Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45260 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so if you could create a superhero team using characters all from one company (eg Marvel, DC, Image ect) based out of the country/state you live in who would be in it and what would be it's aim? OK i'll go first

Name: Academy of Strange (full title: Cambridge Academy for the Exploration of the Strange)

Purpose: The Academy of Strange is less a "Justice League of Britain" and more a Future Foundation/Challengers of the Unknown/Planetary hybrid. It is a freelance group founded by the government to investigate strange happenings. Werewolves rampaging around the Highlands? Alien fossils found in Yorkshire? Infestation of extra dimensional killer lawnmowers in the Millennium Dome? The Academy of Strange are the guys you call.

Members:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Richard Swift AKA The Shade: Armed with his ability to control darkness and his dry wit, reluctant leader and immortal Shade was contacted by the government because of the extensive knowledge he has gained over the century's

William Glenmorgan AKA Congorilla: Famed adventurer and expert hunter, tracker and marksman Congorilla is one of the Shades closest friends and his first recruit.

George Cross AKA The Hood: A dashing and debonair mercenary that commonly works for MI5. He is a master thief, escape artist, martial artist and marksman.

Jeramey Chriqui AKA Canterbury Cricket: A young teen hero that after an accident was turned in to a human/grasshopper hybrid. Richard Swift inducts him in to the Academy in order to "keep an eye on him"

Tim Hunter AKA The Merlin: Tim Hunter is the most powerful magician in the UK and is this age's incarnation of Merlin although he is still young and learning how to use his power.He was referenced to the Academy by John Constantine after refusing membership.

Even MCCullach AKA Mirror Monarch: After repenting his past, Even has been given redemption by working as the Academys senior scientist. He uses his powers and inventions to help the Academy travel the world investigating mysterys

Penny Black AKA Britannia: Member of the Royal Navy and the British Governments representative inside the Academy. Britannia uses her incredible suit of armor to help defend Britain.

Dora Leigh AKA Godiva: As one of the UK's most famous heroes Godiva has been elected as the face and spokesperson of the Academy of Strange.

Avatar image for charetter115
#2 Posted by Charetter115 (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Texas

Air Wave...Blue Beetle...I guess maybe Jonah Hex.......Screw it, Chuck Norris FTW.

Avatar image for fodigg
#3 Edited by fodigg (6239 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess a Chicago team would have to feature Savage Dragon. And I think Kitty Pryde is from Illinois.

Avatar image for spawn92
#4 Posted by Spawn92 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League of Canada:

  • Wolverine
  • Guardian
  • Captain Canuck
  • Northstar
  • Deadpool
  • Vindicator
  • Snowbird
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#5 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (16705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Ok so if you could create a superhero team using characters all from one company (eg Marvel, DC, Image ect) based out of the country/state you live in who would be in it and what would be it's aim? OK i'll go first

Name: Academy of Strange (full title: Cambridge Academy for the Exploration of the Strange)

Purpose: The Academy of Strange is less a "Justice League of Britain" and more a Future Foundation/Challengers of the Unknown/Planetary hybrid. It is a freelance group founded by the government to investigate strange happenings. Werewolves rampaging around the Highlands? Alien fossils found in Yorkshire? Infestation of extra dimensional killer lawnmowers in the Millennium Dome? The Academy of Strange are the guys you call.

Members:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Richard Swift AKA The Shade: Armed with his ability to control darkness and his dry wit, reluctant leader and immortal Shade was contacted by the government because of the extensive knowledge he has gained over the century's

William Glenmorgan AKA Congorilla: Famed adventurer and expert hunter, tracker and marksman Congorilla is one of the Shades closest friends and his first recruit.

George Cross AKA The Hood: A dashing and debonair mercenary that commonly works for MI5. He is a master thief, escape artist, martial artist and marksman.

Jeramey Chriqui AKA Canterbury Cricket: A young teen hero that after an accident was turned in to a human/grasshopper hybrid. Richard Swift inducts him in to the Academy in order to "keep an eye on him"

Tim Hunter AKA The Merlin: Tim Hunter is the most powerful magician in the UK and is this age's incarnation of Merlin although he is still young and learning how to use his power.He was referenced to the Academy by John Constantine after refusing membership.

Even MCCullach AKA Mirror Monarch: After repenting his past, Even has been given redemption by working as the Academys senior scientist. He uses his powers and inventions to help the Academy travel the world investigating mysterys

Penny Black AKA Britannia: Member of the Royal Navy and the British Governments representative inside the Academy. Britannia uses her incredible suit of armor to help defend Britain.

Dora Leigh AKA Godiva: As one of the UK's most famous heroes Godiva has been elected as the face and spokesperson of the Academy of Strange.

do the heroes we use have to live in our state?

Avatar image for marvelavengersalliance10
#6 Posted by MarvelAvengersAlliance10 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Canadian Defenders:

  1. James "Logan" Howlett aka Wolverine
  2. Wade Wilson aka Deadpool
  3. Eugene Judd aka Puck
  4. Walter Langkowski aka Sasquatch
  5. James Hudson aka Guardian
  6. Madison Jeffries aka Box
  7. Heather McNeil aka Vindicator
Avatar image for judasnixon
#7 Edited by judasnixon (10957 posts) - - Show Bio

2773111-downloadedfile_1.jpeg
Ha! We're armed with dive bars that don't close, and no open container laws! WE ARE THE NEW ORLEANS DEFENDERS!!! 
                                                                                  Who Dat Mother F***ers!!!
Gambit 
Gambit 

Brother Voodoo
Brother Voodoo

 Madame Xanadu
 Madame Xanadu

Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel
Avatar image for the_tree
#8 Posted by the_tree (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know of any Oklahoman superheroes/villains besides Doc Samson and Praeter

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (17263 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there aren't any superheroes from Bulgaria.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45260 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Yea

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Yea

crap, im in California....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45260 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: well you do have these guys Order

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: well you do have these guys Order

i have no idea who any of those people are. most of the superheroes that were once based in cali dont live here anymore.....well at least we still have Hal......

Avatar image for loki9876
#14 Posted by Loki9876 (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

ha belgium

Avatar image for lykopis
#15 Posted by lykopis (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spawn92 said:

Justice League of Canada:

  • Wolverine
  • Guardian
  • Captain Canuck
  • Northstar
  • Deadpool
  • Vindicator
  • Snowbird

Pretty much this but add Aurora into the mix (especially since with her brother they can potentially get back that lovely extra power) and take our Captain Canuck out of that name, lol.

Persuasion would be a nice addition as well.

Avatar image for thecannon
#16 Posted by TheCannon (20267 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really need another create your own team thread?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45260 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: do you really have to ask that?

Avatar image for xybernauts
#18 Edited by xybernauts (888 posts) - - Show Bio

Haitian Superheroes.... - (is it just me or do they all seem to have voodoo based powers - talk about stereotypes)

Jericho Drumm aka Brother Voodoo aka Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Unknown (Marvel)

2871068-Doctor_Voodoo.jpg

Daniel Drumm (Marvel)

2871116-Daniel_Drumm_(Earth-616)_000.jpg

Papa Jambo aka Charles LeJeune (Marvel)

2871040-papa-jambo1.jpg

Nightingale (Marvel)

2871088-1215198-nightingale_large.jpg

Oya Sin Gaaz (DC)

2871077-Oya_001.jpg

Empress aka Anita Fite (DC) (of Haitian descent)

2871074-Empress.png

The Haitian aka Rene (from cancelled "Heroes" TV show)

2871065-204623-129004-haitian.JPG
2871071-227586-84665-haitian.jpg
Avatar image for timandm
#19 Posted by Timandm (3393 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelAvengersAlliance10 said:

Canadian Defenders:

  1. James "Logan" Howlett aka Wolverine
  2. Wade Wilson aka Deadpool
  3. Eugene Judd aka Puck
  4. Walter Langkowski aka Sasquatch
  5. James Hudson aka Guardian
  6. Madison Jeffries aka Box
  7. Heather McNeil aka Vindicator
Isn't that basically Alpha Flight?  Cept for Deadpool of course...
Avatar image for jorgevy
#20 Edited by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

a better thread would be

create a super hero team based on your country/state with characters based on your culture/tradition

since there are no heroes for some countries and hardly any for some states and other countries.

if you wished you could add super heroes from the comic companies, but if you had none you could create some based on stereotypes or traditions or cultural stuff from where you are.

how about that???

EDIT: Im actually gonna do a thread like that

Avatar image for 14nc3
#21 Posted by 14NC3 (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm from England, but I just put together a team of british superheroes:

  1. Captain Britain
  2. Spider-Woman
  3. Fantomex
  4. Psylock
  5. Union Jack
  6. Black night

Dunno anyone else