Could Ironman make a SupermanBuster Armor?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1 stormshadow_x  Online

Tony has made a Hulkbuster armor and a Thorbuster armor. Neither really have proven there title but could Tony make a SupermanBuster Armor and would it be efficient against the Man of Steel?

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No, I mean it's not like Superman has a key weakness that can be easily exploited or anything oh wait..

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The man made a god damn PHOENIX buster suit.

I think if Tony had a few days, no problem. Or, you know, Kryptonite.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stormshadow_x  Online

@rd189: Yes but was it efficient? None of his Buster armors have had a 100% efficient rate at taking on there selected target

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Yes but was it efficient? None of his Buster armors have had a 100% efficient rate at taking on there selected target

Touche. Like I said, Tony would need time.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Comic book movie Iron Man vs MoS would be more fair.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stormshadow_x  Online

@ccraft said:

Really. People have MOS Superman beating the entire movie avengers. You think Ironman could take him alone? I mean I know this is cheap But Speedblitz for the win. MOS actually made the kryptonians do nothing but speedblitz. Even Clark did.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Really. People have MOS Superman beating the entire movie avengers. You think Ironman could take him alone? I mean I know this is cheap But Speedblitz for the win. MOS actually made the kryptonians do nothing but speedblitz. Even Clark did.

That's because movie Avengers is a lot weaker than the comicbook versions obviously comic Ironman is a lot better than his movie version hence making a more fair fight..

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stormshadow_x  Online

@thitiki said:

@stormshadow_x said:

@ccraft said:

That's because movie Avengers is a lot weaker than the comicbook versions obviously comic Ironman is a lot better than his movie version hence making a more fair fight..

I know. One of my gripes with the Marvel Marvel Cinematic Universe and I didn't notice it until I saw MOS. I feel like the DC characters will be closer to there counterparts in the comics and will be wrecking building every movie. Other then Bruce of Course.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you can fill the armor with Kryptonite. Or magic from a socerer. Or red sun radiation.

Or maybe cover up the armor with innocent civilians.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it'd probably work in the exact same way as Luthors kryptonite battle armour.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By ccraft

@stormshadow_x said:

@thitiki said:

@stormshadow_x said:

@ccraft said:

I know. One of my gripes with the Marvel Marvel Cinematic Universe and I didn't notice it until I saw MOS. I feel like the DC characters will be closer to there counterparts in the comics and will be wrecking building every movie. Other then Bruce of Course.

In the comics you have IM creating machines to match Thor an Hulk, and in comics it could be completely feasible that he could create a kryptonite suit that could beat MoS version of Superman with ease (if he had the kryptonite weakness). But could cbm version of IM beat MoS? No way. Superman could easily use heat vision to melt his suit, or just tear the suit bit by bit off of him for the win.

As for cbm Avengers vs Superman, it's hard to say. The only ones I see putting up a decent fight or beating Superman is Hulk and Thor. MoS Superman fought 3 kryptonians in an epic fight. We haven't seen Hulk or Thor fight someone to test their strength, they just fought aliens on flying machines that didn't put up a fight. So I see it going either way or MoS winning.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These Buster armors hardly do there job so why bother.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deaditegonzo

He could make it, but I doubt it would work.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

No. If he can't beat hulk or Thor he isn't on Superman's level. And he doesn't know Supes like Lex does

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It'd break as usual..

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If we're going to have him build it in the Marvel Universe...I doubt it. Kryptonite doesn't exist there. If he's in the DCU, maybe if he gets to know Supes well enough.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Essentially, Stark wouldn't need to make one, because it already exists:

No Caption Provided

And Lex holds the patent :)

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster stalemated hulk in their first fight IIRC.

On-topic, Red sun energy only slowly takes away his powers, and Kryptonite doesn't exist in MU. So no.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for quantumranger99
QuantumRanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he had a few months to study Superman's powers and weaknesses as well as going to Asgard to have Odin help him craft as well as enchant an Uru Hulkbuster armor, then have Odin and Dr. Strange enchant the Odinforce crystal, find a large chunk of Kryptonite, carve out bullet sized shards from the chunk, dip the shards in liquid Lead then have it harden, create modified Arc reactors that emit artificial red star radiation, then set up an area to fight Superman, as soon as Superman shows up he then fights against Tony in his Uru Hulkbuster as Ironman then shoots the Kryptonite bullets at Superman and since 1) the Kryptonite is covered in Lead so Superman can't see through the bullets and 2) Superman wouldn't dodge the bullets since he knows they won't be able to pierce his skin, so the bullets will make contact and the Lead will break away leaving the Kryptonite lying on the ground at Superman's feet, then the Kryptonite will begin weakening Superman preventing him from moving as Tony approaches, Ironman would then radiate the red star radiation from the Arc reactors on the Hulkbuster weakening Superman even further, then he would use an Odinforce crystal enhanced repulsor blast to Superman killing him.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He would make it, but somehow, superman he ends up facing is superboy prime, and he still does a good job before getting stomped.

manny_int

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metallo

Joking, I know Metallo does not compare to Iron Man.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could definitely make it, but that doesn't mean it would work. Tony makes a lot of buster armors that almost never guarantee a win against what he's supposed to be busting.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously.

Although arguably the Hulkbuster armor is already more than enough but that is a topic for a different thread

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Yes and then he would stomp Clark. Making Superman-Buster is easier than Hulk Buster as Superman has weaknessess. But Iron-man can LOLSTOMP Superman without using his weaknessess. He only needs prep but not things like Kryptonite but indeed if he makes Superman Buster that is charged by Kryptonite and/or Red Sun energy he would totally stomp Superman.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and then he would stomp Clark. Making Superman-Buster is easier than Hulk Buster as Superman has weaknessess. But Iron-man can LOLSTOMP Superman without using his weaknessess. He only needs prep but not things like Kryptonite but indeed if he makes Superman Buster that is charged by Kryptonite and/or Red Sun energy he would totally stomp Superman.

The dude made a Phoenix buster suit so this.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think he can make a JL buster? (new 52)?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: He does not need a buster suit when he has Z-Gas, Adamatium Sentinels, Sol's Hammer, Power Distruptor... All three can take down JL. Not to mention that Stark's defence system, yes defence system only, overpowered the Avengers.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: He does not need a buster suit when he has Z-Gas, Adamatium Sentinels, Sol's Hammer, Power Distruptor... All three can take down JL. Not to mention that Stark's defence system, yes defence system only, overpowered the Avengers.

flash

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: If Stark disstracts the Flash he can take him down with each of these. But the best way to take down the Flash is Power Distruptor. It will turn him in a human.

Soaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why not

People mention the efficacy of the suits relating to their titles - however I see them as something to slow the intended target down, for other parts of the plan to be enacted (except in AOU where it actually did it's job)

So, yes - Stark could build armour to take on Superman

Whether he would win is another question

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

With Kryptonite, obviously, but without it, probably not.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

In order for Tony to make what the OP wants, you would have to assume the Buster suits can't be beaten by the people they're suppose to bust.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

I would say it would be easier than the Hulk buster or Thor buster to create. All he would have to do is implement kryptonite into a suit of amour similarly to Metallo or Lex Luthor.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he could, wheter Clark would thrash it or not is the real question.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's just a bulkier and "more durable" armor like the Hulk-Buster, then no. If it has other stuff (like kryptonite or something), then yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

No, I mean it's not like Superman has a key weakness that can be easily exploited or anything oh wait..

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL you just have to love this thread.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

With Kryptonite yes, without... No

bestlaptot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: yup. Even without kryptonite. Just use his sorcerer supreme armor.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s definitely finding a way of creating/mimicking Yellow/Green Kryptonite and red star radiation.