DCEU Characters overrated?

• 52 results
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just been wondering if anyone else felt the same. There are people who think that DCEU supes could solo the entire MCU. Or that DCEU doomsday can too. Why is that?

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Anna_Karenina

It's not a DCEU thing, but rather something related to the movies. I've read a lot of absurd things about MCU Thor, Vision and even Cap too. Fanboyism is not limited to a certain side/studio.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've just been wondering if anyone else felt the same. There are people who think that DCEU supes could solo the entire MCU. Or that DCEU doomsday can too. Why is that?

You are too late.

DCEU Superman has already solo'd entire MCU before you joined CV, including MCU Celestial with power gem with his FTL speed and multi-billion ton strength.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarthAznable

All characters on here are overrated and underrated at the same time. Except Batman. Praise be to prep.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle Forum related stuff should go in the...well, Battle Forum. Stop polluting Gen. Discussion with this crap.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424 said:

You are too late.

DCEU Superman has already solo'd entire MCU before you joined CV, including MCU Celestial with power gem with his FTL speed and multi-billion ton strength.

Not before DCEU Doomsday Absorbs Thor's hammer and beats Odin and Thanos and becomes the supreme overlord

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle Forum related stuff should go in the...well, Battle Forum. Stop polluting Gen. Discussion with this crap.

Actually, every time I've made a thread in Battles that isn't strictly a battle but is relevant to the Battles section, everyone and their mothers tell me to move it to Gen. Discussion. So, touché.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Eh. Not really

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No......they just happen to have better nd very quantifiable feats

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Quantifiable feats just means "They're feats I like so they're the only ones I think are valid"

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Batman is, WW too.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are so predictable.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And who exactly is fighting?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure you got roasted in that thread

that's called getting trolled.

for being petty

for speaking truth

and fabricating claims lol

listen, if you think so, then it means you rarely browse battle forums, or are just flat-out ignoring things. I had already shown proof in a PM to all 4 people who doubted those claims were actual or not in that thread. I'm not going to do it again.

I know that superman is probably your favourte character, but that doesnt mean that you can't see how overrated he is on battle forums.

When I started CV, I mostly involved myself in DB forum section, and there, I always thought "What the heell is wrong with everyone, why do they keep hating on superman? Why can't everyone get over the Death battle shit and their insecurities and go on comparing everything with and everyone with superman"

I thought that superman got trolled a lot here. But, slowly times change. I started browsing more and more into movie-related battles and starting with nolanverse, begin to get moer and more interested in movieverse battles.

I started rewatching movies, rewatching fight scenes again and again, started making movie battles, but damn, it started to hurt my head when on every page, there were people who claimed that DCEU Superman is Faster than light, and his heat vision is hotter than core of the sun and lightspeed. Or that 616 wlverine's claws, which cut the goddamn IG Thanos, would just BOUNCE OFF Man of steel, just because he is superman, or that he is so powerful that nuke did completely 0 damage to him, he wasn't even bothered by it, and it can't actually do anything to superman despite snyder actually showing on screen what happens when clark ancounters a nuke. Or he can survive supernovas because he survived a nuke. Or he can solo MCU or he can beat up 616 Thor. or iron man.

However, I endured all this pain and just did not bother too much, and tried to not get too serious. But when I was making that thread referenced above (just the start), the guy who regularly makes live-action battles/scenarios involving MCU / DCEU & FOX made a thread about can DCEU trinity do something about the flying city of sokovia and half of the answers included "He will just lift andf throw it into space". Whein I pointed out that sokovia weights a freaking 1 billion tonnes (10^12 kg or 10^9 tons) , and superman can't do it, then I was bombarded with insults and trolled.

But the stress of making the above thread, which ended up with superman winning it as a champ, started hurting my brain too much, even when I saw the claims I was typing up. However, I was bombarded with insults again and again, and some more absurd claims for superman, and then superman fanboys teamed up against me, when my brain was already breaking down just be seeing those ridiculous claims. So, I decided not to fight back, despite by all means being capable of.

Not sure why I am even bothering with you considering that superman is your favourite character, and you won;t even see a flaw in him, but meanwhile my brain starts hurting again and again with those ridicluios claims I just typed. Damn, I need a rest, a big one and a significant break from this forum, and from any other active forum I usually browse on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: no....quantifiable means they can be measured. Like falling from orbit, getting hit by a locomotive, getting hit by a nuke. These can all be measured vs the leviathan feat, the sokovia feat nd the bifrost stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mass_fantasy: Lol, this board is the one and only board that encourages versus-related threads that technically "aren't battles" to go everywhere but the battle board, remember?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: The problem with that is I could absolutely quantify feats like that, but because people don't understand the math I use, they continue to say they're unquantifiable. That is the bias using that argument falls into.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buttersdaman000

@apex_pretador:

I'm not even gonna bother reading all that. You weren't being trolled, you were being called out. Lets assume your claims are true. That means multiple users who frequent the battle forums more than you simply haven't encountered them, encountered them very rarely, or deemed them unintelligent arguments that didn't deserve attention. If they are the latter two then theres no real way to justify their inclusion other than you having an agenda because i'm sure every character comes with rare, stupid arguments. You seemed to have pounced on the latter two to justify your own fanboy tendencies, and that, or the very likely possibility that you're fabricating, is why you got roasted. The WHOLE thread called you out man, but I guess you were the only one in the right?? Lol

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Eh, they aren't always overrated but it's definitely more than people care to admit.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DCEU Superman and all Kryptonians are overrated. I can count a number of people claiming they can beat Comic Iron Man. Which is ridiculous lmfao.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mass_fantasy: Lol, this board is the one and only board that encourages versus-related threads that technically "aren't battles" to go everywhere but the battle board, remember?

Yeah, but people been treating this place like it's the Battle Forum lately. ;P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: so tell me...how much do the leviathans weigh?

What sort of particles blew out of the bifrost? Where they harmful in anyway other than being teleporters?

Did thor actually tank the sokovia stuff? Can u actually prove he did logically nd based on his past encounters with vibranium

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Weight is meaningless, their durability is what matters, one affirmation of durability we see is when it comes to the lasers Tony uses, Jarvis himself says that Tony will lose power before they penetrate that armor, and those lasers cut through Hammer Drones like paper. With armor that strong, it's only logical to assume the force needed to pierce it would be incredibly high.

They absolutely were, the particles the bifrost utilized have energy in them, otherwise there would have been no shockwave, and the bifrost would not be able to destroy the planet of the Frost Giants. This is a weapon that is powerful enough to, frankly, be comparable to the Death Star in energy output. Far less clearly as it takes a certain amount of time for the Bifrost to actually work, but a few minutes to destroy a planet, the amount of energy running through the bifrost in any given second has to be insane. Not to mention the Bifrost's energy has enough energy to create a Wormhole. Do you realize how much energy is required to create a wormhole. A lot. Oh my God a lot. The amount of energy required to not only create a wormhole, but create a STABLEwormhole is greater than the energy collective energy of the sun, black holes are an example of how much power would be required by the Bifrost. Now, in the MCU creating wormholes does not seem to require as much energy as it would in real life, but just to give an idea based on the other way we've seen wormholes created... the energy of the Tesseract is a comparable medium, since it transported Loki and was used to repair the Bifrost in a timely manner. Now, the Tesseract's energy was powerful enough to totally incinerate anyone who touched it, including an enhanced human like Red Skull. On top of it, the Tesseract only created a portal for a short time, not nearly equivalent to the time the Bifrost does. While it's likely the Tesseract as a whole contains far more power than the Bifrost, the amount of energy the Tesseract expends in short amounts of time seems to be far less.

And to be frank, it would be absurd to claim that the particles in the bifrost could only teleport, energy is energy and in any form, it can be harmful.

Which Sokovia stuff? The Sovokia explosion? Considering we see no injuries on him when we see him again, he doesn't drown in the water below, etc... are all very good signs that he tanked the explosion. Hell, even if he was knocked unconscious then that's a KO from a city-busting explosion with no long-term damage. He was healed up the very next time we saw him and looked perfectly fine. In all likelyhood, the bar leans more towards his being conscious than otherwise, thus we have to assume he was.

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU characters can be overrated. Especially when comparing them to the comics. People thinking DCEU Superman can take on either 616 Thor or Thanos are absolutely foolish.

@DammeFavour

MCU Thor has gotten hurt and overpowered several times. When he can't use his hammer, he's gotten punked and ragdolled by Hulk, Kurse, and Ultron. They even made him bleed with their hits and punches. Even Iron Man was able to hold his own against a Thor that was not using Mjilnor fully. His physical strength isn't that impressive compared to other MCU heavy hitters. What makes him dangerous is that Asgardian super weapon of mass destruction disguised as a hammer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: nd u think m biased. The last time thor hit a slab of vibranium he was thrown back, what do u think would happen if he hit a spire made entirely of vibranium? Jarvis never said they could break through leviathan armour, he said they would lose power before they do. And as we saw in iron man 2, it drains a lot of the suits power. Nd u saw what happened when clints arrow exploded in loki's face, he had cuts. So the grenade damaged loki but the bifrost couldn't

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Loki was armed with Odin's javelin,when he tanked bifrost.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleeping_and_eating: You act as though any of those characters are weak. Kurse was amped by an unknown mystical force that allowed him to break through an Asgardian barrier with his bare hands and made him all, but unkillable, sub-par of a singularity.

Hulk, is the Hulk, don't act like he's weak, not to mention Thor held back a majority of that fight, claiming that Hulk just needed to think.

Vibranium is powerful, with Ultron made of Vibranium who knows how much more powerful his physicals were, he said himself humans have only scratched the surface of what it can do, who knows how he used it to improve himself.

That's the problem with people, they try to use these scenarios to make Thor look weak, but don't consider the context. It's like if I argued that Hulk isn't bulletproof because he's been cut by Wolverine's claws. It's an illogical argument and it's the argument you're trying to make by bringing all of these things up.

@hulkuberstomp: What evidence do you have that Gungnir amps durability? None.

@DammeFavour:Firstly, you just repeated what I said, you clearly misread what I typed, I said Tony wasn't going to break through the Leviathan Armor. And in Iron Man 2, the lasers were a one-off, he clearly improved in the Avengers since he blasted the Leviathan for a similar amount of time and he didn't have to pop the caps.

The last time Thor hit something made of Vibranium, he destroyed a Hydra tank. Thor got thrown backwards because he didn't expect the impact force from Cap's shield, he was prepared to smash Cap underneath his hammer like a bug, you strike things differently when you expect them to give vs when you expect them to stay, or you expect backlash.

I never said movies are consistent, hence why the consistency argument is a stupid one. If they were, the writers would agonize over every little detail, every little explosion, every little scenario, until they had to start hiring mathematicians and physicists just for people like you who don't understand it's a movie.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Well I heard that Old Republic Sith could stomp most New Republic Sith. Is it true??

sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Thor was only holding back against Hulk in the sense he barely used Mjlinor in that fight on the Hellicarrier. Without using his hammer he had to rely on just his natural physical strength to fight Hulk. He certainly was putting a lot of effort in using his physicals against Hulk. The only time Thor was able to do much against Hulk on the Hellicarrier was when he used Mjilnor to fight back (Hammer toss and uppercut swing that sent Hulk flying into a fighter Jet). Otherwise Hulk was certainly physically superior as he was quickly able to overpower a hammerless Thor and keep him on the defensive until that F-35 grabbed his attention.

Also Vibranium shouldn't really have made Ultron physically stronger than his previous model since it was only his outer shell that was covered in it. His internals metal was still made of the same material used in his previous armor. Vibranium shouldn't amp a person's physical strength that much (lifting or punching power). However, Vibranium should greatlyenhance a user's durability (hence why it took Thor, Iron Man, and Vision to slowly melt Ultron's Vibranium outer shell).

I never implied or said Hulk, Kurse, or Ultron were weak. My point was that MCU Thor's physicals compared to other MCU heavy hitters aren't that impressive. We've been shown multiple times throughout the MCU movies that he needs his hammer in order to contend and or surpass other MCU powerhouses. Again like I said earlier Hulk, Kurse, and Ultron were able to easily overpower a hammerless Thor. Even Vision (Aou deleted scene), Iron Man, and Loki were able to put up a fight against Thor when he doesn't use Mjlinor. It seems pretty obvious that Thor's physical strength is nothing to write home about although I'm not saying he's weak. But again he's just not as physically strong or formidable compared to other MCU heavy hitters when he's without his hammer as the movies have repeatedly shown and implied. In all of the MCU films, Thor only "holds back" in the sense he doesn't use Mjlinor fully likes he's capable of (lightning amped strikes, energy projection, weather manipulation) and when that happens, he simply relies on his physical strength against his opponents which is not very impressive compared to other character's strength feats. All of his greatest and most impressive showings and feats occur when he uses Mjilnor and can amp his attacks with lighting. Thor's not scaring anyone in the MCU with his natural Asgardian strength.

I'm honestly not trying to lowball Thor. It's just that he's very lacking and unimpressive when he forgoes using his hammer and opts to use his natural strength against other characters.

To be fair I genuinely think he's the most powerful Avenger in the MCU and would certainly beat any of them in a bloodlusted fight. But that's only because he has a powerful Asgardian weapon of mass destruction masquerading as a Hammer. Not because of his natural strength.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Well I heard that Old Republic Sith could stomp most New Republic Sith. Is it true??

IDK but I think that the New Republic sith have more feats so they're more likely to win

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Just simple logic.When he was Not armed with Odin's weapon he was damaged by Hulk's grund slap.When he was armed,he withstood powerful bifrost explosion.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleeping_and_eating: @conner_wolf:

After Thor summoned mjonir against hulk, he wasn't holding ack in the sense that he wasn't "restraining" himself intentionally, but was holding back in the sense that he did not have any intention to harm hulk, and was trying to subdue him.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Nope its just you , of course supes could solo MCU if he wants hes superman.

No Caption Provided

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleeping_and_eating: The problem is, your argument becomes invalid the second you have a character like Kurse who has absolutely no limits shown for his physicals, or a situation like with Hulk where Thor was doing just fine, and he was trying to subdue Hulk, or a situation like with Ultron where Thor was trying to trick him into leaving himself wide open for a hit from Vision.

Thor was not on the defensive, he was just trying to subdue Hulk without putting himself at risk, he didn't use lightning once, he never once tried to hit him with any serious amount of power, and he was going for chokeholds, which puts him at a serious disadvantage.

Vibranium can do whatever the writer feels like it can, we see a clear difference in physical ability between the two, and we also know that Cap's shield is capable of enhancing striking power a lot, he didn't even scratch Iron Man's armor until he used his shield, he couldn't penetrate a lot of things without using his shield. So yes, Vibranum clearly does increase striking strength at the very least.

We haven't been shown anything like that, we've been shown that Thor can fight The Hulk just fine in physicals, he was knocking Hulk around fairly well with a simple boxing tactic, and again, while trying not to bust his head open like a watermelon. Do you not understand Thor was not going for the KO? Or the kill?

Kurse is a non-factor, we have no idea what kind of stupid enhancements he got and he never showed any kind of limit.

Again, we have no idea to what degree that Vibranium amped Ultron's abilities, so another non-factor.

Vision was able to put up a fight against a hammerless Thor because he's made of Vibranium, the fact Thor was able to fight him at all shows that Thor was able to hurt someone made of Vibranium.

Thor never really put in a serious effort against Iron Man.

When did Loki actually put up a fight against Thor? Thor whupped him every time, except when he was trying to reason with him and Loki stabbed him in the back.

You are taking every situation out of context, I can't possibly see how this isn't lowballing Thor. The thing is we've never seen him use his natural strength that wasn't against an enemy of unknown level of power, the best showing we have for that is Hulk, and he still...

• Sent Hulk spinning with a single punch

• Was able to force him down for a time in a match of pure overpowering physicals

Other than that, we have little to no showings without the hammer, we do however see him flipping over an Asgardian table made of the same golden metal as the palace, and we see him lifting up cars with relative ease. We see other much weaker Asgardians send buses flying with kicks, so it's reasonable Thor could quite easily toss one around. It's simple logic, it just does not make sense to give Thor all this shit that you are giving him.

@apex_pretador: That's what I was trying to say, he wasn't trying to kill Hulk, only subdue him.

@hulkuberstomp: That's jumping to insane conclusions and not even considering that Hulk could just be that strong.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Agreed on Tor & hulk part. However.

Ultron where Thor was trying to trick him into leaving himself wide open for a hit from Vision.

Ultron was still more powerful than Thor. He was beating on Thor for like 25 minutes in movie time. Thor only distracted him with his words for a few seconds when Ultron threatened to push the city down to fall, showing a presence of mind, and luckily vision had recovered by that point. It does not mean that Thor is physically superior to ultron AT ALL.

Vibranium can do whatever the writer feels like it can, we see a clear difference in physical ability between the two, and we also know that Cap's shield is capable of enhancing striking power a lot, he didn't even scratch Iron Man's armor until he used his shield, he couldn't penetrate a lot of things without using his shield. So yes, Vibranum clearly does increase striking strength at the very least.

That's because the shield has a sharp edge and is made of indestructible metal.

we do however see him flipping over an Asgardian table made of the same golden metal as the palace,

Fun fact: If a table is made of gold instead of wood, it would weight around 35-40 times more.

But it would be speculation.

We see other much weaker Asgardians send buses flying with kicks,

Lady sif sent a huge tanker away with applying pressure from her one leg, and it looked like easily 30+ tons from sheer size.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that it was a facade, I just probably poorly represented that I think Thor was intelligent enough to stall for time. as opposed to fight back, and he didn't ever try to fight back. Also 25 minutes is a huge exaggeration.

The Shield actually does not have a sharp edge, its edge is blunt. It's the same way in the comics.

Yeah I don't think it was made out of gold, but the Asgardian Uru, but yeah it would definitely be heavier.

What tanker? I don't recall this.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that it was a facade, I just probably poorly represented that I think Thor was intelligent enough to stall for time. as opposed to fight back, and he didn't ever try to fight back.

Oh.

Also 25 minutes is a huge exaggeration.

Well, just rechecked it. My bad, it was only 7 minutes.

The Shield actually does not have a sharp edge, its edge is blunt. It's the same way in the comics.

Then how did it cut through ultron's body and struck there?

Yeah I don't think it was made out of gold, but the Asgardian Uru, but yeah it would definitely be heavier.

agreed.

What tanker? I don't recall this.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mcu-battle-captain-america-vs-lady-sif-1655774/?page=1#js-message-14188132

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Even then I think in the actual timeframe of the movie it would've been must less time.

Because Vibranium is stupid, that's why.

And yeah, I remembered that as a bus for some reason, but it's called a trailer not a tanker.

sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Look man you can keep making excuses for MCU Thor all you want, I don't care. All of the MCU movies have made it clear multiple times that Thor is substantially more vulnerable and at quite a disadvantage compared to other heavy hitters when he doesn't have his hammer and can be overpowered. Lol so he made Hulk flinch with his hits???? Iron Man did the same thing to Thor and was able to even get the upper hand a few times. But we know that in the movies (Thor > Iron Man) just like we know (Hulk > Hammerless Thor). Thor couldnt do much to Hulk without the hammer. You can even hear the strain in Thors voice as he tries to hold back Hulk with his arms. Hulk is clearly his physical superior. Mjolnir is what makes him dangerous and the most powerful MCU Avenger not his "Asgardian physicals". A hammerless Thor might "hang" with Hulk in a fight similar to how Iron Man might "hang" with Thor in a fight, as in the viewer clearly knows who is the physically superior fighter and how the fight would end if it were to continue.

Again, Thor is the most powerful and formidable MCU Avenger only because of his Asgardian weapon of mass destruction known as Mjolnir.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hulkuberstomp

@conner_wolf: Im not saying that Hulk is not strong.Im just saying that he was damaged by smashing in concrete

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkuberstomp: No, not by concrete, by Hulk's force smashing him against the concrete and whatever other materials are there.

@sleeping_and_eating: No, they really didn't, they never emphasized anything about Thor not having his hammer being weak, they emphasized the hammer is a powerful weapon, yes, but not that he's a weakling without it.

And no, he made Hulk do more than flinch, he sent Hulk spinning when he was, again, trying only to subdue him. Please try to take context into what you are saying. It does not make sense to say the Hulk vs Thor fight was a definitive battle, especially when Hulk was able to grab onto Hulk and send him wherever he wanted to. Their strength was clearly very close.

Iron Man hardly gained an advantage, most of everything he did to Thor didn't even phase him.