just threatened by his popularity? I can't think of any other single logical reason we never see similar threads for people like Cap, Green Arrow, Black Widow and Hawkeye. You can't argue Batman is any less useful than any of them. If you think Batman is useless you should think the same of those characters. But of course butthurt haters will give those characters a pass because none of them is the most popular superhero in the world. People just don't want to admit they don't want him on the team not because they think he's useless but because they either personally hate the character or are jealous he's more popular than their favorite and want him out of the way. Being bitter over the massive popularity of a fictional character you don't like which in turn causes you to obsessively look for ways to prove said character is useless is beyond sad. But rage on if it helps your moronic crusade against DA EVIL BATGAWD..

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: Not sure how much you know, but the GL ring from earth 3 took over some lady and was controlling her and making her destroy everything, but batman was able to help her control it and overcome her fear and comfort her enough to stop the rings control. Lex was trying to stop her as well, and believed the league was holding off the doom patrol for him but they were really doing it for batman, so he could save her. I'd consider that part of his smarts/tactics. Lex has a very different idea of how to stop power ring. I guess its likely the other members could have calmed her down enough to overcome the rings control but they may not have known enough about how it works to stop it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Black_Arrow

He is richer, better strategist and better leader.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: That's exactly my point though, anyone with a relatively shallow interest in psychology or sufficient people skills could have done the exact same thing Batman did if all he did was talk her down (if that's all he did, like I said, I didn't read that far), it's not anywhere near a special skill of note compared to the abilities of actual supers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it is clear that Geoff Johns is a hack that has no idea how to write Batman, and he dislikes the character. This scene was mentioned earlier, and it shows why Luthor is wrong.

"You thought you were going to save the day Luthor?" At least Johns got this scene right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: fair enough, I guess. He sympathized with her and explained how he understood being a victim and being afraid, and even gives her a hug. It was a pretty cool moment but I guess it wasn't the best example of his importance to the league. Who knows of they could have connected with her emotionally like batman did though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Extremely accurate comment that sums up Comicvines view of Batman.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By johnny_blaze

@jack_donaghy: Lmao umm relax dude, it's not that serious. He's only a comic book character. No need to be upset lol. But you have to admit, writers make his peers and everyone else around him look dumb when it comes to Batman. What's wrong with Geoff Johns knocking him down a few pegs? Does he always have to be the smartest person in the room?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@eyedcyou said:

Yes. Batman is the glue that holds the league together. He prepares for every emergency, and puts the job before anything.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why is it okay to love/worship/wank Batman on here but when someone dislikes him, it's a problem?

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

Captain America's serum either needs to get magically jacked up power-wise to tangle with bigger threats directly, or he needs to sit his behind in the captain's chair and be explicitly his team's command and control, Batman also has no business being on the field against planetary threats and supers that can easily splatter him.

I see precisely what you mean.

I still disagree. Batman is an icon. I think the other JL members have always relied on his utter confidence to deal with any threat.

Can Batman whip Mongul or Hunter Zolomon? Nah.

But he adds the fear factor. He believes so much in himself, he inspires confidence in everyone else.

Batman is a bada$$.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: @johnny_blaze: There are three people on this site in total that wank Batman. It is far more popular to bash him and downplay his abilities these days.

And vmole, Luthor is wrong for a couple reasons. In the example provided, Luthor came up with a plan to defeat Power Ring, and Batman knew it would fail, and "saved the day" But in general, Batman is just as smart as Luthor tech wise, contrary to common belief, and he is a better tactician and strategist.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes he's a criminology expert, and the League was created to protect the earth and help win the war on crime.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Batman, or any other peak human, doesn't belong on a team of powerhouses at all. Even his intelligence is useless with clark there. The one thing he does have is different mindset, but that could be done over the phone, and still useless in a situation which someone like clark should have to deal with. Bruce won't even know what is happening at those speeds, much less be of any help, physically or mentally.

In fact, someone with clark's intelligence could get richer than Bruce without a problem if he wanted.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Lmao umm relax dude, it's not that serious. He's only a comic book character. No need to be upset lol. But you have to admit, writers make his peers and everyone else around him look dumb when it comes to Batman. What's wrong with Geoff Johns knocking him down a few pegs? Does he always have to be the smartest person in the room?

Relax? I'm good man I wasn't cursing or anything, I admit I got annoyed but I wasn't flipping out. It's funny you bring up he's only a comic book character to me (thanks didn't know that) but it goes both ways. You should tell that to the people who constantly complain about him but since you clearly don't like him you won't. The people who always say he's useless or overrated are just as fanatical about him as me or any fan of his is just in a negative way. They talk about him more than characters they actually like guess no one can resist dat Batcharisma (yeah I know that was lame) And why does he need to be "knocked down a few pegs" do you think any other JL member needs the same treatment? Batman being shown to be smart isn't the same as the other members being made into idiots. He doesn't have powers so to show his usefulness to the team they're going to shine a light on his intelligence his superpower in a way. Think of it like this, Superman being shown as the strongest member doesn't mean the others are weak and useless.You could argue Johns has given Lex the same treatment Batman has gotten that has led to him being called BatGod. Should Lex be knocked down a few pegs?