Did the Superhero Movies need a love story?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean did the Superhero Movies need a love story?   
Since the old days, Martial Arts movies have a love story, you could notice this even with Jet Li movies, when the 36 Chambers of Shaolin came out, people go crazy and loved the movie, was the first Martial Arts movie that dont have a love story and since then, so many of the best Martial Arts movies have no love story. 
I mean, i am the only that notice every Batman movie have a love story, why, he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN!! women love him, i think i know why, still why there is a need to have a love story? Wolverine Origins, really? he is the best in what he does, and thank to this movie, people belive that means kiss girls and tell them, how he feels. 
The Logan/Jen Grey/Cyclops thing, was the most boring part from all the 3 original X Men movies. 
Also the Rouge/Iceman, damn i want to cry for how boring that love story was. 
Spiderman/Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy/Eddie Brock/Harry Osborn thing, it was so bad i dont have the words to say how bad it was 
I mean, how many movie could be better movies if they take down the love story? 
Superhero movies should be about Superheroes, not about love, they have more feelings, like hate, passion, etc... 

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedK

thay have them so that guys that bring the girl friends to the film can have the whole "will they won't they" excitment, and for some reason women belive that all complete bad-ass loners like Logan and Batman, want to be loved and that their the ones can change them from being an emotional void to some one who openly shares their feelings.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Captain13

The love interests in these movies are supposed to function as foils for the hero. They're supposed to show us more than one facet of that heroes character. But in poorly written movies (like X-Men Origins: Wolverine) that have little character development, love stories can feel pointless and contrived.

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreenLantern555

Love destroyed Superman Returns or at least one of the reasons.
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CylonDorado
@GreenLantern555:
More like an awkward love triangle, but yeah. Lois didn't get in the way during the first two old ones.
MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrMiracle77

A relationship allows female viewers to better place themselves in the shoes of the female love-interest, which works out really well if the male side of the relationship is the sort of guy that the female viewer would like as a relationship (of some kind).

To sell tickets.  There, I said it.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EpitomeofCool

The love story in Dare Devil worked well. My least favourite was Spiderman 3 love story.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightFang3

I think you only need the love interest in the first movie to get it out of the way in the sequels.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By N7_Normandy
@EpitomeofCool said:
" The love story in Dare Devil worked well. My least favourite was Spiderman 3 love story. "
Daredevil is the only superhero movie that was really able to properly implement a love story.  Personally, I'd prefer to get my daily dose of Super-heroy goodness without a love story.
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreenLantern555
@N7_Normandy said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
" The love story in Dare Devil worked well. My least favourite was Spiderman 3 love story. "
Daredevil is the only superhero movie that was really able to properly implement a love story.  Personally, I'd prefer to get my daily dose of Super-heroy goodness without a love story. "
It's only because Elektra was the love interest. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By texasdeathmatch

As long as it isn't forced, I can live with it.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Jotham

Everybody loves a love story.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Captain13 said:
"The love interests in these movies are supposed to function as foils for the hero. They're supposed to show us more than one facet of that heroes character. But in poorly written movies (like X-Men Origins: Wolverine) that have little character development, love stories can feel pointless and contrived. "
I dont say take out the Love interest, i mean, take ou the love story, after the fact, that take time that could be used to other things,  remember that the Punisher movies, both have a love interest, Tom Jane is almost a love story, but in War Zone you see the Dexter girl and Punisher have almost a relationship, and that only take 5 minutes of the movie . 
@N7_Normandy said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
Daredevil is the only superhero movie that was really able to properly implement a love story.  Personally, I'd prefer to get my daily dose of Super-heroy goodness without a love story. "

Exactly, people hate Dardevil,m but was the only Superhero movie, that have a love story, that i care about, the other movies worked better without a love story. 
SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redk: All of these movies put no effort into the forced romance.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some definitely focus too much on that and it kind of ruins the movie imo. A big part of the mcu movies' success imo has been the willingness to not go overboard with the romantic bs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the shoe fits.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like it or not, most Superheroes have a lot of romantic entanglements in their works.

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes of course.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

Only when the relationship is relevant in the comics. Betty Ross / Bruce Banner has always been important; same with Clark and Lois.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Its one of the worst things to come out of Thor and his franchise.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it usually bores me, or it's just plain not done well.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, if it's written well.