• 61 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Harrison Ford is going to grab his whip and hat one more time for a fifth Indiana Jones film. Disney revealed the upcoming 2019 film today, and with Ford, Steve Spielberg will be joining this next adventure.

No Caption Provided

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

The unnamed fifth Indiana Jones film comes to theaters on July 19, 2019.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Do not mess this up again Disney!!!!........ Or Else!

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Doc-Holiday

First good things; no mention of Shia

Second; keeping Harrison Ford

Now...how do they plan to ruin the franchise? Hm...let me guess...oh I know, Indie secretly has a daughter, never mentioned and she is some random girl who somehow mastered history and archaeology, perfect at using guns and whips and hates snakes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@doc-holiday: BINGO.

They need to stop abusing this franchise. It needs a reboot. Spielberg and Harrison are past their prime.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now...how do they plan to ruin the franchise? Hm...let me guess...oh I know, Indie secretly has a daughter, never mentioned and she is some random girl who somehow mastered history and archaeology, perfect at using guns and whips and hates snakes.

...and mother is called Lara Croft...

Her name will be Lara Jr. Indiana Croft-Jones

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they killing off another Harrison Ford character? It would make sense given how old he is.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@doc-holiday said:

Indiana Jones doesn't "secretly" have a daughter... he straight up does have a daughter.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:
@doc-holiday said:

Indiana Jones doesn't "secretly" have a daughter... he straight up does have a daughter.

My original point was to mock how every franchise feels the next step is to simply replace characters with those of the opposite gender; Ghostbusters, Marvel, etc.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

They need to stop abusing this franchise. It needs a reboot. Spielberg and Harrison are past their prime.

Maybe or we could just let movies die :P I mean, why do we NEED to remake/reboot or "re" anything? Why can't movies just stand on their own?

I want more original content. Leave old franchises in the past and keep moving forward

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@linsanel_doctor: He was shown in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show as an old man in an episode. I think he was missing an eye and lost a finger. That's what my memory tells me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Harrison Ford is going to be 77 years old by then. This doesn't really sound like a good idea.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Maybe this franchise should just die

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hound_of_War

No, no, no, no.

They have a son named Nathan.

@doc-holiday: @thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin:

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

by 2019 the title will be Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair of Destiny

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably go the star wars 7 route and just make it a 90% rehash of Raiders. Or maybe they should do the walker of doom

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

staaap

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dan12456

No thanks, don't want.

elam1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruuuh...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mickey-mouse

@doc-holiday: To me Jones is a character like Bond that can be played by different actors and work in different stories under different directors. They should have rebooted after the 3rd film. Some movies don't need remakes or reboots, some work wonderfully.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@lukehero: I feel bad for Ford pushing himself like this but like the saying goes you're only as good as ur last picture and I guess Ford would rather be remembered as Indiana rather than Solo.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MAZAHS117

Wtf lol?! Harrison is gonna be close to 80 by the time it releases right? O_o

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

kalai1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kalai1997

So, Harrison Ford is going to die in every movie he made back then.

Wow

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, more Spielberg and less Lucas is always good.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThomasElliot

@ravenkingxxx said:

Do not mess this up again Disney!!!!........ Or Else!

FALSE.

George Lucas messed up that last Indiana Jones movie, it was still Lucasfilm then, he hadn't sold it to Disney yet.

Even Spielberg, very tactfully, pointed the finger at Lucas' awful script.

The chances of a new Jones movie being way better than the last is high because it features 100% less George Lucas.

If the SW prequels wasn't enough to convince people that Lucas sucks as a writer, surely Indy Jones 4 should have.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@lukehero said:

@doc-holiday: To me Jones is a character like Bond that can be played by different actors and work in different stories under different directors. They should have rebooted after the 3rd film. Some movies don't need remakes or reboots, some work wonderfully.

I guess for me, since it was a trilogy made famous largely by the acting of Ford (and so many great choices for the other actors) that I don't want to see it treated like the Bond series which has seemingly got progressively worse (in my opinion).

I did like Tom Hardy in the remake of Mad Max so if they had to do a remake, I could see Tom Hardy playing a decent Indiana Jones. Just so long as they don't make Chris Pratt into Indie, I mean, he got to be Starlord (which he was pretty good as), then in the new Jurassic Park movie (meh) and I just feel like he is everywhere.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mickey-mouse

@doc-holiday: Chris Pratt is in danger of being over used there are a lot of actors that could play Indiana Jones. To me the role helped Ford more than he helped Jones. The filmmakers were gonna pick Tom Selleck.

• Tom Hardy
  • Bradley Cooper
  • Karl Urban
  • Armie Hammer
  • Lee Pace
  • Zachary Levi
  • Matt Davis
  • Jensen Ackles

• Stephen Amell
  • Nathan Fillion(Needs to lose weight though)
  • Patrick Wilson

All of these guys would make great choices. Those are just some of the guys I could think of. I think the role is so strong that you could craft a great script around any of these actors. The franchise needs to be taken back to it's roots of finding religious artifacts.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By KritikalMassX

I really don't care if they get Harrison Ford again or if they'll turn this into a reboot...Just no Shia, please. I mean, I did like Crystal Skull, to be honest with you, but still...

@lukehero said:

I guess for me, since it was a trilogy made famous largely by the acting of Ford (and so many great choices for the other actors) that I don't want to see it treated like the Bond series which has seemingly got progressively worse (in my opinion).

I did like Tom Hardy in the remake of Mad Max so if they had to do a remake, I could see Tom Hardy playing a decent Indiana Jones. Just so long as they don't make Chris Pratt into Indie, I mean, he got to be Starlord (which he was pretty good as), then in the new Jurassic Park movie (meh) and I just feel like he is everywhere.

Either Hardy or Pratt would be fine with me as Indy.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Armie Hammer kills every movie he's in........

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@lukehero said:

@doc-holiday: Chris Pratt is in danger of being over used there are a lot of actors that could play Indiana Jones. To me the role helped Ford more than he helped Jones. The filmmakers were gonna pick Tom Selleck.

• Tom Hardy
  • Bradley Cooper
  • Karl Urban
  • Armie Hammer
  • Lee Pace
  • Zachary Levi
  • Matt Davis
  • Jensen Ackles

• Stephen Amell
  • Nathan Fillion(Needs to lose weight though)
  • Patrick Wilson

All of these guys would make great choices. Those are just some of the guys I could think of. I think the role is so strong that you could craft a great script around any of these actors. The franchise needs to be taken back to it's roots of finding religious artifacts.

But judging by the way films are going with characters like Rei and the terrible ghostbusters movie, I am betting they'll get either Michael B. Jordan or Rooney Mara to replace him

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Happy dance!

If they're going with the young version of Indiana Jones... Anthony Ingruber!

(I just googled Harrison Ford look alike and he came up.)

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amell has matured a lot as an actor since the inception of Arrow. Three Years ago I would have never suggested him as Indiana Jones but now I feel like he could really pull that off.

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But judging by the way films are going with characters like Rei and the terrible ghostbusters movie, I am betting they'll get either Michael B. Jordan or Rooney Mara to replace him

You've already seen the new ghostbuster?! You must be pretty important if you've already seen and have an opinion on it!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No Lucas means no aliens. Let's hope Williams does one lady Indy score. Ford can pull this off no matter his age. He'll have a kick ass stunt team.

I disagree with Jones being able to be played by multiple actors. Harrison Ford makes that character for me.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mickey-mouse

@Pokeysteve: But, they literally were going to pick Tom Selleck...that's enough proof other actors can do the role.

@lukehero: Armie Hammer kills every movie he's in........

It's not him, it's the scripts same goes for Taylor Kitsch. And before Deadpool you could say the same thing about Ryan Reyonlds.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Who they almost picked means nothing. That is in no way proof of anything except even the creators thought Harrison was best. Every part has more than one person being looked at for the role. Nic Cage was almost Superman.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role.

You guys don't even know how relieved I was when I saw this.

YOU.

DON'T.

EVEN.

KNOW.

Indiana Jones is the best trilogy of all time so good luck on this one, Disney.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Who they almost picked means nothing. That is in no way proof of anything except even the creators thought Harrison was best. Every part has more than one person being looked at for the role. Nic Cage was almost Superman.

He did a screen test and they said he was great? The nick cage thing isn't a real comparison. The movie itself was never made. We know the Indiana Jones scripts for the first 3 movies were good. We don't know how that Superman movie would have turned out. Tom did a screen test, they said he was amazing, that tells me other people can do this role.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: You wanna see an 73 year old run around as an action hero? No thank you. Indiana Jones & The Search For Prescription Drugs.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@jonez_: You wanna see an 73 year old run around as an action hero? No thank you. Indiana Jones & The Search For Prescription Drugs.

But you wanna see a REBOOT?

LET'S JUST CAST TOM F#CKING HARDY AS MARTY MCFLY WHILE WE'RE AT IT.

OH, AND WE MIGHT AS WELL RECAST LUKE SKYWALKER AS DOLPH LUNDGREN.

IS NOTHING SACRED?!?!?!?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@Pokeysteve said:

@lukehero:

He did a screen test and they said he was great? The nick cage thing isn't a real comparison. The movie itself was never made. We know the Indiana Jones scripts for the first 3 movies were good. We don't know how that Superman movie would have turned out. Tom did a screen test, they said he was amazing, that tells me other people can do this role.

I'm not saying someone else COULDN'T play the part. Just that it wouldn't be the same. Ford's personality seems unique to me. I can't see anyone else as Indy. They'd only be the character in name.

I think the Cage comparison is valid. The scripts don't have much to do with appearance and portrayal. Tom was almost good enough to play Indy. Cage was actually cast as Superman. The difference is one movie didn't get made (thank goodness).

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:
@lukehero said:

But you wanna see a REBOOT?

LET'S JUST CAST TOM F#CKING HARDY AS MARTY MCFLY WHILE WE'RE AT IT.

OH, AND WE MIGHT AS WELL RECAST LUKE SKYWALKER AS DOLPH LUNDGREN.

IS NOTHING SACRED?!?!?!?

You're saying this after; They essentially black-faced Johnny Storm, gender swapped the Ghostbusters, made the new hero of star wars a Mary Sue, and made a woman with stick thin arms Wonder Woman,

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never before have my jimmies been rustled like this.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harrison Ford is too old to be running around in this style of action movie. Disney should either tell the majority of the story in flashback with a different actor or go for something completely different and make it a tight political thriller about the Kennedy assassination. Indiana Jones and the Second Gunman...or better yet, Indiana Jones is the second gunman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*eye roll*

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve:

I'm not saying someone else COULDN'T play the part. Just that it wouldn't be the same. Ford's personality seems unique to me. I can't see anyone else as Indy. They'd only be the character in name.

Well no it wouldn't be the same and it shouldn't be. Each actor should do a different take on the role, just like they have done with James Bond. The question is could we get a good movie from a different actor playing the character. The answer is yes, we could. It's an action hero role where you can tell different adventure stories with different actors just like James Bond. It's not serialized. You don't have to watch other Indiana Jones movies to just pick up with the next one.

I think the Cage comparison is valid. The scripts don't have much to do with appearance and portrayal. Tom was almost good enough to play Indy. Cage was actually cast as Superman. The difference is one movie didn't get made (thank goodness).

But, we don't know if the movie would have been good or bad. It's irrelevant. If you want to use that just having different actors cast in a role argument doesn't mean someone else could do it point you're better off using a different movie. (I could name some, but I'm not trying to support your argument). Cause there have been some movies/tv shows where they were looking at different actors and everyone else was bad in there test footage except the actor that was ultimately chosen.

@jonez_:There are plenty of movies that have been remade that are very good.

The Fly & Cape Fear were both remade and they were much better than the original. So was The Thing. Dawn of the Dead, The Manchurian Candidate, True Grit...

There is no need to recast or reboot starwars characters because it's a big established universe & you can tell other types of stories with different characters with in the same universe. The Star Wars Films & The Back To The Future films are both serialized. You've grown up with this actor playing the character and because the way the stories are interconnected it would be difficult for a new actor to do a different take on the character.

Also talking in big bolded caps doesn't help your arguments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems a bit out of place and maybe unneeded....But I guess I'd watch it. The problem is Harrison Ford is now old. Maybe they should just let the franchise rest.

I wonder how they'll handle Indy this time around? Crystal Skull was basically jokes about his age like "See I still got it" and the passing of the torch to Shia LeBeouf. Who was his long lost secret son. Will we see the same kinda stuff in this movie?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to be excited but seeing what has happened with the rest of the classic franchises, I'm not gonna hold my breath.