DC comics sales continues to Spiral as Rebirth money gimmick comes to an end: Marvel Dominates November 2016

• 154 results
Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Yeah JL vs Suicide Squad next month and JLA after that should put DC back into competition next month. The market is unfortunately led by events and new number 1 issues nowadays.

This!!!! Thank you bro!
I also don't get why Batman is still in top 10 even though it's simply not good (storwise, art is A+ though).
Yes, it's Batman but....sigh
Why is Superman not in top10, it's doing an amazing job so far. what the

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidgrantlloyd:

Marvel treat all their characters equally.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pretty much since the 80's, DC/WB have proven again and again the only one of their characters they care about is Batman.

This is so ignorant and misinformed I think it takes the cake as one of the most horrendous things I've seen on the internet this month.

That basically makes them a one-tick pony. The funny (and tragic) thing is, DC/WB are probably aware that they're presenting themselves as a one-trick pony ... but they don't seem to care. How sad.

Its clear you are not affiliated or just being outright contemptuous in regards to how successful DC as a comic line has evolved and succeeded. You're letting fanboyism turn you into a despicable peon, and at this point its past the point of hilarity.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@davidgrantlloyd: If Marvel treats their characters equally why does the X-Men have so many characters in limbo who weren't seen for years? Not to mention taking a random character and slapping them on the Avengers for 5 issues then a relaunch doesnt count as "equal". The funny thing is if it weren't for the movies more than half the Marvel characters wouldn't even be getting the push they are getting now.

DC Rebirth is doing its job whether people hate or not. DC is in a position where they weren't in for years. They are still finding a solid ground after the new 52. Marvel is going to keep winning cause well they have ANOTHER event with monsters or whatever with so many spinoffs, The X-Men are getting relaunched and Spider-Man was rumored to get another event. Marvel still has number 1s coming out too. You can hate on DC but continue having fun with events that don't add to nothing and can literally be done in one issue and characters turning into females for the sake of nothing.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

This guy is more obsessed with DC than Marvel lol

lol

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@eto said:
@lvenger said:

Yeah JL vs Suicide Squad next month and JLA after that should put DC back into competition next month. The market is unfortunately led by events and new number 1 issues nowadays.

This!!!! Thank you bro!

I also don't get why Batman is still in top 10 even though it's simply not good (storwise, art is A+ though).

I think Rob Liefeld once said that Batman will be top selling book even if the story is sh!#

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@eto said:
@lvenger said:

This!!!! Thank you bro!

I think Rob Liefeld once said that Batman will be top selling book even if the story is sh!#

You know, if it was an epic ride then of course I'd want it to be in top10. But it's not lol.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

You know, if it was an epic ride then of course I'd want it to be in top10. But it's not lol.

I saw the letter from Batman #12, hated it tbh.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
@eto said:

Hey this is off topic, but is Orlando a good writer. I want to read JLA next year. Then again, I'm not familiar with the writer. Since I don't read JL I need something else :p
One thing I'm hyped af for......

Nananananana Supersons

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Funny thing is, op is calling Rebirth a gimmick when Marvel is only ahead due to its own number 1 gimmicks.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
@rustyroy said:
@eto said:

Hey this is off topic, but is Orlando a good writer. I want to read JLA next year. Then again, I'm not familiar with the writer. Since I don't read JL I need something else :p

One thing I'm hyped af for......

Nananananana Supersons

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Neither am I lol and yeah can't wait for Super Sons.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CaptainSalt

@the_stegman:

Pretty much all of comics use gimmicks to get ahead. Rebirth tho, is probably the biggest gimmick I've seen in a while!

I can't remember the last time an entire event was returnable. Marvel almost never does this. Every one of the Rebirth titles and most of the other DC number ones that released simultaneously were all returnable. Which means retailers were ordering extra DC comics by the truck loads making sure they didn't run out for the duration of the event without fear of being stuck with back stock they didn't sell due to the comics being returnable. When retailers return the Rebirth titles later Diamond doesn't subtract that from the already talled monthly sales making Rebirth titles appear more successful than they really are. And the comics were dirt cheap. DC didn't actually win any of the Rebirth months but there's no way to prove it. Diamond counts what retailers ordered not what they sold. So all of DC numbers looked over inflated for the entire run of Rebirth.

It was all hyperbole. Rebirth didn't make a dent sales wise.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@captainsalt: Suicide Squad is so close to Guardians already wow impressive. I disagree. currently and currently vastly prefer DC. But doesn't matter. With Marvel bringing Star Wars on board it just guarantees a monthly win in sales.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: bruh, GotG's budget was 170mil. Where are you getting your facts?

Guardians of the galaxy opened in china ans Suicide squad didn't so its not that big for it not opening in such a big market.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

@eto: Dude. You haven't disproved my claim at all. You've just thrown a couple cheap insults that might make a 12 year old proud (if you're lucky).

Look at the top ten sellers for the year. Marvel have Spiderman, Iron Man, Civil War, Venom ... DC has Batman, Batman, Batman. (This has pretty much been the case for ages)

These kinds of extremely one-sided results can only come from DC putting all their eggs in one basket and Marvel spreading it around

@handofprometheus: ^^^As above^^^

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news, I love All New All Different Marvel so far, hopefully, it will continue to do well.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Light1150

@davidgrantlloyd: Marvel have Spiderman, Iron Man, Civil War, Venom

All of them (with exception of civil war) are #1s, the way you say dc puts all their eggs into batman, marvel puts all their eggs into #1s.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Light1150
No Caption Provided

This thread

and then me realizing the op is serious.

No Caption Provided

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By casper4690

Op and the rest of the clear marvel/DC fanboys in this thread.

No Caption Provided
CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: lol you say that as if Rebirth just didn't sh*t out about 50 number 1s.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Light1150

@captainsalt: of course they did, but let's not act like marvel has some equal character appreciation when all their books are in fact #1s so people wants to see what's new.

I have no idea why you feel the need that marvel is some holy paragon that needs to be defended? Neither marvel nor DC need to be defended.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: I'm just making the point DC uses just as much #1s as Marvel. You said differently at first.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: No I didn't, I said marvel puts all their eggs into numbers #1s which is true from the list you gave me, all the marvel titles are #1 except civil war

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: still don't see the need say "Marvel" puts all there eggs in #1s when DC does this just as much.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Light1150

@captainsalt: because the list that you showed of the annual revenue for this month had all marvel titles with the exception of civil war as #1s while DC only had 1 issue at #1. This is just straight facts here buddy.

davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

@light1150: That's true. Fair point.

Still, at least Marvel are spreading the love a bit across their range of characters. When you look at all the superhero output DCWB have done over the last 25 years (animation, films, video games, etc) ... 90% of it is all about Batman. And now Justice League part 2 has been delayed for ... wait for it ... the new Batman movie! (what a surprise)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

So DC's Rebirth gimmick runs out of steam by not having any relaunches during November... and so Marvel makes a comback with with's gimmicks and relaunches which makes up all their entries on the top ten list of books.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#77  Edited By Lvenger
@rustyroy said:
@eto said:
@lvenger said:

This!!!! Thank you bro!

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidgrantlloyd: of course any one with eyes can see that, but DC does still spread around its love with different characters,

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: I think DC has tried in the past to spread around the love a bit but was met with piss poor sales to many times.

So now it's just Bstman, Batman, Batman...

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: of course they have tried, and batman is the best seller, but that does not mean they don't try, they still do. Anyways I am enjoying rebirth more than Crap war 2 since I gpthink its probably the most insipid thing to grace shelves the past couple of years.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uuugh

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was the last time a Marvel series made it to at leas 30 issue without a renumbering?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANAD is atrocious, arguably worse than New 52 even. Not sure why people still buy Marvel comics when they're so bad right now.

@aros001 said:
@saintwildcard said:

I've dropped DC because of Rebirth, so part of me wants to smirk at this..... but I'm gonna try and not be so petty

Really? What about it didn't you like? Or was a series that you did like cancelled because of Rebirth? Because that I can certainly understand.

Well. I was planning on making the jump from monthly to trade waiting when Rebirth hit. What made me just loose interest is that they killed of New 52 Superman and have been ham fisting the old man Supes and his family in my face. Also the stuff going on witth Wonder WOman, retconning everything from Azz's run which I really liked. So as of now, there isn't really any Rebirth trades that I'm planning on getting.

That's the best thing about Rebirth. Glad that moron is gone and that the real Superman is back.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#84  Edited By SaintWildcard
@knightsofdarkness2 said:

@saintwildcard said:

Well. I was planning on making the jump from monthly to trade waiting when Rebirth hit. What made me just loose interest is that they killed of New 52 Superman and have been ham fisting the old man Supes and his family in my face. Also the stuff going on witth Wonder WOman, retconning everything from Azz's run which I really liked. So as of now, there isn't really any Rebirth trades that I'm planning on getting.

That's the best thing about Rebirth. Glad that moron is gone and that the real my Superman is back.

harry potter kanye west kanye shrug

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: New 52 Superman is dogshit. Just an edgier and more bland Pre-52 Superman. Can't believe people actually like him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: and you would know about edgy, with your swastika avatar. Now hush, your ranting is putting me to sleep

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: It's Zack Snyder with a Christmas hat/devil horns on a swatiska. It's satirical.

Also, New 52 Superman and MoS still suck.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If Rebirth was a gimmick, it's the best gimmick ever as it brought back the characters I knew and liked.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SaintWildcard

@knightsofdarkness2: nah, I think you just hate the jews. You just wanted an excuse to use a swastika, so you used this lame joke to use it. So what you dislike or like means nothing to me

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@saintwildcard: In all seriousness I'm sorry your favorite character got killed off. I know how that feels.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: ummmm, your swastika avatar?

What part of "it's satirical" don't you understand? Are you so mentally inept that the concept of "satire" and "dark comedy" are foreign to you? Do you really think screaming "NEO NAZI" and "YOU HATE JEWS" to silence dissenting opinions is an actual, viable strategy?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: sure dude, I believe you. Using a symbol that is associated with.hatred and heinous crimes to attack a director you don't like is a joke worth the pAyoff.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: yeah,well what you gonna do? Shit happens, ive just accepted it and moved on.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Hey man, if you're a Nazi then that is your business. But this is a kid friendly site so please keep that propaganda stuff to a minimum.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: For what it's worth, New Super-Man isn't post-Flashpoint Kal, but reminiscent in some ways. Ego is turned up to 11, but has a heart of gold. Story hss been intriguing too.

Likewise, Superwoman is pretty cool too. A slightly different book, but enjoyable.

Personally, those and Action are the only Super books I read, and only because Lex shows up a lot there, do I read Action.

But yeah, if you like the concept, but want to avoid the Superfam concept, New Super-Man and Superwoman might be worth looking at.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Do you really think comparing Snyder to Nazi's and the Devil is fair? Is it honestly amusing to you?

davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: Nowhere near as much as Marvel. That's the whole point I was making. That's why Marvel keeps beating them

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

@davidgrantlloyd:

Marvel treat all their characters equally.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pretty much since the 80's, DC/WB have proven again and again the only one of their characters they care about is Batman.

This is so ignorant and misinformed I think it takes the cake as one of the most horrendous things I've seen on the internet this month.

That basically makes them a one-tick pony. The funny (and tragic) thing is, DC/WB are probably aware that they're presenting themselves as a one-trick pony ... but they don't seem to care. How sad.

Its clear you are not affiliated or just being outright contemptuous in regards to how successful DC as a comic line has evolved and succeeded. You're letting fanboyism turn you into a despicable peon, and at this point its past the point of hilarity.

Remember when DC used the one-trick pony Batman as the center of Flashpoint, Blackest Night, Death of Superman, and COIE, among others. He really stole the spotlig.....oh wait.