• 76 results
MrComplex9fo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MrComplex9fo

both have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day, i lean more towards marvel. i truly enjoy how every title has an awesome writer and artist that compliment each other very well. dc on the other hand has had way too many dropped titles, writers and artists for me to stay interested.

Avatar image for brianbusterbear888823
BrianBusterBear888823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dc New 52 is a really great thing that Dc did on their part.Dc bringing back Batman detective comics was 1 of my favorite things they did for the new 52.It was one of my favorites in the old times.Dc made many comics starting with the Justice League in a different version. Batman Death of the family is one of the greatest Batman story ever written.It defently beats the Killing Joke.Nightwing is one of my favorites I always loved him as the original Robin.The new Guradins with Saint Walker is agreat thing Dc did.Saint Walker is the greatest person to ever where a ring.Justice League is so good.Adding Cyborg to the team was really awesome.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

Both are polarizing. DC's New 52 and Marvel Now have both caused favorite characters to vanish. Each has released good and bad stories and titles. However, DC's numbers have been going up recently. Perhaps the New 52 is stabalizing or Marvel Now is destabalizing. The problem is that even with the relaunch, Marvel has many of its same problems.

No Caption Provided

Events that no one really liked.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel Now.....

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I prefer The New 52, it's where I started off reading comic books, and It's easily my favourite hobby :) what I really like from The New 52 is: Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman Unchained, Batman/Superman, The Flash, Justice League, Batman, Swamp Thing, and Animal-man. I really am looking forward to read: Forever evil (and all Villains month issues), Trinity War, Superman/Wonder Woman, Justice League 3000, Justice League Dark, and Justice League of America! My wallet is going too hurt :)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 is definitely the place to be. They have titles that have been consistently good and are still kicking ass right now:

BATMAN

AQUAMAN

SWAMP THING

CONSTANTINE

PHAMTOM STRANGER

JUSTICE LEAGUE

VIBE

these titles are great reads month after month.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I've been enjoying New 52 more. The only

@krspacet said:

Both are polarizing. DC's New 52 and Marvel Now have both caused favorite characters to vanish. Each has released good and bad stories and titles. However, DC's numbers have been going up recently. Perhaps the New 52 is stabalizing or Marvel Now is destabalizing. The problem is that even with the relaunch, Marvel has many of its same problems.

No Caption Provided

Events that no one really liked.

This seems to sum it up.

RedHoodFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely more of a DC fan. However, with the announcement of the Netflix series, All New Marvel Now, and Amazing X-Men, I'm tempted to go over to the other side of the spectrum.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Rouflex

Dc Side!

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC since its a better jumping point for new readers.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbatdog said:

DC since its a better jumping point for new readers.

Gotta agree with this. The New52 was a ballsey move but it paid off

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

New 52 was much easier to get into. Honestly even now I'm still having trouble getting into Marvel.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New 52 was my jumping on point for DC. Honestly, I always thought the DC heroes, with their 70 year old histories, and constantly increasing powers decade on decade, were nigh impossible to get into. At some point, some group of editors/writers etc were going to start over, and that's what has occurred. Since this new DC universe is only 5 years old, it created a LOT of continuity problems for Batman (5 years is not enough time for the 3 Robins). But after 137 weeks of the New 52... Marvel remains my favorite. The New 52 had some great books, but right now it seems to be plodding along. JLA barely got a chance, I wish they brought Stormwatch back in the initial relaunched version, and JLA Dark without Constantine? I'm just hoping for more panel time for Captain Marvel.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

New 52 is definitely the place to be. They have titles that have been consistently good and are still kicking ass right now:

BATMAN

AQUAMAN

SWAMP THING

CONSTANTINE

PHAMTOM STRANGER

JUSTICE LEAGUE

VIBE

these titles are great reads month after month.

Is Phantom Stranger still that good? because I was thinking about starting picking that one up (from issue one) (ohh with the exception of Vibe which I will never read, I agree with your list, at the time of your post, which is what led me to ask.)

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cresShadow

marvel now is better for me. it seems the general DC crowd cant stand the new 52

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 curbstomps.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

All these years later....and the enw Marvel now is built on meh events and gimmicks and DC is mixing up The best traits from New 52 and Post Crisis... lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the_stegman  Moderator

Soon it'll be Rebirth vs Marvel Now (and again)

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cotton_Eye_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 was terrible. I'm glad that rebirth is getting rid of it. It felt more like a rip off of Marvel's Ultimate universe than the classic post crisis relaunches. I'm glad that DC is finally undoing a lot of it in Rebirth.

Marvel Now at least didn't ruin any characters. It was also one of the few times that Avengers comics were actually good.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Invain

My favorite Marvel and DC books weren't very good under those banners. I'd take current Marvel and DC over both.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52, but I kinda like Marvel Now 1.0.

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still New 52

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth>>>>New 52>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel Now

New 52 was rubbish. Still far better than Marvel Now or anything Marvel is producing these days. History is not going to be very kind to this era of Marvel comics, and the people involved with this dumpster fire. The Visions & maybe Secret Wars is legitimately the only good thing Marvel has put out in the last 5 Years. Pathetic.

Only thing I really liked from New 52 was Aquaman, some occasional Batman stuff, some occasional issues of Batman & Superman, and some occasional Justice League issues. Rebirth Aquaman has been declining, and its JL has been abysmal from the start.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Marvel Now included Hickman's run on Avengers then it surpasses the New 52 if its something else like ANAD Marvel then its inferior in a lot of aspects.