DBZ-tier Justice League animated series.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PurpleCandy

Does anyone else think it's possible for DC to create a DBZ-tier Justice League animated series?

Long story arcs, that give us insight on each character throughout each episode, hero and villain alike. With said story arcs focusing on one villain and one villain alone instead of that "Villain of the Week" or the "Darn you haven't seen the last of me" cliche in Saturday-morning cartoons. No in this animated series once the arc is over, the villain shouldn't necessarily be killed but just defeated in a fashion that makes it impossible for them to exact revenge. And if the villain does somehow come back it should be done far later in the series when both the heroes and the audience least expect it, not episodes later but seasons later. (i.e. Fukatsu no F).

And second, actual fights! Not just a 5-minute brawl where whoever happens to be stronger wins. I think it will be nice to have episode long fights where we can see both the villain and hero use their variety of skills and how their opponent counters it. It'd be more suspenseful than a short brawl.

I mean that's how the comics are, so why not the animated products?

Would this be a good route for DC or no?

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No DBZ is about purely action.

DC is not just about the action, its also about the story.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

I would like to see a series like this but I doubt they'd make one. Young Justice is the closest to this you'll get with the villian per arc thing.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: and it was never finished. It had so much potential though.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@purplecandy: I know Young Justice being gone is quite depressing. it was so good. There isn't even a DVD box set to pick up which sucks.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: I'm talking about the cartoons. The comics are fine.

Yes I was talking about that, notice the DCAU productions were widely acclaimed? Because it wasn't just about the action, its also about the good writing - Story, plot wise, and characterization.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah, that be too boring. DC animated is well known for its stories, not its fighting scenes.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks:

Yeah but I feel like there's ways they could have made it more interesting.

I think Wolverine and the X-Men is another show to take notes from. Too me it felt very cinematic. Every event had in-depth explanation and analysis, and the fights actually seemed like a show-case of power and skill. It's a shame it only lasted one season.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mysticmedivh

DBZ has one of the deepest and most meaningful stories.

I would easily put it in the top 5 greatest literary masterpieces of all time in the history of mankind.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prophetvivec36: Yeah DBZ does have it's flaws. But they could have the story-telling style of Dragon Ball Super which is more fast paced than DBZ.

RyuBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplecandy: That's not saying much, DBS pacing is painfully slow.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Even One Punch Man has deeper story than DBZ, in my personal opinion

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KryptonianPrime
Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: you probably watched the funimation dub and never picked up the manga.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show itself is fine, especially if they want to go back to stuff like Young Justice. The only complaint I have is they keep depowering heroes and villains for no real reason.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool and it could work but I don`t see it happening.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even in an episodic format, JL was much better than DBZ. I'd hope they never make a series with that in mind. I don't think story arcs would hurt either, as JLU proved, but with so many characters to focus on and a world open to any threat, I don't see any being too long.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't JL/JLU was gold and has aged well. It was a show much deeper than action and "feats".

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love it.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplecandy: i know where you're coming from, but since the writers are so intent on weakening all of the leaguers who aren't batman, I'm afraid the shows will never improve in that sense, who justice looked like it might of but that ship has sailed

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd watch it if it were done well. The fights don't really need to change, though. Fights in the early 2000's Justice League were long enough and quite entertaining. Longer fights might take away from the story. DC is more cerebral than DBZ, and that's the way it should stay.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer to everything in Dbz is punching and kicking, but hey at least they don't let their villains live to kill more people.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

The answer to everything in Dbz is punching and kicking, but hey at least they don't let their villains live to kill more people.

No, they just don't kill their villains when they have 2 years prep and can find their exact location, when they're lying dormant. Or letting a villain live so two sons can fuse and fight the villain. Which leads to almost everyone on the planet losing their life. Additionally, destruction to the entire planet.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

No, they just don't kill their villains when they have 2 years prep and can find their exact location, when they're lying dormant. Or letting a villain live so two sons can fuse and fight the villain. Which leads to almost everyone on the planet losing their life. Additionally, destruction to the entire planet.

let's not forget that they can do this because they have dragonballs which pretty much makes any world saving antics irrelevant because human deaths are negligible.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@never_give_up said:
@theman44 said:

let's not forget that they can do this because they have dragonballs which pretty much makes any world saving antics irrelevant because human deaths are negligible.

LMFAO ^^

No one forgot...

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this ever happens people will complain about city destruction. Because that'll happen a lot.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yea sure its possible. And given how diverse DC is with its animated properties, i dont see why not. Give DC time, in a few years or less, They will be working on a new Justice League animated series i guarantee. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense given how hungry DC fans are for a new DC animated show that isnt Teen Titans Go(Not hating on the show, just saying its abut time DC fans got another action show. But anyways the success of Batman V Superman will determine how quick we get the show, it could be the difference of a year like Guardians of the Galaxy s animated show or a few years times at most.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea sure its possible. And given how diverse DC is with its animated properties, i dont see why not. Give DC time, in a few years or less, They will be working on a new Justice League animated series i guarantee. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense given how hungry DC fans are for a new DC animated show that isnt Teen Titans Go(Not hating on the show, just saying its abut time DC fans got another action show. But anyways the success of Batman V Superman will determine how quick we get the show, it could be the difference of a year like Guardians of the Galaxy s animated show or a few years times at most.

I actually wanted the characters how they are in the DCAOM.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jumpstart55 said:

I actually wanted the characters how they are in the DCAOM.

That would be awesome and i see no reason for DC to change their characterization for the sake of a prime time animated show.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: yet the villain always dies. Also jeez was but a joke lol.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@never_give_up: yet the villain always dies.Also jeez was but a joke lol.

It was one of your passive aggressive jabs that are beyond tedious.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: to be fair Goku does have a good reason to do that kind of thing and that is they all must become stronger for Earth to survive. And when Goku is gone he needs to count on his sons to be strong enough to protect Earth. Now say none of the android saga happened and along comes buu... you get the point. Say they killed the androids and spent no time training. Then imperfect cell would arrive and kill them all.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44 said:

@never_give_up: to be fair Goku does have a good reason to do that kind of thing and that is they all must become stronger for Earth to survive. And when Goku is gone he needs to count on his sons to be strong enough to protect Earth. Now say none of the android saga happened and along comes buu... you get the point. Say they killed the androids and spent no time training. Then imperfect cell would arrive and kill them all.

Stop trying to justify things.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By micah007123

@theman44 said:

Right you are. The series revolves around training.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: it's truth either they train or Earth dies... the end.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're on the wrong site to ask this question.

Most people here don't like DBZ.

As for me, I'll say I think it's possible, but only with certain characters. A Superman centric season with the machinations of Lex Luthor, who could legit be a global threat would work.

Batman with Joker could also work, but his would be closer to the Androids Saga with Gero, 17, 18, and 19 because Joker would need some muscle.

Aquaman and The Dead King, Wonder Woman and either Ares or Cheetah could also work. The key is to not just neglect characters though.