CW Arrow or MCU Hawkeye: Which archer would you rather have on your team?

• 86 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll CW Arrow or MCU Hawkeye: Which archer would you rather have on your team? (114 votes)

Arrow 41%
Hawkeye 59%
No Caption Provided

• 
brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@brucerogers: Oliver brings so much more to the table than archery though, I can't say the same for Clint.

I won't argue with that. But when it comes to who is the best archer, Clint should win

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I wanted an expert archer who could lead the team if required, can be a huge advantage in cqc situations, is a tactical genius, then I'd go with Oliver. If I wanted an expert archer whose only other ability is coming up with a sarcastic jab, I'd go with Clint.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"My team" but, a team of what?

Archers?

Motivational speakers?

Marksmen?

Bodyguards?

Models?

Wrestlers?

Because I would chose Clint for the first three, and Oliver for the last three.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both has Pros and Cons. Clint is a family man, I can see him always pushing no matter the odds to just hold his family again. A man with that kind of heart, with that kind of edge is very good to have on a team. Oliver has lost so many friends and family, and has endured alot.. just like Bats, his past is so dark. He lies alot just like most on the show lol. No doubt Oliver has heart.. but he's a conflicted, and a dark individual always reflecting on past demons, don't know if I'd want that on my team.

Both are similar in h2h skill imho but I would say Hawkeye is the better archer, and I'd give GA slight edge in h2h. Barton has a tactical mind.. Ollie has just had more showings being a solo hero it seems he's Superior, but nah I don't think so. He's fought for quite some time apparently, Id say longer than Ollies 6-10 years. He knows how to have some tricks up his sleeves just like Arrow, GA has just shown more. It's hard to choose.. but I'd go with Clint.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not both?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hawkeye, I'm afraid Green Arrow tells the superstrong kryptonian or god that may or may not be on the team as well to stay out of the fight so he can feel more important. Also he is an better archer.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BruceRogers: when it comes to archery what has hawkeye done to say he is better than arrow? .

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma: Shotting that Chitauri without even looking. Oliver has never done something close to that level.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 seasons and Oliver still has problems playing nice with others. Why the hell would anyone want that on a TEAM?

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gotoucanario

Clint would die in the first season of arrow, no question, unless you want him purely for marksmanship and not close combat.

kroczilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By kroczilla

honestly ollie is the best option for te single fact that he can do everything Clint can do and then some. his archery skills are around Clint ' s lvl and he out classes clint in h2h combat, reflex, strength, durability etc.

he has multi lingual skills, limited ITC skills (s1 ollie made his own gears including a hacking arrow even before he met felicity), interrogation skills, tactical knowledge (outsmarted deathstroke), leadership skills (ollie has shown to be a great leader when he needs to be), and criminal underworld connections, survival and guerilla warfare tacts (on the island especially against kovar's men), swordsmanship, limited knowledge of the occult , training skills (turned a noob like mr terrific into a somewhat decent fighter) etc.

if this was a job interview I would definitely be much more impressed by ollie s resume

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AngelJax

Definitely Hawkeye

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@angeljax said:

Definitely Hawkeye

But he's just an agent

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

If I wanted an expert archer who could lead the team if required, can be a huge advantage in cqc situations, is a tactical genius, then I'd go with Oliver. If I wanted an expert archer whose only other ability is coming up with a sarcastic jab, I'd go with Clint.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Definitely Hawkeye

But he's just an agent

He's also in movies. He reigns superior on that alone

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AngelJax

@rbt: Are you prepared for the physical and/or emotional abuse for having Oliver on your team?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

@rbt: Are you prepared for the physical and/or emotional abuse for having Oliver on your team?

He's not a psychopath. He doesn't just turn around and randomly smack someone in face..

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: He kinda did that with Roy when he shot him with an arrow...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

@rbt: He kinda did that with Roy when he shot him with an arrow...

A) Roy wasn't on his team. B) His other alternative was to let Roy keep digging which was bound to get him killed.. Which it did anyway, pretty much.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ollie easily

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"My team" but, a team of what?

Archers?

Motivational speakers?

Marksmen?

Bodyguards?

Models?

Wrestlers?

Because I would chose Clint for the first three, and Oliver for the last three.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

You know...Oliver is my favorite live action character...I wouldn't want to hangout with him though or be on a team with him now that I think about it. He's a bad teammate at times...so Clint.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the team and who else is on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver, he has a much more versatile skill set.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Clint because he's better at... everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clint. Better archer

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as an archer hawkeye stomps, as a fighter oliver stomps

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about that. Ollie's the only one here who's shot other arrows out of the air before

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexcomics2078 said:

Not sure about that. Ollie's the only one here who's shot other arrows out of the air before

to be honest i dont remember watching oliver doing that

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:
@mexcomics2078 said:

to be honest i dont remember watching oliver doing that

Loading Video...

1:53

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m sorry, who’s the reason their team split apart? Because he’s a controlling jackass who continually shuns his teammates, as well as keeps secrets? Clint, right?

Oh wait.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question is not who you want to have a beer with? It is who you want on your team. Hockey team? Basesball team? Who knows?

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a team? Obv Hawkeye. People say that Arrow is better in a fight, perhaps that argument can be made. But the personality of Oliver I find would cause more problems for the team than that difference might be worth. And as it stands, Hawkeye could hang with the likes of Black Panther or Black Widow, even if not win, but the fact he could hold his own for a not-extended period of time is impressive enough. And I do love his archery skills (with that shot into the USB slot being amazing to me), and his preference to not get hand-to-hand anyway, but stay, watch and be a ghost, and be a sniper. But his temperament for a team makes this a no-brainer.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: sorry for the late reply , yeah That feat makes Oliver a good archer but I don’t change my opinion about that hawkeye is a better archer

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By plotweapon16255

@mexcomics2078 said:

@plotweapon16255: sorry for the late reply , yeah That feat makes Oliver a good archer but I don’t change my opinion about that hawkeye is a better archer

I don't have any problem with ur opinion that says " Hawkeye is the better archer better than Oliver " but....it isn't true.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gotta be Oliver here, he's got Clint outmatched across the board. He's a much better fighter, a better archer, much better tactically, he's a better leader, and he's got better recources/connections. Clint's probably more fun to hang with, but that's about it.

@stormdriven said:

I’m sorry, who’s the reason their team split apart? Because he’s a controlling jackass who continually shuns his teammates, as well as keeps secrets? Clint, right?

Oh wait.

Eh, I disagree that the split was much Oliver's fault.

It basically came down to him bugging Curtis, Dinah, and Rene because he suspected there was a mole, something wildly dangerous in that line of work. And he was 100 percent right, Rene was a mole, the move was justified. Rene knowingly sold out Oliver, and Oliver still forgave him almost immediately, despite this being far from the first time Rene had screwed up badly. That's not even remotely shunning his teammates, if anything, that's way more compassion than Rene deserved. Sure, Rene was trying to get custody of his daughter, but Oliver had already started the process of making that happen without putting the entire team at risk. Rene has absolutely no right to be angry at Oliver, especially when he and Curtis were the ones begging to work with him in S5.

As for the pratice of bugging teammates itself, Felicity bugged Oliver early in S5 when he was trying to free Diggle, something Curtis and Rene both went along with. Then Evelyn and they even resorted to trying to fight him, despite Oliver's clear reservations. Oliver didn't even slightly hold a grudge for any of this. Curtis put tracking nanites on Felicity in S5 to expose her cooperation with Helix, she didn't hold a grudge either. Again, Curtis was right, but so was Oliver. Heck, Diggle tried to bug Oliver in S1 and Oliver didn't care.

Moreover, Oliver is actually incredibly forgiving, and rarely the reason for team drama. He's forgiven Rene for screwing things up time and time again, and continued to mentor him both as a vigilante and in his job at the Mayor's Office. He's forgave Quentyn immediately for years of conspiring against him, and even for actively working with Damien Darhk. He helped Quentyn reform his life from being an alcoholic to holding a prominent position in the Mayor's Office, one where Quentyn has done a lot of good. He forgave Felicity immediately for undermining him multiple times, conspiring with Helix, releasing Cayden James against Oliver's warnings (something he never even brought up while fighting Cayden), hesitating against her boyfriend Darhk was using, etc. He forgave Diggle for keeping the tremor a secret. He forgave Evelyn for turning against him. He was the only ones in the Dominator Crossover to stand by Barry even after Flashpoint. He forgave Merlyn in order to give Thea a better life. He forgave Moira for her many crimes without hesitation. He even forgave Slade for killing his mother and nearly destroying everything he cared for. These are just a couple examples.

If anything, Oliver generally takes way too much responsibility for the actions of others, often including his teammates. He tries to carry the burden of guilt on his back to lift it from his associates. His whole conspiracy to take down the League is an obvious exception where he's definitely at fault, but ultimately it was necessary and his plan was effective.

Meanwhile, Oliver's success as a leader has been staggering. He's actively mentored many of the heroes through the universe, including Flash, White Canary, the Atom, Black Canary(s), Spartan, Arsenal, Speedy, Ragman, Wild-Dog, Mr Terrific, Huntress, etc. There's a reason he's the leader whenever a new multi-show crisis develops.