• 71 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It’s been a pretty great year in comics. We’ve seen a lot of cool things. We’ve already gone through our favorite things along with your thoughts on favorite comic book TV shows and movies. As we sit here on the eve of the New Year, its also fun to look ahead. What could we possibly see and expect in the new year to top this one?

No Caption Provided

Obviously there will be plenty more big surprises and developments in 2015 that will catch us off guard. These are just a few things that immediately come to mind.

Marvel Star Wars Comics

No Caption Provided

Dark Horse did a spectacular job with the Star Wars license. There’s no denying that. My only problem with them is the lack of consistency. Some comics were really good and others fell a little flat. There were times you simply weren’t sure what you were going to get, despite the Star Wars name being attached. While it is unfortunate that Dark Horse will no longer be producing Star Wars comics, there is something exciting about seeing them return to where they first began, at Marvel.

With Jason Aaron and John Cassaday on STAR WARS, Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larroca on DARTH VADER, and Mark Waid and Terry Dodson on PRINCESS LEIA, it’s obvious Marvel is putting some of their big names on the books. Marvel and Star Wars are both owned by Disney so there is more of a feeling of it all being connected as well. Like it or not, Disney is in charge of the franchise now. The teaser trailer was exciting. They aren’t going to want to release just anything that could tarnish the name. Even though the comics so far seem to be locked into the time period between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back (just like Brian Wood’s wonderful STAR WARS comic at Dark Horse), there’s something about it all that really gets us excited.

Batman Post-Endgame

No Caption Provided

When it comes to Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo on BATMAN, we always ask, what’s next? How can they top this story? They appear to be going all out on Endgame. Scott’s already made some teasing comments on Twitter about what’s next:

He goes on to say:

“It’s like an internal joke that I ALWAYS say after THIS arc, I’ll take my foot off the gas a bit, do small stories. But then I have an idea for something bigger and out there and personal and risky and…I WILL do small mysteries at some point before leaving Gotham. Even if it’s my own little thing. But when Greg and I have an idea that’s something felt and bold that we haven’t seen before…just have to try….Just a heads up, Endgame doesn’t close with a bow. Not a quiet ending. It opens things for bigger craziness. Other thing - I know it sounds corny, but it’s true: Greg & I will never hype shit to you falsely for DC or anyone. If we say crazy, it is.”

What could be crazier that Joker returning along with the other revelations we just saw in issue #37? There really is no telling but it’ll be a long wait as we go through the Convergence months at DC.

Marvel Secret Wars

No Caption Provided

Thestrange coincidence is Marvel and DC are kind of doing similar ideas. We’ve strangely seen this happen before. Who came up with the concept first? Who cares? With Jonathan Hickman behind SECRET WARS, we know it’s going to be a crazy ride. On a personal note, I absolutely loved MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS.

While this will be a big event (yes, another event), in the Marvel Universe, it’s not meant to take the place of every single title begin published. This will involve many characters along with different versions of the ones we’re currently reading, but it will be it’s own thing. There may be repercussions that spill into other books but it feels like there will be more cohesion in the story. Plus if we get the Beyonder back as he should be (not the mutated Inhuman idea we saw years later), I couldn’t ask for more.

DC Universe Post-Convergence

No Caption Provided

We mentioned Convergence earlier at DC. We’re going to see some cool and crazy things during those two months. We’ll admit, we are skeptical over it all. There will be some interesting creative teams and characters returning but we’re not quite sure how it will all go or how excited we should get.

What we are curious about is what happens AFTER? We know seventeen books are ending in March, right before Convergence. It’s safe to assume DC will be launching or re-launching new titles to make up for the cancellations and endings. Will we see more books from the Green Lantern corner? Will we see any of the other/older version characters somehow find their way in the New 52 universe? Will this change what we know of the New 52 or will everything return to normal in a nice and neat fashion? There’s a lot we don’t know and it’ll be a few months until the June Solicits are released.

Image Expo and New Image Books

No Caption Provided

On January 8, Image Comics will be holding another Image Expo in San Francisco. Each time they have one, we get the announcements on several new creator-owned books by some of the industries top creators. Already announced to attend are Brian K. Vaughan, Todd McFarlane, Scott Snyder, Emi Lenox, Jeff Lemire, and Marjorie Liu. It’s not clear if all they are all announcing new books but there will also be other “surprise guests” there. It was also announced that Emma Rios, Brandon Graham, and James Robinson will be attending.

Even if all the creators in attendance aren’t announcing new books (some were announced last year and are due to come out in 2015), it’s going to be an exciting time having all these great creators in such a small venue.

Archie Meets Predator/Mark Waid & Fiona Staples on ARCHIE/Dark Circle Comics

No Caption Provided

Archie Comics has been doing some cool things in 2014. We’ve been loving AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE. We’re hoping to get more on some sort of a regular schedule. As if Archie and zombies wasn’t crazy enough, we found out Archie and the gang would be mixing it up with the Predators. The ARCHIE series is being relaunched with Mark Waid and Fiona Staples as the first creative team. Red Circle Comics is being relaunched as Dark Circle Comics. Many still have a certain perception on Archie Comics but it’s clearly time to change what you think you know about the publisher.

Honorable Mentions:

• Brian Buccellato on INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US. Tom Taylor has done a great job on the franchise. It'll be interesting to see what Buccellato has planned.
  • New Marvel titles. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ANT-MAN, ALL-NEW HAWKEYE, SPIDER-GWEN, SPIDER-WOMAN (in her new costume), HOWARD THE DUCK, and the weekly WOLVERINES series.
  • X-O MANOWAR: DEAD HAND. This is the first full-on cosmic storyline for the series.

There's bound to be loads more this year. We still have a bunch of great series from 2014. Let us know what you're looking forward to in 2015 besides finally getting a working hoverboard.

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Shouldn't it be "in 2015"...?

sweetp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sweetp

I'm excited to see where they take Damian Wayne, after him being dead for nearly a year and coming back. I also am excited to see what they do with Talia, and to finally just get back to having a real Batman & Robin book.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lol, I too can't wait for 2014

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jenkale

what darthstorm said. don't know all that's coming out but would be happy for whenever Sabrina comes back man.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By WheatStalker

@darthstorm said:

Shouldn't it be "in 2015"...?

Some of us enjoy the past. I live every day like it's 1999.

Also, I agree, Star Wars will be my go-to for the new year ... whichever one that may be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

The end of multiversity.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think we were sent one year back in time guys...

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Really looking forward to Spider-Gwen!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm interested in what Secret Wars and Convergence have to offer.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight Club 2 !!!

written by Chuck Palahniuk and published by Dark Horse. 10 issue maxi-series due out in April!

One of my favorite writers, should be interesting to see what he has in store for us with the sequel, especially in comic format.

More info here

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By longbowhunter

Really excited for all of Jeff Lemire's projects next year.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited for post Godhead Green Lantern comics.

The finish of Spider-verse.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Image Expo is what I'm most excited for since I'm dropping all my Marvel/DC titles.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scavengerFist

Tell me if I'm wrong, is Annihilation included in Secret Wars? I wish they'd bring Rich Rider back.

And... Spider-Gwen!

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spideyfan3160

I'm exicited for Spawn by Brian wood

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Man, Archie has the weirdest crossovers

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long is Endgame? When does it end?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

Multiversity for me.

How long is Endgame? When does it end?

March.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looking forward to Convergence.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looking forward to Secret Wars the most. I can't wait to seethe culmination of everything Hickman's been doing in his Avengers/New Avengers run

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I'd be excited about the new Star Wars comic but, given who's writing it, I now have reservations. Oh well at least Darth Vader comes out in February.

As for Secret Wars. It had better be nothing short of spectacular because as far as I'm concerned, what Marvel has done so far (barring a few notable exceptions such as All-New GR, Thanos vs. Hulk, and Spider-Verse) has been one big unholy failstorm after another.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By longbowhunter

@longbowhunter: Dat Hawkeye cover.

I love how the shadow forms an arrowhead. Checkout this awesome unused variant Jeff Lemire did.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait wait wait....Archie and Predator? Sold!

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: yeah that's pretty sick. I don't actually read Hawkeye but every cover I've seen on this site in essential comic articles and stuff has been incredible. I really thought the artist was a sure winner in 'Comic Vine's Favorites of 2014's Best Cover Artist.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see what's to come in Batman post Endgame, the Lantern books post Godhead and, Batman and Robin post Robin Rises.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Let's see... All-New Hawkeye, Bloodshot Reborn, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and of course, Ninjak. When those last two were announced on the same day, it felt like my birthday two months early.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidenote re: Star Wars comic: It's too bad that it turns out the Jedi used to wear desert pajamas. I always liked Luke's useful black tunic and robe set, and thought that made a much better uniform.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so excited to read Star Wars first Graphic Novel

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Image and the Star Wars stuff for me. Archie too.

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Multiversity, specially Ultra comics.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Lvenger

Looking forward to Multiversity, TMNT's Technodrome storyline and C.O.W.L's status quo changes most myself.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for Star Wars! Also @g_man you forgot Kanan: The Last Padawan.

Really excited about Valiant too (especially Ninjak).

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MAZAHS117  Online

At this point, just looking foward to the fallout of Secret Wars and Convergence really

Psycho_Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh, no more Batman please!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Can't wait for Secret Wars and very excited about Star Wars :)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 owie  Moderator

Excited for a Kieron Gillen Darth Vader. And as a fellow lover of the original Secret Wars and original Beyonder, I am staying optimistic that they can bring in the new Secret Wars in an exciting way. And since Molecule Man seems tied into it (through New Avengers), and Hickman is the writer, I'm even more hopeful that maybe we'll see a re-re-retcon of both him and Beyonder into something respectable once again. When it comes to Batman, I keep thinking to myself, "well this arc has been great, but the next one can't be so good, so maybe I'll drop it when this is over." And the next arc is just as amazing. I can only expect the same is true again.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for Convergence/Secret Wars and the new Valiant Ninjak series, Batman, Moon Knight, Hawkeye and the Image expo

@thor_ul said:

Multiversity, especially Ultra comics.

Also this!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By SoA

everything except marvel star wars im looking forward to.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LaryKing

Am i the only one who thinks Luke Skywalker ressembles Cyclops from Astonishing X-men(whedon's astonishing x-men)?

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hawkguy

Two words:

Darkseid War

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Books I have big interest in:

-Mortal Kombat X(M rated) How is this not mentioned?! Know how long it's been since we got an MK comic or big video game series!?

-Batman Arkham Knight comic(again cause it's dark and based off the badass game)

-DC's Convergence(for obvious reasons, plus multiverse stories are always fun) not M rated but will be dark as it's DC's thing now.

-Darkseid War(I don't know if this will mingle with the Convergence or not probably)

-Fables: Wolf Among Us comics (M rated)

-Secret Wars(due to Multiverse gig) the one event I care about with Marvel coming...and please NO Beyonder crap this time.

Seriously, people actually care about archie or Valiant/ MOW?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ninjak and Convergence. I can't wait!!!!!!!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#50  Edited By Outside_85

Excited for:

• New year of Teen Titans
  • Hope that JLD gets back to Earth sometime during the year.
  • Hope that Earth-2 is put out of it's misery
  • Hope that a new team takes over WW sooner than later.

Not excited for:

• Darkseid War, which is just going just be more of Johns' pointless and disruptive nonsense
  • Broken record Scott Snyder where everything is the craziest and coolest thing ever before it begins... but turns out to be damp cloth when it's over.
  • More general worshiping at the Bat-alter by far too many people.