DC's New 52 Costumes - Are they the official costume?

azmoday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while, I had a quick question. I haven't been reading comics for a while, so when I dropped by my local comic store, I noticed DC Characters have new designs under the New 52. I read that these New 52 costumes and stories are kind of a soft-reboot.

I was just curious, are these costumes now officially changed forever as each character's definitive costume? So Batman's "official" costume now has all these lines going through it? Please let me know. thanks for your time!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By EyeDCyou

The new 52 was an official reboot in 2011 that was created as a result of Flashpoint.

The costumes are the new outfits for each character, and could be seen as the costume of the time. I think it's hard to define a characters official costume, so it's easier to do so by periods of time.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@eyedcyou said:

The new 52 was an official reboot in 2011 that was created as a result of Flashpoint.

The costumes are the new outfits for each character, and could be seen as the costume of the time. I think it's hard to define a characters official costume, so it's easier to do so by periods of time.

Adding on to this: Post-Convergence the main characters (mainly, the JLA members) are all getting new costumes. So I don't think DC is going to go with the "classic costume" route that they had believed in for 70 years anymore.