• 168 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Does Batman Always Win? 2.0 VOTING: Taskmaster vs. Batman (546 votes)

Taskmaster 41%
Batman 51%
Too close to call 8%

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
  • All characters have standard gear. For Taskmaster, this does NOT include the wrist gauntlet from his first mini, nor does he have double-speed.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs on the battle from industry talent.
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@owie: There's no running away in this fight, however. Anyone becomes serious when their life is on the line. And you're still disregarding that Taskmaster has a wide skill range, and many styles he can swap too at any given time, whereas Bruce will have his styles mimicked by Taskmaster, meaning if he doesn't keep on switching it up, he'll keep getting countered.

Taskmaster has many skills to swap between, whereas Bruce will begin to run out.

@jayc1324 said:

@i_like_swords: Batman doesn't need people to let him smoke bomb them. He just throws it in his face. And yes I have read that he is arrogant. If batman cant keep up than he will use his gadgets. Why would taskmaster copy him? If he doesn't than there isn't anything special about this fight. Batman can find a weakness. He won't find changing his fighting difficult, he's trained for that. We obviously have different opinions but logically batman would win. Gadgets gadgets gadgets.

You seriously have a lack of knowledge of either character. You "read" Taskmaster is arrogant. All you have to say about Batman is "he throws a smoke bomb in his face" and you even ended your statement with "gadgets gadgets gadgets..." What gadgets? I'd love to hear some.

And, yeah more on point, Taskmaster wouldn't use Batmans own moves against him. That's stupid. The advantage of absorbing someones moves is not to then use them against them, but to know how to counter them. So when Batman tries the same move a few times or even twice, he'll start getting countered, and while he's thinking about switching up styles, Taskmaster is keeping his cool and winning the fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#152  Edited By Lvenger

@i_like_swords: To be honest, Taskmaster is a tad arrogant in fights. He thinks he can come in and win them all but if things aren't going his way, he does panic. It's what happened with Moon Knight, Deadpool and other combatants too. Despite his skill and reaction edge, Batman's as determined as hell to keep fighting no matter what and Taskmaster might get too big for his boots. Don't worry, I've voted for Taskmaster but arguments from godspawn and CitizenBane have made me think this is too close to call actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@i_like_swords: Yes I said he would use gadgets and gave examples. Another one is the sonic frequency emitter to hurt taskmaster ears. An it's really not fair of you to insult my knowledge of the characters since you don't know what I've read or haven't read...

And multiple people have said he is arrogant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: Those were but movie batman is more popular and still lost which helped prove my point that popularity didn matter.my point is that this isn't a popularity contest

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman defeated a god.... nuff said

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Lvenger

@fil123 said:

I seriously doubt this is the best statement for why Batman wins. I have genuine reasons for being conflicted on this battle's outcome when originally, after research, I voted Taskmaster but have since deferred to too close to call.

Highball792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins this one (I must admit, though, that I may be slightly biased seeing as I've only read a few comics which featured Taskmaster, so...).
Although Taskmaster would be able to mimic all of Batman's fighting styles, he wouldn't necessarily be able to beat Batman using them. Batman is able to defeat Prometheus, even when Prometheus had many fighting styles installed in his helmet. Besides that, Batman has many moves that nobody, or very little people, know, so there is the element of surprise when he uses them the first time. For instance, the fighting moves that he used against the alternate dimension Batman in the recent Batman/Superman comic. Also, in the comic where he teams up with the young Green Arrow, he is one of the seven people who know the "hungry coba death strike". Though that move is lethal, it just goes to show how much Batman really knows in hand to hand combat. Besides hand to hand combat, Batman is also shown to be very good with other weapons, like swords, bow and arrow, guns, etc., though he doesn't use it. He's also shown to constantly practice with those weapons. As for any physical advantage Taskmaster could have, I would say that Batman can overcome it through his tactical advantages. I'm not too sure about the gear that Taskmaster customarily has, but Batman's arsenal is very vast.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#158  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@fil123 said:

In a random encounter? :P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#159  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@fil123 said:

In a random encounter? :P

Taskmaster did in Siege!! He killed them Asgodians left and right. :P.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I'm pretty sure Deathstroke can beat Task, I'm positive about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords: I'm pretty sure Deathstroke can beat Task, I'm positive about this.

I don't remember saying he couldn't?...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: He defeated Eclipso in a protracted fight. But he had prep time.

bludii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fight is Taskmasters to lose and he will, Batman wins.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame the outcome of this fight isn't more closely decided than through 12% of the votes.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tasky wins this fight

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Should this not be locked?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and go with Taskmaster, because I believe he is the quicker fighter, which will help him keep the lead on Bruce. A random encounter means Bruce may be slightly overwelmed by Tasky's skillset, and the tech Tony is afforded is nothing to sneeze at. Standard gear could be a teleportation device, a sword, and a handgun. Tony was a highranking SHIELD agent, and highly paid mercenary. He has trained hero and villian alike, and many of them have gone on to make names for themselves, I'm talking Crossbones, U.S.Agent and Spider-Woman. He even re-trained Cap! To the fella that said that Batman defeated a God, yeah, that's cute, but Taskmaster has slain Asgardians, then fought two, count'em, TWO Captain America's at the same time!

I mean, the dude gets hired by the US Government despite public knowledge of his activities, dude, you gotta be a badass! I know Bruce is stronger, and I know he is more strategic, but I see this fight as a pissing contest, one, I just don't see Bruce winning first time around. As much as Bruce is a hero, he is also a warrior, and once he saw Taskmaster's skill, damn the gadgets, Bruce will want to know who is better, I mean, wouldn't you? Anyway, with nearly the same physical's, Taskmaster's powerset, speed, and loose moral's take it in my opinion, he dosent just copy moves, he trains them to work for him, and perfects them, Taskmaster is no joke and had prior training due to sheild and absorbing whatever was on the tube, Bruce could be fighting Bam Bam Bigelo, Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, Black Widow, and himself all at the same time. Yes, Batman beat Prometheus, but not the first time around.