deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Corvo Attano

No Caption Provided

Born into a lower class family in Karnaca, Serkonos, Corvo grew up fighting in the streets. This all changed when at the age of 16 Corvo won the Blade Verbena. Because of his great skill he was given the chance to become an officer in the Grand Serkonan Guard. His skill was so great that he was eventually sent to Dunwall to become the Lord Protector. The Empress he was sworn to protect was then murdered in front of him and he was framed for her murder. He had to clear his name.

Powers

This is the core of Dishonored and is what makes Corvo such a notable fighter. Let's go over his powers.

Dark Vision

No Caption Provided

Dark Vision allows Corvo to see all living beings through walls as well as see their cones of vision. It also allows him to see visual representations of the sound he makes. Corvo can also see security systems and useful items through walls as well. And, as the name implies, it allows him to see in the dark.

Blink

No Caption Provided

Blink enables rapid forward movement, which is similar to teleporting. It isn't actually teleporting though since trying to get through a Wall of Light with it will get you disintegrated.

No Caption Provided

We also know that it isn't teleporting because blinking into a window breaks Corvo through it.

The exact distance Corvo can teleport is unknown. In-game it is quite a limited distance for both Corvo and Daud.

No Caption Provided

However in a trailer/cutscene for The Knife of Dunwall we see Daud blink further than he can in-game, so it is logical to assume Corvo can do the same.

Possession

No Caption Provided

Corvo can enter the bodies of humans and animals for a short time. He doesn't just control them, he literally enters their bodies. Upon coming out of a person they may regurgitate. This power can be combined with "Bend Time" to control people and animals when everyone else is frozen around them.

Bend Time

No Caption Provided

Corvo can stop time completely and move freely during that time.

No Caption Provided

This brings me to another point that people seem to forget. Using Bend Time Corvo can stop bullets in the air. Since Bend Time stops time as soon as Corvo casts it, this means that Corvo has the reaction time to cast a spell after bullets have been fired but before they hit him. This is even reflected in game, where if you shoot a gun at an enemy the bullet hits them instantly, but if they shoot one at you it takes about half a second for the damage to come through. This is because Corvo's reactions are good enough to cast a spell during that time.

Devouring Swarm

No Caption Provided

Corvo can summon a swarm of plague rats to devour his victims.

No Caption Provided

This should give you an idea of what the Devouring Swarm rats are like, but this is at Level 1. Once upgraded there are even more of them.

Devouring Swarm rats do carry the Plague, as the video above shows.

Windblast

No Caption Provided

Corvo can shatter doors and launch enemies with lethal force with a blast of wind.

No Caption Provided

This is what Corvo shattering doors looks like.

Enhancements

Rather than the powers that Corvo has to activate as shown before, these are the enhancements that he always has without having to activate them.

Vitality

No Caption Provided

Corvo has enhanced durability and a healing factor.

No Caption Provided

Survives blinking out of what looks like a 4 story building and then fights.

Blood Thirsty

No Caption Provided

Corvo can build up adrenaline to make him more aggressive and effective the longer the fight goes on.

Agility

No Caption Provided

Corvo can jump higher, take higher falls and move faster than regular humans.

Shadow Kill

No Caption Provided

Enemies that Corvo kill turn to ash. This is great for stealth.

Gear

Now onto the next best thing. His equipment. Most of it was made by Piero Joplin, arguably the smartest man in the Empire.

Sword

No Caption Provided

Corvo's custom made sword is retactable, meaning he can hide the blade and fold it to use as a knife. It is also described as being "sharper than a razor."

No Caption Provided

Corvo's sword even has a mechanism which makes it more effective when locking blades and pushing against an opponent's sword.

Gun

No Caption Provided

The best firearm in the isles. Corvo's gun can carry multiple bullet at once, can reload quickly and is very accurate.

No Caption Provided

Corvo can load his pistol with explosive ammo.

Crossbow

No Caption Provided

Corvo's crossbow is completely silent, making it the perfect stealth weapon. It can fire normal bolts, sleep darts and incendiary missiles.

No Caption Provided

The effect of Corvo's sleep dart administers immediately.

No Caption Provided

Corvo is skilled enough with a crossbow to shoot three enemies consecutively in the throat in a matter of seconds.

Mask

No Caption Provided

Corvo's mask can zoom in like binoculars and amplifies sound.

Boots

No Caption Provided

With his boot upgrades, Corvo moves silently. Even whilst running nobody can hear him.

Springrazor

No Caption Provided

Corvo has springrazors. They are similar to landmines since they trigger when something walks over it, but springrazors cut the target up silently.

Grenade

No Caption Provided

I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Sticky grenade

No Caption Provided

Like a regular grenade, but it sticks to its target.

Skill

People seem to think that Corvo is nothing without his powers. This is not true.

No Caption Provided

Because of his great sworsmanship, Corvo was given to the Emperor as a political gift. Every single one the Emperor's/Empresses guards is hand-picked.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

At the age of 16, before he was even an adult, Corvo won the Blade Verbena, an annual swordfighting tournament.

No Caption Provided

Corvo effortlessly stomps a trio of guards in a matter of seconds without using his powers.

Corvo is able to fight and beat three superpowered assassins at the same time before he even gets his powers, purely because of his skill.

Corvo has the skill to take on and beat Daud, another marked individual with much more experience than Corvo and who is also a trained assassin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Corvo is stealthy enough to complete the entirety of the game without being detected and without killing anyone.

No Caption Provided

Corvo is even able to complete the game without needing to use any of his powers besides Blink.

No Caption Provided

Corvo was suspected of being supernatural even before he gained his powers.

No Caption Provided

A guard describes Corvo taking on three men at once in the practice yard and even compares him to a whirlwind.

My other Respect Threads

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a few more things I need to add, and the next game and a canon novel are coming out soon. This will have more feats then. If people request it I will do a Respect Thread for Daud.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great thread, it makes me want to replay Dishonored again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

@lubub55:

Great Respect Thread. I value the effort you put into this. You should also try to scour some feats in the Dishonored tie-in comic which I think is already done (which also has a good story to boot based on reviews).

I think you can support Corvo's powers and some of his gear with game play videos just fine, but make sure to add some feats from cinematic footage, comic, or novel to give some weight to the game mechanics of the powers and gear if you think it is necessary.

But as for Physicals and Skill, you will probably need Cinematic Trailers and the Comics and Novels to REALLY support it. I think some of Corvo's Cinematic Melee Moves can be used. As for the enhancements the Bone Charms give, you need feats of Corvo doing something with proof that he was using that perk. But I think Corvo's natural physicals will be good enough.

If I may say a few things and suggestions...

I recommend you put spoiler tags per category (Powers, Origin, Lore, Gear, Skill, Physicals etc). to make the scrolling less time consuming for others and for those who want to see something specific more easily.

And again, if you are going to try to use game mechanics as legitimate feats, make sure to support it with cinematic footage, comic, and novel.

and if you can, find official images and gifs that support all the statements you said

POWERS

For Dark Vision, you could have put a gif from the game of and this scan to give a clearer image on how it works.

I think you already got the Blink powers just right. But it would not hurt to add a gif from this trailer at 1:11 or at 0:49.

Some gameplay and images from the comic showcasing the possession would be great. I can also recall that he person you possessed will vomit after you get out. You should show that to.

That Bend Time gif is nice. It is also good to know Corvo has some degree of bullet timing speed and reflexes by stopping time right after a few guards pulled their gun's triggers. I saw the trailer a few times, but never paid much attention to it. You should also add it to Corvo's Physicals Section.

A gif of Corvo summoning the rats can also be added with the gif of the rats swarming on the guards would be a nice way for people to know where the rats specifically come from.

As for WindBlast, I think you should also support the fact that it can send 2-3 men flying as well. And what it can do fully upgraded.

PHYSICALS/ENCHANCEMENTS

Okay...so when Corvo received the Outsider's Mark, not only did he get Supernatural Powers, but Enhanced Physicals from the start? It seems legitimate (reacting to bullets and surviving 4 story something falls cannot be replicated by a normal human in real life). But in comic book standards, he seems peek human level only.

Corvo surviving that 4 story something fall is great. It applies not only to his durability, but mostly his agility (rolling to cushion the impact) I believe.

What healing factor? Can you prove he has one in cinematic footage, scans, statements that say he heals faster than normal people and not just "Game Mechanics" because these days, the player has regenerative health.

The "Blood Thirsty" seems like a hyperbole to me I am afraid. Gifs, scans, or novel statements to support it?

You can probably easily prove how enhanced his Agility enhancement is through cinematic footage, comics, and novels.

The Shadow Kill seems pretty straight-forward and you can show a gif of how it works and people will accept it. Also...more of a power than a physical attribute...

GEAR

Sword seems okay. No other feats for it?

The gun as well. No showing of the explosive bullet?

Gifs, scans, or novel statements showing off the effects of each type of dart would be great.

I think that Corvo's showing of shooting those guards down at the throat should be on either Skill of Accuracy (if you are willing to make one) Section.

Gifs, scans, or novel statements presenting how far Corvo can zoom in with his mask. You can easily find gameplay footage of that.

The Silent Boot gear seems like pure game mechanics to me. But then again, I think there are comic book street levelers who are capable of running silently. I am not too sure with this one...

Gifs, scans, or novel statements presenting the Spring Razor's capabilities would be good to have.

At least how Gifs, scans, or novel statements presenting how Corvo uses the grenade and sticky grenade and it's effects would not hurt to add right?

SKILL

As for Corvo's skill, I agree with the most of the statements shown. You should also tell people who Harvey Smith (game designer and writer for Arkane Studios) for people who will be skeptical and too lazy to research.

I think Corvo only took down two guards in that gif...

Corvo killing a bunch of Whalers without his powers is part of the Dishonored story, so I agree it is legitimate.

Corvo defeating Daud...seems complicated for me.

In Corvo's playthrough, you can sneak away from Daud or fight him and wound him enough for him to Blink out and make a truce with you. But in Daud's DLC playthrough, Corvo and Daud fight, but Corvo simply disarms Daud, and that is when Daud gave up and began to talk to Corvo. But then again...you can say Corvo did best Daud by disarming him. Overall...I am not sure, but Corvo besting Daud in general seems to be cannon.

The "Ghost" and "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievements are the gamer's skill and not Corvo's, unless stated or shown in cannon that Corvo did go though the story under those conditions.

And as for things to add to solidify Corvo's skill, I think some of Corvo's cinematic melee fight movements and Gifs, scans, or novel statements will be a good.

These are just my thoughts on the current state of the Respect Thread. As Dishonored 2 and the tie-in novels are coming out soon, I hope you get motivated to refine this Respect Thread. And sorry if I seem to be asking for too much. And sorry for saying "Cinematic Footage, Comic, and Novels" too much if it got in your nerves.

Corvo is one of the greater gaming characters in my recent memory and inhabits such a rich and interesting universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: I've read the comics that are currently out and I've taken scans for feats. I'm going to wait for them all to come out and then do a re-release of this thread with comic feats, Dishonored 2 feats and novel feats.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

@ultimate_knight: I've read the comics that are currently out and I've taken scans for feats. I'm going to wait for them all to come out and then do a re-release of this thread with comic feats, Dishonored 2 feats and novel feats.

You are going to make a new thread eventually?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Alright. I hope you take into consideration some of the things I said if you find it helpful. I also think you should base the Respect Thread's template and organizing on SirFizzWhizz's Doomguy Respect Thread.