Comic Book Question of the Week: Who Do You Want in 'Man of Steel 2?'

• 148 results
SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thing about Bizarro is that he would be redundant as well.

wade_wilson22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By wade_wilson22

@beserkerfury: I want to see Dr. Emil Hamilton alive and explain how he survived crashing into the kryptonian ship and escaped being sucked into the phantom zone.

Also how much does Lois Lane really weigh? Since she managed to escape the gravitational pull of the phantom zone while half ton vehicles and slabs of concrete are sucked up into it.

http://marveldcforum.com/index.php?topic=554.0

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

if they are staying with a Krypton theme it might be nice to see Brainiac or Doomsday

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, they kinda missed the mark to introduce Brainiac. He should have been an A.I being from Krypton.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106  Edited By aquahawk

@johnreid5895: Trust me. I wouldn't be on board with Darkseid, either. Maybe Doomsday in a third movie, but not Darkeid. I don't know, though.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

You know, they kinda missed the mark to introduce Brainiac. He should have been an A.I being from Krypton.

?????????????????

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MuyJingo

I'd also like for Christopher Nolan to have more influence in the directing and writing.

Ugh. Please, no. Thankfully, he has said he will be far less involved in the next one. Hopefully Goyer will be less involved as well.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: The beginning would have been perfect to introduce Brainiac.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The villain should be another person from Krypton in my opinion. Maybe use Braniac, with his backstory being an A.I. from Krypton. Also, Doomsday might be a good idea, though more like his animated counterpart, rather than his comic book counterpart. Maybe Metallo might be a good one.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would love to see a Luthor controlled Majestic in a possible 3rd movie. It could really be a spectacular moment, where Luthor uses a line like "You thought you were the only one?"

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

I'd like to see Superman in the next Man of Steel.

He sure as Hell wasn't in the first one.

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe parasite

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@muyjingo: The beginning would have been perfect to introduce Brainiac.

Why would you change Brainiac to a Kryptonian AI?

mark15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul wearing a yellow ring, then gets a little help from a new GL, not ryan reynolds, but I'd rather see Luthor creating a villain in the first half and then fighting Supes in the green power suit as the final battle

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: So it can be something like Superman TAS?

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Man of Steel was supposed to be similar to Superman : Earth One Vol 1. Then I sure as hell would love to see something similar to Vol 2 with The Parasite and maybe alittle of Luthor thrown in. Would be awesome if Luthor is the one who has a hand in creating The Parasite and decides to unleash it upon Kal-El.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@muyjingo: So it can be something like Superman TAS?

I thought Brainiac was still a different alien on Superman TAS...never watched all of that show though

VivDig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm... I would like to see Darksied (or he could be in the Justice League movie, if they ever make one), H'el or Bizzaro... Or maybe all of them in one movie would be pretty cool...

Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the whole metallo and lex luthor idea, we can have the military still not trusting superman, and lex luthor offers to do research on kryptonians to discover their weakness to kryptonite or even better he does research on their technology and actually creates krptonite, then metallo was a former soldier in the military who had his family killed, caused by superman, he undergoes a kind of "super soldier" experiment for lex to battle superman

I love brainiac, hes my favorite superman villain, but honestly I want him to be the villain for justice league, I like darkseid but I think its too early to have him in justice league, its too big in my opinion, in man of steel 2 they could leave subtle hints to brainiac or have a secret ending at the end of man of steel 2, the flash movie, wonder woman movie, aqauman etc, each solo movie builds up to brainiac coming to earth to "collect it" and then he finally appears in justice league

Avatar image for beaniemanmartinez
beaniemanmartinez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARKSEID!

JHorton10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

DOOMSDAY PLEASE!!!!!!!! OR BIZARRO!!!!!!!!

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never, ever seen Luthor done right in a Superman movie. Sure, Hackman is a great actor and his Luthor had its charm. And Spacey is an incredible actor as well and could have been a fantastic Luthor. But neither was given the chance to play the character the way he truly is in an accurate portrayal of the Superman mythos.

So I would love to see Luthor in a Superman movie done right. For that reason, among others, I'd like to see him included int he next movie. But not if he is a clown with a real estate scheme up his sleeve.,

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By sasquatch888

@mina319: why would Warner bros do a aquaman or flash movie ....they could just make a batman/Superman movie and put those charecters in that movie ...why risk a flop ...an aquaman movie could flop badly ...they should just focus on batman and superman and include the other charecters in that movie

123cgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

darkseid!!

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#127  Edited By drphilter

It's simple... Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne become business acquaintances to restore the parts of Metropolis destroyed by the fight in the first movie when Lex reveals his utter hate and distrust for the one they call "Superman" which leads Batman to pop in perhaps as a cameo which leads to Worlds Finest the next year and Justice League the year after. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Batman to take over the movie, I would prefer it just to be Bruce Wayne for all but one scene. I also think Man of Steel 2 should acknowledge other heroic "super" beings in other cities.

The mid-credits should be something like this:

Fade from black into one of the few darker alleys in Metropolis where a crime has been disrupted before Superman actually got there.

"We need to talk" - Batman... credits. and end of the credits reveals "World's Finest coming 20XX"

Furthermore should they decide to do solo movies before the ensemble, this should be a recurring bit where after the credits have begun or outright end of the credits Superman recruits the likes of The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman acting like as the "Nick Fury".

Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: Each Member of the Justice League deserve their own movie, thats why, and Aquaman is awesome

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#129  Edited By kennybaese

I actually wouldn't mind if they followed a formula similar to Nolan's with the Batman trilogy. I see Luthor in the second movie a la Batman and Joker in The Dark Knight. They can use Luthor as an outspoken opponent of Superman because of the destruction caused by his fight with other members of his species at the end of the first movie. Maybe introduce Metallo and Parasite as anti-Superman weapons so we still get some drag out fights in the second movie. Then, in the third movie, do Brainiac or Doomsday so you have a big extraterrestrial threat that hearkens back to the first movie a la Bane and the League of Shadows in The Dark Knight Rises, especially since both Doomsday and Brainiac have ties back to Krypton. Maybe make Doomsday a military experiment started by Zod looking for revenge for Zod's death. Or, Brainiac could be someone Zod fought off when he attacked Krypton, so he comes to earth looking for the Last Son of Krypton to finish what he started.

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex easily but not just him.

have him be obsessed with Superman and try to create a clone which becomes Bizarro.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Ciriel

I would probably expect too much. I don't want to see Brainiac yet because he seems like he should be saved. They could do Doomsday and have Superman "die". I'm not sure how much the general public knows about it, but I'm sure it'd be this whole rejoicing moment when they see Superman come back.

Avatar image for dragonescarlata
dragonescarlata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@allstarsuperman:

Nah, its more like:

Zod = Rhas al'Gul

Brainiac = Joker

Darkseid = Bane

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Please No Lex !!! Darkseid! If Thanos is in Avengers, Darkseid needs to be in Superman!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not Lex, he's been overdone in both film and TV, and in all honesty I've never found him that interesting as a character anyway.

Super inferior villain.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second movie should be lex working with the govt,and creating villains Metallo,Parasite,and Bizzaro,all in the second movie.then third movie be Brainiac invasion.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex /Metallo/Parasite/Bizzaro the next movie needs to be focused in Metropolis,to build the iconic background that we are all used to.lex created all three of those villains so its good to have them all there.not to mention they all have powers that work differently,and visually are very different.

Brainiac is a large scale invasion movie,but it might be considered to close to Zods invasion,even if only generic.the next movie should focus on the people in supermans life,his job at the Planet,and his protecting Metropolis.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By JV

Let me start by saying I love MOS.....

I am less concerned about "who" the villain will be, and more concerned regarding the intention of the villain. What do I mean by that..... Zod was after Superman. That lead to his attack on Earth. So in essence, one could assume that Zod would never have found or attacked Earth if Superman was not here in the first place.

Earth needs a threat without Superman being the focus of the threat. Superman needs to be shown in a light where he does not bring destruction, but only to stop it. The villain's intentions should first be a threat to Earth, and then Superman saves the day. Then in the eyes of the people, there would be true value and admiration for Superman being on Earth. Otherwise Superman falls into the role, "Is he the bringer of rain" Just my thoughts.....

Avatar image for elizabeth12nixo
elizabeth12nixo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90 bucks an hour! Seriously I don't know why more people haven't tried this, I work two shifts, 3 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And whats awesome is that I am working from home so I get more time with my kids. There are also bonuses so my monthly income is from $4000-$8000 depending on how much effort i put in it... Try it today>............ www.Jam10.ℂom

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobsjonjon: I think Darkseid may be reserved for Justice League movie. (If that ever comes out)

Foxdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Foxdye

I say Metallo. He would be a good villain and it would be a good way to introduce kryptonite into the series.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They opened the way for Supergirl with that pod being open in the ship. and they could also find a way to have Lex get a hold of Zod's body, opening up for some cloning action and maybe a superboy or a Bizarro? we have options and all of them are pretty damn cool.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: You could do Aquaman in a Pacific Rim type of movie or an Atlantis invasion type of movie. Problem is that Aquaman will not draw the numbers that Batman and Superman draw, however to make the movie look big enough for people to come, it has to be high budget. They would not recoup on the movie if the tag is in the 200 mil range.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Lex!!!

Avatar image for wallcrawlercapedcrusader
WallCrawlerCapedCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see all of them in the Man of Steel film series.

SuperPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see either Doomsday, Bizarro or/and Lex Luthor. I would assume Lex Luthor will be in the next one though as there was a slight easter egg to his company LexCorp in Man of Steel.

MOONGREY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lex+brainiac have always been my fave supes villain teamups.. lex as genius scientist.. not stupid realtor..

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see a Superman movie that isn't just two hours of action with thinly written characters and terrible dialogue.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

ATOMIC SKULL!

No Caption Provided

PARASITE

No Caption Provided

AttitudeEraGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

PRgirl94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By PRgirl94

OK, I agree with those who say that they want a formula for the "Man of Steel" franchise similar to that of the "Dark Knight" trilogy. In that case, the best primary villain for the sequel would be Lex Luthor, as he is already alluded to in the first movie and he would make a good earthly threat to Superman. And if Batman's archenemy was in the second "Dark Knight" movie, Superman's archenemy should be in the second "Man of Steel" movie. And as Two-Face was a secondary villain for "The Dark Knight", we should have Metallo as the secondary villain for the "Man of Steel" sequel, since he would be a good way to introduce kryptonite as a weakness and he could be the villain who is corrupted by Lex Luthor just like Two-Face was corrupted by the Joker.

Doomsday should be saved for the third Superman movie as we have already had an alien threat in the first one and he could make a good physical threat for Superman just as Bane was a physical threat for Batman. And just as Talia al Ghul was a behind-the-scenes villain who was connected to the first movie, Brainiac should be the behind-the-scenes villain who is connected to Krypton.

And since Darkseid is not just an alien, but an evil god, and he would be a threat that would bring all the heroes of the DC universe together, he should be saved for a "Justice League" movie.

BTW, he is called "Superman" in the movie, just not to his face.