Do you think Marvel is lying to us about the characters in SM: Homecoming?

• 76 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think Marvel is lying to us about the characters in SM: Homecoming? (27 votes)

Yes 56%
No 44%

Marvel wants us to believe Angourie Rice is playing Betty Brant, but I highly doubt it. In the trailer, Angourie Rice looks EXACTLY like Gwen:

No Caption Provided

This can't be a coincidence. Especially coming from Marvel, who have a history of faithfully depicting their characters. Batty Brant WOULDN'T be a kid who goes to high school with Peter, much less one who has long blonde hair.

This is Betty Brant:

No Caption Provided

In addition to lying to us about Angourie Rice's character (yes, I am taking it as a fact), they're probably lying to us about Peter's friend being Ned Leeds:

No Caption Provided

C'mon, why would Ned Leeds be a chubby, Filipino guy?

He's Ganke Lee. You all know it. Ganke looks so much like the actor:

No Caption Provided

Don't let Marvel fool you, guys. Let them know that we know.

• 
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:
@watcher5000 said:

@manmadeofketchup: I obviously said she was overrated on purpose and sure while I don't like 616 Gwen Stacy this has nothing to do with anything. I just don't like her because everyone acts like she is such a great character when she wasn't till she died.And I would be fine with her being in the movies, I jut didn't like her portrayal in the comics.

It doesn't matter if she is significant in Peter's life, why is that so hard for you to understand? We haven't seen her and Peter interact in the movie yet so that is irrevelvant wether you get upset or not nothing says this is possibly Gwen besides the fact that she is blond.

And who is she? I don't know that is my point, we have no way of knowing. You can't just look at someone who is a blond girl and say that must be Gwen Stacy is my whole point. You can get over yourself until we see she is confirmed for the movie or is called Gwen Stacy in the movie for all we know that could be Leeds' wife. For the longest people thought we saw Mary Jane in the movie and it turned out they were wrong and I am just saying blond girl doesn't instantly mean Gwen Stacy is there.I again would be fine with her being in the movie but we have to see some proof of her being in it before we just to conclusions.

What's so hard for you to understand that there's not much to say it's not Gwen other then her name's not "Gwen Stacey." Upset? You're the one who sounds like they're getting upset. She's not just looked at because she's blonde, Amazing pointed out that BESIDES being blonde she's in similar attire to Gwen, or do you fail to comprehend that part? Get over myself? How about you take your own advice and grow up while you're at it.

So much salt.

You need to get over yourself.We can't see her outfit so that is irrelevant.All we know is that she is blond, we don't know if she knows peter,has a role in the movie, or was just some blond girl walking down the hall.You need to grow up and understand not every blonde in a Spider-Man movie must be Gwen.

She very well Could be Gwen, but just the same it could be Amy Powell, Sissy Ironwood, Dawn Starr, Debra Whitman,Hebe,Joy Mercado,Sarah Stacy,Shanna O'Hara,or Tandy Bowen.All of whom are blonde and have had something happen with Peter romantically.

But yes, just because Gwen is blonde and died it has to be her right?It can't possibly be anyone else right? Not any of the people I mentioned? Or even just a blonde girl who is supposed to be part of the crowd since they are in a school? Just really not smart to say because we see a blonde girl + this is a spider-man movie = Gwen Stacy without a doubt and if you say that isn't a real basis you must be crazy.

Dude, you shot yourself in the foot by getting personal about this. We were supposed to be discussing movies and you get all your emotion and shit involved, insulting other people lal.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@theamazingspidey: why are you assuming I am getting all upset about this? The ketchup guy is the only one who is upset.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:
@watcher5000 said:

@manmadeofketchup: I obviously said she was overrated on purpose and sure while I don't like 616 Gwen Stacy this has nothing to do with anything. I just don't like her because everyone acts like she is such a great character when she wasn't till she died.And I would be fine with her being in the movies, I jut didn't like her portrayal in the comics.

It doesn't matter if she is significant in Peter's life, why is that so hard for you to understand? We haven't seen her and Peter interact in the movie yet so that is irrevelvant wether you get upset or not nothing says this is possibly Gwen besides the fact that she is blond.

And who is she? I don't know that is my point, we have no way of knowing. You can't just look at someone who is a blond girl and say that must be Gwen Stacy is my whole point. You can get over yourself until we see she is confirmed for the movie or is called Gwen Stacy in the movie for all we know that could be Leeds' wife. For the longest people thought we saw Mary Jane in the movie and it turned out they were wrong and I am just saying blond girl doesn't instantly mean Gwen Stacy is there.I again would be fine with her being in the movie but we have to see some proof of her being in it before we just to conclusions.

What's so hard for you to understand that there's not much to say it's not Gwen other then her name's not "Gwen Stacey." Upset? You're the one who sounds like they're getting upset. She's not just looked at because she's blonde, Amazing pointed out that BESIDES being blonde she's in similar attire to Gwen, or do you fail to comprehend that part? Get over myself? How about you take your own advice and grow up while you're at it.

So much salt.

You need to get over yourself.We can't see her outfit so that is irrelevant.All we know is that she is blond, we don't know if she knows peter,has a role in the movie, or was just some blond girl walking down the hall.You need to grow up and understand not every blonde in a Spider-Man movie must be Gwen.

She very well Could be Gwen, but just the same it could be Amy Powell, Sissy Ironwood, Dawn Starr, Debra Whitman,Hebe,Joy Mercado,Sarah Stacy,Shanna O'Hara,or Tandy Bowen.All of whom are blonde and have had something happen with Peter romantically.

But yes, just because Gwen is blonde and died it has to be her right?It can't possibly be anyone else right? Not any of the people I mentioned? Or even just a blonde girl who is supposed to be part of the crowd since they are in a school? Just really not smart to say because we see a blonde girl + this is a spider-man movie = Gwen Stacy without a doubt and if you say that isn't a real basis you must be crazy.

So much immaturity.

Yet again, you need to take your own advice. Amazing has proposed evidence that could indicate that it's Gwen, what evidence do you have to say otherwise? You don't, just your "nuh uh" responses. Mr. Know it all, I already countered what you had to say when I said that there may be many blondes in his life but only few are significant. Quit acting like a condescending douche

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@manmadeofketchup:

So much immaturity.

Yes thinking logically is definitely immature.

Yet again, you need to take your own advice. Amazing has proposed evidence that could indicate that it's Gwen, what evidence do you have to say otherwise? You don't, just your "nuh uh" responses. Mr. Know it all, I already countered what you had to say when I said that there may be many blondes in his life but only few are significant. Quit acting like a condescending douche

Uh huh, yeah totally, saying that there are literally dozens of blondes in Peter life besides the one that died us just crazy and makes me a douche.You refuse to admit there IS no evidence as we can't see the outfit entirely.
You literally countered nothing.

Your arguments were this

"Amazing shown they are wearing the same outfit"

Yet we can't even see the whole thing.That is just BAD evidence if you can't look at the whole picture literally.

"Uh she is blonde and well known"

So what though? The movie makers pay people to be in the background so she could easily be one of those people.

"You have no evidence that it isn't therefore she must be"

Incredibly not smart reasoning as I never said she wasn't only that we have no evidence that she is.She very well might but there is just a good a chance she is the other blonde people I mentioned.

You also never even tried to counter the fact that it could be Amy Powell, Sissy Ironwood, Dawn Starr, Debra Whitman,Hebe,Joy Mercado,Sarah Stacy,Shanna O'Hara,or Tandy Bowen. But knowing you you will try to argue Gwen is more significant than them (which she isn't) just being more well known doesn't make someone more important.

I am done talking about this as you are a waste of time as you have no actual proof of anything and get mad that I think that you have to have proof before you say that is Gwen.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theamazingspidey:

. Batty Brant WOULDN'T be a kid who goes to high school with Peter, much less one who has long blonde hair.

Like Bucky WOULDN'T be an Adult who signed up for the army before Steve and knew him from childhood.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ManMadeOfKetchup

@watcher5000 said:

@manmadeofketchup:

So much immaturity.

Yes thinking logically is definitely immature.

Uh huh, yeah totally, saying that there are literally dozens of blondes in Peter life besides the one that died us just crazy and makes me a douche.You refuse to admit there IS no evidence as we can't see the outfit entirely.

You literally countered nothing.

Your arguments were this

"Amazing shown they are wearing the same outfit"

Yet we can't even see the whole thing.That is just BAD evidence if you can't look at the whole picture literally.

"Uh she is blonde and well known"

So what though? The movie makers pay people to be in the background so she could easily be one of those people.

"You have no evidence that it isn't therefore she must be"

Incredibly not smart reasoning as I never said she wasn't only that we have no evidence that she is.She very well might but there is just a good a chance she is the other blonde people I mentioned.

You also never even tried to counter the fact that it could be Amy Powell, Sissy Ironwood, Dawn Starr, Debra Whitman,Hebe,Joy Mercado,Sarah Stacy,Shanna O'Hara,or Tandy Bowen. But knowing you you will try to argue Gwen is more significant than them (which she isn't) just being more well known doesn't make someone more important.

I am done talking about this as you are a waste of time as you have no actual proof of anything and get mad that I think that you have to have proof before you say that is Gwen.

Thinking logically? Lawl, you've been anything but logical..But tell yourself whatever lie you need to to feel better. Another factor in Gwen's favor, nobody but a comic reader would know even who half of those characters you mentioned are. Marvel's not going to bring in characters that would be as obscure as the ones you mentioned. The Death of Gwen Stacey storyline being one of the main reasons why Spider-man hates the Green Goblin makes her pretty important..For someone who wants to act like they know things about Spider-man, you sure prove otherwise with your responses.

The only waste of time around here is you. Proof? You don't even have any proof that it's not her. Both sides are opinionated, you being antagonistic and having an attitude then accusing me of getting upset because I don't put up with your bullshit is what's uncalled for. But I'm glad you're done talking though, it's reassuring knowing I don't have to deal with your ridiculous condescending responses anymore :) Run along now troll

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheWatcherKing

None one knows who Tandy is?Dagger?Seriously? The death of Gwen wasn't a storyline it was one comic issue don't act like it was this big earth shattering thing that it wasn't. Also amazing made a statement that it was, my whole point is that there is no evidence to support the theory and keep saying it may well be her.

Kid, you are desperate @manmadeofketchup

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@watcher5000 said:

@manmadeofketchup: All of them are more significant than the overrated 616 Gwen Stacy.

No there is no point to what you said.They legit have ganke lee who doesn't even personally know Peter parker so it is crazy to say that because you see a blonde girl it has to be Gwen.Like seriously Gwen isn't the only blond girl ever.

SMH at people saying "not every blonde girl is Stacy."

> blonde hair.

> goes to school with Peter.

> near identical outfit, down to the hair accessory.

Gwen stacy met Peter in college.And so what if she is blond? Are we supposed to act like there were no blond haired girls in peter's high school?How is that even significant?And we still can't see the whole outfit so just wait for the movie to come out before we say for sure if that is Gwen or not.

Many non-616 universes have Peter meet Gwen in high school, including Ultimate, which is the interpretation this film is based off. Unlike Betty Brant, who is a daily bugle character: why would she be in high school? I'm not saying it's impossible or that it can't be good (in Marvel we trust) but I'm leaning more towards Gwen Stacy in high school as opposed to Betty Brant of all people.

While I don't think it's Betty in 616 she was Peter's age but dropped out to work at the Bugle to support her sick mother so it wouldn't be that unheard of to put her in his high school.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None one knows who Tandy is?Dagger?Seriously? The death of Gwen wasn't a storyline it was one comic issue don't act like it was this big earth shattering thing that it wasn't. Also amazing made a statement that it was, my whole point is that there is no evidence to support the theory and keep saying it may well be her.

Kid, you are desperate @manmadeofketchup

I know who she is genius, I'm referring to the general audience..They're not going to have any clue as to who those people are you mentioned and Marvel knows such. Quit being stupid, one comic is irrelevant..It was an important death on Peter that affected how he felt about the Green Goblin. What next, are you going to say Jason Todd's death was irrelevant for Batman too? Because that's how ridiculous your arguments sound. You lack any credibility to be taken seriously anyways as nobody is going to consider someone who calls Gwen overrated to be valid when they try to say her character wasn't important.

Gwen's already been in the films before so there is a high chance they will bring her back again. Even if it's not her, it's no excuse for your attitude. Kid? It's funny, those who call others "kid" are usually the kid themselves as I'm 29 which makes me probably older than you. I can agree to disagree if you'd like but you aren't accomplishing anything by being antagonistic. All that's doing for you is getting your posts flagged

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: You call me stupid yet I am the one being an antagonistic, know it all douche when I simply said you have no proof for your theory?And then you flag me out of spite? Yeah uh huh kid. You are too sensitive if you think I have an attitude or whatever simply because I don't think blonde hair is strong enough evidence that someone is Gwen Stacy when in fact there are dozens of blondes that Peter knows.

And the fact that Gwen has been in the movies before actually gives her a better chance of not being in it now that I think about it.Because it would be too similar to TASM probably which is why they have Liz now.(just a thought though).

And I never said she was unimportant, and me thinking she is overrated makes me unreliable?Simply because I read all (and I do me all) her comic appearances before her death and find her quite boring?Well that makes no sense dude.

@jashro44 I haven't insulted this guy and he has called me stupid in post 59.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@manmadeofketchup: Don't call people stupid and don't call them a douche.

Yet it's ok for watcher to keep calling me kid and antagonize by saying I'm salty?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Yet it's ok for watcher to keep calling me kid and antagonize by saying I'm salty?

Yeah man, I think it's ok. You just need to get over yourself >_>

/s

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a load of bullshit

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about we just wait for the film to come out?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that the MCU borrows from 616 and 1610 but "Homecoming" is the first MARVEL STUDIOS film that with every press release I lose more and more interest in.

• Phony Sony involved again.
  • Tony Stark a mentor to Peter Parker? no just no!
  • Back in High School again? We had over 40 years of the ASM title with Peter as an adult, but with now it's third reboot the movie universe is still in High School.
  • Forced diversity instead of interesting new diverse characters co-existing with the original characters.
  • Ned Leeds as Ganke???
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: tbh Peter started being spider-man in high school and stayed in HS for the first 29 issues of his comics so one movie with him in it isn't bad.

• Forced diversity instead of interesting new diverse characters co-existing with the original characters.

What do you mean?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you´re right, because so far, other than Tom Holland and Michael Keaton, I have disliked every single casting they have made on this movie.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you´re right, because so far, other than Tom Holland and Michael Keaton, I have disliked every single casting they have made on this movie.

sighs same. I don't know if I'll ever get over the guy they casted for Flash.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82 said:

I know, whoever thought casting him as a handsome, tall, blonde and muscular bully was a good idea, deserves a kick in the nuts.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@thor_parker82 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@thor_parker82 said:

I know, whoever thought casting him as a handsome, tall, blonde and muscular bully was a good idea, deserves a kick in the nuts.

This is our cinematic Flash Thompson:

No Caption Provided

Ugh, it's really a shame. Spider-Man in Civil War was unreal and Homecoming just looks like a list of bizarre choices and mediocrity. I'm still excited, but I don't feel like the characters are in safe hands like I do with GoTG2 and Ragnarok.

Tom Holland described HC's Flash as the kind of smug, rich kid who complains about how bad his trainers are.

Seriously? Flash Thompson is a smug rich kid? I don't know what material they read but I wouldn't be surprised if whatever they read was written by Zack Snyder.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Thor-Parker

@theamazingspidey: Dude, showing that image and saying "Flash Thompson" in the same paragraph should be a crime, I know I told you a while ago not to worry about this, but the more I think about the choices of this movie, the more worried I get.

This is the first time I have been unsure on an MCU movie delivering, like you said, I know Ragnarok and Infinity Way will be amazing, I knew CA:CW was going to be amazing, but with Homecoming I don´t know, I have my doubts and it really sucks because this is the movie they should be putting their maximum efforts on, this is the Marvel character and the best superhero of all time.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Dude, showing that image and saying "Flash Thompson" in the same paragraph should be a crime, I know I told you a while ago not to worry about this, but the more I think about the choices of this movie, the more worried I get.

This is the first time I have been unsure on an MCU movie delivering, like you said, I know Ragnarok and Infinity Way will be amazing, I knew CA:CW was going to be amazing, but with Homecoming I don´t know, I have my doubts and it really sucks because this is the movie they should be putting their maximum efforts on, this is the Marvel character and the best superhero of all time.

Ugh, I know. And we're both Spidey fans :(

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: tbh Peter started being spider-man in high school and stayed in HS for the first 29 issues of his comics so one movie with him in it isn't bad.

What do you mean?

One movie? It's still a Sony film in collaboration with Marvel Studios. This is the third reboot and we're still in High School. I'm over teen Spider-Boy and would eventually love to see a mature Spider-Man film with Pete going through college and entering into adulthood, the way he was in ASM for almost four decades.

They could've easily created new diverse characters to co-exist alongside the original comic book characters, instead of doing the race swapping thing with characters that don't look like their comic book counterparts. That's what I see as forced diversity.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol you cannot make judgements just by appearances. I don't think a company like marvel will ever lie. The poll represents the fanboys of some other company

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#76 wildvine  Moderator

@manmadeofketchup said:
@jashro44 said:

Yeah man, I think it's ok. You just need to get over yourself >_>

/s

Don't answer questions addressed to mods. This sort of comment just serves to escalate the situation. Just let us handle it in the future.