ComicVine: Top 100 Comic Book Superheroes.

• 112 results
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnr6Lil

This was done a few months ago on IGN, I would like to see ComicVine's version of it but better.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Superskrull86

Me too.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jnr6Lil

A podcast of it

TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheRedRobin

Yeah 

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil: @Superskrull86: @TheRedRobin

actually sounds like a pretty good idea.  of course, anyone on the site can create such a list (thats one of the quests on the site...to do a 100 or so item list). 

Perhaps a contest is in order...I mean we all have our favorite characters, so why don't we have a list-a-rama where we all do a list of 100 superheroes according to how we view them (like we all title a list "whatever-your-user-name-is's Top 100" and fill it with characters in order of what we like, and then after some list submissions we look at the lists and tally up votes for each character (thereby determining as a whole site what characters we like). It would be a very big venture if done, but it would be cool to see what other people liked (espeshelly given how diverse this site is and how many locations we originate from).

Then maybe G-man or the other CV crew could release the results...but thats just an idea which leapt into my head...
TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheRedRobin
@The Poet
Yeah thatd work but how would like the points work would you get like 100 points if u were first 99 if u were second and so on.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

Sure, why not. 

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost said:

I prefer lists of Top 100 Comic Book Characters, superheroes is too much of a niche if you're going to do 100 of them

Even better. 

BB

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@TheRedRobin: well, heres a revised idea (created when I wasn't not half asleep). How about we all create a list of 100 heroes. Each hero on the list would get one vote. After an allotted time has passed, all the nominations would be talleyed up and the heroes with the most votes would become CV's top 100 Comic Book superheroes.

that sound possible? I really like this idea...can someone Poetic host? (if no one objects)
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@aztek_the_lost: that true, but if we get some of the major players on this site like @Billy Batson: to help drum up suport and get some Staff members to help out this could work.

I agree this tallying way wouldn't really be entirely perfect, but i can't think of a way we could get a good 100 list that reflected the site's like of chracters otherwise...any body have a good idea?
TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By TheOptimist

I think that if you allow it some time to build, you could get plenty of participants. For instance, I've already got a top 100 for the two major companies and would just need a little time to order between the two and filter in the non-big two characters. It is always fun to see how a community turns out this sort of list.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm totally down for this. How can I help?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Gambit1024: at the moment i think we need to drum up seport for this venture. get people interested in this idea and have them start thinking about what their top 100 favorites would be...

then, we'll see...
IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IrishX

I know it's not exactly the same but didn't user Liberty already do this.... Top Heroes. Also here's the link to the thread where people voted... Vote.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@aztek_the_lost: yeah, it would be interesting to see what results we get. i agree CV isn't the biggest comunity, but I think maybe we can get an idea of what people like what...

@IrishX said:
I know it's not exactly the same but didn't user Liberty already do this.... Top Heroes.

hmm...didn't know that...of course if we did a top 100 the results might be slightly different
Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wattup

Batman.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Then make a podcast for Top 100 Comic Book Characters, but that would be too difficult given the so many times of heroes and villains.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@aztek_the_lost said:

@The Poet: well again, I say go for it if you want, but the problem with just going off of the opinions of a lot of people versus a select group that represents a huge diversity is the large group is going to select a lot of the same, and it'll just be a list of the 100 most popular characters...if you incorporate users that represent specific areas of comics, like someone who likes the Golden Age, someone who likes 90's Image, someone who likes non-superhero stuff, someone who likes all the mainstream stuff, someone who likes licensed properties, etc. the list holds more weight, at least IMO

Yes, the people who runt the PodCasts can be the like the IGN People who govern the top 100 lists.
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@aztek_the_lost: hmm...thats not a bad idea. so you think we just need 100 different volunteers who say they like one type of comics (like Disney, DC, Marvel, etc.?)
TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheRedRobin
@The Poet
I'm down with u hosting it. though the only problem with being on the list getting one vote someone who barely gets on a list gets the same vote as someone at the very top. Plus Batman and Superman will be on the list same amount of times. so they could be near even.
TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheRedRobin

But I also think all characters should be considered
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@aztek_the_lost: oh, that seems more workable (i was fearful of the idea of talleying several hundred characters...). So, you think I should just locate the top 20 fans of different publishers (like Vertigo...*Cough*) and then do something like one of those Round table-like conversations (without posting all the talk of course) to determine which character should get which place?

@TheRedRobin: thanks. well, the idea looks like its changing slightly (see Aztek's suggestions)
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gambit1024

I think it should be heroes and villains. Because if it's all characters, you'd have to take characters like Lois Lane, MJ, Foggy Nelson, J. Jonah Jameson, Alfred ,etc. (characters I adore) into consideration

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Gambit1024: well, the only reason i would say we should stay with just superheroes for right now is the 20 contestants (i think that would be easier than just a full out site list for right now) would only have 5 choices of characters to nominate. there are so many characters in comics that it might be hard to decide which to nominate.

if this works well we might be able to do a similar list for Sidekicks, non-super characters, love interests, villains, and others, but it really depends how this first one goes. So, how about we do a test one before we expand to other sets of characters....
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit1024
@The Poet: Sounds good. So how do we go about doing the test one? 
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@The Poet: well again, I say go for it if you want, but the problem with just going off of the opinions of a lot of people versus a select group that represents a huge diversity is the large group is going to select a lot of the same, and it'll just be a list of the 100 most popular characters...if you incorporate users that represent specific areas of comics, like someone who likes the Golden Age, someone who likes 90's Image, someone who likes non-superhero stuff, someone who likes all the mainstream stuff, someone who likes licensed properties, etc. the list holds more weight, at least IMO

Yes, the people who runt the PodCasts can be the like the IGN People who govern the top 100 lists.

the CV staff isn't diverse enough for what I was thinking, first of all, there's only two of them...and second of all, the two of them pretty much read the same comics, even if they're feelings on them are different at times, it's still the same stuff they're being subjected to

Two? Who? G-Man and Babs? what about the others? 

BB

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
@Gambit1024: what I'm thinking is that we should start looking around the site. like we find like an image comics fan, a dark horse comic fan, a vertigo fan (I'm hoping we can get @aztek_the_lost: for that role, but that depends on him). you know, sort represenatives for some of the publishers.
of course, we might get a few Mavel/DC represenatives given that those publishers are such major players in the realm of comics. For Marvel, we would get like a x-men fan, you know sort of the different aspects of what a publisher has.

or thats what I'm thinking we should do...
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost:  

What about inferiorego? 

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost:

What about inferiorego?

BB

oh yeah...him...but he doesn't take part in podcasts, but okay, he adds some diversity to the mix but that's still just three people, not what I was thinking

Couldn't they just invite him? Yeah, I know, just wanted to point that out :p 

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost:

What about inferiorego?

BB

oh yeah...him...but he doesn't take part in podcasts, but okay, he adds some diversity to the mix but that's still just three people, not what I was thinking

BB

I think he's been on over Skype before or something...maybe they don't really like him?

Who does? 

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Billy Batson
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@aztek_the_lost:

What about inferiorego?

BB

BB

I think he's been on over Skype before or something...maybe they don't really like him?

Who does?

BB

your mom?

No Caption Provided

BB

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jnr6Lil
@Billy Batson said:
@aztek_the_lost said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

the CV staff isn't diverse enough for what I was thinking, first of all, there's only two of them...and second of all, the two of them pretty much read the same comics, even if they're feelings on them are different at times, it's still the same stuff they're being subjected to

Two? Who? G-Man and Babs? what about the others? 

BB

I think there's more
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jhazzroucher

We should name the list as Top 100 Most -loved Comic Characters  so comicvine members can list down their favorites. 

not most popular because it becomes technical, we would need to provide reasons why  you put the character #1

anyway, we can start with 3 different threads, 1 thread for fave 15 marvel characters  , 1 for fave 15 DC and 1 for fave 15 for other comics.

each comicvine member must give a complete list for his/her fave 15 DC characters, fave 15 marvel characters and fave 15 characters from other comics like image, amalgam, etc or else the incomplete list will not be counted

alternate versions are not counted so that means for marvel, we only count characters who are in 616. I don't know about DC though and other comic companies.

Then after we get the top 50 characters results for each thread, we create just one more thread listing down the top 50 for each category for a total of 150.

and that's the final round wherein comicvine members have to list down their fave 50 among the 150 characters.

and yes points are counted like if you're giving your top 15.
1 = 15 points
2 = 14 pts
3= 13 points, etc

so if you're listing top 50 then 1 = 50 pts

how about that?

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By cody1984

@jhazzroucher said:

we only count characters who are in 616.

Why? Some people prefer marvel characters set in alternate worlds I know I prefer Nick Fury in Ultimate and MAX way more than the 616 version. If you ask Punisher fans what are their favorite stories the majority of them will be from the MAX imprint. Which would become important since the Punisher would have a good shot at making a top 100 list especially if it was broken down by category Superhero, Villain, Antihero, etc.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jhazzroucher
@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Why? Some people prefer marvel characters set in alternate worlds I know I prefer Nick Fury in Ultimate and MAX way more than the 616 version. If you ask Punisher fans what are their favorite stories the majority of them will be from the MAX imprint. Which would become important since the Punisher would have a good shot at making a top 100 list especially if it was broken down by category Superhero, Villain, Antihero, etc.

If you like Ultimate Nick Fury, then putting Nick Fury in the list means you've still voted for 616 Nick Fury , Ultimate Nick Fury and other alternate versions of Nick Fury.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cody1984

@jhazzroucher said:

@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

If you like Ultimate Nick Fury, then putting Nick Fury in the list means you've still voted for 616 Nick Fury , Ultimate Nick Fury and other alternate versions of Nick Fury.

Not necessarily. Some people only like the alternate universe of characters and not the 616 version of characters. For example I like Ultimate Hawkeye but I don't like 616 Hawkeye.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jhazzroucher
@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Not necessarily. Some people only like the alternate universe of characters and not the 616 version of characters. For example I like Ultimate Hawkeye but I don't like 616 Hawkeye.

Hawkeye will represent all Hawkeye versions. I know it really matters to you but perhaps that can be done on a separate thread like we make a poll on off-topic for "Which Nick Fury" version is your favorite?" something like that.

People don't want to see a list of 15 different versions of Spider-man. 

But, i could consider your opinion since it's about who your favorite characters are.

Ok. i'm fine with alternate versions. I;m not sure if the committee who will start this project will.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cody1984

@jhazzroucher said:

@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@cody1984 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Hawkeye will represent all Hawkeye versions. I know it really matters to you but perhaps that can be done on a separate thread like we make a poll on off-topic for "Which Nick Fury" version is your favorite?" something like that. People don't want to see a list of 15 different versions of Spider-man. But, i could consider your opinion since it's about who your favorite characters are. Ok. i'm fine with alternate versions. I;m not sure if the committee who will start this project will.

Having a separate poll could work just stating that people like the alternative version of some characters much better then the main universe version. I do get your point about not having one character dominate the entire poll I could see that for characters like wolverine, spiderman, and batman. Also I doubt any committee would work on this if anyone bothers to try and do so. The reason being is it would take several people working together and quite a bit of time.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Wanted to annouce The Poet's plan is going to be set in motion. the following is my plan, which i need people for:

• I need 20 different users. each will represent a their favorite publisher (like Aztek has agreed to represent Vertigo). Dc and Marvel (being major publishers) will each have 2 represeatives (ex: one for x-men and one for the avenger-type characters)
  • each of the 20 will nominate 8 different characters (preferably Heroes). It doesn't matter if the characters are of their favorite publisher or not
  • then, I will take those 160 nominations and the 20 will discuss which ones should be on the list and which should not be
  • Following that, the 20 will write reasons why they think their character should be on the list and I will post those on the comment section of the 100 list

Thats where the community comes in. I will post the list and users and look over it. Each user can request a character to be moved up or down on the list, depending on how they feel about a character. they can do this only once and such a move would only be up or down ONE position. If say you don't like Batman (is there any people like that?) and he's on the bottem of the list, you can't just request for him to be moved to the hundredth position. you can only move a chracter up or down one position.

After a week has passed, the blog where all requests are submitted will locked and the results (at least for this year) will be used to create a list.

Users who have volunteered to be part of the 20:

if you don't see a publisher you like (and you want to participate) please mention it and you can be part of the 20. Please keep in mind this will only have 20 users. I'm sorry if your favorite is taken, but please don't complain to me...

Publisher: User Rep
DC:The Dark Huntress
DC: Primmaster64
Marvel (x-men): Blue Beetle is Blue
Marvel (Avengers):Gambit1024
Image:
Vertigo:Aztek The Lost
Rebellion (Judge Dredd?)???:
Dark Horse:
Top Cow:
Disney: Billy Batson
IDW: