• 78 results
ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://bit.ly/2lPFW6w

I'm pumped. I want the Batman Extended Universe to come to the big screen , but at the same time it seems like DC and WB just say "hey this is cool people like this let's do it!" "Hey let's do this!"

There's now like 10 projects announced with only 3 coming out, 2 being sub par to be nice about it

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.superherohype.com/news/391503-the-lego-batman-movies-chris-mckay-to-direct-nightwing-movie

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

Someone just shoot me

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is so random. What they should be doing is finding a Director for the freaking Flash movie.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: exactly, I love Nightwing but why do they continue to just add more projects..?

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immadnice:

I agree. And while we're at it, why did they even do Suicide Squad? Because it was cool? How does that connect to the Justice League? Deadshot won't be teaming with Superman anytime soon.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: A SS movie makes sense, you establish important rogues for a majority of characters (JLD, batman, flash, you also have a hero in Katakana, JL with waller) a deadshot movie? a GCS movie? those make no sense. A nigh wing movie actually does make sense that this bruce Wayne is significantly older than previous incarnations.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so random. What they should be doing is finding a Director for the freaking Flash movie.

But it makes sense by a business view, Batman reputation only get stronger and stronger with Nolan and Now lego Batman while DCEU is ruining people faith on other DC superheroes for movies so you can't blame them for investing more on Batman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

Or, how bout this, get him to direct Flash. Seriously.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Arrow

Maybe Affleck is planning to leave the Batman role so WB is setting up Nightwing to replace him if that happens. Any way I am happy for Dick after all he is a 75+ year old character and he has been Nightwing for 33 years if any sidekick deserves a movie it's him.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@light1150 said:

@peterparkerjr: A SS movie makes sense, you establish important rogues for a majority of characters (JLD, batman, flash, you also have a hero in Katakana, JL with waller) a deadshot movie? a GCS movie? those make no sense. A nigh wing movie actually does make sense that this bruce Wayne is significantly older than previous incarnations.

True. I think I went overboard with that comment because I didn't like that movie at all and thought it was trash, lol. It did help set the foundation for a JLD movie if they ever choose to do one.

@bluehope said:
@peterparkerjr said:

But it makes sense by a business view, Batman reputation only get stronger and stronger with Nolan and Now lego Batman while DCEU is ruining people faith on other DC superheroes for movies so you can't blame them for investing more on Batman.

You can just have Nightwing appear in The Batman movie as a secondary character to fight alongside Bruce. You don't need to give that dude his own film. You introduce him in The Batman and people love him, then maybe we can talk about a solo movie.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and The Batman extended universe is real. Heck that name is even in the title DCEU: Detective Comics Extended Universe.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

They need to get their house in order before they even consider expanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing would be a cool option for a movie... but directed by the Lego Batman director? No. No no no. And besides, I agree with a lot of the people on this thread: other DC characters outside of the Batman family deserve more exposure.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr:

Yea a night wing movie is not needed though I'm not complaing because I personally like him and he is a fan favorite.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Precisely.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150:

I like Nightwing too. It's just too soon. Rogueshadow said it the best:

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this board would be jumping for joy, a lot of users here love nightwing

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr:

True I would like a flash, Shazam and titans movie first(don't care for mos2)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Asgaard

Like i was saying in other thread, Dc and Marvel may have different foundations, but seeing all this rumors/announcements in some fan bases perspective is... The idea of War Machine get his own movie and consequently delaying other franchises sequels on the Mcu would be.................. And in the not long lived Dceu that is even more .....................

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Flash cries in the corner....

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll probable leave in two weeks though I would love to a cool live action Nightwing.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for it.

Empirical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: the dude is the one that came to them and said he wants to direct a nightwing movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lego Batman is the best DC movie since Batman Forever. I'll go see a Nightwing movie from this guy.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting to think this is to prepare for Ben Affleck leaving the Batman. Most logical way to replace him if he does leave.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Precisely.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Nightwing takes over when Ben Affleck leaves calling it.

Totally

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this silence about Ben wanting to leave Batman is so disheartening. I don't want Nightwing to replace him.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing was always a wisecracker. I think this is a good choice

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my gawd *smh*

What about the Flash?! HELLO Warners! ?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Yassassin

Oh, another Batman related film.

Okay, I get it, follow the money, just like comics.

Harely Quinn, Bat stuff, events, I get it. Honestly them starting off with a Superman films was a fluke to begin with. This is DC, Detective Comics, we all should have known where it ultimately would lead to. Warner is showing their cards, and I'm quitting the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Oh, another Batman related film.

Okay, I get it, follow the money, just like comics.

Harely Quinn, Bat stuff, events, I get it. Honestly them starting off with a Superman films was a fluke to begin with. This is DC, Detective Comics, we all should have known where it ultimately would lead to. Warner is showing their cards, and I'm quitting the game.

It is pretty disheartening, especially in my case where I became much more of a DC fan once I was encouraged by media like Smallville and the CWverse to take the lens off Batman and start focusing on the other parts of this diverse universe. It's sad to think that all of these awesome characters won't get the exposure they deserve because of one character who's gotten 10x more exposure than necessary already.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator
Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: to be fair (even though I have zero interest in either marvel or DC movies) they have other movies not named batman on the horizon (WW, Aquaman)

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Or, how bout this, get him to direct Flash. Seriously.

He would be perfect for Flash.

OT: I was excited until I read it's being written by the guy who wrote The Accountant and The Judge. Two mediocre screenplays.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_stegman  Moderator

@theamazingspidey: Honestly, I don't really need or want a Nightwing movie right now, so, I'm indifferent to it.

And yeah, they keep adding all these new movies, but Flash, a movie that's coming out NEXT FREAKIN' YEAR still has no director.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Honestly, I don't really need or want a Nightwing movie right now, so, I'm indifferent to it.

And yeah, they keep adding all these new movies, but Flash, a movie that's coming out NEXT FREAKIN' YEAR still has no director.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I know man. I'm starting to doubt Flash is even coming out next year.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still superior to Snyder.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

@theamazingspidey: At first, I was thinking "maybe it'll get pushed back to summer or fall" but since I've heard nothing about it, I'm guessing it won't come out next year either.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: to be fair (even though I have zero interest in either marvel or DC movies) they have other movies not named batman on the horizon (WW, Aquaman)

True, but this is the only one anyone has any faith in because the others have been so awful thus far. And it's pretty clear the reason they feel that way is because Batman is the ONE thing WB always puts their all into.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Maybe Affleck is planning to leave the Batman role so WB is setting up Nightwing to replace him if that happens. Any way I am happy for Dick after all he is a 75+ year old character and he has been Nightwing for 33 years if any sidekick deserves a movie it's him.

Yup and just like that Damian Wayne's chances also shot up LOL. I hope its based more on Morrison and Grayson era and less on the 90's. Slade would have been the perfect villain for this, shame he's on Batman.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Yup and just like that Damian Wayne's chances also shot up LOL. I hope its based more on Morrison and Grayson era and less on the 90's. Slade would have been the perfect villain for this, shame he's on Batman.

I would't rule out that option completely even if it seems unlikely. Matt Reeves is going to direct and produce the Batman film, It's possible that he asked for creative control maybe he doesn't want Deathstroke. So instead of being the main villain for the Batman movie, they decide to utilize him on Nightwing. It seems far fetched but anything can happen in this DCEU films.

It's actually a bit concerning who they are going to use as a villain for Nightwing if they don't have Deathstroke. With Batman you have a lot of great villains that you know are going to be iconic but with Nightwing, Slade is probably the biggest. I hope they get it right because a great villain is one of the things needed to make this types of movies truly memorable.