DC: Earth One?

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Voorhees100

As you probably know, DC has been releasing a series of graphic novels under the brand "Earth One". These titles are very similar to Marvel's Ultimate Universe, that is, a retelling/reimagining of some of DC's most popular characters updated to the modern world. So far, we have Superman:Earth One, Batman:Earth One and Teen Titans:Earth One. Grant Morrison is planning on making Wonder Woman:Earth One sometime next year.

However, I can't help but feel that the way this is going, a shared universe between them might take a while, considering each installment takes about a year or more. I know these are stand alone stories, but I think it would be cool if they could become monthly titles instead of Graphic Novels and really build on the continuity.

We could have Justice League, Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL and Teen Titans all have series, and introduce other DC characters in those titles.

So? What do you think of Earth One so far? Do you like the way they are being handled? Do you like them at all??

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine. I guess so. Yes. Didn't read Teen Titans Earth One though.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think they should continue as is

tell a full story in one, and if it's a good one, they can make another (Jeff Lemire has started writing a part 2 for Teen Titans)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I like it as it is, the hardcovers look better on my book case, but I agree they should come out faster. Maybe a volume of each series, a year.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the way they are and I don't think they exist on a shared universe.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rustyroy said:

I like the way they are and I don't think they exist on a shared universe.

Teen Titans was specifically written in a world where no other superheroes exist and the only connection between Batman and Superman is one or two easter eggs so I think you are right.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks nice.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've came across that Superman: Earth One and I've had it bookmarked on my mac it's pretty good actually wasn't just able to finish.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By vinomonster

I read Superman and Batman, maybe I should read Teen Titans next time but for the mean time, I think Earth-1 can be a game changer in the DC Multiverse, story wise I think Earth-1 Supes is really well written, the character and the depth of the story is really good. The way they written Clark is really inspiring, while Bruce story is somewhat really grounded but its a fresh take on Batman's origin. They cant make a Justice League Earth 1 unless they release Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. We will get Wondy early next year and Supes vol. 3, that I am really looking forward to read. Maybe they can do a Superman/Batman Earth 1 graphic novel then a Trinity story before making a Justice League.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw, I think it's fine the way it is but they should come out faster though.

vato315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how they're doing it now. Its almost like a movie release. Reading Superman now its very good. Comixology has a good sale going on now. Going to pick up Batman next.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think it would be awesome to have Earth 1 Batman and Superman form a Justice League, but I would be fine just reading them as solos, and I'm still pretty excited for part 2 of Batman Earth 1

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have any strong opinions on the concept. The Superman: Earth One books were okay, they actually remind me of the Man of Steel movie for better or worse. I did like Batman: Earth One, but I haven't read the second one and probably won't any time soon. I don't care for Teen Titans Earth One since it lacks the one Teen Titan character I actually like. As for the shared universe thing, I actually prefer that they are standalone rather than connected. I get enough of the complexities that come from a shared universe with the regular comics.