Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By JoeEddie

@zombietag said:

@JoeEddie said:

@zombietag said:

Okay, don't laugh. I just started collecting again. Will update again when my collection is larger

birth of venom is the first trade i bought when i started getting into comics again :)

That's awesome. It was the first trade that I bought as well. In my original collection as a kid, I had every Venom appearance from the 80's to the early 90's. I was disappointed to learn that birth of Venom did not contain Amazing Spider-Man ( Vol.1) #347 http://www.comicvine.com/the-amazing-spider-man-the-boneyard-hop/37-34192/ That issue would have been a great addition to the trade with Brock believing Spidey was dead.

i own those issues individually. yeah, the trade is great but i think it focuses a little bit too much on spidey in the black suit instead of eddie brock AS venom. those are great stories too, but i bought it to read about venom you know :/

Yeah, I agree. I read that the trade was put together to go along with the release of Spider- Man 3. Probably why there are so many issue's with Parker with the symbiote instead of Brock.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By blazinasian112

@thanosrules: Awesome set up and collection...one of the best I have seen. The Duck Hunt gun and Xmen arcade game put it over the top, not to mention the awesome Surfer statue. Good job!

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By JoeEddie

@BradyDale said:

Just a photo? How about a video of me shuffling around my bajillions of comics in their boxes?

Why are you selling them?

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#154  Edited By JairamGanpat

@JoeEddie:

I like the AP review book on the bottom. Best read EVER LMAO

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#155  Edited By thanosrules

@thanosrules said:

UPDATE (09/11/2012) - Two new photos of some rearranging and addition of some original art:

Information/Credits on the art:

Behind the Life-Size Silver Surfer:

Above the couch below the Silver Surfer collage:

enJOY!

Updated!

Mizz_Coconut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Mizz_Coconut

Just to say, there are some SEXY photos on here haha 
Heres my collection, couple shelves couple boxes, standard
minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By minigunman123

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Funrush said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Omega Ray Jay said:

@Glitch_Spawn: Impressive, most impressive.

Thanks dude! I have the freebie version of it that was given away at the premiere of The Punisher flick in 2004 also! So I can read it when I want to. Even opening the real one makes my hands sweaty.

Have you opened it and read it to see if the interior wasn't damaged or anything?

Well of course I read it how could you not? I just don't very often because it's really important to me and even taking it out of the case makes me nervous lol

Is it a super valuable comic or something? It looked pretty generic to me >.>

For me, here's my feeble collection, featuring my small box of ~110 issues, each of my 5 graphic novels close up, and the king of my collection, Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spiderman, issue 1 (which is in horrible condition; whoever the HELL wrote on the book needs to god damn DIE.)

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158  Edited By Funrush

@minigunman123 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Funrush said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Thanks dude! I have the freebie version of it that was given away at the premiere of The Punisher flick in 2004 also! So I can read it when I want to. Even opening the real one makes my hands sweaty.

Have you opened it and read it to see if the interior wasn't damaged or anything?

Well of course I read it how could you not? I just don't very often because it's really important to me and even taking it out of the case makes me nervous lol

For me, here's my feeble collection, featuring my small box of ~110 issues, each of my 5 graphic novels close up, and the king of my collection, Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spiderman, issue 1 (which is in horrible condition; whoever the HELL wrote on the book needs to god damn DIE.)

It's the first appearance of the Punisher.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By minigunman123

@Funrush said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Funrush said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Omega Ray Jay said:

It's the first appearance of the Punisher.

Oh, man, that IS cool!

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Funrush

Why has this topic been unstickied?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Funrush said:

Why has this topic been unstickied?

Yeah wtf

No wonder I couldn't find it!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#163  Edited By YoungJustice

bump

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Funrush

It's stickied again.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By Decept-O

@nszerdy: Just saw this thread. Man...great quality comic collection for starters and I really love how you have them displayed. Now that's the way to do it. Impressive!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By Loki9876

I almost only buy tpb.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#167  Edited By Queso6p4

Glad to see this thread is still going. There have been some pretty sweet additions as well.

@Loki9876: Love the LBP figure in front. Lol. I've recently started going crazy on amazon with buying trades, hardcovers, and the like. I need to stop. XD

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Catsnlynne

I have a long way to go before I have a huge collection, but here is what I have so far. 
Earth 2: Issues # 2,3,4 
Green Arrow: Issues # 3,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 
Savage Hawkman: Issues # 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 
Flash: Issues # 7,8,9,10,11,12 
Captain Atom: Issue # 3 (bought it because Flash was in it)
Justice League: Issue # 8 (bought it because Green Arrow was on the cover) 
The New 52 (Free) 
Green Lantern / Young Justice (Free) 
Superman Family Adventures (Free) 
History of the Marvel Universe 
Avengers Assemble # 1 
The Avengers Age of Ultron (Free) 
Spider-Man Season One (Free) 

I didn't step into a comic book store until I went to Free Comic Book Day this past May. There was so many comic books to choose from. Totally overwhellming, but I loved it and each month I can't wait to go back.
minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By minigunman123

@Catsnlynne said:

I have a long way to go before I have a huge collection, but here is what I have so far. Earth 2: Issues # 2,3,4 Green Arrow: Issues # 3,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 Savage Hawkman: Issues # 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 Flash: Issues # 7,8,9,10,11,12 Captain Atom: Issue # 3 (bought it because Flash was in it)Justice League: Issue # 8 (bought it because Green Arrow was on the cover) The New 52 (Free) Green Lantern / Young Justice (Free) Superman Family Adventures (Free) History of the Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble # 1 The Avengers Age of Ultron (Free) Spider-Man Season One (Free) I didn't step into a comic book store until I went to Free Comic Book Day this past May. There was so many comic books to choose from. Totally overwhellming, but I loved it and each month I can't wait to go back.

Yeah, I started seriously collecting them when FCBD came around this year as well. Before that, my first actual comic book besides Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes, was Teen Titans issue 1 from the New 52, in January. Ahhh sweet memories <3

Anyway.

I have a comic collecting question for this thread!

Are variant covers of modern comics ever going to be valuable? I'm looking for some variant covers of comics I love from the New 52 but I'm not sure if it's a good idea/investment. If it's a waste of money to get them, I'm not so sure I'll be interested in getting them; a lot of money for just a different cover...

EDIT: Wow, my 1,000th post! Sweet!

jaydropout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#170  Edited By jaydropout

Dived head first back to comics about a month ago.. Started off innocently with a few Batman trades. But things really went crazy after Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Beat around the bush here and there and finally came around to Spidey ( always come around to Spidey ). Here's my little collection with some of my favorites.

Lets start with the trades...
Lets start with the trades...
After reading the 1985 trade (I really really love this story), the cover art so damn beautiful that I had to get the single issues. I obsessively descended further in to the cave.
After reading the 1985 trade (I really really love this story), the cover art so damn beautiful that I had to get the single issues. I obsessively descended further in to the cave.
My Single issues. Just a small ikea box - nicely holds ~100 issues.
My Single issues. Just a small ikea box - nicely holds ~100 issues.
What I really love more that anything else are gorgeous covers, and I'm a sucker for one's like these.
What I really love more that anything else are gorgeous covers, and I'm a sucker for one's like these.
I love how MJ looks on this cover..
I love how MJ looks on this cover..
This one is so damn cute ( and nicely illustrated ). When I first saw this online, I thought it was fan art! No way would Daredevil be making snow angels!
This one is so damn cute ( and nicely illustrated ). When I first saw this online, I thought it was fan art! No way would Daredevil be making snow angels!
I loved this when it first ran on the backpages, I'd read it first before the main story, love Marcos' panels. I never knew it came out as a single collected issue! Went batshit crazy when I saw this at the back issue lot at the LCS!
I loved this when it first ran on the backpages, I'd read it first before the main story, love Marcos' panels. I never knew it came out as a single collected issue! Went batshit crazy when I saw this at the back issue lot at the LCS!
I love Marcos Martin's work! I love his amazing panels and the covers he does for Spidey. A few of my favorites below:
I love Marcos Martin's work! I love his amazing panels and the covers he does for Spidey. A few of my favorites below:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
These babies came in yesterday, like I said, I'm a sucker for nicely illustrated covers! :D and Pinups! :D
These babies came in yesterday, like I said, I'm a sucker for nicely illustrated covers! :D and Pinups! :D
And finally my most prized issue, Amazing Spider-Man 275. Might not be worth much, but its real special to me - It came out on the day I was born. :)
And finally my most prized issue, Amazing Spider-Man 275. Might not be worth much, but its real special to me - It came out on the day I was born. :)
umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#171  Edited By umbrafeline

itd take me forever to scan and post all the comics i have

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#172  Edited By Queso6p4

@Catsnlynne: Totally understand. When I first stepped back in in '08 after being out for more than 10 years I had no idea to start so I went for what I read before-Batman and X-Men. Truth be told, I've only recently been able to better navigate this wonderful worlds, and only by a little bit.

@minigunman123: To keep it short, no. Back in the 90s they were actually rare but now they're a dime a dozen. If you can get a hold of ones that are really rare and get them CGC'ed you might have something there. Then again, I'm not sure how the digital age of comics will affect collectability of physical ones. I did manage to sell a Justice League #12 b//w variant for $117 but it cost me $90 so I din't profit too much off of it.

@jaydropout: Very nice pictures there! MJ does look very happy. Those ASM covers are gorgeous to behold. XD

Recently, I've been rediscovering the joy of hardcovers as I bought Incognito: The Classified Edition, Chew: Omnivore Editions 1-2, Locke & Key Vol. 3-5, 100 Bullets: Deluxe Edition, and Y: The Last Man Vol. 1 Deluxe edition off of amazon. I've been having a field day with these wonderful works.

mcclellanscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By mcclellanscott
No Caption Provided

These are all of my DC trade collections and graphic novels.

No Caption Provided

My Marvel trades

No Caption Provided

Two long boxes under these books

No Caption Provided

And here are the rest.

Dreamcast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Dreamcast89

How does one collect trades? Their nothing but glorified graphic novels not comics.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Funrush

@Dreamcast89 said:

How does one collect trades? Their nothing but glorified graphic novels not comics.

But... they are comics... just in graphic novel form.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By JoeEddie

@Dreamcast89:

Graphic novels are comics. They just have better binding. I bought the single issue Batman #0 and it is so flimsy that it is not holding up.

Dreamcast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Dreamcast89

But trades are moronic. You can't say 50 years from now wow he has an issue #1 of "insert trade." Comic book collecting is characterized as the collection of actual comic books and their rare counterparts which usually get graded to define value.

Dreamcast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Dreamcast89

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Dreamcast89 said:

But trades are moronic. You can't say 50 years from now wow he has an issue #1 of "insert trade." Comic book collecting is characterized as the collection of actual comic books and their rare counterparts which usually get graded to define value.

You sound like a speculator. Trades serve so many purposes. They save space, cost less, are easier to pull out and read and sometimes have cool bonus art and inserts. I love single issues don't get me wrong but I have a ton of trades. How else would someone afford all those old Supes and Batman issues if they just wanted to read them?

moronic was a bit harsh I agree. Go on ebay or atomic avenue to purchase the old issues. But trades certainly help kill collecting.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By JoeEddie

@Dreamcast89:

I guess I am not a collector then. I just buy trades so I can read them.

Dreamcast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Dreamcast89

@JoeEddie said:

@Dreamcast89:

I guess I am not a collector then. I just buy trades so I can read them.

Makes sense if you're not really interested in collecting and just want the story. I'd bet that most people who buy trades are into digital comics as well. Which is why I'm confused people keep posting pics of trades in a thread about comic book collecting.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By JoeEddie

@Dreamcast89:

No, I am against digital comics. I want a physical copy that I can hold in my hands. As far as I can tell, when you buy a trade, you are not given a digital code to download it. However, my single issue of Batman #0 does contain a code which I have not used.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By RoboShark

My ex doesn't read comics, but when she left she wiped out my collection. I only have 2 Brubaker Daredevil collections now.

Dreamcast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Dreamcast89

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JoeEddie said:

@Dreamcast89:

No, I am against digital comics. I want a physical copy that I can hold in my hands. As far as I can tell, when you buy a trade, you are not given a digital code to download it. However, my single issue of Batman #0 does contain a code which I have not used.

Once again digital copies serve really good purposes.

No they don't. They encourage less story and depth for more colorful pictures and artwork. You also don't own a digital comic. Keep in mind digital comics only help in killing small businesses like comic shops which are few in numbers already.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#188  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@thanosrules said:

Okay, here goes...

Some of you may have seen my previous pictures (here), since then, my collection has grown a bit... and I just had a chance to re-organize and take new pictures!

NOTE: Ten of these images are also posted here (my blog @thanosrules) which has a pretty decent viewer - it kinda makes it feel like you are spinning around the room... tumblr only allows for 10 images per gallery upload though. Here, I was able to add all 12 images...

UPDATE (09/11/2012) - Two new photos of some rearranging and addition of some original art:

Information/Credits on the art:

Behind the Life-Size Silver Surfer:

Above the couch below the Silver Surfer collage:

enJOY!

I thought I had a biggish collection but yours makes mine look like an ant.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By JoeEddie

Thread is really going off topic.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#193  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Here's the first set of my comic collection:

No Caption Provided
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#195  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Rabbitearsblog:Killing Joke, good call!

Thanks! :D
IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#196  Edited By IrishX

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#197  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@IrishX: awsome collection!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#198  Edited By IrishX
@The Poet: Thanks mate.
zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#199  Edited By zombietag

@IrishX said:

seems like those drawers on the boxes would break, how do they hold up? can you pull them all the way out?

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#200  Edited By JairamGanpat
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided